Child's Play: Playground (CI thread)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Child's Play: Playground (CI thread)

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat May 08, 2010 10:01 pm

July 20th,
The Database: Storefront.

As the Wunderkind return home and are transferred back into their digital world for the time being, while their bodies are repaired and diagnostics are run, they get a server message:

The Storefront is open for business.

Now they can spend their credits on personal items for their rooms, and clothes to wear over their uniforms- In the digital world, at least.

As they make their way towards the big glass doors that lead to the digital shopping mall, they notice Kid leaning against the wall, still looking very, very upset.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: Child's Play: Playground (CI thread)

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun May 09, 2010 3:07 pm

Sam starts for the doors, wondering what exactly he might want to buy here, when he sees Kid to the side, looking sad. He heads up to her slowly, sad himself to see that she looks so hurt. "Kid? Are you okay?"

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun May 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Enzo was quick to enter after Sam, looking around and trying to take it all in at once... Which meant it didn't take long for his eyes to land on Kid, still looking angry and hurt. Well great. Just what they needed on their first day in the database mall. Enzo sort of shrank behind Sam a bit, letting him start the conversation. If things got awkward, it would be easier to get away that way.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun May 09, 2010 4:09 pm

"Yeah." Kid says. "Yeah, I'm fine. Not that you guys would care."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun May 09, 2010 7:03 pm

"...Um...okay..." Sam looks a little confused at Kid's attitude towards him, but a sudden memory distracts him from being too worried about it. "Oh!" He takes book-sized black case out of a nonexistant pocket, holding it out to Kid. "You said you liked kung fu movies an' stuff, so I thought maybe you'd like this. It's all the Tommy Ngo movies. I dunno a lot about him, but I asked someone and they said he's like the best kung fu guy."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun May 09, 2010 11:14 pm

"He's fantastic!"

Silvie bounced towards Sam, only vaguely aware of what they were talking about. All she heard was something about Tommy Ngo, but that's all she needed to hear. He was awesome! Heck, not just him - this whole day was awesome! She got to talk to Ellastic! Ellastic!

Her enthusiasm over it had yet to die. As chipper as ever, she asked, "So, you got some of his movies? Which ones you got?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon May 10, 2010 3:51 pm

Alexis had already entered the digital world before the others... but she'd been distracted by the storefront message and had kind of... managed to miss Kid, until the others arrived.

Hey guys... she saw Kid and hurried over to her, looking concerned.

Have they finished your body yet? How's training going? Do you need any pointers? We haven't been wunderkind long, but if there's anything...

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Kid takes the movies, losing much of her anger-steam doing so. "This is...Not actually supposed to be out yet."

As Silvie approaches she nods, showing the box set. "Um..All of them. Including Kicks of the Northern Sun. That one's not even supposed to EXIST!"

She hands the set to Silvie, allowing her to peruse them, as Alexis speaks mentally. "..Um, no. They didn't. There's..Complications. I don't want to talk about it, okay?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:18 pm

Sam smiles to Kid. "Yeah, I had to get help findin' it. I think it's all of them ever, yeah. I'm glad you like it!"

As she responds to Alexis, Sam's mood falls a little, and he nods to her. "'s okay. Are you feelin' okay about it? You don't hafta talk about what's goin' on or anything, but if you wanna talk jus' about how you're feeling an' stuff, it's okay. We're all family, remember?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed May 26, 2010 3:22 am

Alexis nodded in agreement with Sam, looking a little worried herself. But she didn't want to push it if Kid didn't want to talk about it. Then something struck her and she took Kid's hand into hers, very gently, barely holding it.

Kid? she looked at her with wide eyes, a slight blush of embarrassment creeping up, Could... could you teach me a little about how to fight? You're really good and... and I'd like to learn from you, if it's okay.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:12 pm

"Um...Yeah." Kid says, mildly surprised. "I could..probably do that real quick."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed May 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Silvie looked over the back of the box while the others talked, but suddenly snapped up.

"Huh? Do what real quick?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:13 pm

"Oh, teach Alexis some fighting moves."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed May 26, 2010 11:57 pm

Alexis beamed a little, she hadn't expected Kid to accept so readily, and she nodded several times in a row.

Thank you Kid! Is there anyway we can go, or maybe we can train here? Do I need to prepare anything? Is this going to hurt?

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:23 am

"Oh, cool, that sounds neat Kid! Is it okay if we watch too? I never saw people fight with martial arts an' stuff before."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun May 30, 2010 11:15 pm

"I saw some kids do Tai Kwan Do and stuff back at my old school," she said, "But this is different. Like, this is way cooler than that, right?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon May 31, 2010 5:05 am

"Yeah, you can watch...We should probably use the training room, though." Kid says. "And, I use a bunch of styles, so...I dunno, it might be cooler to you."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon May 31, 2010 1:25 pm

What's Tae Kwon Do? Alexis looked between Silvie and Kid briefly. Is it some kind of martial arts?

She realized, just as she asked, that she knew what it was. Apparently it was part of the 'common files' stored in her mind, and her helpful semi-cybernetic brain-code thing had gotten the file and information out for her.

Oh... um... yeah, I'd like to try to learn how to fight... I might be better able to take care of myself if I go scouting ahead of the rest of you.

Return to Other RPs