Collector's Item (Freestyle serious rp - ask before joining)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Jak Snide

Either Kilra's a moron, or she's got that drow streak in her

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun May 12, 2002 4:56 pm

Kilra slowed her pace, dropping back a little so she could see Aya better. She was still a little skeptical that Aya was the queen.

"So, you're really the queen?" she asked plainly.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

On the Road to Turo!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sun May 12, 2002 10:41 pm

"Yeah..." she answered bluntly, "Doesn't really seem like it eh? Well I'm not exactly of royal blood if that's what you're looking for...to tell you the truth, I used to be a knight for the castle..."

"Hey sis..." Ara crashed through the folliage, landing right next to her kopii, "I think he was going for a town, I flew up higher to get a better view and I saw one that way..." she pointed to the northeast, "Of here.."

"Okay, gotcha...I think that might be Turo...anyways like I was sayin'...I was a knight and the King fell in love with me..." Aya blushed.

Ara snickered a little.

"And everything just went from there..." ^_^

Jak Snide

o.o I'm a bleeding idiot.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon May 13, 2002 9:18 am

>_> "Eh? So you're saying you seduced him to get into power?" she asked, a slight hint of disapproval in her voice. Kilra was unfamiliar with any sort of ascent to power through non-dubious means.

KraKeN

Re: o.o I'm a bleeding idiot.

Unread postby KraKeN » Mon May 13, 2002 10:25 am

"Kinky" said Kraken running up and catching the last part of what Kilra said. He was shattered and sat down puffing and weezing.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

NANI?!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon May 13, 2002 11:33 am

O.O "WHAT?!" Aya was shocked, and rather pissed nonetheless, "I didn't SEDUCE him!" she growled at the drow angrily, "He FELL IN LOVE WITH ME, there's a difference you know...HE was the one who suggested that we started dating..." she grumbled again with an angry huff and walked ahead of Kilra, "Enough, I don't have time for this @#%$, my little sister is in trouble..."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: NANI?!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon May 13, 2002 12:35 pm

Blaze had also stopped running, but was still moving, now some way ahead of the others. He'd be damned if he got pulled into this conversation.

In the distance he thought he could see the forest thinning, and increased his pace...

Jak Snide

o.o;;

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon May 13, 2002 2:32 pm

IM: "Think, then open mouth! Stupid! Not everything up here is based on gaining power!" >_<

o.o;; "Eh...sorry." she muttered, feeling a little guilty about throwing such accusations around.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Gm mode launching...crashing...rebooting....launching again

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon May 13, 2002 4:39 pm

And so with much bickering and much saying of things they regreted almost immediately the motley band of heros thrown together by circumstances beyond their control moved forward out of the forest surrounding Doma, and towards the road heading towards the Rivian border. This same road passed through the down of Turo, where a band of villains, bent on the pursuit of worldly riches were preaparing their deaths. Before they entered the town however the road wound between two steep hills, and it was here the band of mercenaries where preparing their ambush...

"Alright lads," said their leader, "here they come! Time to earn your pay. Grayn and Phibs, head upwards to get good clear beads on the formost of 'em. If there's any mages try and pick them off first, right? Get movin'! Go!" The two he addressed shouldered their crossbows and headed upwards. "Okay, that's sorted, Rixy and Hearsko, head across the road to flank 'em, take out any who hang around the back, cause they'll be the weaklings. The rest of you," he said to the three remaining men, "are with me. We're gonna take it right to them, but wait for my move."

KraKeN

Re: NANI?!

Unread postby KraKeN » Mon May 13, 2002 4:41 pm

Seeing Blaze move of Kraken jumped to his feet as if he wasn't the chain-smoker he was and started to jog after Blaze trying to catch up. Over his shoulder he shouted "come on girls yournot at home now you know".

Jak Snide

Woo! Plot advancement!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon May 13, 2002 5:10 pm

*Back before the long journey*

¬_¬ "Hey, you can talk. I'm not that one who was stumbling around half an hour ago."

---

*After the journey*

Running all the way across the countryside was a good way to get out of breath. Which explained why Kilra had slowed to a reasonable pace a while ago.

9_9 IM: "Euch. Bloody sun. Always making my life difficult."

Kilra had taken position as the vanguard of the group, despite any protests that had been made. She entered the narrower ground between the two hills, her eyes directed down, and away from the sun.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Arr, we be a motley crew!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon May 13, 2002 9:26 pm

Aya and Ara had both cooled off somewhat in their long run through the woods, but both still remained very fustrated and very angry. They were silent, saying very little to the other members that had come along, Aya personally didn't want to have anything to do with the drow currently, but their main reason for their silence could be found in the massive telepathic communication occurring between the two. This was normal however, a basic, "Catch up with recent events I'll share my memories with you" kind of thing.

"Hey sis..." Ara broke the silence, "Do you smell something?"

"Smells like...armpits....why?"

"We may have company then..."

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: Arr, we be a motley crew!

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue May 14, 2002 8:18 am

"Alright lads, let the earth feast on their blood!" Shouted Johan as he jumped from his hiding place, bearing down on Kilra, swinging his axe in a dangerously uncontrolled semi-circle at head hight. The three with him followed, and prepared their weapons for combat.

Meanwhile on top of the hill:
"Hey Grayn, which one's the queen, cause we should take 'er out first, so she doesn't 'ave us 'unted out of Doma."
"Clever bloke, Phibbs, it's that 'un, innit?" He said, pointing at Ara.
"But ain't it the other lizard girl, that 'un?" He said, pointing at Aya.
"Dunno, you shoot 'er, I'll shoot my 'un." And they both fired, Ara was missed by a lot, while Phibs managed to get a minor wound on Aya, drawing a thin line of blood.

Meanwhile Rixy and Hearsko maintained their hiding positions, waiting for an opportunity to take the group by suprise.

Jak Snide

Bandits! Weeeeeeee! XD

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue May 14, 2002 8:41 am

Kilra looked around, noting the crossbow men on top of the hill, and the charging band of loonies.

"Bandits, eh?" she muttered, a smile on her face as she snapped Silence and Dusk from their sheaths. Instead of charging them, she remained back, instead closing her eyes and concentrating on one of the bandits.

(Faerie fire on one of the bandits charging her. Not the leader.)

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Can't tell 'em apart! HA!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue May 14, 2002 11:59 am

"@#%$! We're under attack!" Aya drew her sword.

"I knew I smelled something..." Ara did the same.

"Too bad you know who isn't here, she'd get a kick out of thi-- OW!" Aya flinched, holding her small cut, "Damn, where'd that come from?!" she growled, searching around until she saw the two standing atop the hill, "THERE! Those bastards shot me!"

"Then...CHARGE!!" Ara pointed her sword at the hill and ran, followed by her sister right behind her, "I'll teach you to mess with the Queen!"

KraKeN

Re: Can't tell 'em apart! HA!

Unread postby KraKeN » Tue May 14, 2002 12:20 pm

Kraken seeing Kilra attacked whipped out his two hand crossbows from inside his cloak and running for the nearest bit of cover he could find fired off the two bolts at the group attacking Kilra.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Okay...read the post this time...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue May 14, 2002 4:29 pm

(OOc - Jak, there is a HUGE axe moments away of parting Kilra's head from her shoulders...)

"Damn," muttered Grayn, as he and Phibs quickly wound up their crossbows, judging correctly that they had one more go until the pair reached them.

"YEARGH! FIRE! THEY'VE GOT A MAGE!" Screamed one of the mercenaries in the main group, dropping to the ground and rolling around, trying to put out the illusionary flames. Two crossbow bolts flashed over where he had been standing a moment before, one of them speeding off into the distance, where it would eventually fall to the earth, the other embedding itself in another of the mercenary's armour, just piercing the leather, and making him stop and try to pin Kraken's position, seeing him he pointed with his spear at the theif and broke out into a trot in his direction "That's a new set of armour, yer gonna pay for that. Yer a dead man!"

At this moment Rixy and Hearsako jumped from their hiding positions. Hearsako aimed his bow and Blaze, and fired a shot he had been lining up for some time, heading straight for it's target. Rixy pulled out her broad sword and followed Hearsako's shot. HEarsako was an xperienced archer, and knew not to see whether he hit or not, but as soon as he had let the first shaft fly he was fitting another one, and aimed at Blaze again, this time his aim was not perfect, but might hit if Blaze didn't dodge to his right, towards Rixy.

At this point Phibs and Grayn had reloaded, and both got of a hurried shot, Phibs' shot again headed a little off its target, and hummed past Aya's ear, but this time Grayn got a hit, his crossbow bolt thudding into Ara's stomach area.

(OOC - Okay, combat order is just going to go you guys in any order, then the bandits in any order, then you guys etc etc... Remember your objective is to get this over as quickly as possible, so you can pursue the Huntsman again.)

KraKeN

Is sooo 1337 I don't care if I hit, (well i do really ^^;; )

Unread postby KraKeN » Tue May 14, 2002 4:43 pm

Seeing the mercenary with the spear break off from and run towards him, Kraken in one swift movement rolled to the ground holstering his hand crossbows and pulling his heavy crossbow off his back. Lining up the rapidly approaching mercenary he fired the crossbow.

Jak Snide

Heheh..Gwah!?

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue May 14, 2002 5:25 pm

Kilra opened her eyes, smirking slightly as she heard the yells of the fooled bandit, the harmless illusionary flames lapping over him.

And found an axe circling towards her head.

"V..vith!" she yelled, raised Dusk in her right hand to block the blow, while drawing Silence back in her other, preparing for a counter strike.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Ow O_O

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue May 14, 2002 10:06 pm

"ARGH!" Ara yelped, falling back a bit, her free hand immediately reaching down to pull the crossbow bolt from her abdomen, "Damned bastard!" >.<

Aya paused for a moment, "Sis are you okay?!"

"I'll be fine it's not THAT bad..." >.o "C'mon let's teach these two a lesson! Double digu sis!"

"Right!" Aya grinned and charged forwards, along with her sis, matching her exact steps, her exact moves as both pulled back their swords, chanting in union, clear diamondlike gems set in the hilts of their swords pulsating with light, crackling with lightening as the pair neared the two shooters.

"DIGU...."

"...VOLT!" twin blasts of lightening fired from the blades at the offending briggands.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Excitement continues!

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed May 15, 2002 10:50 am

Now the difference between Phibs and Grayn is that Phibs has some gray matter in his skull, and so knew when to duck, and so knew that this was a good time to duck, and so he ducked. The magic seared across his back in a blaze of agony and he screamed in pain. "ARGH! Oh...ow...Gyayn, you okay? Grayn?" Phibs looked at the twisted body of his comrade, flung down the other side of the hill. "Oh..." he turned, and saw the two sisters had reached him. "...bugger..." He lifted up his club, trying to ward off any blows as he got to his feet.

Matteus, for such was the name of the mercenary with the spear, stopped in his tracks, his spear still held doubly pointed at Kraken. He looked at the crossbow bolt embedded in his stomach, and on of his hands relinquished it's grasp on the spear, to slowly feel the head of the shaft poking his armour on his back. "No...that's not how it should be...GRAGH!" He yanked the bolt out of his gut, and blood started to pool around the hole in his armour. He reached to his belt and grasped one of the potions secured there, and lifted it to his lips, letting the cool clear liquid drain down his gullet, feeling the coolness wash over him, and his bleeding stopped and his wound healed up. "Ow...that hurt..." he stood where he had been shot, making sure he was alright.

"Hey, wait a second, there's no heat in these flames...it's an illusion! Which one of them did that?" Asked a mercenary picking himself out of the dirt.
"I dunno," said one of his companions, "but-" at that moment Aya and Ara attacked the snipers on the hill, and both mercenaries looked over at them. "Hey! They're attacking Grayn and Phibs!"
"Let's get 'em!"

(OOc - Waiting for others, RebelKitsune and Blaze, to post, before the rest of the bandits attack)

Jak Snide

A little question.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed May 15, 2002 11:47 am

(OOC: Sorry to ask, but Kilra will take her action when Johan attacks, correct?)

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: A little question.

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed May 15, 2002 11:53 am

(OOC - whoops! Missed one!)

Johan's axe swung around, the very air seemed to scream as it passed through it. Kilra did get her blade up in time, but the sheer force of the blow staggered her, knocking her back. As she stumbled she prepared to attack the now unguarder mercenary, who was struggling to bring his axe around for another swing, but before she could a man darted inbetween them, a long sword and a short sword flashing as he drove away her blade with his short sword and lunged with his long sword.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed May 15, 2002 12:05 pm

The first arrow embedded itself in Blaze's right shoulder, just below the joint. In response he screamed out in rage, frustratin, and agony, at the same time bringing both his pistol hand and his right hand - this one with some difficulty - up.

And didn't fire. Instead, he had begun chanting under his breath, and just before the female warrior bore down on him he completed the incantation.

'CHAOS THEORY!' He bellowed, as chaotic beams of multi-hued light shot from his hand and engulfed her and all enemies in a 10 m radius area with her as the focal point.

(OOC: 60% chance of confusing all enemies in range. If that goes against your plan, SS, then it's your call.)

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed May 15, 2002 12:12 pm

(OOC - Plan? This is basically a random battle, to keep it interesting. And to keep everyone moving. Anyhow the only one in that range [10m is pretty small] is the archer)

"What the...?" She stopped and shook her head, trying to sort out all the colours, and failed. she sat down on the ground holding her head and whimpering under her breath. The archer, on the other hand, saw the crazy shapes and colours in his mind, and started firing in random directions. Most of the shots missed everyone, but one arrow did speed straight for the knot of Kilra, Johan, and the other mercenary attacking Kilra.

Jak Snide

Ovo Don't you know what a duel is?!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed May 15, 2002 12:19 pm

Kilra spat at the mercenarys face, no tactic too low in such situations.

Then she heard the tell-tale whistle of an arrow. Making sure not to remove her attention from the mercenaries attacking her, she tried as best as she could to avoid the arrows path.

(OOC: In Phil Sys she has ranks in missile evasion. Obviously against firearms this wouldn't help that much, but against bolts and arrows it'd give her a fair chance of getting aside. Of course, she is a little occupied.)

KraKeN

Charge

Unread postby KraKeN » Wed May 15, 2002 3:52 pm

Kraken seeing the his adversary take the potion had swung his heavy crossbow back onto his back and was charging with his long sword drawn. He met his attacker head on slicing down at his face, before darting off to the side and turning to face his opponent

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Combat

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed May 15, 2002 4:20 pm

Kilra nimbly dodged the arrow as it streaked past, it missed both her fellow combatants as well. The swordsman darted forward, trying to seek a gap in her defenses and keep her blocking. As he pressed his attack he dodged to the side, to allow his boss to come through with a huge vertical sweep to Kilra's head.

The spearsman swung to butt of his spear up, deflecting Kraken's blow, then continued to follow him around, bringing the shaft of his spear into the back of Kraken's knees.

Jak Snide

Ah. Detailed hand to hand. Good stuff.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed May 15, 2002 4:27 pm

(OOC: I assume it's a downwards blow.)

Kilra remembered the teachings of her blade master. "Nightfall, and then there was silence. She remembered the tactic well.

Raising Dusk up and across to deflect the axe to her right side, she brought Silence in with her left hand, aiming for Johans torso.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Our merc. has a heart....

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed May 15, 2002 4:35 pm

Blaze had since reached the female warrior, who was now sitting on the ground, too confused to take action. He pistol-whipped her across the back of the head, taking her out of the action (I assume that it's a simple task in this case SS). He then moved to subdue the archer. Killing the two while they were confuzed went against most -if not all- of his pronciples.

KraKeN

Re: Ah. Detailed hand to hand. Good stuff.

Unread postby KraKeN » Wed May 15, 2002 4:37 pm

Kraken's legs were knocked from under him and he fell onto his back. Hangover completely forgotten now he instinctively backward rolled back onto his feet out of reach and readied himself for the next attack.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

The best way to the heart is via the stomach, then stab up.

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed May 15, 2002 4:44 pm

Once again the sheer force of Johan's attack forced Kilra back, and when she recovered to counter-attack the other mercenary was ready to deflect the blow. It was clear that this was a well practiced double team.

The female warrior slumped to the ground in a heap, but the archer was still active, and while Blaze's image was distored and multi-coloured he could just make out the approaching hero. "GREAGH! YOU'LL NOT TAKE ME!!!" He fired off two arrows before Blaze reached him, missing with the first, and putting the second in the wrong way around. Blaze found it no trouble to knock him out as well.

Jak Snide

Hmm, tactics tactics....*ponders*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed May 15, 2002 5:03 pm

IM: "T,teamwork? These rivvil have some admirable aspects after all!"

She knew that she could only secure herself from defeat in a flawless defence. Victory came from finding the flaw in the defence of the enemy.. Trying to seize any time that she had while Johan recovered, she darted in at the other mercenary, Dusk slashing across, Silence diving in again.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: Hmm, tactics tactics....*ponders*

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu May 16, 2002 8:02 am

The mercenary, brought his blades around to block, but as he parried one the other came through the gap, keeping him on the defensive. But Kilra was slightly quicker, working his blades apart and then darting for the gap in the middle. He brought his longsword around to divert the thrust, and did so, but too little too late, Dusk scored a vicious wound on his right chest, taking a deep slash through his armour. Causing him to stumble back as his leader reared back for another blow on her flank.

Jak Snide

<_< Which one? >_>

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu May 16, 2002 8:37 am

>_< IM: "Two on one isn't faaaaiiiir~!"

Thoroughly annoyed that the Johan's intervention had prevented her from dealing a finishing blow, she whirled around, both blades held parallel for a double slash aimed at his stomach, hoping to get the attack in before he brought the axe down.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: <_< Which one? >_>

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu May 16, 2002 9:16 am

Johan roared as he felt the twin swords slash his belly, slipping through his armour and drawing blood. A lot of blood. Johan stopped as blood poured out of his stomach, and his spleen emptied its contents. (OOC - cirical hit, cricital damage, bloodbloodbloodbloodblood....) He slumped to the ground, clutching the massive wound, and droped his axe. He had a healing potion at his waist, but the loss of blood was too much, too much pain, he couldn't move for the pain, for the pain, for the blackness...Johan passed out.

The other mercenary facing Kilra looked at the body of his leader and turned to the drow. "You...you...I'm going to kill you!" He leaped towards her, both blades pointed straight for her neck.

Jak Snide

Spider Slash! ^_^ v

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu May 16, 2002 9:21 am

IM: "Dumb move."

Dusk slashed across to the right, trying to slap both blades aside while Silence came in low for another strike.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu May 16, 2002 9:41 am

Kilra's practiced tactic worked. she felt Silence embed itself deep within the the mercenary, and his expression turned from one of hatred and anger to one of suprise and confusion...and pain. As she slid her blade out of his body he took one last attack on his enemy, his dagger had only been moments away from her neck, and he nicked her a small cut, but an effective one. He just managed to scrape the skin over her jugular vien, opening a small wound, but blood quickly began to seep from the cut, trickling down Kilra's neck to join the pool of blood of her two slain foes, puddling around her boots.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu May 16, 2002 11:59 am

Blaze span and quickly surveyed the battlefield. Kilra had dealt with her enemies admirably, but...what was that!? She was losing blood, and fast. He ran over to her, at the same time tearing off his sleeve. That wound would have to be dealt with as soon as possible if her life was to be saved.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Double trouble

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu May 16, 2002 1:50 pm

With one of the snipers down, both dragons turned their agression on the remaining one, grinning maniacally.

"You know..." Aya brought her sword up over her head.

"...shooting at us..." Ara pulled her sword back beside her.

"...was a bad idea!" With that, Aya brought her blade down, intending to smash the man's skull in while Ara thrust her sword forwards underneath her sister's blow aiming to impale the man in the chest along the massive sword.

Jak Snide

^_^ v Victoly! 6_6 @#%$ bleeding.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu May 16, 2002 3:01 pm

>.< "Oooo...I HATE bleeding!

Kilra sheathed Silence, her left hand rising to try and stem the flow of blood from her neck while she kept Dusk raised, peering around for an attacker.

(OOC: How bad is the bleeding, and how many mercs are left?)

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs