The Planewalkers' Journies

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Seethe
In Despair

Re: The Planewalkers' Journies

Unread postby Seethe » Tue May 22, 2012 5:49 pm

"Oh, good," Rosalyn grumbled quietly as soon as she saw into the window. "I'm sure it will smell as nice as it looks in there."

She took a moment to steel herself before she stepped up to the door and gave it a knock.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:35 am

Kongunvir looked upon the house with a sneer. "Who could stand to live in such a place?" He muttered. "Does he have no pride?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Plane of Air - Blurophil

Rosalyn attempts to knock, but the door falls inwards at her contact, creaking as it swings into the small foyer. Thankfully there isn't much in the way of stench to match appearance. Even more thankfully, it isn't hard at all to hear the steady snoring coming from someone inside, echoing up to the doorway.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:20 pm

"Well, external appearances aside, Ghuntomas is clearly civilised," Asp pointed out, wandering in and towards the snoring, "Leaving the door unlocked for visitors is a courtesy seldom seen." In point of fact, people had a tendency to gripe if somebody took it upon themselves to helpfully rectify such an oversight. Alternatively, Kongunvir's comment about a lack of pride might indicate plague-induced apathy at work. No doubt they'd find out soon, he reflected as he zeroed in on the source of the snoring.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:34 am

Jon followed close behind Asp, ducking under the doorframe as he frowned. "This place is a shithole..." he grumbled as he looked around, wondering what state its owner was in. "Doesn't matter if it's unlocked or not, nothing to steal in here anyway. Nothing worth the effort, mind you." He gave the kender a sharp glance.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Plane of Air - Blurophil

Asp, the first in the building, soon spots Ghuntomas sprawled across the floor in back. Inside, liquor bottles ranging from months old to mere days are scattered across the place, mostly loose on the floor. It'd be a fair guess that this is far from the first time he's ended up in such a state.

There's barely any sign of personal possessions about, hardly even any furniture but the barest of necessities. From the scuff-marks on the floor, the one empty bookcase still attached to the wall, it seems that he may have had more here, but the thick dust makes it easy to tell that those days are long gone. All here now that it seems he could claim as his own are the remains of a few recent meals on dishes sorely in need of a wash, a few pieces of bariaur clothing in similar state, and the multitude of bottles. The best one can say about him now is that there's at least no sign of anything harder than bub.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:22 am

Kongunvir felt nothing but contempt as he took in the scene Ghuntomas had set. "So," he began, his tone condescending and judgemental, "the man they were looking for is nothing but a drunk living in his own filth." He gestured at the bariaur with a hand. "Someone wake him up."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:15 pm

Studiously ignoring the slight on his people, Asp shook his head sadly, "I think he might have sold everything for booze," he said. Truly an indictment that a man of learning could sell his books to fund a life of drunken oblivion. What could have driven him to it? Well, he could ask, he supposed. Fishing a small object out of a random pouch, he placed it to his lips and subjected all those in the room to the piercing shriek of a penny whistle.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:37 am

Plane of Air - Blurophil

The whistle's shriek fills the room, and Ghuntomas seems to stir, though not as suddenly as one might think such a horrid sound would cause, Shifting about, he opens his eyes and peers about the room, obviously not yet too lucid. Pulling himself at least partially upright, he steadies himself on the wall, deciding that sitting's enough for him right now.

"Wha...who're you sods, an' what're you doin' 'n m'house?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:28 pm

"Kongunvir, Planeswalker's Guild." the dwarf snapped in response. "We have questions and you, sir, have answers. Tell us about your work."

He took a step towards the lout, looming over him to the extent that his height allowed, hoping to force words out of Ghuntomas before he had a chance to think.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Plane of Air - Blurophil

"Mmph..." The bariaur gazes at Kongunvir through bleary eyes, still half-sitting on the floor as he gathers his thoughts. "Dunno what you mean...don't got nothin' for no one anymore. You're trespassin', so...out." Hardly forceful, one might suspect the sickness in him, if not for the single spark of liveliness still lurking in his eyes. Still, "beaten down" would be far and away an excellent description for Ghuntomas, if Kongunvir is any judge of character.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Having no intention to have come all this way just to get kicked out, Rosalyn stepped forward.

"The Everchanging Order," she said, forcefully, but not so much as Kongunvir. "You wrote it. Someone didn't like it. We know that much, so no sense hiding it. But we want to know more. It's... important."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:01 am

"Are we trespassing?" Asp asked, "Drat. I rely on the rest of you to tell me these things," he went on severely, "Now we'll have to explain the whole misunderstanding to the guards. Not that it helps, in my experience. Oh well, a night in gaol never hurt anybody. You wouldn't mind answering a few questions while we wait for the guards to arrive, would you, Ghuntomas?" he concluded, settling himself cross-legged on the floor to await the defenders of law and order.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Plane of Air - Blurophil

At Rosalyn's question, he issues a bark of laughter. "Someone didn't like it? Everyone! Laughed out! No one else could see, it's all the same! Law and chaos, order and entropy, two sides the same coin! No one understood!"

On shaky legs, he struggles to his feet, his words still with a slight slur to them. "Thousands of gold, years of experiments, and look where it got me!" Snatching a bottle off a nearby shelf, he throws it into the wall. "'Guild'? Don't believe you! More Guvners here to...mock me, no doubt! Year after year...'m through with you! Just leave me in peace!"

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:41 am

Rosalyn was getting rather miffed at this point. One of the few strong leads they had on this quest, and he turned out to be a...

"Stubborn fool!" she practically growled, storming towards him almost like she was about to attack, but settling for poking her finger into his chest. "People are going to die if you don't cooperate. At this very moment, there's a plague going around that--"

Then an idea hit her.

"Okay, you think we're here to laugh at you," she said, backing off and reaching into her shirt to draw out her Anarch pendant. "Do you know what this is? It's the symbol of the Anarch's Guild. The Anarchs are Gith'zerai in Limbo responsible for shaping the chaotic material of their plane into the orderly city their race dwells in. If chaos and order are completely opposed to one another, then how could that even be possible? If you say they're two sides of the same coin, I'm not someone who's going to dismiss that out of hand."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Plane of Air - Blurophil

He seems to straighten a bit at the sight of the pendant, though he still stands unsteady. "...Anarchs...one of the biggest signs. The Guvners...they say they're proof of the power of Law, y'know. They...they refused to believe..."

He falls silent for a brief spot, thinking.

"...what plague? Tell me of it...what you know, what it is. How...what's failure of a book t'do with a disease?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:06 am

(Literally been gone a month, go me)

Jon narrowed his eyes at the spectacle, this was clearly more than he'd bargained for, and having to deal with this drunkard... pfah.

"Some plague that makes berk fall into melancholy and listnessless, more so than usual. Everyone's just lyin' around and complainin' instead of workin' like..." he kicks a bottle to the wall, not hard enough to break it but to send it rattling, "other honest folk around."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:58 pm

Plane of Air - Blurophil

Ghuntomas thinks on this description, scowling as it sinks in. "...something about that...theoretical, but familiar..." Brushing past the group, he trots off hesitantly, balancing himself on the wall. "...absence of chaos...but nothing that pure..."

Interrupting himself, he looks back up to the group. "How far? How many? Any other symptoms? Howzit spread?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:20 am

Jon shoots the rest of the group a glance, shrugging. This is far more up their alley, he hasn't even seen the sickness himself.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:27 am

"Well, people get really listless and boring," Asp said helpfully, "It takes a while, and some people can fight it a bit, but eventually they stop bothering with anything much. There seems to be a radius of effect, rather than a plague in the conventional sense, but it also passes through portals. Except for those leading to the Infinite Staircase, maybe because it's basically made out of inspiration. Which has to be pretty opposed to dullness. Difficult to say how it spreads without having seen that part in action. It just sort of gets into your head if you spend too long in the affected area." He considered a moment, "It also seems to have sent a formian queen off the deep end," he added judiciously, "She legged it out of her hive when the plague originally appeared. Not sure what that tells us, but it sounds relevant." Having run down for the moment, he waited expectantly for questions.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:40 pm

Plane of Air - Blurophil

"It...yes, it must be. Purified law, concentrated..." Ghuntomas stumbles to a nearby window, peering out over the city. "And here?"

"...thoughts...need t'clear my thoughts. But...I know what this is. I was right..." He laughs, a slight smile across his features. "I was right!" Soon, though, the reality of the situation sinks in, and his mood falls once more. "So many people...need my b..." He winces with a flash of realization.

"...my last copy, I traded it to a friend for bub. Deidarth Three-Eye. He lives...five blocks down. I can...I can show the way..." He starts towards the door, again stumbling, swaying on his hooves.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:36 pm

"You're not going anywhere, friend." Jon says with a solemn look as he stops the bauriar, "I suggest you do your best to sober up some more before we're back with your book..."

He glances at the others again, "Two silver says this friend's sold it on to someone else..."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:15 pm

"Agreed," Asp said cheerfully, already heading for the door, "I'm sure we can handle repurchasing a book." He stopped for a moment, "Gold will be alright won't it? He won't insist on the terms of the original trade? Because I don't have any alcohol on me... Nah, I'm sure it'll be fine." People did seem to universally like gold.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Plane of Air - Blurophil

"...I...yes, maybe..." Ghuntomas scowls at Jon's comments, but slumps against a nearby wall, forelegs buckling. "You...yes, you're right..." At Asp's comment, he frowns, but seems a bit too lost to respond.

And so the travelers depart his house, making their way to the home of Deidarth. It's a quick walk through the shade of the Twilight Wall to the general area Ghuntomas has told them, the many metal towers of this portion of the wall in stark contrast to the simple stone structure nestled between them. A sign across the doorway heralds its contents:

DEIDARTH THREE-EYE
ORACLE OF FORGOTTEN NIGHT

Still, things aren't looking well right now for Deidarth. The door is smashed in, the inside visibly in even worse shape than Ghuntomas's place. someone's been by here, and they've turned the dwelling upside-down. Shelves are smashed, candle sconces upended, possessions strewn about. The place looks empty, but someone's certainly been here recently, and they don't look to have been peaceful sorts.

Quick check, is anyone staying behind with Ghuntomas? If no PC, the goblin would've volunteered to keep an eye on him, make sure he's really sobering up.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:23 am

"Well, this is no good," Asp said, casting a practiced eye around the premises to see if any interesting shiny objects had been left scattered about, "Do you think it was related to the book, or just random burglary?" he asked the group at large.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:54 am

Plane of Air - Blurophil

As Asp glances about the room, a shimmer of motion in the shadows catches his eye; a glimmer of motion that vanished as soon as Asp's eyes settled on it.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:12 am

Trickery, eh? Well, two could play at that game. Nonchalantly directing his gaze elsewhere, Asp wandered about the room, poking his nose into things, all the while waiting for his opportunity to pounce the moment the glimmer reappeared.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:14 am

Plane of Air - Blurophil

Asp looks aaround, rummaging about the near-wreckage for near half a minute before spotting once more a sudden blur from the shadows. Whirling on it before it can again disappear, he finds himself face-to-face with...

...a ghostly young girl. A phantom of a human child, around eight years old, with unkempt hair and a threadbare dress. She flinches from Asp, and a light chill washes out from where she stood as she again vanishes from sight before he can say a word.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:01 pm

"...Oh. I'm sorry," Asp said contritely, feeling a little bad about startling the girl, "Please come back?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:33 am

Plane of Air - Blurophil

The temperature in the room falls again slightly, a light breeze blowing about the wreckage, but she doesn't reappear just yet. Those in the room can still feel a presence, a light weight to the air, but the spectral girl still keeps herself hidden from view.

Previous

Return to Other RPs