The Planewalkers' Journies

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: The Planewalkers' Journies

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:08 am

Astral Plane - TorNav'Roc

"...wasn't she still at the well? That's what the others said yesterday, I think..."

And Trivale fills the others in on his dream; it was the same as last night for the most part. He got Salix's bird, and his dream involved a glowing amber gemstone covered in engraved runes; similar to the one in Sunny's, but more detailed in its construction, not a natural growth like hers seemed to be.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:13 am

"You know," Garick said, "I thought there something missing. Turns out it was the incessant buzzing noise I hear when Flea's around." He then scratched his head, saying, "We should probably go get her. We're responsible for everything she does and we wouldn't want to leave our trash laying around. If we did, we'd likely be back in not very long after we solve this problem to fix everyone having gone deaf."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:47 am

Since it's been a few days since the last post: Perfectly willing to jump ahead, but I need a bit of an idea what people want me to jump ahead to. :P

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:45 pm

Salix nodded. "Let's go find her... maybe she can fill in the missing pieces of the puzzle... even if we already know what it is... more or less."

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:30 pm

"We can try," Rosalyn said. "Now, whether she'll just come along quietly, that's the big question."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:46 am

People head out once more towards the well, where Flea was left last night. She's still lucky enough to be mostly alone when they arrive, with Tonuin'li still the well's only guard. Still putting up with Flea somehow, she's managed to spend the time since the girl's awakening without even being tempted to pummel her; whether Flea appreciates that or not, who can say?

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Not being very familiar with the loud, obnoxious metal girl, Salix remains in the background, hoping one of the older adventurers will speak up first.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:27 pm

Flea seems to be having a pleasant conversation! Whether it's one sided or not, who knows.

"And then my mom took me to Slaan, and we took this noble lizard guy for like three fourths of what he was worth! Then Mom gave it back just to prove how easily she could totally take all their money if she really wanted to. And then we conned this OTHER noble out of ALL Of his money but he was a jerk so it's totally fine."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:13 pm

Lorraine hung out at the back, not particularly keen on starting off questioning Flea. She was kind of a pest, and Lorraine got the impression that if she did talk about any dreams she may have had they probably wouldn't make sense in the retelling. Better to let someone else beat their head against her for a while, and if she was proved wrong so much the better.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Wow it's really been 3 weeks since I GMed.

Okay, since I get the feeling everyone would like to move on past this finally, if there are no objections, I'm going to go ahead and Knowledge-check people getting some insight into things tomorrow afternoon while I'm on campus.

Yes I know I'm putting it off for another day, but I hate proposing something like this without giving people the chance to object. I'll probably even broom to summing more things up and a last combat or so, just to get this quest over with as much as possible :P

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:45 am

After questions from the party, Flea gives a recounting of her dream, mostly the same as her last one; some woman bothering her, calling her the wrong name - Aeryv'nir. She's got something in her dream too, a silver knife like the one that appeared in Rosalyn's dream. Tonuin'li seems to recognize the name, telling them that he was a mage that helped to found the Shasal Khou some time ago, according to the rumors she'd heard; he vanished centuries ago, though, after some sort of conflict with Queen Vlaakith, the ruler of their race.

It's Sunny that comes to the realization that perhaps the items in their dreams have some sort of significance, as well as the scenarios themselves. Lorraine's, Rosalyn's, and Flea's could all be taken as events significant to Aeryv'nir's life from what they know of it, as could her own...and if one considers the nature of the Shasal Khou, an organization seeking reunification between the githyanki and githzerai, then perhaps the other dreams are similar: reinterpretations casting them in the role of Aeryv'nir, seeing his life through their own eyes and through the filter of a dream. The items seem to perhaps be meaningful too, with each relating to the events of the dream and each presented to the dreamer in a purposeful manner, but they seem to have barely any force alone. Lorraine mentions feeling in her dream a presence, as if the dream was somehow not entirely her own; perhaps this is related. Especially considering that Sunny's figure was one who researched dreams.

As they ponder the nature of the items, what they could mean and what the significance of being able to transfer them from one dreamer to another might indicate, Tonuin'li falls silent. Down the street, approaching the well, are the three other gith, stoic and approaching the party as one.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:46 am

Kongunvir had listened as the others rambled on about reunification, feeling mildly disgusted that his own dreams had cast dwarves and elves as two sides of the same coin. Still, the dreams made sense now, though he still couldn't see how they related to the plague. He was beginning to suspect that they didn't at all and were simply distracting them from more important matters. As a result he was less than enthused when the other gith approached them.

"I'm sure this can only end well." he muttered.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:38 pm

Salix glanced between all of them... wondering what his dream had signified.
He didn't have much time to ponder however, as the gith approached.

"Um... ah, yes, hello, welcome... back? Ah, we have investigated some, into the matter of shared dreams. Perhaps you've experienced it? Would you know the cause of it, hm?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:06 am

Gaath'lir steps forward, calling out to the party once near enough to be heard. "No more cooperation! Leave the well, outsiders. We are too close to let you take this from us. You do not deserve whatever secrets it holds! They are not for the judgment of mortals." He draws his blade, a two-handed greatsword gleaming with a silver reminiscent of the Void that surrounds them, as Mericass and Jen'lig take up positions behind him, grimacing silently.

Falling into his native language, he calls out something with a glance to Tonuin'li, but she remains silent, drifting back cautiously into the party. While the words seem to strike at her, and her hand does drift to the hilt of her own sword, her eyes seem a bit clouded, her actions hesitant; it looks that her sickness has progressed since yesterday, but she at least still has some sense to her.

Sunny: If you still have the translation trinket on you:
Spoiler:
"I know that in your heart you still believe in Our Lady, Tonuin'li. Don't prove my trust to be in vain. Join us, abandon these Hounds! Do not make the same mistake as your broodmate."

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:40 pm

As soon as Gaath'lir drew his sword, Rosalyn drew her bow. Her own look was grim now, as she wasn't terribly convinced that these gith needed to die. She wasn't even sure if the well would prove to be anything worth fighting over. But if it was in fact related to the disease, then it wasn't something that could be given up.

"I suppose it can't be helped," she mused quietly.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:33 pm

For reference: Current Layout

(If anyone wants to say they're somewhere else before the battle begins, feel free)

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:33 am

Kongunvir took Rosalyn's cue and readied himself for battle. "No, it looks like they've gone completely rogue now." His voice was raised, no doubt attempting to rile the gith. "First they shame their people with their cowardice and now they're abandoning their duty again! Doesn't your Queen deserve to hear of your failures, or would you rather die and escape your responsibilities?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:05 pm

"We are doing our duty, hound! We serve our queen by offering her this boon! We were no craven guard, and it pained my heart to claim so, to sink to deception purely for the sake of outsiders. But the time for subterfuge is passed; now is time time to prove to Our Lady the strength of our convictions!"

Tonuin'li keeps quiet at this revelation, keeping eye contact from the others.

Will be beginning combat Monday; get your CI in beforehand if you want any!

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:48 am

Map is unchanged from the previous post. Combat begins now!
Initiative

Rosalyn: 27
Goblin: 24
Gaath'lir: 21
Tonuin'li: 19
Lorraine: 18
Mericass: 18
Trivale: 17
Aaron: 13
Eloise: 12
Jen'lig: 12
Flea: 8
Salix: 8
Kongunvir: 2

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:19 pm

"Please, don't hurt them... they're delusional from the sickness, I'm sure of it!" Salix called out as he readied himself, tree quick taps with his foot in the ground calling up Eloise to his side.

He began to chant something and a low buzzing filled the air. Bats, a large clouds of them, began to gather around Jen'lig... the young druid hoped to send them against the geth, making them lose their focus

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:50 pm

Rosalyn had expected that Salix wouldn't want any bloodshed. She didn't really want to go through with it herself, but she doubted this confrontation was the disease at work. In any case, now that weapons were drawn, holding back could easily be a fatal mistake.

On the other hand, she wasn't sure if Mericass and Jen'lig really had their hearts in it.

"Let's just bring Gaath'lir down for now," she suggested. "Maybe we can get the others to back down then."

Taking the initiative on that, she moved out to get a clearer shot, took aim at the gith knight, and fired.

(Rosalyn moves to E13 and takes a shot at Gaath'lir.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:48 am

Round 1

Rosalyn moves to a clearer shot, her goblin companion close behind. They both fire at the knight standing at the forefront of the group, and though Rosalyn's arrow is deflected by his plate with a snap, the goblin gets a glancing strike on the side of his face, leaving a light score. With a scowl, he moves forward, his sword lighting up in flames as he begins to close the gap between them. Tonuin'li watches the proceedings hesitantly, her hand still hovering over the hilt of her own blade, but she makes no move to intercede.

Round 1
Rosalyn moves from G15 to E13 and fires at Gaath'lir. She misses.
Goblin moves from G16 to D13 and fires at Gaath'lir. She hits (with a natural 20; fails to confirm) for 5 damage.
Gaath'lir moves from H2 to H8 and his sword gains Flaming.
Tonuin'li delays action.

Battle Map

Initiative

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:58 am

Flea threw her cloak back, and pointed at those who would do her harm. "C'mon, I'm the lovable, huggable Flea! You don't really want to hurt me!"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:32 am

Oh whoops, I left Sunny out of the initiative. Updated:

Initiative

Sunny: 23

Edit: To clarify, you're not skipped, Sunny: go ahead and act, and for this round I'll just pretend your action was after Tonuin'li's. And you'll be in the proper place next round.

Angelica
The Doorkeeper

Unread postby Angelica » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:52 pm

Sunny trained an arrow on Mericass. As far as she was concerned, he and Jen'lig were more dangerous than Gaathlir, and if everyone else was just going to ignore them, then Sunny would have to handle them herself.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:30 am

Round 1

Sunny fires an arrow at Mericass; still not quite used to the odd physics of this plane, though, she aims high, and free from the bonds of gravity her arrow fails to dip, flying off into the endless void.

Round 1

Sunny fires at Mericass. She misses (with a natural 1).

Initiative

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Lorraine began walking forward, drawing her longsword as she did so. She held the sword aloft in her right hand while making odd gestures with the left. The especially observant might notice her pinching something shiny and yellow in her free hand, before she simply disappeared.

(Moving to G10 while drawing her weapon as part of her move action and casting Invisibility.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:11 am

Round 1

As Lorraine fades from sight, Mericass conjures his own illusion, bringing forth 5 shifting duplicates of himself all about him, each mimicing his movements perfectly as they shift and cross through one another so quickly, it's impossible to keep track of which is the real gith.

Meanwhile, Gaath'lir scoffs at Flea's comment, not showing a trace of amusement on his face as he focuses on her. "Oh, but I do."

Round 1

Lorraine moves to G10, draws her sword, and casts Invisibility.
Mericass stays in place and casts Mirror Image; 5 images appear.

Gonna give Trivale until 2:30 Eastern before NPCing him, unless Shaun gets in touch with me beforehand.

Battle Map

Initiative

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:05 am

Flea scoffs at Gaath'lir's rebuttal. "Psh. No you don't."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Round 1

Gaath'lir doesn't bother granting Flea another response; and from her side, Trivale moves forward, following Lorraine's lead if not quite in the same way. Concentrating, he focuses on Gaath'lir's mind, blurring over any knowledge of his presence, keeping Gaath'lir unaware of his actions. Meanwhile, as Lorraine fades, Aaron keeps firm at her shoulder, nervous but trusting in her protection. For her end, Eloise keeps close to her master as well, waiting and eager for the command to strike.

Watching her as she fades from sight, Jen'lig chuckles, mimicking her actions. "I'd been curious how you would match up to me, pig! I suppose we'll have the chance to find out now, eh?" And with that, she as well fades from sight.

Christian, with Jen'lig having gone invisible, will Salix still be targeting the square she was in when she cast Invisibility, or will he shift to a different target?

Round 1

Trivale shrugs off his backpack, moves to J11, and uses Cloud Mind against Gaath'lir
Aaron delays action
Eloise delays action
Jen'lig casts Invisibility

Battle Map

Initiative

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Flea rolls her shoulder, bringing her fist back, before flashing forward, ramming it into Gaath'lir's gut with a crack of thunder. "How embarrassing. You're going to get beat up by a girl."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Round 1

After sending Eloise after Mericass, Salix begins channeling his spell; Jen'lig may be out of sight, but hopefully she didn't move. And if she did, they'll still have a target, of course. While he reaches out to call forth the bats, Eloise scurries ahead, ready to strike against her target.

Simultaneously, Flea charges forward, slamming into Gaath'lir's chest, her fist connecting with an audible crack. His plate seems to absorb a good portion of the blow, but he still stumbles back, already readying for a counterstrike against her.

Round 1
Flea charges to H9 and attacks. She hits for 6 damage.
Salix orders Eloise to attack Mericass, and begins casting Summon Swarm on square G1.
Eloise moves to I6.

Battle Map

Initiative

Eloise: 8

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:34 am

Gaath'lir's response had caught Kongunvir by surprise. That only lasted for a second, though, after which the dwarf was grinning. Even if the gith was delusional as Salix said he did believe that he was doing his duty. There was some scrap of loyalty to his liege left in him. He found that respectable.

Not that this revelation changed much in the short term. They'd drawn steel and battle had been joined, the gith relying on their magic to enhance their prowess. He kept that in mind as he charged towards Gaath'lir.

(Charging to I9 and attacking Gaath'lir. He'll also be using Problem Solver to gain the Blind Fight feat for the next 6 rounds.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:31 am

I just realized I left Garick out of initiative too; I must've been using an old chart or something. Sorry, Joe. Same as for Sunny; you can act now, and then at your normal position in the initiative order next round.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:27 am

Round 1

With axe firmly gripped, Kongunvir runs forwards, stopping and spinning it around just before Gaath'lir. It chops into his side, drawing blood, but he's still got plenty of fight left in him yet.

Since it's been a few days with no post, just pressing on ahead.
Round 1
Kongunvir charges to I9 and attacks. He hits for 9 damage.

Battle Map

Initiative

Garick: 23

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Rosalyn didn’t miss Jen’lig’s challenge to Lorraine. It didn’t help to reinforce her hope that the rest of the gith would prove less dedicated to this battle than the knight. Still, if they came up outmatched, maybe they would see reason all the same.

Sticking to the plan in any case, Rosalyn advanced further and took another shot at Gaath’lir, using one of her better arrows this time.

(Moving to E8 and firing at Gaath’lir with a +1 flaming arrow.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:57 am

Round 2

Rosalyn and her student move along the battlefield, bows drawn. Each fires off an arrow at the enraged knight, Rosalyn's Azer-crafted bolt bursting into flames as it shoots towards its target. Both make contact, but they still don't seem to slow him down a bit.

Round 2

Rosalyn moves to E8 and fires a +1 flaming arrow at Gaath'lir from point-blank range. She hits for 9 damage + 1 fire damage.
Goblin moves to F9 and fires at Gaath'lir. She hits (with a natural 20; fails to confirm) for 6 damage.

Battle Map

Initiative

Angelica
The Doorkeeper

Unread postby Angelica » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:44 am

Sunny began to close the distance between herself and her target, leveling another arrow at Mericass as she went.

(Moving to F7 and firing at Mericass.)

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:26 pm

So it was going to be a game of cat and mouse with Jen'Lig. Well, that was something Lorraine had done before. She couldn't use the same trick here, but she had a pretty good feeling idea all the same. She jumped and flew up quickly before turning herself to look down and casting a spell. She knew it would make some noise, but she had a feeling that from this distance she probably wasn't going to be pin-pointed because of a few seconds of whispering. She stared down, and waited for things to come into focus.

(30ft above G-10, looking down and casting Detect magic.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:43 am

Round 2

Sunny moves up, firing an arrow towards the sorcerer, only to find her target an illusion; one of his duplicates breaks out of existence, and they all look to focus their attention on her. Meanwhile, glaring at Gaath'lir, Garick pulls free his hammer and scimitar, swinging them both into the dark knight with a scream, just about knocking him from his feet.

Bruised but not fallen yet, Gaath'lir lets out a scream of his own, swinging his sword into Flea's shoulder. The heat of the blade melts through her body, carving a gouge almost two inches deep. Swinging his blade around, Gaath'lir slices into Garick's arm, but the elf doesn't even seem to notice. Finally, he looks to Kongunvir, almost smirking as his blade begins to glow black. Swinging into his side, he chops through his armor as easily as he did Flea, as the dark energy flows into the wound...to seemingly no effect. Gaath'lir scoffs, spitting out a bit of blood as he does so.

Still unsure, Tonuin'li continues to hold back as Lorraine invisibly flies upwards, searching out across the field for Jen'lig. Across the field, Mericass completes her spell, all 5 copies of him sending a frigid beam aimed right at Sunny. They all make contact, though only one truly damages her, passing through her armor as if it wasn't there and sending a shock through her entire form. And as Sunny is struck, so too is Gaath'lir once more, as Trivale slips up behind him unnoticed and plunges his sword into Gaath'lir's back. While his armor deflects most of the strike, the blade still makes contact, sapping out some blood in the process. At the same moment, Trivale strikes out with his mind, shocking Gaath'lir's mind as much as his body; the knight reels.

Round 2

Sunny moves to F7 and fires at Mericass. She hits, destroying a duplicate.
Garick rages, moves to G8, and attacks Gaath'lir with Power Attack. He hits with his warhammer and his scimitar for 13 + 12 damage.
Gaath'lir attacks Flea with Power Attack. He hits for 14 damage + 6 fire damage. (31/51) Cleave triggers; he attacks Garick with Power Attack. He hits for 20 damage + 1 fire damage. (80/101). Great Cleave triggers; he attacks Kongunvir with Power Attack and Smite Good. Smite Good fails to activate (LN). He hits for 18 damage + 5 fire damage. (51/74)
Tonuin'li delays action.
Lorraine moves to G10 + 30' and casts Detect Magic, looking down.
Mericass casts ice-element Scorching Ray at Sunny. He hits, for 13 cold damage. (20/33)
Trivale moves to H7 and Sneak Attacks Gaath'lir with a Stunning Attack augment (17 DC, 10/19 pp). He hits for 7 damage + 3 dessication damage; Gaath'lir fails his will save and is stunned for one round. Gaath'lir also fails his new save against Cloud mind.
Aaron does nothing.
Jen'lig ???

Battle Map

Initiative

Condition

Flea: 31/51
Garick: 80/101, rage for 13 rounds (+4 Str, +4 Con (+12 HP), +2 Will, -2 AC)
Kongunvir: 51/74
Lorraine: 42/42, invisible for 5.9 minutes
Rosalyn: 46/46
Salix: 28/28
Sunny: 20/33
Trivale: 57/57, mind-clouding Gaath'lir for 5.9 minutes

Aaron: 21/21
Eloise: 31/31
Goblin: 28/28

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs