I miss this place.

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Taiar

I miss this place.

Unread postby Taiar » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:23 am

So I've never been very active on this forum for the length of my stay here and it's no secret. But I found my forum-fingers, if you wanna call it that, recently in life and have been RPing at various places to varying levels of enjoyment, and I just gotta say...

... Man, I took you guys for granted. I'm in that wild wild world of the internet now and sampling the writing of other forums and god... I just wanna die sometimes. It's just... terrifying.

Sigh. RPGWW, so skilled and blissful were you. Like being tossed out from paradise and into the jungles of bad grammar and 3rd grade sentence structure.

*Sob*

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Re: I miss this place.

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:23 pm

My mysteriously cloaked figure sneaks up behind you with his flaming sword of holy righteous divine blessing. =(

Also: Good to hear from ya! I've been kinda (read: VERY) lax on keeping tabs here myself.
I blame EQ2 and working the night shift heh. =x

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:01 pm

:D

I felt exactly the same way. I've been doing a lot of off-board RPing, and it's kind of terrifying how good you've gotten at spotting games that'll collapse on themselves, not to mention how prepared and ready you are for a game that ends pre-emptively. Some people get all worked up about it :/

ANYWAY

Welcome back! :D
"That's not interactive, there's no back-and-forth with the other player and how much fun is it to watch someone incredibly good at moving their eyes? And then whichever Seeker gets lucky swoops in and grabs the Snitch and makes everyone else's work moot. It's like someone took a real game and grafted on this pointless extra position just so that you could be the Most Important Player without needing to really get involved or learn the rest of it. Who was the first Seeker, the King's idiot son who wanted to play Quidditch but couldn't understand the rules?" Actually, now that Harry thought about it, that seemed like a surprisingly good hypothesis. Put him on a broomstick and tell him to catch the shiny thing...

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:37 pm

It's mindboggling that I've had better luck finding capable roleplayers in meatspace than on forums, somehow. Though, I guess, considering the group I'm running for, I may be defining "capable" in a very liberal sense. Hm.

Nope, still better than a lot of the wankery I've seen on forums. I blame the aimlessness of non-GM'd setups.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:22 am

Heh. "Meatspace."
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:02 am

I agree with all of you. Dear lord... do you realise what this place is? Stable, full of people who like each other, filled with good writers... we are an anomaly, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Seriously, love all y'all. Merry Christmuhanakwanzakah to you.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:00 pm

*non-elemetal attack*

*Charles dies*

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:48 am

*Lurks*

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:02 am

Man, I used to have some jean shorts like that too. I slept in them shits man. Eventually I blew the crotch out them things. But you can't wear them every day and expect them to hold up. That was some nice-ass denim too..

I miss them shorts. But you - you got to take 'em off every now and then.
You gotta take 'em off, son

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:51 am

For my Niece's birthday I won her a baby made out of tickets:

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:42 am

I won't lie, I've been just fine on Backloggery, but there will always be something about this place. I can never forget it for good.

I blame Idran.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:13 pm

It's funny, I used to spend all the time here and tell Mike about it, now he spends all the time here and tells me about it. :ghost:

So how about that PAX?

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:20 pm

I still need to reserve my flights for PAX. Had trouble finding layovers less than 4 hours.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:44 am

Still haven't paid Brian for the hotel :p
"That's not interactive, there's no back-and-forth with the other player and how much fun is it to watch someone incredibly good at moving their eyes? And then whichever Seeker gets lucky swoops in and grabs the Snitch and makes everyone else's work moot. It's like someone took a real game and grafted on this pointless extra position just so that you could be the Most Important Player without needing to really get involved or learn the rest of it. Who was the first Seeker, the King's idiot son who wanted to play Quidditch but couldn't understand the rules?" Actually, now that Harry thought about it, that seemed like a surprisingly good hypothesis. Put him on a broomstick and tell him to catch the shiny thing...

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:16 pm

That's ok. We'll just steal one of your kidneys while you're alseep and sell it. That should be (way) more than enough.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:43 am

I still need to pick up plane tickets too. Hrm... Hey, Christian! Get us that kidney now, and me and Brian can split the proceeds! I can get my flight, and even pick up a wallscroll or two with what's left over!

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:24 pm

Well, no, see, that doesn't work. If he's not going to send me the money for his share of the hotel, he's not going to send us a kidney, either. The key takeaway here is that he's lazy. Even lazier than us. That's why we have to be proactive!

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:36 am

So... hire a hooker to pretend to fall in love with him and then cut out and deliver his kidney when he's vulnerable?

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:43 am

How cost-ineffective! How expensive can a plane flight be to get out there to collect it yourself?
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Hello?

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:33 am

So wait, no one's going to comment on how cute the capn's niece is with her ticket-baby and her outfit from the 80's?

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Nope.
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Shini and I are born under opposed stars, cursed to be 'ski-ball' rivals until such time as we destroy each other.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:03 am

Now I'm imagining some kind of ridiculous over-the-top Skee-Ball anime/manga.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:27 pm

It worked for Mahjong.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:18 pm

And baseball. And soccer. And Go. And...

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:39 pm

Tennis.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Nothing will ever beat Yakitate!! Japan in that realm.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:40 pm

... I might have to give this a try.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:35 pm

Capntastic wrote:Nothing will ever beat Yakitate!! Japan in that realm.

HANDS OF THE SUN!

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:10 pm

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:00 pm

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Those fucking hands. Reminds me of why I loved that comic.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:18 am

*wakes up again* o.o welcome back Taiar. Good to "see" you again.
"PUSH WINE RACK ON THE WEST WALL:

It won't budge. You are too weak. If only your ability to carry seventy different objects of various sizes, shapes, and wieldliness transfered over into some sort of physical strength, but alas, it is more due to your special pants than your capabilities as a juggler." -If Only...

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Yeah, I miss this place too!

True story, I haven't ever RPed after the period at RPGWW. That's not to say I'm adverse to it, there just isn't any place as inspiring as this form is/was.

It's great to see people like Ash and Taiar popping up every now and again. I think that's a testament to the power of this forum. I mean, geez, I first came to this place over 10 years ago, I think.
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:01 pm

Easily over 10 years ago.

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:48 am

This forum will be here eternally, forever as a monument to...

... Things.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:45 am

Think it's been about... 14 years, maybe 13, since I first came to the RPGW-forum. Good times. I barely remember the first time. It was like a... like a protozea... we were just bacteria, drifting, making internet jokes, laughing at how obviously Eikre was Galgarion.

Then... slowly... the sprites took form.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:31 pm

ChristianC wrote:Think it's been about... 14 years, maybe 13, since I first came to the RPGW-forum. Good times. I barely remember the first time. It was like a... like a protozea... we were just bacteria, drifting, making internet jokes, laughing at how obviously Eikre was Galgarion.

Then... slowly... the sprites took form.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!.... wait... was I supposed to do that yet? O.o;;;

Yeah I haven't RPed much since this place, nor sprited as hardcore as I used to. e__e *sighs* I'm slacking off.
"PUSH WINE RACK ON THE WEST WALL:

It won't budge. You are too weak. If only your ability to carry seventy different objects of various sizes, shapes, and wieldliness transfered over into some sort of physical strength, but alas, it is more due to your special pants than your capabilities as a juggler." -If Only...

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Next

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn