So yeah Florida

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

So yeah Florida

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:43 am

Hey guys.

Just very recently I found myself the recipient of a surprisingly large severence bonus, and I pretty much went "YAY! I can visit my girlfriend in Florida!"

However, some quick calculations later showed that I'd be paying about... 1600 dollars for the hotel and the ticket there. I was planning on staying for about two weeks.

Now, I can afford this, but it'd be a huge dent in my budget and I would probably have to live off canned beans for most of the stay there ('though it would be worth it)
Which is why I'm wondering if you guys happen to live, or know someone close in Florida, specifically around Pembroke Pines.

I've already applied to couchsurf at a 60-year old lady's place (she seems cool) but I honestly want to cover my ass so that I won't fall into the situation of being without a place to sleep.
While her parents are aware that we're dating... more or less, they don't really approve of me staying at their place for two weeks, or so we believe. I wouldn't blame them.

So if you guys know any way I could stay over there, I'd owe you a billion hugs.

Just, you know, throwing that out there.

<3
"That's not interactive, there's no back-and-forth with the other player and how much fun is it to watch someone incredibly good at moving their eyes? And then whichever Seeker gets lucky swoops in and grabs the Snitch and makes everyone else's work moot. It's like someone took a real game and grafted on this pointless extra position just so that you could be the Most Important Player without needing to really get involved or learn the rest of it. Who was the first Seeker, the King's idiot son who wanted to play Quidditch but couldn't understand the rules?" Actually, now that Harry thought about it, that seemed like a surprisingly good hypothesis. Put him on a broomstick and tell him to catch the shiny thing...

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: So yeah Florida

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:51 pm

Wow. That's... pricey.

I used to live in Flordia, but as far as I know we don't have any ties down there anymore. Sorry.

International travel is rough, man. Best of luck to you.

Edit: I can't spell the names of states. But "Flordia" amuses me, so I'm going to leave it.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:59 pm

You want a flower?

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:41 am

Heyo!

Things actually turned out less pricey than I thought, managed to book a hotel room together with the flight and that was A LOT cheaper than bookingit by myself!

:D
"That's not interactive, there's no back-and-forth with the other player and how much fun is it to watch someone incredibly good at moving their eyes? And then whichever Seeker gets lucky swoops in and grabs the Snitch and makes everyone else's work moot. It's like someone took a real game and grafted on this pointless extra position just so that you could be the Most Important Player without needing to really get involved or learn the rest of it. Who was the first Seeker, the King's idiot son who wanted to play Quidditch but couldn't understand the rules?" Actually, now that Harry thought about it, that seemed like a surprisingly good hypothesis. Put him on a broomstick and tell him to catch the shiny thing...

Return to Discussion Forum