Kate's thread of really random shit

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: Kate's thread of really random shit

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:43 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:02 pm

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:24 pm

Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:19 am

A lot of people really like Final Fantasy 4. When I played it, I found the battles to be tremendously boring. And now, thanks to the hard work of Tool-Assisted Superplayers, I know why.

Selected excerpt:
Bad Glitches
1. Lose Critical Attack Ability: There are two ways to lose critical attack ability. The first is to be in the group and be in a position where in the next "auto-fight" (such as when Tellah fights Edward or Cecil fights Kain) the character's spot is not taken up by one of the NPC fighters. Meaning that in the case where Golbez and FuSoYa are fighting against Zemus, if there is a character on the team that still has crit, he can keep his critical attack by being in the same position as either one of those characters. Or he would lose it if he was in a different position. However, it was later also discovered that the characters that aren't in the "auto-fight" will retain critical attacks IF and only if the group on the right dies.

The second way to lose critical attack ability is to be dead when a fight starts. In both these cases there is no way to regain critical strike ability. Not by saving and reseting the game, powering off, sleeping in an inn, leaving the party, or any other number of ways you could think of. The ability to critical strike is lost forever if either of these conditions are met.

I never imagined. Never, ever. There's lots more interesting system-crunchy stuff on that page, too, but holy shit.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHAA_CgW ... r_embedded

This may be a very convincing advertisement for Saints Row 3.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:48 pm

It would be, if I hadn't already seen this:

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:40 pm

PriamNevhausten wrote:A lot of people really like Final Fantasy 4. When I played it, I found the battles to be tremendously boring. And now, thanks to the hard work of Tool-Assisted Superplayers, I know why.

Wow! That's interesting stuff.

Previous

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn