The misadventures of J. Bondoof (mild Black/White spoilers)

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

pd Rydia

The misadventures of J. Bondoof (mild Black/White spoilers)

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Tuesday Evening
Autumn

Dear Journal:

So. Now I have a bidoof.

My friend, Bunny♪, gave it to me. She was really excited. She said that she wanted to give me a pokemon that best represented the Sinnoh region, and she decided that the "ubiquitous bippa" is that pokemon. She told me she traveled to Futaba to get it, which is apparently really far from where she lives in Kissaki.

So, what happens when a friend gives you a gift they spent a lot of time and effort on? Well, you're stuck with it, of course. You know, Bunny♪ acts sweet, but I'd totally think she was pranking me if it didn't come in a special purple pokeball--those things cost tons of poké.

The bidoof has been watching me type the whole time. It's just staring at me with that stupid blank expression. It sheds and kind of stinks, so I told it to sit on the floor, but it moved up onto my bed again. I need to chase it off.

I'll write again later,
Kaedi
Last edited by pd Rydia on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: The misadventures of J. Bondoof

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:25 pm

This already sounds like fun and I look forward to more. :D

pd Rydia

Re: The misadventures of J. Bondoof

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:03 am

Wednesday Morning
Autumn 2011

Dear Journal:

Last night I had a weird dream. I was dreaming about the last battle I had with Plasma's kingpin. Reshiram had awakened, responding to my team's conviction that a world where pokémon and humans work together was not just possible, but worth fighting for. After her test, I healed my team and asked her to begin our last battle. I grabbed her pokéball--an expensive dusk ball that's green with a dark interior--and threw it to begin the battle. But now...? Somehow, it was a white and purple pokéball with red bumps. And the bidoof jumped out.

With an angry cry, the bidoof threw itself against Zekrom and furiously gnawed her ankles. Zekrom hopped about and tried to snap at it, but couldn't quite reach. The whole time, the bidoof was growling and drooling and staring blankly at Zekrom and me and the other pokemon. We all stood still, stupified. Eventually, it slipped off Zekrom's leg (probably the drool) and the ancient pokemon fled, casting us one last, baleful glare.

Kaedi
Last edited by pd Rydia on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: The misadventures of J. Bondoof (mild Black/White spoile

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:08 pm

Wednesday Afternoon
Fall!

Dear Person!

I really wish Zoroark would stop trying to imitate everyone else!

I already like you little guy! Girl! JUST BE YOURSELF.

You keep making me confused and getting yourself punched in the face when I forget you're not as level 49 a Dannogorf is!

-Tareen The Magnificent!

(This happens A LOT.)
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:00 pm

Wednesday Day
Autumn 2011

Dear Mom,

Thanks for the cookies you sent me! They were delicious. The pokemon loved the berries, too. Thanks for remembering to send two for Hydranma; she's become such a handful since evolving. I don't know what I'll do when she becomes a hydreigon!

So I did get to meet up with Bunny♪ like I said I was going to do. She gave me a Sinnoh pokemon! It's actually kind of a...um...handful, so I thought I might come visit early and swing by the Professor's place and ask her advice on its care (and maybe find out if it's a boy or girl!) I'd hate to be a burden, so let me know if you already have plans. Archducky loves to spend time with you, so she'll be happy to carry the return letter for you.

We're all looking forward to visiting you! Love,
Kaedi

Thursday Morning
Autumn 2011

Dear Kaedi, Hi Sweetheart! Of COURSE you and the pokemon can come by early! I'd LOVE to have you for the extra days! You will stay the extra days, right? I'll bake you cookies if you do! :):):) Oh, I can't wait to see Hydranma and your new pokemon and everyone else, too! Your pokemon are just all so sweet and cute and helpful! BTW, I hope you don't mind, but Archducky looked tired so I let her rest while I made us a berry sandwich. She still looked hungry so I fed her another few berries, and then she looked sleepy so let her rest until morning. She had a few more berries for breakfast (aren't you feeding your pokemon enough?) and kept me company while I watched my favorite program and wrote your letter. I'll give her the letter to deliver to you after my stories wrap up. LOTS OF LOVE, Mom.
Last edited by pd Rydia on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:00 pm

Thursday Day
Autumn 2011

Dear Journal:

Today, I woke up 3 hours before dawn. I heard a loud thud, and then I somehow hit my head on the headboard. Then there was another thud, and I hit my head again. Then a happy "bippadoof!" noise as the bidoof crawled up next to me.

So, Journal, just in case you are ever in a similar situation: don't try to keep a bidoof out of your bed by telling it to "stop jumping onto the bed". It will just find another, more destructive way to get onto the bed. Like gnawing off the legs so it can simply climb up.

I never quite fell asleep again with the stench of that pokémon next to me. In the morning, I had to explain what happened to the innkeep, show him the room, and pay him for damages. It was incredibly embarrassing. To make it worse, a ranger overheard our exchange and went on an angry spiel about how it should be illegal for anyone to own exotic pokémon without a license. Ugh, those people.

At least something good came today. Archducky finally came back from Mom's. Mom says we can come visit early! I hope Professor Juniper has some advice for me, because I'm about at the end of my last escape rope!

Guarding the last bits of my sanity,
Kaedi

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Monday Afternoon
Autumn 2011

Dear Journal:

Sorry, I haven't written in a while!

So, I finally got to bring Jay (that's the bidoof, Mom named him) in to see Professor Juniper. She was really interested in examining him, of course, and I wanted more information about him, myself.

She picked him up and put him on this computery looking exam table, then started tapping away at a keyboard. I guess she was getting his "numbers" or whatever, I dunno much about that stuff. The professor told me to stand away from the table so it would work right, so I did.

But here's the funny part-- Jay wouldn't stay put! He kept trying to walk back to my side, completely ignoring Professor Juniper's entreaties to stay still. The professor was freaking out! The bidoof would waddle toward me and, just as he got to the edge of the table, Juniper would rush over and push him back toward the center of the table. She'd then rush back to type at her keyboard as he resume waddling, then rush back to push him back again. I managed to not let the professor see me laughing.

I'm not all bad, though. I only let it go on for a minute (okay, maybe two minutes). Then I said-- "Jay! Show Professor Juniper how cute you are when you curl up! A defense curl, Jay!" And Jay became a ball of brown fluff. Immobile, of course.

The professor was a bit disgruntled with me after that, and fairly threw us out of the lab when she finished whatever it was she started doing. But at least I found out that my bidoof was male. Mom was thrilled to learn this, and immediately started suggesting possible new names (even though she had already named him after her favorite crush from one of her stories).

Speaking of which, Mom's watching it right now. Jay's probably resting next to her, staring at the screen and drooling onto a towel Mom has provided him. I'm so grateful for Mom--without her, I'd have no respite from the bidoof.

Almost feeling restful,
Kaedi

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn