I Cast God's Wrath!

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

I Cast God's Wrath!

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:16 am

... like, YHWH wrath.

Bible Battles

... this is hilarious.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: I Cast God's Wrath!

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:59 pm

I don't have any creatures in play

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:17 pm

"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:41 pm

... kinda just walked right into that one, didn't I?

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:11 pm

Yes.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

la_chibi

Unread postby la_chibi » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:15 am

Part of me wonders how many are actually bought just for the HAK PIE.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:34 am

Lys' post remind me:

[word that should be restricted to something artistic].

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:25 am

A well-done biblical TCG would be awesome. One person plays God, the other Satan, and then it's pretty much apocalypse time.
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:17 am

I agree, Molo, the Bible mythology could make for some badass game foundation. But such a game as you propose would require:

[1] Someone who knows the Bible well,
[2] the same someone being okay with taking part in a project that will lead to the Bible being treated irreverently en masse, and
[3] someone who can make a good CCG

It's difficult enough to find 1 and 2 together, but the intersection with 3? Null set. Good games are hard to make.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:33 am

I have confidence that I qualify for 1 and 2, but I may need some help for 3. Any takers?!
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:52 am

I actually think that 1 and 2 are borderline contradictory. If you know the Bible well, then you are likely aware of some of the abject silliness therein. It's hard to make an accurate biblical concept when the Bible itself changes its mind periodically throughout its text.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:07 pm

PriamNevhausten wrote:I actually think that 1 and 2 are borderline contradictory. If you know the Bible well, then you are likely aware of some of the abject silliness therein. It's hard to make an accurate biblical concept when the Bible itself changes its mind periodically throughout its text.

That sounds like a pretty good reason for someone who knows the material well to not take it too seriously, actually. Example: Shan was a big fan of Kingdom Hearts, but we still spent a good hour ripping the Hell out of it one time, and it was better because she understood exactly what parts of it are goofworthy.

... maybe that doesn't illustrate my point well... whatever.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:18 am

BrainWalker wrote:
PriamNevhausten wrote:I actually think that 1 and 2 are borderline contradictory. If you know the Bible well, then you are likely aware of some of the abject silliness therein. It's hard to make an accurate biblical concept when the Bible itself changes its mind periodically throughout its text.

That sounds like a pretty good reason for someone who knows the material well to not take it too seriously, actually. Example: Shan was a big fan of Kingdom Hearts, but we still spent a good hour ripping the Hell out of it one time, and it was better because she understood exactly what parts of it are goofworthy.

... maybe that doesn't illustrate my point well... whatever.

I get it. It's a decent analogy, considering how protective some nerds can get of their favorite games.

While someone with trait 3 may be hard to find, it's probably not unlikely such a person possesses trait 2, and can then acquire trait 1 by attending an entry-level college class or two. Assuming the process of making the game is primarily a one-person affair.

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn