Pax East - 2012 (OLD!)

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Pax East - 2012 (OLD!)

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:38 am

On the off chance anyone else happens to be going (and still bothers to read the forums =x)
My brother and I just registered for passes on Saturday, so hopefully we will make it for this one.
Last edited by FF Fanatic 80 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: Pax East - 2012

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:07 am

I don't think I'm going to be able to make it, I'm afraid. I've got a lot of stuff going on, and I can't really take a few days off with my work I'm afraid... :| Which really sucks.
"That's not interactive, there's no back-and-forth with the other player and how much fun is it to watch someone incredibly good at moving their eyes? And then whichever Seeker gets lucky swoops in and grabs the Snitch and makes everyone else's work moot. It's like someone took a real game and grafted on this pointless extra position just so that you could be the Most Important Player without needing to really get involved or learn the rest of it. Who was the first Seeker, the King's idiot son who wanted to play Quidditch but couldn't understand the rules?" Actually, now that Harry thought about it, that seemed like a surprisingly good hypothesis. Put him on a broomstick and tell him to catch the shiny thing...

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:55 pm

Wait what? Registration is open already? When did that happen?
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:59 pm

I'm sure we'll be going.

Man, Christmas isn't over yet, and we need to start planning this already? :monocle:

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:12 pm

Yeah, that's kind of the problem. It crept up on me while the quarter was ending and the holiday season was starting and I didn't really get a chance to think about it before it was too late to get a hotel within a mile and a half of the convention center. That coupled with the fact that I don't know what anyone else is doing (except all the local crew who don't have the money/time to go) and that I haven't really been asking, means I'm probably not going to be there this year.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

Return to Discussion Forum