Hello!

A haven of general sanity and simplicity--this is the place for all ye new posters, chatters, and RPers to post your introductions, questions, and general whatnot. Come in and break the ice!

Moderator: pd Rydia

Angelica
The Doorkeeper

Hello!

Unread postby Angelica » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:19 pm

I love RPGs, and I want more of them. That is why I'm here. I've never tried RPing online, but I'm curious to see if I like it, and I'm really excited about the prospect of getting involved with new games and new people.

Also, why is there an adorable bunny with a pancake(?) on its head??? :bunny:

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: Hello!

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:01 pm

Why hello there person I certainly do not know. >.> <.<

Welcome to the forum!

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:30 pm

Welcome! If there's any games here you're interested in in particular, feel free to PM the GM of that game and ask if there's an opening.

As for the bunny, does there need to be a reason? :D

Angelica
The Doorkeeper

Unread postby Angelica » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Why, hello there Mr. Rice President. It's an honor to meet you.

Idran1701, I am super excited if that is a House of Leaves reference in your profile. That book is awesome. I tried to get someone to read it, but apparently finishing books is hard. To be fair, though, it is a pretty long, complicated book.
Also, thanks for the advice. I'll have to go take a look around the RP forum. =)

And you have a point, the bunny is definitely cute enough to stand on its own, although it made more sense after I looked up dorayaki... =P

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:58 pm

Angelica wrote:Idran1701, I am super excited if that is a House of Leaves reference in your profile. That book is awesome. I tried to get someone to read it, but apparently finishing books is hard. To be fair, though, it is a pretty long, complicated book.

It is!

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:33 am

Welcome welcome, a hundred welcomes!

When I first got here, every RP was up in like 50 pages, or something, and being the horribly lazy easily intimidated person I am, I was just sitting around waiting for a new one to start that I could sign up with.

That is, until Idran decided I should join his game. :<

Anyway, what I'm saying is, you don't need to read the whole backlog of a game if you don't want to. Usually you can get a summary from the GM in question, or stuff. New characters pop up all the time, so it'd make sense that they don't know every little detail about what's happened before their arrival.

So don't be scared, be... uh... prepared?
"That's not interactive, there's no back-and-forth with the other player and how much fun is it to watch someone incredibly good at moving their eyes? And then whichever Seeker gets lucky swoops in and grabs the Snitch and makes everyone else's work moot. It's like someone took a real game and grafted on this pointless extra position just so that you could be the Most Important Player without needing to really get involved or learn the rest of it. Who was the first Seeker, the King's idiot son who wanted to play Quidditch but couldn't understand the rules?" Actually, now that Harry thought about it, that seemed like a surprisingly good hypothesis. Put him on a broomstick and tell him to catch the shiny thing...

Angelica
The Doorkeeper

Unread postby Angelica » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:57 pm

A hundred thank yous?

You make a very good point, especially with midterms coming up. On the other hand, I hope I can go through and read just for fun, if I suddenly and magically have time. =P

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:23 pm

/squint

Do I know you?

Return to The Newcomers Forum