The Barrelball Affair [Closed Prandian RP]

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
FlamingDeth

Re: AHOY PEACH

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:23 pm

"...er...seats?" says Pete, hoping to get a grasp of the vaguely familiar language he was hearing. "Ok!"

Pete seemed to get considerably more cheereful. Only just shipwrecked, and he already had new friends! How lucky he was.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:56 pm

"Out of the way! Hey I'm landing!" Edgar, unable to find a bit of ground ot land on was forced to perch on someone's shoulder who was handing in their ticket a person at one of the booths. "Here ya go!"

He leaned over, holding the half of the ticket in his motuh that he was supposed to keep and the other half. All this time the person was going into spasms trying to shake Edgar off but he firmly clung, and the clerk, although hesitant at first, managed to reach in and rip off the other half of the ticket.

With a little jump and some flapping Edgar zoomed down the corridor and into the stadium, jsut above everyone's heads, though he might of accidently knocked a hat off or two... eh it was just a hat. Once he was inside he let out a chirp of joy and flew around, searching for a good seat, thoguh he thoguht it might jsut be better to stay hovering through the entire time.. though he doubted he had the determination to last the entire game flying.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Lost GM now found!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:57 pm

[OOC: Okay, I'm back and ready to revive this. You've all waited long enough, so let's get this thing moving. If you could all get your characters into the stadium the game can begin!]

The crowds around the stadium were beginning to thin as fans poured past the ticket booths. Now would seem to be a good time to get themselves to their seats.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:16 pm

"This way, I think," Curate says, as he starts toward the stadium gates.

He keeps an eye open for a place where Dakota, and perhaps Peaches, could obtain a ticket. He was afriad they might be out of luck, unless they saw a scalper.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Lost GM now found!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:31 pm

Curate's observance payed off, as to his right through the crowd he - well, heard more than spotted - a hawker. The man was unkempt, but he did appear to be clutching genuine tickets in his hand. Still, they would need to see them close up to check if they were forged or not...if they could.

'Tickets! Tickets fer sale! Get yer tickets here! Snap 'em up afore they're gorn!'

Edited by: Blaze Yamato Spirit  Image at: 6/13/03 1:25 pm

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:47 pm

Still not sure that he understood exactly what these people were saying, or even had the vaguest idea of what they were saying for that matter, Pete instead just nodded, and followed Curate.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:27 pm

Curate looks at Dakota, and says, "If you want a ticket, I'm fairly certain that is the only place you are going to get one without a great deal of hassle."

He motions subtly to the scalper to accentuate his point.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:23 pm

Dakota nodded. "Oh I do hate them scalper and such but I reckon I ought to...." She sniffed derisively but made her way over to the scalper. "Howdy. How much are them tickets?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:32 pm

The man whipped around, a ticket in his hand, his grin revealing two rows of rotten gums and dirty teeth.

'Fer you, only 4 gold pieces, and you can't say fairer than that, it's a steal!'

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:40 pm

Dakota blinked and smiled in pleasant surprise. "Why....that certainly is a steal. And let me tell you, I am a frugal one." She pulled out for gold pieces from her purse and held them out. "Thank you."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:51 pm

The scalper snatched the coins from her hand and in the same motion replaced them with a ticket. He turned and scampered off into the crowd, no doubt to find more customers elsewhere.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:57 pm

Dakota smiled as she wandered back to the group. She curiously looked them over as she spoke. "4 gold. I'd imagine them to be more expensive."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:12 pm

"That should take care of us all," Curate says as Dakota returns. He then makes his way for the gate, checking to make sure his ticket is still there.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:22 am

Pete followed Curate to his destination.

"...so what's this thing we're goin' to?" the druid asks, in his unfamiliar dialect. "Is it fun? And is there FOOD there?"

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:39 pm

Peach stared wide eyed at the scalper during the transaction and as he ran away.

"He looks just like my Uncle."

She runs a hand through her short cropped blonde hair and grins in her fashion, a hand slipping into the battered shorts she's wearing, fishing out a ticket from her pocket.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:18 pm

"Mhh where to sit.. no that plac's taken.. hey there's an- ah! hey don't kill me!" A big woman slide into the seat he was half-sitting on already, he jsut barely managed to sldie away before she would crush him. He screeched at her then flew away, continuing on his search for a seat.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:45 pm

And so without further ado Curate led them all through the crowds to the nearest ticketbooth, and they were all let through with minimum fuss (even Dakota, if you were wondering if it was a dodgy ticket.). Now all that was left to do was to make their way to their seats.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:12 pm

Curate looks for some decent seats, preferably where they could all sit together. It wouldn't do for Peachs or Pete to get seperated in unfamiliar territory.

"If I recall properly, Baarador prefers vendors to stands, so we should have food brought to us."

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:34 pm

Peachs threads her way after Curate, and her other assorted company for the moment until they come to their seats.

Picking the one near Curate, she stretches for a moment then hops in her chair, after much squirming and changing of positions, she is in her chair, in a crouch, bouncing up and down on her toes, excitedly watching the field, ready for the festivities to start. However she has picked a squeaky chair, and is making rather a lot of noise.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:20 pm

From what he could understand, Pete really liked the idea of food being brought to him. It didn't even cross his mind that he may have to pay to get his food. Either way, he decided to take the seat on the other side of Curate from Peaches, as quite frankly, she wierded him out.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:36 am

Curate's recollection had served him well - within minutes of their sitting down a vendor was walking in their direction, a large tray around his neck.

'Loredani pasties! Anyone for a pastie? Get 'em while there hot!'

A little way away another vendor was selling Baaradoran fare - obviously the stadium owners were eager to please fans of both teams by selling traditional fare from both provinces.

<center>~~~</center>

Meanwhile, a magically enhanced voice boomed out from the top box.

'Good day, barrelball fans, and welcome to the All Prandia Cup Final! The match will be starting very shortly, so please, make
your way to your seats quickly. And for those of you already waiting, why not buy some snacks, or perhaps some souvenirs so you can make your friends at home even more jealous than they no doubt already are!'

[Yes, I know it's reminiscent of Harry Potter, but it has to be, really. >_> It's not as if Prandia have microphones, so magic would be the best way to amplify a voice. :\]

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:27 am

"Pasties, over here!" Curate called out, wavinga hand to get the vendors attention, and reaching into his pocket for the proper coinage.

Nekogami

Lost yak now found!

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:23 pm

Dakota, since she was so tall and rotund decided to the side. "I hope that ball doesn't come and hit me in the face. I'll sue...." She scribbles down a little something in the notepad about the dangers of flying balls. "And imagine after buying tickets they want you to spend mooore. I smell corruption." The idea of exposing a large ring of crime and favors excited Dakota. She flicked her ears eagerly.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:30 am

Curate received the pasties just as the voice boomed out of the stadium once more:

'Ladies and gentleman, the All Prandia Championship Cup Final is about to commence!'

A loud cheer went up from most of the crowd as three men and a woman, dressed in blue and gold, filed onto the pitch.

'Allow me to introduce the Barrelball team! Marcus Samson, the home team's attacker! Graegor U'han, the free agent! Seth Shane, the defender! Aaaaand Sara Darley, the coil!'

A loud cheer rang out above the general noise after each name. As soon as Darley's cheer had died down, four more people walked onto the pitch from the opposite end - these were the Loredan team, dressed in various shades of green. This team was composed entirely of elves, whereas the Baarador team's only non-human was Darley, a part-usagijin, as evidenced by her ears.

'And here are the challengers to the title, the Loredan team! Fillina Clearsky, the attacker! Meridan Treadlightly, the free agent! Lain Swiftriver, the defender! Aaaaand Narim Strongoak, the coil!'

Again, after each name cheers went up - this time from the Loredan side of the stands.

'And now the teams are getting into their positions as the referee comes onto the pitch.'

The referee wore red robes, and carried in his hand a wand. When he reached the edge of the pitch he checked that all of the players were where they should be, raised his arm, and shot a bolt of glowing green energy into the air, at the same time tossing the ball up above the pitch. It was caught Graegor U’han and the game began in earnest, with Baarador taking an early lead thanks to an excellent pass from U’han to Samson.

Uncle Pervy

Re: Lost yak now found!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:51 pm

Curate settled in to watch, munching upon his treat. "Well, it only makes sense that food and such would cost extra," he replies to Dakota with a smile. "But, you might have an interesting idea; a ticket with the price of food factored in?"

He glanced at Pete and Peaches, seeing how there were getting along.

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:57 pm

Peaches meanwhile, had managed to procure a bit of dried jerky from her short's pocket, and was bouncing up and down in her seat, shouting for her favorite players. Most of what was said was unintelligible. But enthusiastic! Very very enthusiastic. It seems Miss Baxter is a very avid fan.

As the announcer finishes, Peach stops waving her fist stuffed with jerky and leans back, eyes wide as saucers, and a wide grin on her face.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:14 am

As the game got underway, a confused look soon glazed over Pete's face. He had never actually participated in any organized sports, or even watched them for any memorable length of time, so this was completely new to him, and quite confusing.

"...so...uh..." the druid said, in his coastal Doman dialect. "What're they tryin' ta do here? It jus' looks like a big...fight...but they ain't hittin' each other, an' they're stayin' inside those funky boxes..."

Uncle Pervy

I am sooo tempted to rip off Harry Potter here. :(

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:57 pm

"That's about right," Curate says with a chuckle. "They're trying to get that ball in the other team's barrel. And the other team is allowed to do anything short of actually trying to hurt the them to make sure that don't."

FlamingDeth

I wouldn't know if you did!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:31 pm

"...oh." said the young unibrowed druid, not really having any other response to that.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Now let's get down to the nitty gritty...

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:09 pm

And so the game continued, the players all blurs of frantic energy as the ball flew back and forth across the pitch. It was fascinating, if a little confusing to watch - especially for Pete - and made for a very entertaining half an hour.

The final score -

Loredan 21, Baarador 20.

As this was announced the Loredan supporters in the stand erupted into cheering and song, Loredan had taken the cup, they were the All Prandia League Champions.

And now, the Cup will be presented to the winning team. Her majesty regrets that she cannot be with us today to present the award, but sends her congratulations to the winning side.

There was a pause, and the more eagle-eyed among the crowd would notice a woman whispering into the announcers ear.

Ladies and Gentlemen... Please remain seated. We have an emergency announcement.

The Barrelball Cup has been stolen.

Please, everyone remain in their seats. The Kestrels are now guarding the exits. Do not think of teleporting or using any other magic to leave, as the stadium is well shielded and we could do without the mess.

Uncle Pervy

Re: I wouldn't know if you did!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:44 pm

Curate scratched his chin. This was most curious, that they would announce the theft. Well, perhaps not. It would make sense that the people know the cause of the hold-up, but wouldn't announcing that it is misplaced achieve the the same?

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into my own stories.

"Interesting, don't you all think?" He says. "I suppose are itching to investigate, Dakota?"

FlamingDeth

LIVEX0R. >:(

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:55 pm

Pete remained seated, as the announcer man told him. After all, he didn't take it, so he had no reason to try to get away, and maybe they could find it easier if he just did what they said...but if he got up and went to find it, he might be a hero! He always wanted to be a hero!

Oblivious to Curate's words, Pete sat motionless, a surprisingly thoughtful expression on his unibrowed face.

Nekogami

Re: I wouldn't know if you did!

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:05 pm

Dakota was already pounced upon the potential story. She had snatched up a young man in Baarador's clothing and was interviewing him intensely. He answered her question timidly and confusedly but the minotauress looked pleased with all of his answers.

"Yes, yes.....This is EXACTLY what I've been waiting for. A big story!" She bounced back to Curate. "We have to go to the scene of the crime. There's bound to be all kinds of leads and if there are any leaks I want to be the first to hear them!"

Previous

Return to Gaera Main RPs