Kirby Academy for the Gifted

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Kirby Academy for the Gifted

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:34 pm

"Uh..Oh!" The girl says after realizing what Lucja means. "Ae'm, uh...Langshat."

Chances are she means "Longshot." Hopefully.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:47 am

Lucja nods, glad to see that she's starting to calm down after the scene. After a quick glance just to make sure they're still keeping their distance, ignoring the flowing line for now, she smiles to Longshot. "Bluebird and I were gonna eat together for breakfast, if you want to sit with us too. So...Longshot, huh? Neat! So are you...hmm. Do you have luck powers? Oh, or maybe you're an archer?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:44 pm

"Um..Share." Longshot says, a little surprised. "Thaet'd be nayce. Oh, uh...Aye, luck powah's. ...Kinda."

She scratches the back of her head, looking pointedly away.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:16 am

"Really now?"

While the kids were distracted with each other, Abrams had strode up to where Charcoal and her little gang stood, with a couple other members of the faculty by her side. If only she had gotten there sooner; even with super-powered reflexes, it seemed that she couldn't keep her eyes on everything.

What's done is done, though. Her arms folded behind her back, she gave Charcoal a thin smile as she stared her down. Abram's eyes were narrow, a hint that they were on very thin ice now, and when she spoke her tone was cold as ice.

"Why don't we talk about this in the headmaster's office, then? I'm sure that he'd love to meet the school's latest superstars."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:11 am

Charcoal shifts her weight, grimacing as Abrams shows up to spoil the party. "I'd love to, Provost." She says after a moment. She takes a step forward...Then recoils backwards in shock! "But there ain't no time! Look behind ya! It's th' Spectacular Sultan of Suplexes, the Sublime Symphony of Strength, th' Czarring of Tarring, his royal Strongness, Imperious Flex!"

Charcoal points directly behind Abrams for a moment, before turning and bolting out the door, followed quickly by her cronies. It didn't even matter if anyone fell for her rouse. She did it anyway.

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:47 am

Bluebird quieted once Abrams and the rest of the faculty approached. If she had lungs, there would be a relieved sigh. She offered the professor a smile and a wave from outside Charcoal's view.

A quick jog to catch up with Lucja, placing a hand on the other girl's shoulder as she came up behind, "Hey, how is our new friend doing? I'm .. Bluebird."

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:47 am

Panoram looked back to Brigand and gave her a squinty-eyed look of suspicion, then shrugged. "I bet they'll be okay. The teachers are prob'ly on their side, too."

A quick look back at the scene confirmed the teacher's presence, if not their tacit support for Bluebird's actions. "See?"

Then the Charcoal gang fled, and he was left to stare in disbelief.

Talen Lee
Some Fuck

Unread postby Talen Lee » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:24 am

The whole exchange took, maybe, twenty seconds. Three of those were Charcoal's undue ruse, the extensive weave and waft of nonsense that probably did work, to some extent. In a place this weird, you paid attention to your surroundings. First day. People are on edge. Uncomfortable. Uncertain. The thought slid through Kharif's mind. Easy to dupe like that.

The disruption had a similar effect on the line as a shotgun blast did. Disarray led to murmurs, confusion running through the other students. Shaking his head, long black locks brushing the top of his collar, Kharif stepped forwards, into the line - gesturing to someone who had been, generally, in front of him, to take their place, and someone behind him. A simple little gesture, but it brought order - wordlessly, without confrontation. People settled back into the queue, and, a few padding people between him and the people of interest, Kharif let the silent noise lap around him.

Always a moment late, aren't you.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Smiling as Bluebird comes over, she nods. "I think she's doing better. Bluebird, this is Longshot.

"...We probably ought to get back in line, huh? I said Longshot could sit with us; you don't mind, do you, Bluebird?" There's a light snicker as she watches off in the direction Charcoal ran, shaking her head. "So she's kinda dumb, isn't she?"

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:15 am

> Uploading..

Bluebird shook her head, "Not in the least. I insist you sit with us, Longshot. Love the name, by the way. I'm Bluebird, as she said and.. Yes, Pryzmat - She was very dumb. Sadly, I get the feeling she's learning. Next time that one decides to cause trouble, it won't be so public. We all may want to stick close. Lets talk more after we get waffles." With a sagely nod, Bluebird heads back toward the line and Panoram.

She smiled, kindly, "Did you save our spots?" As she stepped right back into the line awaiting her new friends. Hopefully, the heroics bought her new organic friends some waffles.

Waffles Waffles Waffles.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:22 am

Lucja follows behind Bluebird, tugging Longshot along and glaring down anyone that objects to her coming along for their spot. She settles in before Bluebird even gets an answer; surely no one would be so much of a jerk as to deny them their spots after their first superheroing, after all!

Talen Lee
Some Fuck

Unread postby Talen Lee » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:45 am

She's not talking to you. Kharif's lips parted just a moment, acting before thinking. It was easy to think of him as a silent, brooding danger. The line filtered back into its place, and, ahead of him in the now-reordering queue, Bluebird slid into her own place. Next to Kharif, two students started to argue about what order they were in - before the tower of a boy leant forwards, quirking an eyebrow. Momentarily, his lips parted, and the words Are you serious? drifted up to the back of his throat.

Except that's not what they saw. They saw the frankenteen with the strange foreign uniform, his fists opening and closing by his sides, leaning forwards, his expression fit to quiet a storm. It was like a bullying moment waiting to happen - and the argument stilled. The students slid into place and tried to divert their attention, away from him.

Well, it's something. Kharif mused, standing back up and resting his hands by his pockets.

... What's so good about waffles, anyway?

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:25 pm

Oh for the love of... did she really try to pull that gag on them? Really? Rebekah sighed before she ran after Charcoal and her gang. Someone was going to have to give that girl a talking to.

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:27 pm

"Uhm.."

From Panoram's spot in line after moving up, there wasn't really space for those returning. Nonetheless, he scooted over to try and make some space for them, even if it would simply make an awkward lump there in the line. He gave the others a little grin, and tried not to make his somewhat obvious failure at saving a spot less awkward.

"Sure, come on. Who's she?" he asked, motioning to Longshot.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:50 pm

"Aey'm, uh...Langshat." Longshot says, shyly. "Uh...These gaey's jest sayve'd me fram th', uh....Chaercole."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 pm

"Thanks, Panoram! Yeah, this is Longshot. She's gonna eat with us too today." Smiling, she glances around, checking the speed of the line, when another student not far behind them and glancing in their direction catches her eye. She's surprised she didn't spot him earlier, a big fellow with a neat outfit like that. With a short wave, she grins before turning back to the others.

"So anyway, where are you all from before?"

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:24 am

Bluebird rose a finger to the bridge of her nose again - silently cursing the action but calling no attention to it.

> Recording..

"Ahem. If I were to assume, considering the rule against interacting with potential other selves which may be wondering these halls; discussing this in too much detail could be problematic.. But, I could be wrong. Suffice it to say, I'm from a .." She takes a quick glance around at her peers, "Perhaps slightly more advanced version of a similar Earth. Hm.. I wonder. Pryzmat, what year is it where you come from?"

> Access WWW, search theories on alternate dimensions with divergent timelines.

"I have a hunch." She states lastly, pivoting her upper body towards Longshot and inclining her head just so, offering a wordless but more formal greeting to their apparent new friend.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:39 pm

"Well...I mean, so long as we don't talk about anything specific it should be okay, right?" She didn't think about those troubles, wondering again now if there's another of her around school somewhere, not sure if she's interested or worried of the idea. "But yeah, I guess you'd have to be unless there's a bunch of...secret robots or something around back home." Snickering, she's confused for a bit by Bluebird's question; it seems like kind of a silly one to her. "What year? Uh...2013. How come?"

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:59 pm

Bluebird grins, her little hypothesis confirmed.

"This school really is amazing. All dimensions, all times. It's .. almost hard to believe. I wonder if there are any medieval knights?" A quick and excited look around the cafeteria before turning back to Lucja, "I'm from 2032. Not that in 19 years your world will have cybernetics to this caliber - we have no idea what the extent of the differences are between our two dimensions. Still, that is a fun little thought."

A turn toward the front, "Oh, we're nearly to breakfast."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:36 pm

"Aey'm fram, uh...2013, tae." Longshot says, awkwardly. "Pr...Prolly naet th' sayme won."

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:01 am

A very slight crease formed on Panoram's brow as they spoke about time and places.

"So.. some of us aren't from the same time or place? That's totally weird. I mean, like, I'm from 2013 too, but what if there are people here who know stuff that's going to happen for a bunch of other people that haven't seen it yet, and then they, like, mess it up or something?"

As the line shuffled along, he found himself once again edging away from their little group. Suddenly aware of this, he took a step forward, a bit too close to Longshot, shuffled back to not be so awkwardly close, stumbled slightly, dipped his head in embarrassment, and stammered something unintelligible that sounded vaguely like an apology. He was certainly making a poor impression on the girls, he felt sure. The girls his father had urged him to speak to more, with the hint that doing so would likely get him a nice girlfriend. Nevermind that he didn't even think he wanted a girlfriend. Surely that would change, in time, and he doubted having one before then would hurt.

"I, uh.. ..we're getting close to the waffles."

Talen Lee
Some Fuck

Unread postby Talen Lee » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:04 am

It's not like threads in a sweater, it's like a laser pointer in soup. Kharif thought, casting his mind back to a ... rather mediocre book he'd read, by an otherwise fantastic author. Now, he was close enough, behind the others, that he could listen in, not that he was doing any such thing as a matter of intention. It was just a slew of noise around him. Behind him, two boys were discussing just how many girls they'd had sex with (dozens) while quietly giving away how many they'd actually had sex with (none), and nobody was bothering the silent titan. Head to the side, his ear caught the conversation... and he shrugged.

Probably not worth it to explain. He might be wrong, after all, or someone else might explain it better.

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:42 am

Bluebird shook her head slightly, "I'm not so sure that could happen. If I were to guess, this school connects only to different dimensions. Those dimensions may be anywhere along their particular timeline; certainly. Hence my 2032 versus your 2013. But it is a fixed point in time."

Astella spoke, one sentence into the next without a single pause for breath she didn't need. As she became comfortable, all the little human ticks and blending techniques began to fade, "The door moves forward in time, so to speak, relative to the dimension and all others. My world is connected at 2032, and yours at 2013. Even if our individual Earths are parallel to one another, it isn't like I could accurately predict things what will occur in your dimension. There is no telling what other factors are involved."

A small moment of silence, before raising her head to the rest of her new friends. "That is the theory, anyway."

> User Note: Make record of the last few statements I made. I rather liked how that turned out - if a bit long-winded.
> Scanning...

Bluebird turns her eye to Kharif, for a moment. Making a small mental note of the large boy, while her scanner attempted something a bit more scientific.

Talen Lee
Some Fuck

Unread postby Talen Lee » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:48 am

His expression shifted just a tiny bit. Seems a way to think of it. he considered, head tilting to the other side. Drow may have been a genuine bad boy, or at least a troubled child, but Kharif looked like the sort of thing that made adults lock their cars while he walked past. Still, while Charcoal had had her heavy, Kharif moved in the line with a sort of tidal lock - like he expected stepping forwards would drag the whole line behind him.

Then Bluebird fixed her gaze on him... and he turned to look back. It was like looking at a rock - and not for Kharif. He had a remarkably impassive face, an expression of polite patience, as he waited for attention to slide off his broad shoulders. In a room full of outlandishly dressed people, he was wearing an actual school uniform, after all.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Abrams:

As Abrams walks out into the hall, she sees something she probably should've expected: A rather large crowd of the Duplicator twins running in three completely different directions. But! Despite their numbers, they can't hide Milton's size, and it's easy enough to tell which way he's going.

Dr. Saddler appears next to her after a moment, frowning. "Well...I suppose we should've seen that coming."

Students:

Longshot doesn't really seem to have much to add- It seems she's getting more shy around the additional people. She does, however, smile shyly at Jeremy, before scooting ahead and grabbing her trey. The keen observers notice her arms stretching beyond what they should be able to, for just a moment- Before she jerks, and her arms return to normal. And she just goes on, acting like nothing happened.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:24 pm

Abrams sighed, and said, "Let's split up. And don't bother with Milton - ten bucks says he's just a distraction. You get one set of twins, and I nab the other?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Abrams:

Shrink nods, and hurriedly begins off one way- To the left. With Milton having gone right, that leaves the center clear for Abrams!

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:27 pm

And to the right, Abrams goes! She's no speedster, but she's no slouch, either, and it shouldn't be too long til she catches up with the twins. Hopefully.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Abrams catches up to the surge of duplicated teenagers, just in time to see them shove over and nearly trample a girl coming out of the restroom. The girl's in civvies, and has a robotic brace going from her knee to the foot of her left leg, and the cane she seems to have been using has been kicked away in the commotion. Abrams can either stop and helped the down student, or keep trying to catch up to the Dupes.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:09 am

Lucja nodded along at Bluebird's explanation, trying to work it through in her head, but she still can't quite wrap her mind around the concepts she's talking about here. About to open her mouth for another question, she noticed just how close they are to the breakfast arrangements, and for now all thoughts of time travel and parallel worlds fall out of her head. She doesn't stop grinning as she grabs her tray just behind Longshot, too focused on the approaching waffles to pay any attention to Longshot's arms stretching or not, instead just sliding up behind her and getting two full waffles utterly covered in strawberries and whipped cream. She slides along towards the sausage station as she looks back to Bluebird, still grinning at first.

"Isn't this all- oh. Um...right, you said you can't eat any more, didn't you? So...not at all?" Her mood seems at first to sink a bit, though it soon seems that she's lost more in thought than in guilt. "...can you taste things still, or smell things at least?"

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:29 am

Panoram reached around Bluebird, a little rudely, to grab his tray, which he then held closely to his chest while he peered around Bluebird to watch Lucja prepare her waffles. As his opportunity came, he found himself preparing the first waffle similarly. A very generous application of strawberries and whipped cream to the first one could have left a person to wonder if there was even a waffle underneath it all. The second he slathered in maple syrup, then added a butter patty to the center of. The increased potential for diabetes later in life was well worth it.

As Jeremy was doing all that, he asked Bluebird as a follow up to Lucja's questions, "How come you can't eat again?"

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:39 pm

Astella politely folded her hands behind her back, stepping just a foot or two out of line so Panoram might take up her position now that it was time to actually dish up breakfast.

> Access - Cyborg Food Experiment

One of the first programs Bluebird had authored for her own systems, and one she hadn't touched in a long time. An attempt to recreate, through programming, the sensation of eating and being full. Taste. That excitement before a great meal. One of the first and foremost things she'd missed about her human body.

> Manual Perception override: Sense, taste, sweet, limbic, amygdala.
> Reference File Not Found
> DELETE
> ERROR
> DELETE
> ERROR
> End Process

Another failure in the span of a second; something Bluebird expected and yet - tried anyway. At least in that way, she knew she was still human. To the outside, nothing occurred. The same contented smile, the same calm posture. Head looking between Jeremy and Lucja as she spoke, "I'm afraid not. I do have a sense of smell, because so many things that threaten your safety can oft be detected first by smell. It's almost a little cruel, I can smell the food - and feel the desire for it. But I lack the physical want, and ability, to ingest."

Bluebird reached up with her right arm, and carefully rolled up her already fairly-short left sleeve.

> Disengage L. Arm

Astella turned her glance toward Panoram again, and as before let her left arm just disconnect from the socket - pulling over with the right to hold outward. She smirked, this time skipping all pretense or room for ambiguity:

"I'm a cyborg. Over Ninety-Five percent of my body is prosthetic. I am fueled the same way you might fuel, or charge, your cellphone. I have no need to eat, and thus I cannot eat."

> Re-engage L. Arm

She held the arm to socket, and once again small cables can be seen moving into position and pulling the arm into place. Before reaching up and adjusting her sleeve again.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:17 pm

...great. It wasn't enough that they had to act up in the cafeteria. No, they had to terrorize everyone who crossed their paths, too. As much as she wanted to discipline them, though, that would have to wait. As soon as she saw the girl's trouble, Abrams stopped in her tracks, and grabbed the poor kid's cane.

"Here," she said. "Do you need a hand?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 pm

Students: Longshot grabs more traditional waffles, along with some bacon and apple slices, as they proceed through the line. "Whot if y'd putta small combustion reactor in yer chest an' programmed yer tongue ta replicate th' chemical sensors o' taste, so ye'd taste th' food, an' then ye'd be able t' burn it up for powah?"

Abrams: The student takes her cane, getting to her feet unsteadily. "Thanks." She says simply, frowning at her gimp foot. "Don't, uh...Don't be too hard on them guys, they're just don' what they think's right, even if it's kinda dumb. They didn't even mean t' shove me, so."

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Bluebird tilted her head slightly to one side, as she followed along down the line - her friends dishing up their meals one by one.

"An interesting idea, Longshot. If I heard you correctly, that is. Switching from a powercell to a combustion engine would not only be a drop in efficiency - I assume battery technology in your time hasn't quite reached the capacity it has in mine - it would also mean walking around with a potential explosion in my chest. Something I'd like to avoid. Also, there would need to be some way for.. exhaust.. to escape." Again, as Bluebird spoke there weren't many signs she was doing so. No idle movement, no twitching or looking around - unless she did so intentionally. Still, she inclined her head and smiled at Longshot - It was an impressive suggestion.

"Furthermore, it isn't a question of how to get around ingestion of the food - that would simply mean having the food pass through my system after being ingested. Honestly, it would come out just as edible as it went in." She smiled, and stuck her tongue out at the 'gross' concept. "Moreso, .. How do you -replicate- the sensation of taste? Accurately? Cyberization on this scale is new even in my time - I don't suppose replication of taste has been high on priorities. Not to mention, that doesn't even bring in the idea of my own pre-cyberization qualia. I would hate to have a taste-replicating sensor, and yet chicken no longer tastes like chicken. Perhaps it tasted like.. Tofu. Or lint. Who knows."

With an intentionally exaggerated motion, Astella inhales through her nose, to take a whiff of the breakfast. "This is the best for now."

Seeming to come out of her speech, Bluebird had been left behind a few feet! A few awkward sidesteps and she was back in position.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:39 am

Half of Bluebird's comments just now flew right over Lucja's head, but she got enough of the gist to get her meaning, at least, and ponders over what she's said as she gets some orange juice to cap off her meal.

"But you're sort of from our future, right? So maybe there's someone else here sort of from your future that would know how to fix all that stuff for you?"

Taking her now-full tray, she starts peering around the cafeteria, picking out a table with enough space for all of them.

"How do you know so much about so many different things like all this anyway? Are schools really advanced where you come from, or do you read a lot?"

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Bluebird followed her friends to their new table, sliding into a seat across from Lucja.

"That is a possibility, for certain. In all honesty, that may be one of the major reasons I was sent to this school." She'd left the fact Cyborgs weren't common in her universe out for now - Astella wouldn't want to be thought some kind of coward in a school for supers.

"I'm hoping some of the professors here will be able to help. I'm already planning to look into Ms. Abrams' class."

Lucja's followup question took a moment to respond to, she didn't want to seem.. indelicate. "... Yes." She could stand to be a little sarcastic, though. A cheery smile to show she was only kidding around.

> GUI - Minimize

No music playing for a while now, it is handy to have people around to down out the noise she thought.

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:27 am

Jeremy's mind drifted off again. He hadn't seemed all that surprised or even impressed by being in the presence of a cyborg. Perhaps due to the weirdness he had already come to expect from the school. Also, science talk was not his strongpoint. Still, he had his waffles, and it seemed they were finally going to sit down and enjoy breakfast. He cast one last glance back down the line, his eyes falling again on Kharif. Suddenly, he felt very self-conscious in his school uniform. The tights only served to make him feel even smaller.

Slinking over to the table with the others, he plopped his tray down and took his seat. With another glance cast back toward the line, he looked to the others and stated in a low voice, "I think that big, scary guy behind us was watching us."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Abrams frowned, and said, "Just because they didn't mean to, that doesn't make it right. Though..."

Her expression fades as she tilts her head at the girl, and says, "Do you know these kids? Just curious if you've met them before."

After all, she did sound pretty familiar with them. If she didn't know them, maybe she knew of them.

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:16 am

Bluebird craned her head slightly to the left, in the direction Panoram had indicated, "Hm? Well, he was behind us in line. Chances are he was listening in on the whole thing. I would be. I wonder why he didn't jump in to help? That is something you might expect in a school for Heroes. Then again, maybe that is why he's in school."

Astella's eye continued to scan Kharif from a distance, though with her GUI off the information would need to be reviewed later. A raise of the hand, and Bluebird began to wave him over to their table. "Lets see what he is about, shall we?"

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs