Child's Play: The NEXT Initiative

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Child's Play: The NEXT Initiative

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:59 pm

"Her name is Viral, and she's MY boss." Vi says bitterly. "You dunderheads better not make me look bad in front of her!"

"Our mission, right now, is to sneak in unnoticed and meet up with her. She'll give us further instruction after that. If anyone sees us, we're supposed to knock the crap out of them. But that's the trick, if anyone sees us, WE FAIL."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:20 pm

"Haha, like she'd even care what we'd do!" Gene bounced up and down in his seat. "c'mon I wanna gooooooo! This is taking forevvvvverrrrrrr!"

He glanced over at James, "first one to mess up is the other's slave for a week? You're on or you're a chicken! Ba-kaaaw!" he grinned broadly.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:42 pm

James scoffed at Gene's proposal. "If you wanna be my slave so badly, all you had to do was ask." As if James would mess up before Gene did. The kid didn't know when to shut up. Knowing him, he'd probably trip and shout and cry out. James extended his hand, "You're on!"

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:43 am

"How do we get there?" Milton asked, uncannily on-topic.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:35 pm

"Right. The actual mission." Vi says, pulling up a map of Mitiaro Island. "This is Mitiaro. We're going to be inserted...Here." She indicates the eastern coast. "From there we'll take some speeders our R&D built into the city itself, and rendezvous with Viral...Here." Vi says finally, pointing to a spot in Deck City. "The speeders are two Wunderkind per, so you'll be pairing up with someone. DJ, you're with me. Any questions?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:21 pm

"Duh." Gene's arm flew up. "Who're we teamed with?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Vi made a rude face. "Psh, I don't care. Figure that out yourselves. I just didn't want to get stuck with Milton."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:06 am

"Oh WOW, rude!" Gene called out and looked over at Milton. "That's it, Milt, I was gonna team up with J-Man, but now you and me are bros! Let's do this, zooom!" He held out his fist, fully expecting a bro-bunp back.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:24 am

"Eh, I don't care who I'm with," James said, crossing his arms, "As long as I get to drive!"

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:22 pm

Milton froze, and a look of fear surged across his synthetic face, his eyes locked on the fist in front of him. A second passed. He looked at Gene. Then at the fist. Then at an alarm on the wall. Then the fist. Then Gene. Then the fist.

"please don't hit me," he managed to halfheartedly whimper through his transfixed state.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:29 pm

DJ facepalmed, and walked over, taking Miltons hand and gently smacking it on Gene's. "It's a term of friendship, dummy." DJ says, sighing. "See?" She finishes, offering her fist to Gene.

Leon rolls his eyes, looking as sour as ever at...Everything. "I'll ride with you then, James. I don't care who drives."

"Right. With that settled, any OTHER stupid questions?" Vi sighs.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:15 pm

Gene's smile returned as "Milton" fistbumped, and a loud clang erupted as he smashed his fist into DJs.

"AIGHT! Let's DO this! Yeah!

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:26 pm

Mission: Chain of Command
March 12th, 3757
8:21 PM.

The Wunderkind of NEXT, in their team of 8, speeds across the marshland in teams of two atop vehicles the likes of which the children have never seen. Resembling something like a sleek motorcycle with the wheels turned sideways and generating some sort of anti-gravity field. The group speeds silently over the marshlands of Mitiaro Island, approaching Deck City- Where they're to meet with Vi's superior officer, Viral.

Hovering about a foot off the ground, the bikes have little trouble with the nasty terrain, even as a light snow begins to fall. The city is visible in the distance, a light in the darkness of the island's early spring nightfall. Occasionally the children have to weave between trees, but for now it's smooth sailing. Over the short ranged coms, a voice breaks the silence. Does anyone else thing this is a little too easy? Katie asks. There's not even any watch posts or anything out here.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:10 pm

Whatever. They're obviously completely clue-less. This is going to be a cake in the walk, little did they know they're up against Gene the Wondereen... yeah, YEAH!

Gene was correcting his goggles slightly as he was speeding a little too fast with his vehicle, Quickly in, quickly out, those bozos wont' know what hit'em!

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:41 pm

Grasping Gene by the shoulders from behind, Milton huddled at his back, having had an unpleasant experience early on in the ride regarding an insect passerby.

Too easy! What a strange phrase. They should be so thankful. Unless they wanted it to be difficult...? For a moment, Milton regretted having gone over the bikes for mechanical flaws before takeoff. In a good-faith effort, Milton tried his pre-collegiate best at answering Katie's question. Maybe it's their day off?

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:47 pm

No, it's not even that. Look around with your night vision. There's not even animals out here. No listening posts, no motion sensors...Just trees and water. This is kind of spooky, guys. Katie sends back.

Grow up already! El shouts back- Not even with enough courtesy to be private about it.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:02 am

((Haha... oh wow, forgot to mention I was in Slovenia for the good part of the last two weeks... sorry about that...))

Gene just shrugged and sped his bike even faster, zooming between trees. They probably just overstretched, couldn't cover this area well enough. It's cool, it's not like we actually want to run into any of their patrols or anything, right?

He flicked a thumbs up to those behind him, the vehicle careening sharply to the left before he righted it lazily. He seemed to show approximately 0.1 % concern for his passenger right now.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:51 pm

The speeder bikes continue through the chilly swamp almost silently, other than the radio chatter between the children.

Of course, that can't last forever- As lightning flashes overhead, Katie takes a hand off the security of her sister's shoulders to point through the treeline. There! she shouts. Something's coming our way!

Sure enough, through the treeline, there's a very bright, soft glowing blue light, streaking along at the same speed as the bikes- Approaching them quickly.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:56 pm

Gene gave the blue glow an errant glance and grinned broadly. Perfect.

He let go of the handlebar with one hand and drew out his telescope staff, ready to extend it should the blue light prove hostile. Which he hoped dearly it would be!

PriamNevhausten

ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:39 pm

We're accelerating! Gene! We're accelerating! Milton did not quite seem to grasp that Gene's intentions were not based around safety or stealth. I can pilot the craft if you're not feeling well! Let's set it down so I can do a diagnostic! Your hand is still turning the throttle! Your weapon does not function as a substitute handlebar! I believe Gene is malfunctioning! he blurted out over the comms.

Previous

Return to Other RPs