The Planewalkers' Journies

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: The Planewalkers' Journies

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:11 pm

Flea Cringes, wiping her arm where the blade struck. Sneering at her 'friend', she lunges in heavy and makes a sideways punch to his knee!

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:20 pm

Astral Plane - TorNav'Roc
Round 2

Flea slams her fist into Gaath'lir's knee, doing a bit of damage through the weakness of the joint; yet, he still stays upright, if increasingly exhausted. And across the battlefield, Salix completes his spell as a cloud of bats appears next to Mericass, diving at him in an instant. Eloise joins in, and though the bats seem to be harassing Mericass significantly, Eloise is only able to destroy another of his false images.

I am bad at deadlines. Seriously feel free to harass me when I forget like this.

Round 2

Flea attacks Gaath'lir with Power Attack. She hits for 16 damage.
Salix's spell completes. A bat swarm appears and moves to H1. It deals 1 damage to Mericass; Mericass begins bleeding.
Eloise moves to I2 and attacks Mericass. She hits, destroying a duplicate.

Battle Map

Initiative

Rosalyn: 27
Goblin: 24
Sunny: 23
Garick: 23
Gaath'lir: 21
Tonuin'li: 19
Lorraine: 18
Mericass: 18
Trivale: 17
Aaron: 13
Jen'lig: 12
Flea: 8
Salix: 8
Eloise: 8
Kongunvir: 2

Condition

Flea: 31/51
Garick: 80/101, rage for 13 rounds (+4 Str, +4 Con (+12 HP), +2 Will, -2 AC)
Kongunvir: 51/74
Lorraine: 42/42, invisible for 5.9 minutes
Rosalyn: 46/46
Salix: 28/28
Sunny: 20/33
Trivale: 57/57, mind-clouding Gaath'lir for 5.9 minutes

Aaron: 21/21
Eloise: 31/31
Goblin: 28/28

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:24 am

Kongunvir did as Flee did, sneering and striking out at the one who'd wounded him.

(Vital Strike, Power Attack +2 on Gaath'lir.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Round 2

With a heavy swing, Kongunvir slams his axe into Gaath'lir's chest, slicing through the armor and carving deep into his torso. The githyanki barely has time to gasp before he collapses, the last breaths leaving him as he begins to collapse, before floating limply in the air amongst the combatants.

Round 2

Kongunvir attacks Gaath'lir with Power Attack and Vital Strike. He hits for 26 damage; Gaath'lir is killed.

Total damage dealt to Gaath'lir: 113

Battle Map

Initiative

Rosalyn: 27
Goblin: 24
Sunny: 23
Garick: 23
Gaath'lir: 21
Tonuin'li: 19
Lorraine: 18
Mericass: 18
Trivale: 17
Aaron: 13
Jen'lig: 12
Flea: 8
Salix: 8
Eloise: 8
Kongunvir: 2

Condition

Flea: 31/51
Garick: 80/101, rage for 13 rounds (+4 Str, +4 Con (+12 HP), +2 Will, -2 AC)
Kongunvir: 51/74
Lorraine: 42/42, invisible for 5.9 minutes
Rosalyn: 46/46
Salix: 28/28
Sunny: 20/33
Trivale: 57/57, mind-clouding Gaath'lir for 5.9 minutes

Aaron: 21/21
Eloise: 31/31
Goblin: 28/28

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:50 pm

Flea darkens considerably as her 'friend' falls over. And then begins floating up.

"Ohhh NO you DON'T!"

Flea jumps into the air, grabbing at his leg and pulling him back down with her MASSIVE TINY HUGE TINY STRENGTH. "I ain't done with you yet!"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:07 pm

Kongunvir felt some slight sorrow as Gaath'lir expired. They'd been enemies, yes, but he'd died fighting for his Queen. Even if he was deluded it was a shame to see a loyal man die. Flea's outburst brought a smile back to his face, however.

"He's not going anywhere!" he yelled, looking around for his next opponent.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:35 am

"NO! P-please, no killing! Can we not...!" The half-elf's plea was most likely unheard as the combatants around him dealt with the gith swiftly. He maintained his spell as best he could while Eloise continued to harass the spellcaster.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:48 pm

Once Gaath'lir fell, Rosalyn moved closer to Mericass, rose into the air a bit, and took aim. However, she didn't fire just yet.

"Don't make it end like this," she warned. "I don't want to have to kill you."

Not that she would hesitate if the gith continued to pose a threat.

(Moving to F3, using Active Assault to rise one space, and readying an action to fire a flaming arrow if Mericass starts casting a spell.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Round 2

Batting at the bats, Mericass looks up towards Rosalyn, glaring at the archer. "...Fine! If that fool's dead, I'd be dead soon enough too, wouldn't I? Not about to die over something like this."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:27 am

The air above the group called out briefly, Lorraine's voice.

"Just you now, missy. Last chance to get out of this unscathed."

She didn't hold out much hope that Jen'lig would bow to common sense and give up, but it was possible.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:57 am

Round 2

"Jen'lig! Come out, it's over!" Scowling, still swatting at the swarm of Salix's surrounding him, Mericass looks around for any sign of her, speaking with an obvious tinge of worry in his voice.. "Just give it up!" There's no response from her, but she's still in the area so far as Lorraine can see.

Combat is still going on, but initiative order will be suspended for now. People can feel free to post as desired.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Lorraine maintained her concentration. She'd pinpoint Jen'lig soon enough, and once she had she'd finish this one way or another.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:34 pm

With a grunt of annoyance, Jen'lig reappears, hands free of her weapon. "So, this is the part where you kill us, then? Better that than what's coming, I suppose. At least I got to see him meet the Queen before we did." She sneers towards the corpse of Gaath'lir, before looking to Tonuin'li. "Couldn't even stand up, could you? Did you even care about him?"

Mericass tsks Jen'lig, but Tonuin'li still keeps naught but a blank expression, her hand having fallen to her side, as she stares off into the distance, barely even standing.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:01 pm

"Psh, no we're not gonna kill you! Hell, I'm even gonna get Corpsey here up and alive again!" Flea shouts excitedly. "And then you're all gonna be my servants!"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:08 pm

"No. More. KILLING. Isn't it obvious what is happening here!?" Salix was outright angry, stamping his foot and making Eloise scuttle away, "You are capable of subduing without harming, aren't you? Or did you never learn to hit with the blunt end of a weapon?" This last statement/question was directed to no one in particular, the half-elf just seemed particularly agitated at the unnecessary bloodshed around him.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:06 pm

Lorraine reappeared on the ground, next to Jen'lig with her sword still drawn. She readied herself but did not strike, in case someone decided to run. She had to say, though...

"Enough with the bleeding heart crap, Salix. Three people assaulted more than three times their number with deadly force. One of them died and the other two were captured. If that isn't enough restraint for you that is your failing, not ours. The rest of us are trying to live in the real world and cure a real disease, without getting stabbed to death. I'd say that twelve out of thirteen isn't a bad job of that.

"Now. Since we've established that no one else is dying today and dealt with the dramatics, what next? Anyone?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:30 am

Lorraine's retort brought a smile to Kongunvir's face, though he was quick to hide it. He was glad that someone else was speaking sense, and even gladder that it was directed at the mewling fool, this really wasn't the time to smirk.

"The unlucky one," he gestured up at Gaath'lir's corpse, "said that they weren't the pack of cowards we took them for. They had a purpose here, or they thought they did, and I'd like to know what that was. When we know that we can stop flailing in the dark," he looked at the Jen'lig, "and decide what to do with this lot." He let his words hang in the air, hoping the gith understood that their fate would be determined by what she said.

"What is this well, what secrets does it hold and why do you want them?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:28 pm

"Ho, dang!" Flea exclaims, slapping her forehead. "You're right! I should stop hitting them with the sharp edges of my knuckles! It's all so clear now! Thank you, mysterious stranger!"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:46 pm

Astral Plane -TorNav'Roc

Jen'lig grumbles, as Mericass approaches slowly, speaking up in her stead. "We don't know. We've been trying to unlock that since we came back. Gaath'lir wanted to bend it to serve Vlaakith; all he ever thought about. He killed one of ours to keep us on that track. Us, we just wanted it ourselves. Our chance to get away from her, if we were lucky."

Still frowning, Jen'lig picks up from him. "We were hunters here. Collecting meat for Prime expeditions. We were out hunting astral whale when the psurlons attacked. We came back, found things like this. Gaath'lir had us rest up before heading out, and that's when the well touched us. Must've been here the whole time, none of us ever knew about it. We've been exploring it since, trying to unlock...whatever it is. All we know is it has something to do with the items. They're the keys. We tried sending them all to me one night, and I felt close. But we didn't have enough, I think."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:46 pm

Kongunvir kept a straight face as Mericass talked, despite his acknowledgement of their selfish, disloyal intent. It was convenient to the Planeswalkers that Gaath'lir had been slain, but he had evidently been a loyal soldier. Ruthless, perhaps, but all in the service of his monarch. He'd be sure to treat the man's corpse with proper respect once this was over.

That would come later, though. For now there was the matter of these dreams. Jen'lig had figured out more than he had, though he tried not to show it, and he hoped she'd reveal even more.

"Keys?" he asked, feigning ignorance. "What sort of keys did the dreams provide you with?"

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Lorraine kept quiet. She had an idea what Kongunvir was doing, and while she wasn't sure that she thought it was necesary that was no excuse to spoil it. She'd wait and see how this played out for the moment.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:02 pm

Jen'lig shrugs slightly, sighing and waving her hand. "...Trinkets. Useless items that seemed important. The more we had in place at once, the more important they seemed."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:19 am

Salix grumbled as he crossed his arms. He didn't say anything more though, he was listening to the interrogation instead. He wouldn't admit that he'd overestimated the fighting... he'd thought they would just as soon kill these two as well. He mulled over what Jen'lig was saying, had they simply not gotten all of their own items... or did it require something more? Surely it couldn't have been the Planewalkers, they hadn't even arrived.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:30 pm

I know it's been over a month, but I've been nudged recently to try and get this going again. Before I do, though, I want to know: who would still be interested in this game? Either people that are "active" right now, people that were in it before and would be interested in coming back, or brand new people, but before I try and resume things I want to know who's still got enough interest in it to want to give it another shot. If you are, either post here or message me, either works fine for me, and after a few days I'll see how things stand. :O

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:29 am

So I've heard from most everyone at this point, and I do want to finally wrap this up and move along. There's only one real question left to ask: who will be getting the dream trinkets and unlocking whatever it is they do? It's up to you guys, but I will ask that you limit your choices to people who will be sticking around. At this point, that means Flea, Rosalyn, Salix, and possibly Kongunvir (if I hear from Jak any time soon :P). I'll give the entire group a fair chance to vote (even people that will be bowing out after this game), but I won't give too much time before I post the final wrap-up for TorNav'Roc. Let's call this concurrent with the usual MVP vote too; not that I don't think the people dropping out weren't good players too, but an IC reward wouldn't work very well for you guys. :D

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:19 pm

After some debate, the vote comes down on a perhaps unexpected conclusion: Flea. She's to be given the trinkets that night, with hopes that it will solve something with what is going on. Soon enough night comes, with each of the group sending their own individual trinket to Flea. She can feel a sense of nearness building as each key drops from the hole in the wall of her well one by one, passed along the chain of dreams. Her surroundings seem to grow more indistinct as the trinkets are gathered, and the everpresent whispers at the Well grow in intensity. Until, with the last trinket, Flea finds herself in...nothing at all. Freefloating in mist, the trinkets gathered around her, shimmering and shifting into other forms. Gems, stones, jewels of all sorts. Those she held keep with her, but those left upon the ground begin to drift out and away, if slowly; she has more than enough time to grab them back to her.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:22 pm

Flea, being a businessminded Flea, will not be letting those get away from her so easily! She scrambles to grab as many as she can!

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:26 pm

She finds it easy to keep hold of all the trinkets, their size, shape, and color all shifting and changing as she keeps them in her grip, but their basic nature as gemstones staying constant.

Before her, seemingly part of the mist yet still standing separate from it, a wall begins to manifest, a construction of brickwork much in the same manner as the well itself. An archway spans across the wall, and across its length are a series of indentations, each shifting its shape much as that of the stones. A quick count shows there to be one for each trinket, it's simply a matter of matching them properly.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:28 pm

With a huff, Flea begins to put them into place.

But she'll be back! No stupid wall is going to take HER Shineys.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:41 pm

Unfortunately, it seems as if it might be doing just that...for the most part, at least. Once all are in place, the gems sink into the wall, but for a single at the top of the arch. Its form fixes into a that of a small, round-cut emerald, emitting an ever-brightening glow that quickly grows strong enough to blind even Flea. Within an instant, though, the light fades, and Flea finds herself standing besides the Well at the surface, in what feels like reality.

She isn't alone, though. A new githyanki, looking incredibly aged yet somehow familiar, stands there as well, blinking and glancing around the area. A slow grin spreads across his face, as he looks to Flea. "Thank you. Not just to you, but to your friends as well." He reaches out to Flea's temple, holding his hand there and leaving an odd feeling of warmth. There's something more too, something at the back of her mind, a presence barely felt but undeniable. Should she check, and should others look upon her, they would find the last key of the door embedded there, a green gem at her temple, occasionally pulsing with barely-noticeable light.

"I would seek your friends and allies to thank them as well. Could you show me to them?"

And for getting the vote, Flea obtains the key of dreams, an item that provides her contact with the realm of dreams and ideas, the creativity that empowers all. This grants her the following effects while she bears it:
  • +2 to Wisdom, granted by the creative thoughts of countless mortals.
  • A single Intelligence-based skill of her choice, always at maximum ranks, for with creativity often comes knowledge.
  • Once per adventure, Flea can focus the key's power in order to call out to the Infinite Staircase. She may transform any closed door into a passage onto the Staircase once opened, lasting only until the door is again closed.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:49 pm

"Uh...Yeah." Flea says, after a moment of being touched. She doesn't really like people touching her around her face parts or anything. "Yeah."

She thusly leads the way back as far as she can tell in this crazy mixed up place.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Flea leads the elder githyanki back to their quarters, where the others find themselves roused from their dreams gently, as if they've gained a full night's sleep after what can't be more than two or three hours. They awaken not long before the two enter, the elder glancing around the group with a pleasant expression, waiting to let them be the first to speak. Draped in shimmering robes, he looks utterly ancient. And yet, they all seem to know him: Aeryv'nir.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:41 pm

Kongunvir fixed his eyes on the gith. The sense of familiarity left him ill at ease and for a moment he wondered if he was still dreaming. That the gith seemed so at ease only unnerved him further.

"I believe that an explanation is long overdue, Aeryv'nir." He said carefully, trying to get a sense of the gith. Was he a lord of some sort? A wizard? The man was tied to the dream, that much was certain, but he knew nothing else despite the strange sense of familiarity he felt towards the new arrival.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:05 pm

"Yes...I believe it is." The aged gith nods, finding somewhere to sit as he glances over the group. "As you have probably gathered, your dreams were from me. Or...of me, I suppose I should clarify. I apologize, but when I sensed the barrier around my prison had been destroyed, I reached out through the only means I could, through the powers of the Well of Dreams. It was used to imprison me long ago, a bit of...poetic justic from our Queen." He sneers, scoffing at the very title. "Centuries ago, after speaking with one of our estranged kin, the githzerai, following a hunt against the flayers, I realized just how much damage the Pronouncement had done to our two races. I sought reunification, in secret of course. I sought the means by which I could challenge the lich that had imposed her will on us for...near a millennium now, I suppose it's been. Forcing her people to bend to her, sacrificing those that grew too strong and feeding on their essence. A fact she's likely done much to cover up, but I cannot imagine she's stopped."

Tonuin'li grimaces at that statement, but says nothing as Aeryv'nir continues. "I founded an organization that...it seems has still survived to this day," he says with a brief glance to her. "The Sha'sal Khou. Those of both races doing what they could to bridge the gap between us, against the stricted taboos of the children of both Gith and Zerthimon. We did what we could, but against Vlaakith it was rarely much. But then...I found the Well. A connection to the very essence of dream, a tunnel carved between Astral and Ethereal. Something that should be impossible, yet here it was. Properly used, it could be just that which I had sought.

"Yet...before I could use it, Vlaakith learned of it. I tried channeling its power to protect our forces from her men, but instead her hr'a'cknir were able to twist the Well itself, imprisoning me in the nonexistence between the Silver Void and Dream itself. And there I remained, doing my best to keep sane as I learned what I could of the nature of things from my...somewhat unique vantage point until the disaster here broke most of those ancient bonds. But they weren't completely destroyed, they reached through my very essence. I couldn't destroy them myself, not without the help of those in the waking realm. I hadn't realized how long it had been until I touched the minds of the first here...perhaps I should be lucky I haven't aged more than I have. But...I hope this has answered most of your questions?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:56 pm

"Hey!" Flea says. "I got a question! There's this dude who kinda bit it but I didn't want him to bite it so I'm gonna make him regurgitate it and spit it back out and then totally make him my butler, where can I get the stuff to do that?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:10 am

With a wry smile, Aeryv'nir shakes his head at Flea. "I'm afraid bringing back the dead is something still beyond me. You'll likely have to find a...'butler' amongst the living."

Anyone else want to make a post, or should I jump things ahead? :O

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:26 am

"Your queen is--" Rosalyn started to ask in surprise once an initial dumbfounded shock wore off, but couldn't bring herself to finish the thought and put voice to the word. She then found herself glancing momentarily at Kongunvir, wondering if his apparent ideal of absolute loyalty to one's sovereign would still apply if that sovereign was an undead monster that would prey on its own subjects.

But that may not have been a line of questioning she wanted to pursue.

"So... do you know anything about this plague we're trying to cure?" she asked Aeryv'nir instead. "It's a disease that drains away your creativity and motivation until you're... uh... uncreative and... unmotivated. We thought that well might have had something to do with it."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:21 am

"I know of it. The dangers of this plague radiated from your sleeping minds." Aeryv'nir frowns slightly, glancing off. "I sought that which I could about this plague for you, reaching out through Dream to try and find an answer for when you were successful, but those responsible...they seem to be among those beings with no connection to it. I suspect it may have been left here because of the Well, in fact, although that would imply a being or beings centuries old at the least. Perhaps older, even, should their knowledge of the Well predate my discovery; although I'd never heard even legend of it, it was ancient even when I'd discovered it.

"I did draw upon snatches of comments, though, from others with knowledge of the plague. I do not know what they mean, Dream is rarely that simple. But the keys to destroying this plague are...'navimas' and 'everchanging order'. But I could sense that those I drew this from, they wish to stop the cure, they know of it only because they seek to destroy that which could bring it about. Unrelated to those that left it, they still wish to spread it for their own purposes; I sense that should you continue, they may pose a threat to you should you continue to pursue your cure. Be watchful for them."

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:16 am

Rosalyn gave a thankful nod. It wasn't very clear, but it was... something. Something to add to the mix of riddles that passed for clues in this search. And the heads-up on the opposition was good to have. In fact...

"Maybe we could turn that around," she mused aloud. "If someone's trying to keep us from curing this plague, they might know something about it."

She left the implications of that reasoning to the imaginations of her companions.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:38 am

Kongunvir had kept quiet as Rosalyn asked her question. It was difficult to ascribe the labels of politics and intrigue to what the ancient gith had described and even more difficult to dismiss it as propaganda or delusion. He'd never imagined such a leadership, at least not among civilized races, let alone one that stretched across centuries. He wondered how he would have acted, had his and Gaath'lir's places been exchanged.

"What do plan to do now?" He asked Aeryv'nir. "Resume your mission to unify your race?"

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs