Current Music OCD

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Current Music OCD

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Yup, not dead. =O

Anyways!
So, I have this tendency to replay the hell out of individual songs.
Usually when it's a new song I've recently stumbled upon.
Today's lucky winner is a song by Pink - "Raise your Glass"
I think I'm on listen #10 right now. =x

Anyone else find themselves doing this recently with some choice music?

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Re: Current Music OCD

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:08 pm

Lately, whenever I've got Muse's "Black Holes and Revelations" disc in, I can hardly help myself from repeating the "Map of the Problematique" track, over, and over, and over. Kind of makes me want to make a music video to it, really.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:57 pm

I once listened to "The Real Folk Blues" for 3 days straight.

... It was awesome.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:01 pm

PriamNevhausten wrote:Lately, whenever I've got Muse's "Black Holes and Revelations" disc in, I can hardly help myself from repeating the "Map of the Problematique" track, over, and over, and over. Kind of makes me want to make a music video to it, really.

The only song I have off of that album is Assassin, downloaded off of iTunes specifically because the intro sounds like boss music out of Mario 2.
Yo dawg I heard you like memes so I put a meme in your meme so you can meme while you meme.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:10 pm

That's what pisses me off about that song. In the beginning, it sounds like it's going to be good.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:20 am

I know the feeling FF Fanatic. e.e For me it's stuff like "Another Way to Die" by Disturbed and "Supervillain" by Powerman 5000.

but at least it keeps the demons out... wait... did i say that out loud?? o.o;;
"PUSH WINE RACK ON THE WEST WALL:

It won't budge. You are too weak. If only your ability to carry seventy different objects of various sizes, shapes, and wieldliness transfered over into some sort of physical strength, but alas, it is more due to your special pants than your capabilities as a juggler." -If Only...

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:42 pm

It's a fifteen-second tune at the most, but I just can't get enough of it.

MORNING LESCUEEEEEEEE

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:11 am

These two youtube music videos (one british one from the 50s, one japanese one from the 70s) have easily gotten over 50 plays in the past 3 days.

Three Cool Cats - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Q5MK-ZcLY

Watashi no Kare wa Hidarikiki (My Boyfriend is Left-Handed) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4JsM4RxghM

Asaoka Megumi is so dreamy... :kettle:
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn