Shameless self-promotion (Teaching Blog)

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Shameless self-promotion (Teaching Blog)

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:22 am

Hello folks.

I have been retelling, to some of you, my wonderful adventures of being a student-teacher anomality, and since I think many of my awesome encounters might be an interesting waste of time read, I figured I should drop a link to a blog I started recently.

http://crystalizedcoke.blogspot.com/

I've checked fairly thoroughly the national laws of School confidentiality, and while you may be able to find out what school I'm working on, seeing as you know my name, I am fairly confident that I am keeping sensitive information bland and unspecific enough that I am in fact not violating any laws.

Also, warning for wall of text. Hopefully, later posts will be more bite-sized and manageable, but seeing as I will be establishing the context of what I'm doing before I continue, the first few will be quite a read.

If there's anything I'm being vague about, or something you think is missing, please leave a comment. I haven't blogged before, so I don't really know how much information I need to share.

:nyoron:
"That's not interactive, there's no back-and-forth with the other player and how much fun is it to watch someone incredibly good at moving their eyes? And then whichever Seeker gets lucky swoops in and grabs the Snitch and makes everyone else's work moot. It's like someone took a real game and grafted on this pointless extra position just so that you could be the Most Important Player without needing to really get involved or learn the rest of it. Who was the first Seeker, the King's idiot son who wanted to play Quidditch but couldn't understand the rules?" Actually, now that Harry thought about it, that seemed like a surprisingly good hypothesis. Put him on a broomstick and tell him to catch the shiny thing...

pd Rydia

Re: Shameless self-promotion (Teaching Blog)

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:26 am

Do you remember Bunnygirle26? I remember reading about her student-teacher adventures over on deviantArt a few years back. I don't think she comes on here much anymore, but she may be interested in your blog.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:32 am

Huh, I didn't know she was studying to become one! I'll check her out on DevArt then :D
"That's not interactive, there's no back-and-forth with the other player and how much fun is it to watch someone incredibly good at moving their eyes? And then whichever Seeker gets lucky swoops in and grabs the Snitch and makes everyone else's work moot. It's like someone took a real game and grafted on this pointless extra position just so that you could be the Most Important Player without needing to really get involved or learn the rest of it. Who was the first Seeker, the King's idiot son who wanted to play Quidditch but couldn't understand the rules?" Actually, now that Harry thought about it, that seemed like a surprisingly good hypothesis. Put him on a broomstick and tell him to catch the shiny thing...

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:34 pm

Oh hey, all of a sudden, World of Warcraft.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:58 am

What? I thought you were off the stuff! I thought you got CLEAN! And NOW look at you! All hopped up on WoWie sauce like a coked out hoochie mama! e_e

Return to Discussion Forum