Kirby Academy for the Gifted

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
NebulaQueen

Re: Kirby Academy for the Gifted

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:24 pm

"Technically," she said. "Oh, and just one more thing, before you go - make sure you don't forget your jacket back there."

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:49 pm

Students: Brigands ear twitches annoyedly as she formulates a response. "I'm from, like, the capital of the world where I'm from." She says. "Then I left because there was nobody else like me. Then they made me come here to see how I'd do around other people like me. And I hate it."

Abrams: The girl stops for a moment, before quickly hobbling back into the bathroom. There's a moment, and then an odd electrical crackling noise, before...Charcoal bursts out, running full tilt.

"Y'hear th' bell gotta go or I'll be late fer science bye!"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:44 am

Lucja grins back to Bluebird, nodding to her as Brigand tells the snippet of her own background. Looking back, she can't help but laugh a bit, still grinning. "Aw, it hasn't even been a day yet. I'm sure that'll turn around! I mean, this place is awesome! But wow, your hometown sounds awesome too; capital of the whole world? Really? How big was it? Was it one of those mega-cities that're like the size of a whole country or planet or something? What's it called?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri May 17, 2013 3:25 am

Students: "DC." Brigand says flatly.

As she does, the speakers crackle on, with Live Transmission's voice once again blaring through, though this time she sounds quite a bit more serious and less...Sunny.

"Goooood morning, students." She says, almost flatly compared to how she was earlier. "We hope you've enjoyed your breakfast. Room assignment messages are going out currently, so please be just a little patient with us! At this time, we need everyone to pile into the cafeteria or gym or whatever's closest and hang out for a few minutes, and we'll be right back with you!"

As the overhead goes silent again, those with good ears- Including Brigand, judging from the twitch of those Elven monsters, can pick up radio crackle on a nearby staffer's radio.

Good Ears:
Spoiler:
It's Live Transmission's voice nearly whispers over the radio: "Begin hallway lockdown for sectors 2-4."

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Fri May 17, 2013 4:06 am

"Wait.. what? We're already in the cafeteria, right? So.. like, are we supposed to move or not?"

Panoram looked to his plate, which remained largely untouched.

"Aww crap."

He began hurriedly cutting up the waffles in front of him and trying to eat them quickly without choking.

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Sat May 18, 2013 7:13 pm

> GUI on

Bluebird glanced up from her position, head still resting in her palm. As Live Transmission began to speak, she sat up properly, the emotion on her face (Which is emulated anyway) shifts to a completely neutral one.

"Something is off." She states flatly.

> Comparing voice sample against memory..
> Differences in pitch, modulation, tone.
> Distress

The radio crackles, and Bluebird's eyes turn straight to it. The only indication she was doing anything from the outside, as all the usual life-emulation processes take a back seat.

> Directional Microphone on.
> Sensitivity - 500%
> Begin hallway lockdown for sectors 2-4.

Astella opens her mouth, leaning in toward her table. From it came Live Transmission's voice, a parrot of the radio crackle at a volume audible to the table - and ideally nobody past it. "Begin hallway lockdown for sectors 2-4"

> Direction Microphone off.
> Begin area scan.
> Remote Signal: Transmitting
> Begin Boot Sequence
> Chasis Model C - All parts
> ....... OK
> ERROR: Missing component - Head Model "A"
> Awaiting Operator

Her eyes and face seemed to flicker to life again, losing the artificial and doll-like neutrality it displayed during this whole little demonstration, she seemed almost human again. When she spoke it was the voice they had all come to know once more, "Something is going on. What do you all think? Should we check it out?" She made herself smile.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat May 18, 2013 7:21 pm

The announcement pulls Lucja's attention from Brigand, and the odd tone to her voice brings her to frown nervously. She looks to Bluebird as she relays what she's heard, and her brow furrows. "Well yeah, definitely! But where is that? What sector are we in? And where'd you hear that from?" She glances around, torn between worry about what might've caused the school to do any sort of lockdown, and excitement over what sounds like it could be her first real superhero mission...sort of.

Looking around the cafeteria, she tries to tell what the other students are doing in response to this: who's settling in, who's bored, who's excited, etc. And maybe tell if there's any faculty starting to move through, any sign at all about what might be going on here now.

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Sat May 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Astella nodded to Lucja, "One moment.."

> Playback visual record
> Time: 10:32A.M. Local Time
>Scanning..

Bluebird's vision was suddenly overtaken with a playback of her earlier trip to the cafeteria, through the hallways. This time, she knew what to be taking specific note of. Ignoring the crowds of students and faculty members, she scanned the walls for labeling... And found exactly what she wanted. 3-4

"We're in Section 3. My temporary quarters is back down Hallway 3-4" She pointed, a smooth and deliberate motion, towards a wall which presumably was the direction she'd come. "If you're planning to leave the cafeteria, I'd say we have only a little time before they lockdown these halls. Whatever it is they're trying to contain, they expect it to come by here." She brought her hands up, lacing her fingers together, elbows on the table. "What do you think we should do?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:50 pm

"I wanna know what they're trying to hide from us." Brigand says. "But, y'know, I can do that without you."

"Er...They'd 'ave a 'ard toyme lockin' me down in 'ere." Longshot says, grabbing her fingers and stretching them, before letting them snap back to normal. "I can trey ta run intarferance, if ye'd want ta try an' sneak owt."

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Tue May 21, 2013 1:34 am

Panoram looked at Bluebird with a wide-eyed gaze. His mouth was stuffed with waffles, to the extent that he couldn't really speak. He took a moment to gulp some down before talking through a still partially-full mouth.

"I juth wan' 'oo finish my waffleth.."

Another quick glance around the table, and another gulp of his food.

"But, like, if you're all going.."

He cleared his throat.

Talen Lee
Some Fuck

Unread postby Talen Lee » Tue May 21, 2013 2:00 am

Karif watched the whole exchange with simple, quiet passivity. The bowl of bran emptied, he'd turned to his book, writing some things down, taking some notes. In the center of his mind, he thought back and forth on his surroundings. Teenagers. They all were, but it was relatively obvious. Jeremy in particular had a chip on his shoulder about something, and Bluebird's desire to help and fix things was enough to wash over her feelings of awkwardness about her not-entirely-normal state. Brigand, he reasoned, had to be too used to being defensive - it was automatic. And once more, he sighed to himself, turning the page and tried writing something down that didn't sound like anthropological field notes. A sigh so soft it passed the notice easily, he closed the book anew, pushing himself up to standing, looking around for a stand or place to deposit his bowl - and seeing no such thing, he instead sorted the plates and bowls together, making it easier to clean the table.

Until he reached Jeremy's plate of not-yet-finished waffles. Then he looked at the others, standing up, and shrugged, sitting back down again, and folding his arms, waiting for Jeremy to be done.

AlwaysAPrice

Unread postby AlwaysAPrice » Wed May 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Meanwhile, that jerk Alan had finished his breakfast quickly, eating his food in indiscriminately layered forkfuls, stabbing up bites of whatever would fit into mini breakfast kabobs dripping with syrup and butter. As soon as his plate was clear, he'd distracted the nervous but excitable bespectacled kid at his table, who'd been bravely attempting to make a new friend of him by yammering on about her inventions, and made his escape from the cafeteria.

He'd made it back to his temporary room with only a few wrong turns, pleased to find the halls deserted with so much of the faculty and staff as well as the students still at breakfast. Once there he heaved a sigh of relief at getting through the whole obnoxious affair, then made a beeline for his suitcase and dug his cigarettes out from under his underwear.

He'd just put one in his mouth and flicked his lighter lit, ready to indulge in a smoke right in the room while he was alone in a private flip-off to the school, when Live Transmission's voice crackled over the PA again. "Oh, come on!" he blurted, spitting the cigarette out of his mouth and onto the bed in the process. The last thing he wanted was to go back to that cafeteria, not after that bizarre hate he'd felt seething out of his other, apparently totally at random.

He snatched the unlit cigarette back up and glowered at the speaker. On the bright side, the gym was an option. On the less bright, he had even less idea how to get there than he'd had to get to the cafeteria the first time. He could at least retrace his route at this point, so he left the room to do so at a most leisurely pace. Having not run into anyone on the way here, he figured he wouldn't on the way back, and decided he'd still be enjoying that smoke.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:33 am

As Lucja's excitement builds, she finds herself more and more unable to stop grinning, but Panoram's eating threatens to kill her mood. "We'd better go quick! They'll be shutting things down any second! C'mon, Panoram, hurry up, or...or bring them with you or something! There'll probably be more waffles tomorrow!" She starts to bounce lightly in her seat, looking back and forth between him and the nearest door, hoping they make it before any of the faculty come in to close things down. Every second that ticks by is another second where she's sure some teacher's going to come through and lock the doors or...whatever it is they're going to do. It surprises her a little that she doesn't see any other students making a break for it yet - it is a school for future superheroes, after all - but maybe they're just playing things quiet too? Still, now that the thought's come to her, she keeps watching for that too; one way or another, they'll help distract things from their group, after all!

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Thu May 23, 2013 3:27 am

A defensive look at Karif is followed by a rather petulant response to Lucja. "Ugh, fine."

Panoram crams the last few bites of waffle into his mouth, then sets down the fork on the plate. Standing up and out of his seat, he turns and looks at the others with an expression that was part sulking, part anticipation.. still with a mouth full of food, which he seemed to be having trouble chewing. He jerks his head toward a doorway; a sign to proceed.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:26 pm

Cafeteria:

The group manages to make it out, along with Longshot and Brigand. Though their efforts are rewarded by a completely deserted hallway, dead silent...Other than the distant tromping of heavy boots. Something's on the way. "We--We should prolly get outta th' way!" Longshot says.

Temp Dorms (Drow):

Alan makes his way through the halls to his chosen destination, and like the others, finds them quiet and deserted- Nobody bothers him while he takes his smoke...walk. However, as he approaches a crossway, he manages to overhear something he probably wasn't meant to:

"Wait, seriously?" One voice asks.
"Yeah, it's bad. It's real bad." Another responds.
"Jesus. I can't blame them for locking the halls down to get that kid to the infirmary; I'd hate to think what seeing that sort of shit'd do to the others." the first continues.
"Yeah. It's the worst case of Riot we've had in years. I just hope he pulls through." the second finishes.

After that, there's that odd awkward silence of two people occupying the same space, yet saying nothing.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:39 am

Lucja nods to Longshot, and quickly starts looking around for the nearest alcove or side room to duck into. She runs for the first one big enough for the lot of them, whatever it happens to be, as quick as she can, and once inside she keeps as quiet as she can, crouching near the entrance and waiting for the approaching footsteps to pass by.

AlwaysAPrice

Unread postby AlwaysAPrice » Thu May 30, 2013 6:48 pm

Alan slowed as he reached an intersection in the halls, voices catching his attention. There weren't accompanying footsteps, so he kept calm and wet his fingertips with a bit of saliva, then pinched the cherry off his cigarette and flicked it to the ground, smushing it underfoot to be sure it was out. He pocketed the remaining half-cigarette and prepared to stroll casually past, figuring he wasn't anywhere he wasn't supposed to be since he was following the earlier directions, but the concerned tones of the voices around the corner gave him pause.

"Wait, seriously?"
"Yeah, it's bad. It's real bad."
"Jesus. I can't blame them for locking the halls down to get that kid to the infirmary; I'd hate to think what seeing that sort of shit'd do to the others."
"Yeah. It's the worst case of Riot we've had in years. I just hope he pulls through."

Alan stood stock still for a long moment after the two likely staff members went quiet, then moved backwards a few steps before spinning around and walking quickly back the way he'd come. I KNEW IT, his mind raced as he looked for one of the map displays he'd been making a point of ignoring since he got here, lest he seem in any way interested in where he was ever supposed to be. I knew something was wrong with this place -- they've even got a name for it. 'Worst case in years?' That means it's happened a lot, happened for a long time, this is just the worst of many many more in a few years.

He stopped in the middle of studying the layout of the poster he'd found, figuring out the quickest route from the smiley-faced You Are Here sticker to the smiley-faced red cross indicating the location marked Infirmary. Wait. 'Pull through?' The potential severity of whatever exactly Riot was sank in as he recalled those two words, and he realized he didn't have a clue what exactly it was or how one caught it.

Nevertheless, whatever it did to someone was something the people in charge of Kirby didn't want him or the other students to see; it wasn't contagion they feared, just knowledge. That cemented it pretty firmly as something he intended to see. He took off towards the infirmary as quickly as he could manage while keeping his steps light and quiet, but did so with the front of his shirt pulled up to wad the fabric over his nose and mouth. Just in case.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Cafeteria:

The students take cover, getting as hidden as possible- Not an issue for Longshot, who literally flattens against a wall, and Brigand who steps into a shadow. The others, with those two not in the way, have plenty of room to work with.

AS they slip into their hiding spots, the tromping of boots gets right on top of them. A small group of students is moving through, all dressed in black supersuits of slightly varying designs. The constant is light armor plating, and a small, stylized R on the chest.

The other thing to note, however, is the number of school guards moving with them...and the fact that one of them is laid out on a stretcher, their face battered and bloodied, and both legs obviously broken. Ouch.

Drow:

It doesn't take horribly long to get from the temporary housing to the infirmary- Centrally located, it's pretty clearly one of the more major structures in this place. Within, one of it's rooms is being prepped, looking more and more like an ER room than something in even the best private school in the country. With the hustle and bustle of preparing the room, nobody seems to notice Alan at all.

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Thu May 30, 2013 9:21 pm

"Well, if you insist we just.. Okay!" Bluebird was hurriedly chasing the other students as they ran out of the cafeteria in the direction she had previously indicated.

"I need to get back to my room before anything happen.." She notes, as they all hear the stomping of boots. At first, Astella doesn't move to conceal herself. Looking around a bit confused as the other students duck away, she scrambles to follow suit. Hiding for her was relatively easy, what with not having to breath. She could just be a lifeless statue whenever she wanted.

As the black-clad supers and the person on the stretcher pass by, she zooms in on them.

> Recording...
> Scanning for possible cause of injury..

Now who could these people be?

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:46 pm

Lucja, while not a robot, still holds her own breath until the others pass by, her attention taken up by the injured student, instant worries of what might have happened hitting her. She lets her breath go finally once they're out of sight, and it takes a moment for her to catch her breath before she speaks up, looking to the other students.

"What...what do you think happened? Do you think we're under attack? Maybe...supervillains or something? And who were those others with them, the ones in the armor? They didn't look like school security..."

AlwaysAPrice

Unread postby AlwaysAPrice » Thu May 30, 2013 9:51 pm

Alan crept slowly into the infirmary, which looked a lot more advanced than the nurse's offices of his previous schools. His heartbeat quickened as he realized all the activity around the room being prepared for the Riot-afflicted student looked an awful lot like what he associated with, thanks to TV, prepping for surgery. Seeing that none of the medical staff were wearing surgical masks, and assuming they at least had some idea what was going on, he stopped holding his shirt up to cover his face.

With airborne contagion ruled out, Alan's mind started to cycle through other improbable theories as to Riot's nature. He was weighing the likelihood of it being some sort of interdimensional parasite they were going to have to surgically remove from the kid's brain stem when one of the school's nurses came around the corner of the row of supply cabinets he was keeping out of sight behind.

Alan stumbled a step back against the wall with a soft curse. The nurse looked up from her clipboard right as he did, but only to check the cabinet labels so she could retrieve what she'd come for from the infirmary's stores. Alan was surprised to find his presence totally ignored until he heard that dark chuckle scratching through the back of his mind again and realized that his other had lunged to the surface in the midst of Alan's excitement. A glance at his hands confirmed it: his skin had gone coal black, and his symbiote's power must have camouflaged him.

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Fri May 31, 2013 1:45 am

"Oh my god, did you see that?" Jeremy asked, as though nobody else were paying attention and Lucja hadn't just remarked on the same scene.

"We should go back. I don't wanna get beat up or whatever. It'd totes suck, right? And I'm way not prepared to fight anyone."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:41 pm

Hallway:

"Really?" Brigand says from Jeremy's shadow. "I figured you'd be used to getting beat up by now."

Bluebird's analysis shows that the overwhemlingly likely cause of injury is repeated blunt force trauma, likely from fists. Someone beat the absolute crap out of this kid, despite his armor.

As the parade passes, Longshot fills back to her normal dimensions, stepping away from the wall. "Whatd'ya think thet wos? Thaey'd tell us if thaer was somethin' danjrous, roight?"

Infirmary:

As Alan makes his discovery, a middle aged man with thin white hair and a doctor's coat bursts in. "Alright, what's the status?" One of the nurses hands him a chart, which he quickly flips through with a whistle. "Ouch. Either they're not training these RIOT Shield kids the way they used to, or the kid they tried to take down went absolutely nuts. Alright, general prep morphine and sanitation, and get some splints for those legs. Might be good to have a blood transfusion ready too."

With that, the business of the clinic increases once again, and the doctor begins to mill around, busying himself with various tools and instruments.

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:03 am

"W-what? No, I don't! Shut up!" Jeremy stammers as he turns to glare at.. the wall. He doesn't really seem to know where Brigand is. This clearly irritates him, if the look on his face is any indication. It's a look that he takes a moment to direct at Karif, his eyes briefly going from head to foot, like he's irritated at him for his height alone. This moment quickly passes.

"C'mon, let's go."
Last edited by Visavis on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:48 pm

"...I dunno." Lucja fidgets as she looks to Longshot. "I mean...maybe they don't want to spook us? We should look more first, I think." When Jeremy speaks up, she nods. "If that's where they came from, that's the way we should go...right? That must be where the stuff's happening, after all..."

Before waiting for any word from the others, she cautiously starts off towards the direction the others just came from, keeping her eyes open for anything or anyone along the way, but careful not to get too ahead of everyone else.

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:36 pm

"Yeah, let's go."

Jeremy shoots one more irritated glance back at where he believes Brigand to be before following Lucja's lead. It seems he has no such qualms about not getting ahead. A person could be forgiven for thinking that he doesn't seem to care about being discreet, but more likely he's just not thinking.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:20 pm

Hallway:

The group heads in the direction that the others just came from. The hall is completely empty, stretching on a bit before going into a T intersection. It's quiet as they move, and it seems the staff locking down the hall have gone back to their work as the cargo passed through.

As they reach the head of the T, they can see someone approaching from the left-- A girl, about their age. She's dressed plainly, a simple green vest, grey shirt, and khaki pants. Oddly, everything about her, from her clothes to her short black hair, seems dulled and slightly muted, as if she was appearing on an old TV. Also notable is the massive dog walking alongside her, pitch black with red eyes, and tall enough to be up to the girl's shoulder.

She seems just as surprised as they do, gasping and suddenly clinging to her companion as they come into view.

----------------

Infirmary:

Alan holds position, as the students in their black armor roll in with the gourney. They're quickly shooed out as the doctor and several nurses lift the injured boy onto a medical table. The doctor begins doing routine tests while the nurses work to unhook and detach his armor. The doctor whistles, shining a flashlight into the boys swollen eye. "They're gonna have to bench this kid, for sure." he mutters, picking up a chart and noting something down. "Get him on some anesthetic, then set and splint those legs. Let Conroy know he's gonna need to look into a new...Whatever this kid was."

The doctor begins out gingerly...Though he stops for a moment, looking almost right at Alan, before shaking his head and continuing out of the room.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:58 am

Lucja stops short as she all but runs into the massive dog in the hall, stumbling back, not even noticing the girl alongside her at first. After a moment, she takes in the pair, and for a good few seconds she's at a total loss for words. When she finally finds her voice again, she still barely has anything to say.

"I...er...hi. Who're...uh...I didn't know dogs were allowed here..."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:17 am

The girl narrows her eyes, clinging to the dog tightly. The dog, for his part, just looks at the group straight on, before almost sighing, unimpressed.

"We are welcome here, and quite free," The girl begins, "Because he is no normal dog, you see. He is in truth the noble Dhoo, now we would inquire: Who are you?"

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:06 am

Following the hall up a bit, Bluebird grows a bit quiet. In truth, she was scanning every nook and cranny for anything of use to their current little 'investigation'.

The moment the odd pair roamed into view, the reticle centered first on the girl.

> Scanning..
> DELETE
> ERROR

"Tch.." Bluebird whispered, though no sign of frustration appeared on her features. That is until the scanner passed over Dhoo.

> Scanning..
> DELETE
> ERROR
> DELETEDELETEDELETEDELETEDELETE

> PRIORITY OVERRIDE
> Scanner Disabled

"Gah!" Bluebird called out, her hands flying upward to clasp over her eyes all of a sudden. "What in the world are you?!" Astella dropped to one knee, keeping her head down and her eyes to the floor as she uncovered them. "There is something very wrong with those two, everyone. Be on your guard." She struggled to stand, still keeping her eyes averted out of some natural instinct despite knowing her scanner was disabled.

She wouldn't risk turning it back on until she had time to run a diagnostic.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:14 am

"Though it may pain you to hear it," the girl says holding up one finger and pulling Dhoo closer with the opposite hand, "We are really just adventurous spirits. Dhoo warns that it's information you try to take, and that's a habit you must work to break. But don't despair and do not mope, because we'd like to be your friends; my name is Hope." She says, cuddling to her REALLY BIG MEAN LOOKING BLACK DOG and looking totally innocent doing it.

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:22 am

Jeremy's gaze went from Dhoo, to Hope, to Bluebird.

"Uh-uhm.. D-did.. what?"

His eyes finally rested on Dhoo.

"Wh--.. A-are you the ones who.. who hurt that guy?" His tone, though not exactly fearful, certainly wasn't brave either.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:29 am

Hope looks aghast at Jeremy's question. "Hurt? Never! Dhoo is quite shy. In fact despite looks, he'd not hurt a fly! To even think it, it's almost slumming!"

Hope suddenly smiles a bit too innocently, snuggling to Dhoo again. "Unless, of course, the fly had it coming."

Talen Lee
Some Fuck

Unread postby Talen Lee » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:11 am

Karif looked up from his book, sighing as he felt the leatherbound slab slide into place inside his gakuken. Adjusting the collar after a moment, one of those little rituals that told the world around him to wait while he got himself good and ready, he tucked the book in place, looked at their new surroundings, drew in one long breath, and let it slowly escape as a low rumble.

The effect of having a boy so large suddenly remind people that he existed often had a crowd-quieting effect, but in Karif's case, all it seemed to do was indicate that he was watching... Watching, and waiting. Perhaps, silently, judging.

AlwaysAPrice

Unread postby AlwaysAPrice » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:59 pm

Drow finally breathed once the doctor moved away, then moved to peer out the way he came. He moved slowly, uncertain of how his other's camouflage held up when he wasn't standing stock still. Everyone seemed to be busy trying to tend to the kid. A part of Alan knew this would be a good time to get back to his room and try to forget what he'd overheard and seen until he could get the hell out of this place.

Unfortunately, a larger part wanted to know what had happened, to see it with his own eyes -- well, not exactly his own at the moment. Worse, his symbiote felt even more curious. Not out of an interest in self-preservation through preparation like Alan, instead the entity's interest felt...prurient. Sadistic. It wanted to see more, to admire whatever had done this. Alan tried to ignore that part of his/its interest, because for whatever reasons they wanted the same thing for once.

Drow ducked back and prowled the outskirts of the infirmary, moving with limber, predatory grace that wasn't Alan's to keep out of sight of the mostly distracted staff. They'd brought the kid in a different way than Alan had arrived - from the hallway that passed the cafeteria, if he remembered the map he'd checked to get here correctly. He wasn't sure he could find cover from the Academy's simulated sunlight all the way to wherever this started, a thought that rankled him more than it usually would, as for once his bond to his symbiote was proving almost reassuring.

Still, when his opportunity to slip out unseen came, he'd try.

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:48 pm

The rumble caused Jeremy to jump in fright. He tried to give Karif an accusatory glance without taking his eyes off Hope and Dhoo. He failed at the latter, but the accusation of.. something was obvious enough. Not that it lasted very long. As startling as Karif was, at least he was on their side. Presumably.

"S-so you did hurt him?" Jeremy squeaked while nervously eyeing Dhoo.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:00 am

Hope glares slightly at Jeremy. "Like I said; it's nothing Dhoo did. I just said that--What are you, stupid?"

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:55 pm

"Y-you said you'd hurt him if he deserved it! I-I don't know what he did. I'm, uh.. you.. might have.." As Jeremy trails off lamely, he takes a few steps back and around.. around Karif, who he now seems to be hiding behind. Of course, while he meekly peeks out from behind the larger boy, his attention remains on Hope and Dhoo. It seemed a better position, having something big and scary between him and the other big and scary thing.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:33 am

Not quite as nervous as Jeremy, Lucja still has a noticeable quiver to her voice, especially after what happened to Bluebird. She tears her eyes from Dhoo, but keeps just about ready to jump at the slightest movement from him.

"...how come the others didn't see you, then? And...and how come you're not in uniform? Are you a student here?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:45 pm

On the far end of Hope, the group suddenly sees a familiar...Set of clothes. Same stuff Alan was wearing earlier, but now worn by a pointy eared, coal black skinned, silver haired boy. Clearly, this young man assaulted poor Alan and stole his wardrobe! Hope doesn't seem to notice much, but Dhoo's ears flick.

"School hasn't started yet; it's not our blunder." Says Hope, before looking down thoughtfully at her companion. "Though how to get a dog into tights, I wonder..." Dhoo looks up, clearly advising her not to think about it with an annoyed growl.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs