Death to the Divine (Semi-Closed Scion RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
ElComodoro
The Bard(With optional 1000 sands attachment)

Re: Death to the Divine (Semi-Closed Scion RP)

Unread postby ElComodoro » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:44 am

Suddenly, everything made sense. He hadn’t anticipated it, hadn’t known, but somehow he had inadvertently walked into a great confluence. The golem’s quick explanation, and the appearance of the other heralds, including his father’s, set his mind turning. So these two, the fascinating woman and the ordered man, were the children of gods. Which ones was as yet unclear, but if the father’s themselves were coming, he would find out soon enough.

The imminent arrival of the deposed Lord of Creation neither disturbed nor embarrassed Tepiltzin, as it seemed it did to the other two. In fact, it thrilled him. Since his realization of his heritage, he had been left mostly to his own desires, a dark Prince whose goals were those held by his father. He had spent the intervening years sowing discord, panic and pain, reveling in the desecration of virtue and the rise of vice that he inspired. His Father had been proud. Not that he had acted solely out of a desire to please his father. Far from it. He was, in more ways than one, a true child of chaos and vice, an image to make any parent proud. Now, however, Tezcatlipoca had a task, a test of Tepiltzin’s piety, one he would not fail.

The presence of the other Scions did not particularly upset him either. He had always known of the other arrogant Pantheons, a small gift of knowledge he had gained from his father’s mirror. The other gods were weak and spineless, squeamish inbreeds who chance had elevated beyond their right. They would fall, unable to face the Titans arrayed before them. Only the Atzlanti knew where true power lay, and knew what must be done, what must be sacrificed to ensure the continuity of the world. No, no, let the other scions pay homage to their pathetic fathers, ignorant of the truth of their existence. Let them wallow in their ritual and their halfhearted sacrifices. Their blood would be shed before the end, fuel for a new world. For if the blood of mortals could hold such power, what of the blood of Gods? Tezcatlipoca knew this. He had sacrificed his own foot to save the world, and in so doing, ensured its existence beyond doubt.

Tepiltzin straightened up, the headache forgotten, relaxed and smiling. He ignored the golem and the wraith, and found his way to a table nearest his Father’s herald. He had encountered beings like that before, when they had carried messages to him from his father. They were a construction of the gods, imperfect re-creations of beings found in the smoking mirror to serve as messengers. Those in the mirror were manifestations of fate, invisible and intangible, at the same time existing and not. They were inscrutable, never part of the events portrayed, but always present, watching, or waiting or perhaps even pulling the strings. He pulled the knife from its sheath at his back and opened his palm. With the blade tip, he cut a small incision along his palm, not deep but enough to elicit a line of blood. With the flat of the blade, he gathered the beads, standing them along the sharpened edge. He then closed his palm. It wasn’t a lot of blood, hardly any in fact, but it was a gesture. He placed Xiuhcoatl reverently on the table before him, hilt towards the center, blade towards him and sat, the entire ritual an act of fealty and respect for the arrival of the gods.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:31 am

Rodica nodded quietly to the apparition as it spoke to her, eyes still fairly wide. It was clear that whatever treatment the two others had received from their celestial parent, Rodica hadn't... "More? What more can I do? I'm tr-" she stopped as the golem and the ghost began to argue, and she just sighed, looking at the others, the expression on her face quite easy to read. She had no idea what was going on.

...then she saw how 'Adrian' was cutting himself in his hand, and she gave a shake of her head. "Alright, alright... what is going on here? Gods? Mortals? Talking mirrors and tiny iron men? Who are you two?" she took a deep breath from her cigar and blew the smoke through her nostrils, obviously slightly upset at what was going on. She tried to gather her thoughts and nodded to herself... this could just as well be a hallucination... but the last time... the only time she'd met her father, things had been like this too... the rest of the world kind of just... stopping... and how he'd looked... sure, she'd had a hunch, but... gods?

"Could... could someone just... What the hell are you doing?" she exclaimed as she saw how Tepiltzin cut his hand. "What the hell is going on?!

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:25 pm

Don looked over at Rodica and sighed, rubbing his eyes. "My name is Don Tonious. My father is Hephaestus, the smith-god. I guess your friend over there came from...Tets-cat-lee-pokah?" He pronounced the unfamiliar name slowly. "I can't say I'm familiar with that god, but my degree is in engineering, not classics." He began to root around in the bag he brought with him and removed a pair of worn brown leather gloves with small metal studs on the knuckles and a device like a ten-inch ruler on steroids. He pulled the gloves on slowly, almost reverently, and flexed his fingers. "I guess you're new to being one of us, huh? My true father showed up thirteen years ago at a Renaissance fair where I was working as a smith - turns out metalwork was a hobby I was destined to have - and told me. I always knew I was a test-tube baby and my mother had asked the sperm bank to make sure my biological father was somebody smart, but knowing I was half god came as a shock. Whose daughter are you?"

He noticed Tepiltzin and the knife at that moment. "What are you doing?" Don called, confused.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:57 pm

"...Rodica... I'm Rodica Dragomir." she shook her head, still a look of great confusion plastered on her face. "Hephaestus? The greek god? ...what, like... you're a smith, so you're the son of Hephaestus? Or are you like... the best blacksmith?" She sighed as she took another breath of the cigar and blew another wobbly ring, tapping the end to let some ash down into the tray. It felt like the most natural thing in this situation, and it calmed her down a bit.

"One of us? ...look, I don't... " memories of that bar in New Orleans flowed into her mind, but... he'd never told her... "I think... I think maybe I should... drink some water." she got up unsteadily, walking over to the bar, pouring herself a glass of water from the tap. "He never... I mean... Tezcatlipoca? The Aztec...? Why would... I mean... gods aren't real..." she looked at the messengers and just... blinked. She felt stupid just saying that, considering the evidence right before her eyes. "This was... some kind of military experiment, right?"

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:41 am

Tepiltzin laughed, loudly. He looked at Rodica. “A military experiment? Don’t insult your heritage so. You, Rodica Dragomir, are the inheritor of a sublime gift, fit only for the daughter of a god. Yes, they are very real, and your father comes to greet you tonight, as does his,” he guestured at Don without looking, his eyes never leaving Rodica’s face, “and as does mine.”
He walked over to her and placed his hand gently on her upper arm, “You are a scion of a great being. Divine blood flows in your veins. The world is your plaything, to manipulate and shape as you see fit,” he reached over and grabbed a drink off the bar and offered it to her, “Too life”

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:25 pm

"I was lying about the military experiment part," Don said with a sigh. "It's all divine power that's doing this."

Don pressed a few particular spots on his slide rule and slapped it against his shoe. It whirred audibly, then seemed to open out into something much larger, new lengths of light-colored wood telescoping out of it from nowhere. Over the course of a few seconds it seemed to take the shape of a long pole, until the slide portion of the original ruler blossomed into a wickedly-tipped and ornate bronze spearhead. Don clapped the butt of it against the ground, reveling in its solidity, and sat with it on his lap to wait for his father, regarding Rodica with a tired expression.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

"

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:12 pm

Rodica closed her eyes for a moment, pinching the bridge of her nose as the world was literally swept fom underneath her feet. After a little while she took the drink offered to her and sighed, downing it in one go, hissing loudly as the strong alcohol slid down her throat like a living fire.

"...To life..." she muttered hoarsely, setting down the glass.

After a few seconds of nose-breathing she opened her eyes again and shook her head slightly. "Look... I don't know who my father is, but you really think he's a god? That I'm some kind of god?" she chuckled slightly, but she seemed a lot less sure in her doubt now, especially with 'Adrian' making his rather heartfelt revelation, and Don's show of spear-cum-slide ruler. "...He didn't say anything about this... this 'god-thing' when I saw him. Didn't say anything..." the cigar was on the floor, forgotten. She gave Tepiltzin a nod and seemed to calm down a bit, drawing her hands through her hair, deciding to wait for the arrival of her father.

"...Just hope he won't punch me again..." she muttered half for herself, taking off her top-hat.
Last edited by ChristianC on Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:12 am

There was nothing heartfelt about Tepiltzin’s speech. He saw a unique opportunity. Here was the daughter of a god, who he wasn’t sure, but divine nonetheless. She had never been told her lineage, or what being a scion meant. She was fairly young, without experience of the divine or knowledge enough to know better. Tepiltzin saw this, and was thrilled. He hadn’t known what she was, but now he had no doubt, and saw that he could guide her into dark places. It would be delicate, teaching her vice and cruelty, but the result would be almost too great a prize. To watch a divine being fall from grace. It would happen one of several ways, as Tepiltzin saw it. Either, her father would end her sin and life out of shame for his daughter, or she would destroy herself in violence, or drown herself in hedonism. The fact that she would almost certainly die did not bother Tepiltzin. It was the absolute chaos it would inspire, so much greater than any mortal would be capable of. And when he had his fill, he would end her life, the blood of her father would coat his blade and her heart would belong to Tezcatlipoca. At the very least, it would weaken another god, and at best, it would destroy the lives of so many. Tepiltzin’s mouth almost watered. How to begin though? Such things needed to be handled delicately…..

Don produced his spear, and Tepiltzin glanced at it. Of course a Greek would have a spear. This changed things of course. He had momentarily forgotten about Hephaestus. He would need to tread carefully here.

He turned back to Rodica. “Yes, I do think he is a god. More, I know he is. So yes, Rodica, you are also a god, or at least, will soon be. But I will tell you what,” and here he lowered his voice conspiratorially, enough so that only he and Rodica could hear, “Your father might not have told you because he is afraid of what you might become. He can’t kill you, but he knows that you will one day exceed his power and strike him down. He didn’t tell you so that he could have you live your life in ignorance and die unfulfilled. I’m not saying that absolutely true, but keep it in mind. I’ve seen scions taken down by a lot less.”

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:59 am

Rodica just... stared at him, lips pursed tightly as she mulled over what he'd told her... but then her shoulders sunk and she drew another deep breath. Without her usual smile she looked remarkably young and fragile.

"...why would he want to do that?" she spoke back to Tepiltzin in the same low tone, wondering why he didn't want Don to listen in, "I'm doing what he wanted me to do, and he said he'd tell my mo..." she frowned and bit her lip, pausing momentarily, "Exceed his powers? Strike him down? I'm just... I'm just an illusionist barely scraping by, I have a hard enough time as it is without trying to kill my dad..."

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 am

“I’m sure you are. But your father is a god. For that matter, so are you. There is no reason you need to ‘just barely scrape by.’ Your dad may or may not know this, but he probably doesn’t want to find out. He’s holding you back. Just think Rodica, of all you could do! You are a divine being! The normal rules do not apply to you! Your audience, these people here, are yours to command and enthrall. Nothing is stopping you from doing whatever you want, except the fact that no one ever told you. Do you think you would be struggling had you known what you are? Had your dad taken the time to let you in on the family secret, you could be anywhere, doing anything right now. But he didn’t. He forced you to live this way, he allowed it and encouraged it. I say take hold of your divinity. Run with it and revel in it. Don’t let anything stop you from doing what you want to do. Of course, it is still dangerous out there. You will probably want a friend, someone you trust and who understands what you are going through, to guide you, help you avoid the pitfalls. But that is one man’s opinion,” Tepiltzin leaned back, but gave Rodica a significant look.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:59 pm

Don watched Tepiltzin and Rodica for a few moments, hoping the younger man was doing more to ease Rodica's apotheosis than he himself was feeling up to. Don had several times before fought toe to toe with Titanspawn while being a married man bound to the real world - what Don chose to call the world where he was just privy to the stresses of being an engineer, husband, father, voting Democrat, and homeowner - but he couldn't shake the feeling that this time was very different...he was a father now, and he was far from home. Sighing, he glanced around the room, wishing once again that it wasn't too late to call his wife back home, that he could tell her Hephaestus was about to make another appearance in Don's life. Maria had renounced Christianity and become a serious Reconstructionist Pagan after the Greek god of the forge had introduced himself as her father-in-law, and would probably offer to pray to Hera on his behalf (which Don guessed couldn't hurt), but the fact was that Don just wanted to hear her voice. At that moment, he didn't feel much like a Scion...he felt more like a mortal man far from home.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:57 pm

Rodica sighed again and squirmed slightly where she sat, uncomfortable with Tepiltzin's sudden friendliness, and the realization that she was on completely new grounds here. She was feeling... frustrated that these other two seemed to know exactly what was going on, her father hadn't said more than that she should follow her dreams for a while, get a feel for the states, move around... suddenly she felt as stupid as she'd done when her classmates had left her behind to go partying... it seemed like she was always going to be one step behind everyone else.

"Look... Adrian, I really appreciate you telling me all this," she glanced over towards the messengers, frowning, "I don't know if I'm a god... or whatever you're calling it. I'm sure this is all old news for you, but I'm finding it... well... difficult to accept?" her accent had grown a bit lighter as she spoke... either she'd been feigning it the entire time, or maybe she wasn't as exotic as she made out to be? "But you're telling me I could just... turn these people into frogs or something? Make a bush-fire and tell someone to free the Jews?" she chuckled into her drink and stretched a little, looking bewildered. "If my father really is showing up, I'm going to ask him about all this.... but I'm glad I've got someone like you around who'll tell me what's what." she gave him an honest smile, and it became painfully obvious again how young Rodica was.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:49 am

"And here they come," the little golem said, his eye socket shining a bright yellow. The ghostly being wailed lightly, and the mirror pulsed, then all three of them vanished.

Through the door came a large muscle bound man in a wheelchair. He had on a look of confidence, as if he understood how everything worked and fit together. He pushed himself along in a fairly mundane looking wheelchair, nothing fancy about it. He wore glasses and had dark brown hair, cut short and slightly wavy. His eyes looked about at the people gathered in front of him, and he smiled warmly at the assembly of divine mortals. His eyes fell on Don and he wheeled over, extending his hand to shake. It was huge, easily the size of Don's head, and nobody doubted the power behind those digits.

Suddenly there was a crash as the window shattered, and through the window jumped a tall man in a crisp black suit. As he jumped through the shattering glass, the glass slowed as whatever force froze the other patrons caught up to it, then slowly reversed, as if someone was playing a VHS tape backwards. The glass reformed into a perfectly designed window. Standing in front of the window, though, was a man in a suit with and oddly white face. It took everyone another second to realize that the face was oddly white because it was the visage of a skull. The skeletal god, in top hat and suit with a beautiful purple orchard in full bloom, stood before the three, then laughed wildly. "Good to see you, forge god of the Dodekatheon." He then looked at Rodica and winked, though nobody could quite figure out how.

From out of the mirror materialized a man in a business suit. He stepped out of the mirror, looked around, and adjusted his tie, then smiled. He was a charming looking man, and the suit definitely made him all the more sharp. He flashed a white smile and walked with confidence over to a table where the three scions were gathered. Then he noticed the forge god and his face faltered. He smiled again, this time politely, and walked over to the god of the anvil and patted him on the shoulder. If Hephaestus was insulted by the slightly demeaning gesture, he didn't show it. Hephaestus looked at Tezcatlipoca and smiled a genuine smile, putting his hand on the Tezcatlipoca's hand that was resting on his shoulder. This seemed to bother Tezcatlipoca, and he sat back down, placing a briefcase on the table. The entire room almost crackled with the power that was settling in the room.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:27 pm

Don stood up at the approach of his father. His greeting was interrupted by the appearance of the two others - gods, he was sure, but none that he recognized. After he observed the greeting between Hephaestus and Tezcatlipoca, Don took Hephaestus' hand and shook it, inclining his head solemnly. "Welcome to Los Angeles, Father. It's good to see you." His expression brightened as he remembered a development that had occurred since the last time the forge god had come into Don's life. "Maria and I made you a grandfather. She had a boy; we named him Jeffrey after Maria's favorite uncle. He's three, now, and big for his age, just like I was. Strong as an ox, too, as I'm sure you'd be pleased to know, sir."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:50 pm

Rodice got up as well, eyes wide in amazement as the three gods made their entry... gods, the word bounced around inside her head like a pinball ball. Gods? How could there even be gods? She... she'd studied some occult stuff, sure, but she'd never actually believed in them... not any more than the power of will and self-deception... and now there were these three... men. Just radiating power and... and godliness. It was just too much for her and she had to grab onto the bar as her skeletal father (had he looked quite as much a skeleton before? She couldn't even bring herself to remember...) winked, her mouth half-agape in awe.

Then, slowly she gathered herself and stood up, taking off the top hat she wore, a top hat identical to the one her father wore, and brushed her hand through her hair before moving to put it back on her head... but then, should she? What kind of etiquette did these gods demand? She ended up just holding her hat in front of her, both hands gripping the rim, looking nervously back and forth.

"Eh... hi... father?" she tried slowly as things seemed to settle down a bit, and she quickly curtseyed to the other two gods, not entirely sure what else she could do.

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:40 am

Tepiltzin’s entire stance changed with the arrival of the three divine beings. Instead of leaning relaxed against the bar, he stood stock still, and his eyes tracked the arrival of Hephaestus and The Baron. He knew enough of the occult to recognize these two for who they were. His rigidity melted away then; he walked back to his seat and sat, patiently awaiting the arrival of the third great patron. Hadn’t the doll, golem, whatever, said something about a fourth? Tepiltzin couldn’t really recall, and didn’t really care.

He scoffed inwardly at Don’s familiar greeting to Haphaestus. He knew the Greeks were weak and sentimental, but he didn’t expect that Haphaestus would be so spineless as to care about such petty details. He should have had bigger worries, grander concerns. A war raged with the Titans for the very existence of the world!

When his father did arrive Tepiltzin rose solemnly. “Tatli, ca mihiyo auh amotlachihual (Father, for your spirit and your work),” he said, gesturing to the blade on the table.

(ooc: For those it may concern, I looked up only a lexicon and was unable to find a grammar to go with it.)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:01 am

Hephaestus laughed a hearty laugh at the news of his grandson. "I'm a grandfather many times over before Jeffrey, but it is still wonderful news to hear. I imagine he's got quite the healthy appetite as well." Hephaestus took Don's hands in his own, and clasped a hand on Don's shoulder, a heavy handed gesture that even Don felt the weight of. Any one but the god's own son would have buckled under the blow.

The good Baron walked up to Rodica, smiling of course, and clasped his hand on her shoulder as well, then smacked her, solidly, on the shoulder. "I see you're coming along," he laughed. He then walked to and vaulted over the bar, rummaging through the liquor found there. "Boy, you guys sure chose a wonderful place to meet. Or did you guys choose this place at all? Hah!" He finally pulled out a bottle of rum, shook it around, then opened it up. He guzzled what was left of the bottle, smacked his lips, then tossed the bottle, shattering on the ground a few feet from him.

Tezcatlipoca merely nodded to his son, picking up the blade on the table. He felt the edge of the knife, and the knife glowed a slight yellow color. The god then returned the blade to Tepiltzin and smiled. "You have done well, my son." He then looked at the other Scions on the room, "You've all done well by your parents, which is why you have been gathered. You are the best of our mortal kin, and the only ones that can do what needs to be done."

Hephaestus wheeled himself over to a table, the Baron and Tezcatlipoca joining him. They all sat down, facing their scions. "There is a man of immense power on the loose," Hephaestus said, "killing divine kin. He needs to be stopped."

"The problem is, we're not allowed to intercede," the Baron continued, "He is still mortal, though he will soon rival a god in power. His mortality, though, stops us from stopping him. It's a horrible little lopphole in Fate, but we the divine can not actively interfere in the world of Men. He's just powerful enough to destroy the world, but not powerful enough for us to do anything about."

"Thus, we are sending you," Tezcatlipoca said, "You are our children, and have been given powers beyond that of a normal mortal. Use these powers to find him, stop him, and put the world back in its place."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Rodica nearly buckled under the the friendly slap on the shoulder she received from her father, although more than likely because of her state of shock. She just... stared as the three gods made their rounds, a small voice in her head nodding appreciatively at the Baron's rum-guzzling. At least she knew from which part of the family she got her tolerance from.

She took a seat herself, on a barstool, and listened with a blank face as she was told the gist of their mission. A mortal... going around killing divine people? How was this even. No, even if this was some kind of horribly intense rum-induced nightmare, it didn't do her any well to dwell on details. They could change at the moment's notice, might as well get along with the ride.

She gave a little nod and folded her arms, thinking for a moment as the last god, Adrian's father and presumably Tezcatlipoca, finished speaking.

"You want us to... stop him?" the prospect of just finding someone, a normal human who you didn't even know the name of, in a city like Los Angeles, was daunting to say the least. "If he's been killing g... divine kin... how are we going to be able to do that? If he's powerful enough to destroy Earth..." she paused, mulling over her last words, "how could we possibly be able to make him stop?"

She nearly unconsciously fished out the cigar-box once more and took out another one (interestingly, it didn't seem at all to be effected by her constant smoking, the box looked as half-full as it'd done when she first took out one of the rolled cubans), bit off the tip and put it in the corner of her mouth, lighting the end mindlessly.

"What can we do to find him? Do you know his... uh... name, or address, or something? And if he's a killer, shouldn't we get the police involved?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:29 am

The baron laughed incredulously at Rodica's statement. "Address? Name? Hah!"

The other two gods looked at the Baron, and Hephaestus rubbed his temple. "Baron, did you not tell her anything? She seems like she doesn't even know her gift."

The baron looked at the forge god, then laughed even harder. "And so what if I didn't? She'd have figured it out sooner or later!"

"The point of the visitation is to let your child know who you are and what they are," Tezcatlipoca said, "Not to just confuse them more. Then again, I guess we can't expect much more from you, now can we?" The aztec god turned back to the assembly of three and said "No, we have no way of finding him. You'll have to do some leg work. He's killed a number of scions so far and has amassed a fair arsenal of birthrights from all across the pantheons. The rumor is that he was once a Scion himself, though nobody has stepped forward to claim their heir. If they did, then they would be allowed to discipline their child." At this, the god looked at Hephaestus, "Personally, I think he's the son of your brother's, Ares." He spat the word brother as if it was an insult, but Hephaestus wasn't shaken by this.

"He is a Scion, and a powerful one at that," Hephaestus continued, "His stolen birthrights are many, and his powers great. Find him, and destroy him before he kills all of the Scions of the world and destabilizes the Overworld."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Rodica stared at her father and the corner hung precariously at the corner of her mouth before she gathered her thoughts and blew another ring of smoke, arms folded as she realized even the other gods were chastising her father... had Adrian been right? She gave the Baron a skeptical look and frowned slightly. She somehow respected the fact that she'd left her to her own device... the two others certainly seemed to have closer relationships with their fathers, but Rodica appreciated her freedom. The fact that he hadn't told her about her powers... Well, she'd... she had found out some things by herself. Things that only now started to make sense.

She blew another smoke-ring and shook her head slightly. How had she known where her agent was? She always seemed to know when he called her... "Aren't either of you two..." she began, motioning to Tepiltzin and Don, unable to voice her exact feelings about this. Then, taking another deep breath she reached for the nearest bottle and drank from it, wincing at the taste.

"Alright then, nothing like a little challenge." she had the same distant, vague smile on her lips as before, "What do we do to get to him? Put in a want-ad in the papers?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:45 pm

"We will find him," Don pronounced. "Even if we don't want to, I expect. Fate does that. He's our prey, but we are his as well, so we need to be on our guard at all times. It sounds like we would be nothing to him one on one, but...I think the three of us will have a chance."

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:33 am

(ooc-Sorry sorry sorry sorry for the length between posts! It was a strange week or two)

Something tripped in Tepiltzin’s memory at the description of the prey. Like a half forgotten whisper, a vague familiarity crept into his consciousness, but try as he might, he couldn’t ground the whisp of recollection. Something about this task reminded him of an encounter he had not long ago. Perhaps a vision, an image in his mirror meaningless until now? Regardless, the god-killer would be found, and his blood would be spilled for his arrogance. That much Tepiltzin was certain of.

Now, of course, it was more important than ever to find a sacrifice, although the evening’s original goal had changed. Preparations needed to be made, and Tepiltzin knew a few spells and wards that might serve the task. He had picked up his knowledge of the occult and magic after his visitation, and had found the practices both enlightening and easy. He had a natural gift for magic. He was, however, limited by the lack of materials. His searches had yielded only a few true spells, the majority of his research turned up nonsense, with a few wards and charms thrown in to taunt him. If only he could find a true tome of magic, like the ones his ancestors had used!

He considered for a moment the presence of the other scions, the daughter of the Baron and the son of Hephaestus. They might be useful, he mused, for now. He was unaccustomed to working with others of his own faith, let alone scions of gods which were opposed to his. Still, there was opportunity here, and he was not one to waste that. The blood of gods was the most potent after all.

“It shall be as you command father. Is there any more you can tell us about him?”

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:52 am

Hephaestus moved himself about a little in his wheelchair, then responded, "The last incident involving him happened here, in this city. A scion of Bastet was killed a few days ago. I guarantee that the local newspapers will have something about it, though it'll probably be in the less credible sources. They're usually the ones that run the odder stories."

"And what happened to the scion of that infernal monkey?" asked Tezcatlipoca.

"Bwahaha! Probably off causing problems for someone," laughed Samedi.

"More to the point, why isn't that primate here either?" the Aztec god asked, "He said at the summit that he would look into this personally. I knew he was full of it."

"He's actually probably just late,"' said Hephaestus, "You can feel him in the city, can't you?"

"He's actually a lot closer than that," replied The Baron.

"Like right behind you," came a voice behind Tezcatlipoca. Tezcatlipoca looked behind him, and there was a very audible buzzing coming from the shadows. A bee began buzzing around the god of the smoking mirror. The bee landed on a nearby table, and then grew in size until a man was sitting on the table, legs crossed. His features were very ape-like, and as he sat there, he giggled and scratched at his head like a monkey does. Something about his eyes was off, and closer examination showed that there was what looked like a burning fire inside, and his eye-lid had a gold shimmer to it.

"Damn, fool-monkey, what is wrong with you. Have you been here the entire time?"

"Well of course," the god of mischief said. He sprang off the table, landing on his hands. He then tipped forward onto his feet and leaned over, violating Don's personal space. "The great Sun Wu Kong, King of the Monkeys and greatest of all the Gods, at your service."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:56 am

"Bastet?" Rodica looked as if she was going to ask about that, but then just decided to forget about it. Especially after a fourth god decided to show... in the form of a bee. Now this was pretty unsettling, and she took a swig from a bottle of... something, in the bar, rubbing her eyes for a bit.

"O...kay..." she nodded her head to the monkey-god, hoping he wasn't paying much attention to her, "There's someone else coming as well?" she glanced at the others, drawing a deep breath from her cigar, "there should be some papers in the lobby, I guess... should I go and check?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:00 pm

Don shrank back. "It is an...honor, sir."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:46 pm

(OOC: Sorry, it's one thing after another right now, so I'm sorry about the lack of updating. It'll be up in a day or two. Sorry!)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:03 am

"Well, where's your kid?" asked Tezcatlipoca, "Is he as flaky as his old man?"

"Of course not!" Wu Kong said, leaping up onto a table and sitting down in one motion, legs crossed. "He's working on a lead as we speak!"

"Wait, so you sent your kid off by himself?" asked Hephaestus, "He'll get himself killed!"

"Nah, he'll be fine," the monkey waved his hands dismissively. "He's just doing reconnaissance."

"Yeah, your son doing only recon?" Samedi asked, guffawing, "That's like saying my daughter just does parlor tricks. I guarantee you he's in trouble right now."

"Where is he?" asked Hephaestus.

"Oh, he's somewhere on the upper west side," Wu Kong said dismissively. "Probably in an alley."

"Go find him," Hephaestus said, "I'm sure he'll be able to give you three some better information. He has somehow found a way to shroud himself from our sight.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:32 pm

Rodica had decided to just roll with things. They couldn't get any weirder, and either this was a pretty convincing hallucination induced by something in the booze, she was going crazy, or all of this was real and she'd just have to live with having her whole view on life turned upside down... A deep breath from her cigar and she nodded, pushing back her hat a little again and looking at the one on the head of her father. They were nearly identical, although hers looked a bit more worn than his did. She wondered if he'd like his cigar-case back, but remembering what Tepiltzin had told her, she decided to keep it. If he wanted it, he'd have to ask her for it, she wasn't going to try to be nice to someone who'd neglected to tell her... well... anything about who she was.

"I am not very familiar with this city," she admitted, giving a little shrug, "But something tells me the upper west side has a lot of alleys in it. We should go and try to find him." She looked to the sons of gods and sighed, "Unless you all have better idea?"

Spoiler:
((Don't mind grammatical errors and stuff, I'm trying to figure out how a Romanian would speak English, so I'm trying out a few things.))

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:17 pm

"I imagine it does, as well," Don agreed. "We should start to look." He looked to Wu Kong, from whom he had carefully backed away. "Is there some way by which we will know him, sure?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:31 am

The Monkey King laughed and said "You'll just have to figure that out yourselves." He then walked out the door, but before leaving, he turned around, smiling, "It's remarkable, though, the sorts of advances humans have made. You've even got these little tiny plastic devices that you use to communicate to each other." He said this in such way that made it very apparent that he was making fun of them. He then disappeared around the corner.

The Baron drained the rum that he had found and laughed heartily, then looked to Rodica. "Don't fuck this up!" He smiled at her, then walked out of the door, as well.

"What the stupid monkey forgot to tell you was his Scion's name," Hephaestus said, "It's Jimmy Long. Use a phone book." He then wheeled himself out through the door.

Tezcatlipoca, on the other hand, walked out without saying a word, only nodding to Tepiltzin.

As Tezcatlipoca walked out through the door of the bar, the world around them slowly came back to life, the music from the jukebox slowly sliding into tune. The people in the bar made no notice of the coming and going of the divine beings, still drinking and laughing and generally having a good time, with no idea what sort of peril they might have been in.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:54 pm

"Jimmy Long," Don repeated, nodding. "Goodbye, Father."

As the world returned, he glanced to his companions. "We should find a phone book." He looked at Tepiltzin. "Your receptionist girlfriend probably knows where one is, right?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:52 am

Rodica frowned as her father walked up, trying hard not to bite off the cigar as her jaws stiffened. The nerve of that man.

She remained quiet until they had all walked out, then stood up as the music began once more, grinding the cigar into the nearby ashtray... or would've, but she missed, and ground it instead in the polished wood of the bar disk.

"Zeu... Yeah, get phone-book, I can find this bufon." she took a swig from another glass, beeched and then took off her hat for a moment, shaking her had a little and wiping her brow. "So, let us just do this quick and easy, no?"

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:09 pm

Tepiltzin nodded back to his father, and sat in silence for a few moments with his eyes closed as the bar came back to life. The nod from his father had been more than an expression of affection. Implicit was a warning and a suggestion. Even the Gods bowed before fate, none escaped its view or purposes. Some, however, could manipulate it, and Tezcatlipoca was one of these. That gift had been passed to his son, and he intended to use it. He spent the moments of silence preparing the spell, moving the pieces into place, ready for the last components. Magic was an art, subtle and beautiful and dangerous. It was a common misconception that magic rolled of the tongues of its performers on a whim. It was possible to perform a spell at a moments notice, but this was draining on the agent, and the resulting spell was more often then not a brute-force solution, inelegant and wasteful, full of sound and fury, falling short of the intended goal. No, true magic took preparation and care, each spell a painting developed with full intention.

"I think," he said at last, "That we can do better than a phone book, though that might help." He opened his eyes then. Yes, a phone number could help, but all the ingredients were there. The name, the parentage. A sample of blood or a personal item might also have helped, but once again, were not truly necessary. The stone hung around his neck warmed slightly, almost imperceptibly, with the spell's workings. It would wait until needed. The thought occurred to Tepiltzin that he should prepare a few more spells, ready in case of unexpected situations. That would need to wait, however, until he had the time and a better notion of the people he was working with.

"Either way, of course, it is time to leave this party. There is much we need to do, the least of which is find the missing son of the Monkey King,"
Tepiltzin stood and walked out the door. He wasn't sure what he thought about the addition of the Monkey King's progeny. From what he understood of the parent, which admittedly was not all that much, he could expect the man to be whimsical and skilled. But for as skilled as he could be, he was equally as likely to be unreliable. It was then that a strange and discomforting thought struck him. What was it that they were facing that would cause the gods to put aside their rivalries and work together? He had heard of Scions from various pantheons working together of their own choice, but this time, they had all been called here by their parents and told to do so. This was no ordinary threat. He shuddered involuntarily.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:59 pm

The three scions walked out of the bar and approached the receptionist. When Tepiltzin got her attention, she did not look pleased to see him. After asking for a phone book, the receptionist turned around and rifled through the shelf behind her and found a phone book, handing it to Tepiltzin.

There were a number of entries for Long, James, but one of them said Long, Jimmy. The scions decided this would probably be the correct number, so dialed the number. The phone rang two times before it was picked up, a low voice on the other side whispering into the mouthpiece, "Hello?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:49 am

Rodica had, rather unceremoniously, grabbed the phone as soon as the number was dialed and spoke into it and giving the others a knowledgeable look. "Jimmy Long? Your father say hello, where are you?"

Spoiler:
[Rodica is using her Where are you, psychopomp, ability. Int 3, Awareness 2]

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:24 am

(OOC: So, I've never actually been to LA at a time in my life where I would be able to decipher a map. Now, as I look down on the world via Google's omnipresence, I realize that the "Upper West Side" is a very wealthy area, including Beverly Hills and the wonderful place whence the Prince of Bel Air presided. So let's pretend like I actually said Upper East side of LA, which is probably more like what I was hoping for as a setting: dirty, ratty, trash-and-alley-filled.)

As Rodica took the phone, there was a slight jolt through her hand that was holding the phone, as if she'd been given a static shock. It wasn't enough to make her let go, slightly more than a twinge.

"I'm in the Upper East side, at the corner of east 4th and south San Pedro street. Are you the guys Dad said would be coming?" his voice was still low, but his breathing was loud over the phone. It sounded as if he'd been running.

As soon as she heard her voice, a feeling went through her. For some reason, a part of her wanted to go east. It was as if there was a small invisible thread tugging at her soul in that direction. The force was tangible, but nowhere near overwhelming.

"Look, you guys had better either be strong, in which case come quick, or weak, in which case stay the hell away. These guys are strong, and I can't be watching out for you." Over the phone, there was the sound of scuffling, then a loud clang. "Crap! Gotta go!"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:17 pm

Rodica had kept tabs on her roadie for months, and seemed to have a knack of finding him wherever he went. She'd chalked this up to her knowing him well, but maybe there was something else involved. Having a skeleton for a father might be one of the reasons.

"What say you, strong?" she spoke into the receiver, blinking at the hastily spoken remark. "East 4th and South Sa... san... Sandro street?" she gave a little shrug to the others, "We find you, don't worry." And with that, the call was cut and she looked at Tepiltzin and Don. "We need to get taxi, he is having trouble."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:33 pm

Don nodded. "We'll get a taxi, I can pay." He looked at Tepiltzin. "I don't think I caught your names, actually. I'm Don, Don Tonious." He looked uncomfortable for a moment. "Dr. Donald Tonious, as my wife would tell you if she was here."

(OOC: And yes, I checked, Don sat down right after Tepiltzin was introduced as "Adrian".

Although naming him Adrian makes me think of my Serenity system character Adrian, and makes me think that Tepiltzin intends to screw anything that moves. Which he can, apparently.)

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:54 pm

Whatever reaction Tepiltzin’s reappearance inspired in the receptionist was lost on him. His attention was focused on the scions with him and the task they had been given. He took the phone book without a word and thumbed through it quickly. After the number was dialed, Tepiltzin waited silently. He decided to keep his spells in reserve, at least until they had gotten closer to the goal. Besides, they had gotten directions, and the trip would give him a chance to prepare a few more.

“Tepiltzin. But I think we should take our introductions on the road if he is having trouble,” he said in answer to the greek’s question. Then he walked out to the street and whistled loudly for a cab.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:22 pm

The three children of the gods walked out into the night. While they had been inside, the rain died down significantly. It was only slightly misting. Tepiltzin whistled loudly and put out a thumb and a cab weaved its way out of traffic and over the curb. The three scions piled into the yellow sedan and the driver peeled away from the hotel.

A few minutes later the cab stopped off at the intersection that Jimmy had said. The feeling in Rodica's gut seemed to get stronger, pulling her down the nearest alley. After the cab was paid, the three scions stood in front of the alleyway that Rodica felt was the right way to go. The night air was crisp and the misting had stopped.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs