Blood Vengeance (full PhilSys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Divinegon2130

Sorry, brain shorted a bit.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:51 pm

To Layne's dismay, his spell seemed to have no effect on the other bronze serpent at all - not even a slight tarnish. He realized that the effectiveness of his spell on the serpent he'd targeted first was due to luck, and that something different would likely be necessary.

(Walter's turn.)

Geocsuppi

Re: Sorry, brain shorted a bit.

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:11 am

Walters finally gives up, if he isn't going to cause any damage to the beast than no damage will be cast on his teammates.

He found everyone on the astral plane and started about tighting the strands around him.

[casts Big Shell on self.]

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:47 am

Walter completed the spell rather easily, the strands of the astral plane forming a tough shield around his physical body.

(+3 bonus to PA for Walter, 14 point reduction. Walter is at 59/86 MP. Jeff's turn, and Elijah's after that.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:00 am

Bingo. Observing the success of his first strike, Jeff wasted no time in following it up with a second. A blast of fire leapt from his hand once more as Jeff attempted to finish off the snake he'd already attacked.

(Fire 2 again.)

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:10 pm

(OOC: REALLY sorry for the delay. Was wondering if Xia was going to post a reaction first, but I was also in a GMing "slump" for a few days.)

And Jeff's blast of fire singed the serpent once again, melting several sections of bronze near its tail end. Even though it survived that blast, surely enough one more would ruin the thing. Likely not a problem for Jeff... or for any of the others...

(Jeff deals 38 damage. Elijah's turn.)

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:40 pm

Smiling, happy with his work, Elijah carefully let go of the perhaps still recovering Daemon, and turned swiftly towards the Serpent nearest to him, leaning forward slightly, he let his swing out, going for a slash.

(simple Slash with the tail ^_^)

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 4/26/03 4:57:05 pm

Divinegon2130

And to prove I'm really ready....

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:04 pm

Despite his hastiness with the slash, Elijah was able to inflict some serious harm with his tail, cutting through one of the bronze plates that the serpent basically was.

Meanwhile, Darrith focused his attention on the other serpent. Rearing his arm back and chanting a few words, the draconian whipped a ball of conjured mud at the serpent, but his aim was off, and the mud splashed onto the ground.

The serpent Elijah had attacked turned its attention to Walter, lunging forward at him. And despite the shield he had conjured around him, the serpent was still able to penetrate his armor. What the shield did do, however, was take a great deal of shock away from the injury. As for the lightning around the serpent's teeth, Walter was able to stave it off with his own force of will.

Damon, seeing this, turned his attention to that serpent, chanting a bit before, in a loud voice, emphasizing the last words of the chant, "DARK INFERNO!!" And again the mass of blackish flame struck... but this time, it seemed to not even faze the serpent he had been aiming it at.

During this, the serpent that Darrith had tried to attack turned its focus on Elijah. He lunged forth, aiming low, but Elijah was easily able to leap out of the way of the electric jaws.

(Elijah dealt 33 damage, and Bronze Serpent B inflicted 13 damage to Walter. All other attacks missed. Layne's turn.)

Dark Xia

Re: And to prove I'm really ready....

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:00 pm

Elijah gazed at one of the serpents, and thought he saw only the desire for death in it. In frustration he cried out "Can't you speak? Can't you think! Can't you stop yourself!?" Elijah new inside it would probably be too late even if they were sentient, blows had been struck and pain felt. Either he and his companions would die or they would. Period.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue May 20, 2003 11:09 am

"This battle..." Fires formed in Layne's hands.

"Is really..." He put his palms together, making the flames even hotter.

"Getting..." His palms now pointed at the two metallic creatures before him.

"ANNOYING!" A huge ball of flame appeared, and as it now flew towards the serpents, it grew larger...

(Fireball.)

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue May 20, 2003 8:20 pm

The fireball rapidly burned through the area, barely stopping before it would have reached any of Layne's allies. One of the serpents was singed badly, and starting to seriously feel the effects of all that had been directed against it, some of its bronze plates cracking under the heat strain.

The other serpent, however, simply shrugged off the blast as if it were nothing.

Meanwhile, Walter had a tough decision to make. Whether to protect Layne or the ailing draconian Darrith... Walter decided he was going to protect Layne first. He tightened the strands of the astral plane around Layne, providing him with a strong physical barrier against the harm that was likely to be dealt.

(Layne deals 28 damage to one serpent; other resists. Walter casts Big Shell on Layne, providing +3 PA bonus and 12 point damage reduction.

Jeff's turn.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue May 20, 2003 10:55 pm

While undeniably effective, the constant barrage of fire spells was getting boring. Of course, lightning was probably not a good idea, which left... ice.

Focusing on the nearest snake, Jeff flung a conjured icicle at it. With luck, it wouldn't deal well with the sudden temperature change...

Divinegon2130

Making headway....

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri May 23, 2003 11:03 am

The small icicle found its mark on the serpent in front of Jeff. Normally, this would have been nothing for the beast. However, in its drastically weakened state, the stress caused by being heated by Layne, then suddenly chilled by Jeff, caused the serpent's bronze plates to split open.

This was immediately followed by the loss of electricity from the serpent itself, as the construct de-animated.

(Jeff deals 17 damage and destroys one bronze serpent. Elijah's turn.)

Dark Xia

Re: Making headway....

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri May 23, 2003 9:09 pm

Dammit. Elijah thought. Damn their creator.

Without further thinking he came after the other serpent. He lowered himself down onto all four, taking more of a true scorpion-like stance, his tail surged forward, looking to strike that the remaining serpent. You might even catch a slight hiss from his mouth.

(Thrust with tail)

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri May 23, 2003 9:39 pm

Unfortunately for Elijah, the serpent saw the strike coming, and nimbly moved its body away from his approaching tail, barely making Elijah miss.

Darrith, meanwhile, had started to become aggravated. To show this anger, he stomped hard on the ground... but surprisingly, no other bursts of magic came. This caused the draconian to curse under his breath.

The bronze serpent that both of them had tried to attack then reared backward for a quick lunge on Elijah. But to its dismay, Elijah was just too quick for it, easily avoiding its jaws.

Damon had been waiting for this. He rushed up to the serpent, and sunk his shikomi-zue through the serpent's back, causing it to jerk away as if in pain.

(Elijah, Darrith, and the remaining serpent all miss. Damon hits for 41 damage.

Layne's turn.)

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat May 24, 2003 4:04 pm

"Man, will these things NEVER die?" Layne wondered as he slung a icy blast at the more haggard looking creature...

(Ice 2.)

Divinegon2130

Round three completed.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon May 26, 2003 10:01 pm

Layne's ice blast slammed into the serpent, forming a layer of frost along its metallic body. It was clear that the serpent couldn't take much more.

That was when Walter realized that there wasn't enough to warrant continuing the direct protection of his allies. Thus, he allowed his senses to enter the Astral plane, sought out the serpent's astral threads, and began to sharply unweave them.

The threads were unable to take Walter's pressure, and he was able to pull them free, causing the serpent to deanimate rapidly.

(Layne dealt 46 damage, Walter cast Slice and dealt 80 damage due to weakness. Combat is over. Everyone gets 475 XP, except for Elijah, who gets 500 XP, and for Damon, who gets less, but I shall not tell how much.)

Darrith nearly collapsed onto the ground when the other construct deanimated. "Those guys were tough.... and their jaws..."

Damon leaned on his shikomi-zue meanwhile, all the more tired from what had happened. "At this rate, the others are going to beat us to oblivion! These guys were horribly strong!"

Dark Xia

Re: Round three completed.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue May 27, 2003 6:37 pm

"Are you saying we should turn back then?" Elijah's voice and following stare hinted at a slight insult, but an understanding smile soon formed. "Yes these enemies... are strong."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue May 27, 2003 9:08 pm

"No no no no, I didn't intend it that way," Damon hastily responded. "It's just that we're going to be in for a rough time up there if we had trouble at this level."

Darrith, however, had put his hand to his head as if in a thinking position. "...you're saying turning back..."

Then suddenly, Darrith snapped his fingers. "What about that fountain?"

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed May 28, 2003 6:36 am

Nodded for a moment. To depend on that to regain their strength was a weakness, a very appearent weakness, Elijah hoped frowned slightly. "Yes we can always return there. Who knows what we'll encounter there, but shall we?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri May 30, 2003 12:02 am

"I think we should keep going," Jeff said, "The more time we give this guy to regroup, the better the odds he'll come up with something nasty."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri May 30, 2003 6:33 am

"But if we don't go back, we'll have less of a chance of being able to overcome "something nasty" as you put it. I am in no need to go back, nor do I care to go forward without you all, so I'll let you decide, a vote perhaps?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri May 30, 2003 12:32 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">Layne groaned.

"Listen. We've come this far. We might as well just get this done instead of running away like cowards..."

He then started walking for the exit, not caring if his comrades followed...</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri May 30, 2003 7:43 pm

Darrith simply commented, "Okay, so we're gonna run all fanatic-like into his lair like we're the toughest people in the world? ....FINE, but at least some healing is in order."

At this, Walter stepped forward, carefully weaving the strands of the astral plane so that they'd heal Layne. At the same time, Damon took a little more of a direct approach, manipulating his dark energies to help Darrith's wounds heal faster.

After the two of them were healed, Damon followed Layne out of the room, with Darrith close behind. Those watching Darrith could have recognized a more feral look in his eyes... Jeff may have directly recognized it as the unfortunate side effect of Damon's healing ability that he had suffered himself.

Meanwhile, another staircase had made itself more apparent just outside the door.

(Layne is healed, bringing him to 62/63 HP. Darrith's healed also, but I'm not detailing anything about that.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri May 30, 2003 9:44 pm

Jeff took in Darrith's altered state at a glance. Although it had escaped him before, the source of his bloodthirsty thoughts was now readily apparent. This brought some worrying thoughts to mind about Damon. In a burst of uncharacteristic seriousness, he wondered exactly who they were working for.

Still pondering, Jeff started up the staircase.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat May 31, 2003 12:52 am

Sighed quietly, almost wishing that the others had goneto heal, he couldn't helpbut feel a bit worried, for them mostly. He himself hadn't recieved much more thab a scratch and some dirty robes. He took a piece of the metal that each serpent was made of with him, stuffed them in a pack and followed Jeff.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:35 am

Damon and Darrith followed up the staircase after Jeff and Elijah, Darrith chuckling to himself evilly. Walter did the same, not wanting to be left behind. As the group went up the stairs, the walls seemed to resemble something a bit more organic... and so did the stairs themselves, thus giving the impression that the building itself was alive at this height.

When the group finally got to the top, there was yet another door - a well-made iron door, even though its hinges looked a bit rusted. Damon motioned for silence as he went up to the door and leaned his ear against it.

After several moments, Damon turned to the group and said, "I think our quarry is in here."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:59 am

"Well how do you suppose we get in.... we'll probably alert him if we use this door..." Elijah frowned slightly, looking at the walls, he touched the wall to the right side of the door, wishing, hoping, and knowing that there wasn't going to be another route.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:17 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">"He's probably already alerted to us... ah, what's the heck... Let's go..." With that, Layne opened the door and walked in...</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:21 pm

Elijah knew it - there wasn't another route into the room or anywhere nearby.

Meanwhile, Layne entered a very messy room. Piles of scrap metal were scattered around the floor, as were dead bodies. A large table was across the room, with a jewel suspended slightly above a golden chalice on it and three beings behind it. One looked similar to the guards that the group had encountered at the front gate of the tower, but he wore a pair of silver wristguards, and his bow seemed to be of a lot higher quality.

Another of the beings looked like a gray human with very tightly stretched skin. Skin stretched so tightly, in fact, that he almost looked like a walking skeleton. A nasty-looking stinger protruded from a tail that was attached in the normal location.

The third being, who was the only one sitting down, looked similar to Darrith, except that his skin was white, and it stretched very tightly around his body. His eyes looked like hollow red pinpoints.

On the wall behind the table, the group noticed a faint green pentagram.

As soon as Layne entered, with Damon and Darrith following close behind, the draconic being sitting at the table reached up to the jewel and chalice and put them beneath the table. Then he glared at the group and said, "So our guests have finally arrived."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:43 pm

"And I doubt there is anyway our two groups can discover a path of satisfactory compromise, so may I ask you a question, being with a voice? Or perhaps two?" Elijah's eyes were filled with sadness, though that didn't stop him for scanning the room paranoidly for traps as usual.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:37 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">Layne's hand went fast to his nose.

"Man, it smells AWFUL in he... he... O.O'''"

That's when he saw the three "gentlemen" in the room.

"L... l-l-l-liches!" His back went to the wall, and his staff pointed at the trio.

"Nobody told me it would be liches..."</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:49 pm

The dracolich sitting down responded almost immediately to Layne's panicking.

"Correction. Lich, not lichES."

The person that looked similar to the guards followed with, "Seems like EVERYone makes that mistake."

"No they don't, Agolas," the dracolich continued. "Just the naive. Now anyway..."

At this, the dracolich turned his attention to Elijah. "Just what is it you're trying to reach a compromise on?"

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:09 pm

"I never said I was, but I guess I would like to say I tried, you are torturing innocent beings here, raising, or summoning, whatever term is fitting, an army of demons, or perhaps just enough to cause trouble to others that in the oppinion of some would not deserve it? People are usually set in their ways, so I apologize if my words are simply prolonging the time before our seemingly inevitable battle..."

Elijah took a small breath. "And if I may also ask, why do the creatures here follow you blindly? Or at least the two at the gate? Some sort of spell?"

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 6/4/03 9:11 pm

Divinegon2130

Conversation with a dracolich.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:10 pm

The gray humanoid stepped forward a bit. "Storm Eye, sir, can I explain the deal at the gate first?"

At this, the dracolich glanced over. "Uh-uh, Zotacthant, that's my job."

While Zotacthant grumbled, Storm Eye continued, "Those guys at the gate were summoned here as guards. They're called marrashi, and they're dangerous to deal with. Heck, Agolas here is one of them." He motioned to 'Agolas', the person that looked most similar to those guards.

Storm Eye continued, "As for the other stuff, what do you expect us liches to do, be nice?"

Then he suddenly stopped, looked over the group, and added, "Well, if it isn't Damon and- hey! Which one of you set Darrith loose?"

Darrith interrupted here, a sort of anger in his voice. "These guys of course. I do not know which one set me free, but I do not care which one anymore. Revenge is at hand."

Damon then added, "And especially for you, Agolas. Your madness and torturing ends here!"

(Since I cannot determine initiative on this computer due to lacking the stats, that will have to wait for another post. Just go ahead and get yourselves ready for battle here.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Conversation with a dracolich.

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:33 pm

Jeff waved cheerfully from the back, casing the room for any features which might come in handy during the impending fight. It was inevitable at this point, which meant he might as well enjoy it.

But his lessons were coming back as well. From what he remembered, liches were practically impossible to kill. To even get a shot at it, you had to find a soul gem of some sort and destroy it. And who knew where it might have been hidden?

Dark Xia

Re: Conversation with a dracolich.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:50 am

To go after the lich, or his body guards, the lich would pose more of a threat possibly, but the nodyguards would be taken care of more easily... more easily? Those Marrashi were definitely not easy to destroy, hmm perhaps it would be better going after the lich...

And I doubt I can depend on a large chunk of the ceiling falling down on my enemies again, he thought to himself.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 6/6/03 11:25 pm

Divinegon2130

And here goes the final battle!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:04 pm

Zotacthant began to crack his knuckles now, as if he were waiting for a chance to fight for a long time.

Jeff didn't find anything that would be useful for the impending fight laying around the room. Meanwhile, Damon hesitated, looking around as if trying to think of a plan.

(Damon delays his turn. Order of initiative is Damon, Jeff, Agolas, Walter, Darrith, Storm Eye, Layne, Zotacthant, Elijah.

Jeff's turn.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: And here goes the final battle!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:15 am

Well, if there weren't any helpful features, he'd make his own. The three were probably resistant to magic, but the floor... The floor was another matter.

Focusing, Jeff set about coating the floor around the lich in ice. With luck, it would extend far enough out to ensnare the others as well.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:29 am

It took a few moments for Storm Eye to realize the ice under his feet, which didn't quite extend to his minions.

"Dammit, I HATE tricksters!" Storm Eye almost immediately yelled out. "GET HIM!!"

Agolas, obliging, raised his bow, arrow already nocked, as if ready to fire. Setting his feet carefully, he pulled back the bow and fired it at Jeff, and the arrow went into his stomach, causing fresh blood to pour out of it.

Walter considered his options. He could try to heal his ally or go directly after the lich... Walter chose the latter, letting his senses enter the astral plane... but he couldn't get a hold of Storm Eye's astral threads.

At this point, Darrith's feral nature took over. From within his wings he procured a small, rolled-up piece of parchment, and started reading the words on it. Storm Eye, Agolas, AND Zotacthant all tried to cover themselves, but to no avail: a blinding flash of light enveloped the room, somehow leaving his group unhurt. But when it cleared, Storm Eye, Agolas, and Zotacthant were all horribly burned. And the scroll was gone from Darrith's hands.

This in turn caused Storm Eye to go over the edge. He carefully got to his knees - being extra careful due to the ice - and directed his arms at the draconian who had moments earlier caused him intense pain.

"I HATE ALL OF YOU!" Storm Eye yelled. "Especially YOU, Darrith, for what you're doing! Now DIE!!!"

As he said this, a glowing green orb formed between his hands, growing larger and larger... then the dracolich hoisted it over his head. "DARK DYNAMITE!" the dracolich yelled, as he threw the orb at the draconian.

Almost immediately, it exploded, sending dark energy and rock fragments everywhere. Jeff, Damon, and Walter were able to quickly evade all this backblast, but Layne and Elijah got smacked heavily by the sheer force of darkness and the rock shards. As for Darrith, when the explosion cleared, he was laying face-up on the ground, his chest and abdomen covered in blood and burnt.

When Damon saw this, he started seething. "All right, now you've made ME ANGRY!!" he yelled as he leaped at the dracolich... catching him off guard and sinking the shikomi-zue into his face.

(Jeff's Icy Sheen only envelops Storm Eye. Jeff takes 31 damage, putting him at 27/58 HP. Walter casts Slice and Agolas resists. Darrith uses a scroll and inflicts massive damage (how much is a secret) on the trio. Elijah, Layne, and Darrith take 60 damage from Storm Eye's spell, putting Layne at 2/62 HP, Elijah at 10/70 HP, and marking Darrith as unconscious. Damon ends his delay, and impales Storm Eye (damage is again a secret).

Layne's turn.)

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:05 pm

That hurt...

Was the first thought that went through Elijah's head as he lay, his back on the ground, his tail not in a very comfortable postion, not to mention the burning he still felt. It had been a while sense he had really felt pain...

That other person is hurt... did I use all the water? Should of checked... fool.

That was the second thought. And the third he obtained when finally recovering from the pain...

Die, die, die, die, die, die, diiie..........

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 6/8/03 12:05 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs