Death to the Divine (Scion RP)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
darkknight61189
Rice President

Death to the Divine (Scion RP)

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:05 pm

Susie's sides burned, but she had to keep running. She called out to her father to help her, but he could do nothing to save her now. She felt more than saw a shadow fly over her, and she quickly ducked into a side alley, hoping to lose him in the twisting passageways of Louisiana's side streets. Since the passing of Hurrican Katrina, there were a lot of passages that were blocked off, but she knew exactly where to run, which directions were the right and wrong ones. The rod she held in her hand twisted and turned in her hand, one of the few things left to her by her father. Unfortunately, it wasn't going to save her. Finally, she emerged from the side alleys onto a street, across from a cemetary. She could hear footsteps, slow and methodical, walking towards her, though the footsteps were gaining on her faster than they ought to. She ran into the street, missing a few wildly honking cars by a few inches, then hopped the fence and ran into the cemetary. She could hear the blood pumping in her ears.

Susie stopped at the center of the cemetary, raised a wand with a nasty shrunken head on it in the air, and shouted "Rise on the Authority of The Baron!" The ground all around the cemetary stirred, and from the graves rose a dozen zombies, the smell of fresh dirt and old death permeating the air. The zombies began to walk forward and a decent clip. A fog began to fall over the cemetary giving it an ominous feel. Within minutes, minutes that seemed to be like hours for Susie as she intently peered into the fog, the fog was so thick that she lost sight of her undead following. Then, she heard the sounds of combat, the sound of metal beating against barely yielding flesh. The sound was sickening, but Susie held her ground, again wishing her father could, for once in her, be there for her. She could hear and feel her followers falling to the steady fall of steel. She was about to run again when she felt something behind her. She spun only to see a shadow out of the corner of her in the fog. She spun more, frantically attempting to see her assailant, but she was always just barely too slow.

Then there came a sudden explosion behind her as she was hit by the attacker. She fell to the floor, dropping the wand. She held onto consciousness just long enough to see the man, his eyes sunken and dark, dressed in a black trenchcoat with a number of trinkets that she recognized as being from a number of different pantheons hanging from the inside of the coat. The man bent over her and whispered in a soothing voice, "You were not the first, and you will not be the last. Good bye, God-born."

Time for my first foray into board GMing. You will be assuming the role of a Scion, or progeny, of a god of either the Egyption, Greek, Norse, Aztec, Voodoo or Japanese pantheons. The system is very new, publishing starting in 2007, so there aren't many auxilliary books, nor other pantheons. If you want to you can try and come up with another god, but you'll have to talk to me about it. Get in touch with me via AIM to get a copy of the core rulebook if you're interested.

ElComodoro
The Bard(With optional 1000 sands attachment)

Re: Death to the Divine (Scion RP)

Unread postby ElComodoro » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:45 pm

Hey, you know I'm in. Child of an Aztec blood god sounds like fun!

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:10 pm

I'm still considering perhaps a scion of Dionysus or Heimdall. Depends on what other people choose, really.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:40 pm

Hmm... I am a bit nervous joining another ga...

Ah, who am I kidding, I have no life.

I'd be totally up for playing my stage-magician, half-romanian daughter of Samedi. And yeah, I know, there're like a million characters being "the daughter of Samedi", but I hadn't even read the example-characters in the rule-book before I decided to go for her.

Anyway, I'd like to play here, and my reason for that is:

I got Rodica commissioned for a Scion game that's yet to get off ground after four months. So yeah.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:29 pm

Huh, I guess you'll probably know the system as well as if not better than I do. Also: For those who don't know, I'll be throwing up description of the world as soon as I get my ass to sit in this chair long enough to write one up. I'll be editing this post with it.

Edit:
Many centuries ago, the Gods roamed the world, free to interfere how they pleased. Athena turned Arachne into a spider, Sun Wu Kong guided Tang Seng to India personally to retrieve the buddhist texts, and many gods actively fornicated with mortal women. Then, as humans' beliefs waned and with the growth of science, Gods began to retreat from the world, especially since they had rid the world of most of the Titans, banishing them to otherworldly prisons. Still, the Gods enjoyed roaming the world, enjoying the fruits of their labors. Some of those fruits being mortals of the opposite sex.

Now, in the modern world, Gods come and go, and their children are hailed as Scions, given powers through the ichor in their bloods and through artifacts given by their parents. What they do with these powers are up to them, but someone is slowly, methodically, killing Scions. Not many have gotten away from him, but with each Scion he kills, he gets stronger. You have each met him at some point in your life, but have eluded him one way or the other. You have heard some about him, mostly just more Scions being killed.
Last edited by darkknight61189 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Trust me, I have no idea how it works. I made the character on the basis of "having played Exalted once or twice and older WoD games for a long time".

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Awesome, well then this'll be a fun little adventure. Also, I'll be looking for 4-5 players. As well, I've got the expansion for the Celtic, Chinese and Hindu pantheons. I know for a fact that the Chinese pantheon is really well made, but I don't know anything about Celtic or Hindu mythology. IM me if you'd like to see them.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:35 pm

This looks so sexy, and I am sad that I cannot take part.

Rock on, guys, and party hard! This will definitely be a thread I'll have to try and read as you guys go.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:12 pm

Hey, can you guys either PM or IM your character sheets to me. And by you guys, I kind of mean Christian. You other two I'll walk over and pester. Thanks!

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:24 pm

Alright, sooo I guess nobody else wants to join, so once I get these character sheets, I'm probably going to start up. In the meanwhile I'll hunt around for someone else.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:03 pm

D: Guh!

I'm sorry, I completely lost my brain! It's awfully late at the moment, so I'm probably not going to have time to rewrite what I want to fix about her, but I'll get it sent as soon as I can.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:42 am

I don't honestly remember if Chrisitan put this in his sheet and I'm not on my computer as I'm typing this, but I felt like I should write this down before I forget. When you guys write your character sheets up, please include a little bit of background and maybe a personality description of some sort. Especially if you still haven't even started making your character. *coughcough* I will continue to ask the few people I personally know to see if they wanna RP, but the list is getting very short. I think it's going to be just the four of us. But that also means I might be able to unveil my hilarious Scion of Sun Wukong and use him as a quasi-nPC.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:20 pm

Alright, so because a few mitigating circumstances, the largest of which was waiting on a character sheet, we haven't been able to start, so I'd like to take another roll call of people willing to join. Also, if you know someone that might be interested, point them my way.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Well, just posting an update saying I'm still game!

ElComodoro
The Bard(With optional 1000 sands attachment)

Unread postby ElComodoro » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:16 am

All systems are go for me!

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:16 pm

SPLULPLACK!
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Reiks

Unread postby Reiks » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Hey, Daveen (spleen) pointed me to this thing here. I'm interested but let me check up on the Scion System. I've never used/heard of it before so I need a Point of Reference to start designing a char!

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Hey! Wonderful, I'd love to have you join. Contact me by AIM if you'd like and we can talk about it and I can send you the source book.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:46 pm

Woo, Amanda!

Scion is a pretty cool guy, eh kills titans and doesn't afraid of anything.

Although I personally never liked the conversion from Storyteller's fairly loose set of combat rules to the complex weirdness that is Scion and Exalted and NWoD, I think Scion promotes a very interesting concept! Hope you'll be convinced and join up! :D

Reiks

Unread postby Reiks » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:12 pm

Hey, Darkknight. I think I'm going to have to pass on this RP. I find the character creation process laborious (flipping through a PDF is harder than flipping through a book and this system requires a lot of flipping and the point rules, like any system I suppose, does not endear me to it) and boring(I can only look at the same chapter on Boons and Birthrights so many times before I start to stare at my gerbils and realize how much more fascinating they are).

I got halfway through it (Birthrights) and lost all of my waning interest. I didn't help I don't have much to go off of as far as character sheets so I'm really not sure what I can do to remedy my now dead buzz.

Name(Player): Jake Green (Reiks)
Calling: Game Developer
Pantheon(God): Tuatha De Danaan (Ogma)
Nature: Architect

Attributes
Strength: **
Dexterity: ****
Stamina: ***

Charisma: **
Manipulation: ***
Appearance: **

Perception: ***
Intelligence: ****
Wits: ****

Abilities
Academics ***** Empathy
Animal Ken Fortitude
Art Integrity *
Investigation **
Athletics Marksmanship ***
Awareness *** Medicine
Brawl *** Melee ***
Command Occult *****
Control** Politics
Presence
Craft (Electronics) *** Science

Stealth Survival
Thrown

Birthrights
Guardian (Aegis) * *
Guardian (Ward) *
War (Blessing of Bravery) **
Relic (Orna, Sword of the Formorians) *

Weapons

Knacks

Willpower

Virtues

Soak

Boons

Armor

Legend

Health

Experience

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:42 pm

Alright, well, with that I guess I'll try and get this started. Watch the Other RPs thread for the RP thread, and I'll link it here. It should be up soon, depending on how horrible this week is to me. I'll still be searching out willing bodies to join, so please do the same. The way the RP is, I can pretty much add people whenever. So, here's hoping.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:09 am

Alright, so the RP is up.
Link:http://forums.rpgww.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9415

Again, if you are interested or know someone else who is interested, please get in contact with me via IM or e-mail. Greatly appreciated.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:23 pm

I am bumping this page to once again ask if there is any body else that would like to join up with this here campaign. The story hasn't moved too far along and I would love to have some more players. Thank you!

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Yeah, it's gotten to a halt, but I think with finals round the corner, that's probably it.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Hey guys, it has come to my attention that there is a very distinct possibility that you all will getting into some form of rough and tumble fight. As such, I will need you guys to send me some kind of small image that you would like to have made into a small token or counter that I'll be using to show the turn order. A small thumbnail will do. You can IM it to me or hand it to me on a flash drive, whichever is more convenient for you.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:58 am

Well, you've got my picture of Rodica higher up on this page... do I need to make a smaller version of it / cut out a piece of it?

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:34 pm

I'll see what I can do with it.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:15 pm

Alright, so, I'm kind of putting this RP on hiatus until further notice. I know you guys really enjoyed your characters, but I was really hoping for more people to have joined, and frankly, the loss of momentum was fairly debilitating. Unless I can drum up some more support, this is going to have to wait.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:13 pm

Hey, I'm cool with that. I'm really sorry that the game can't continue, but if you feel that way, I can respect it and appreciate it.

I hope it might come to life later again, but even if it doesn't this has been a swell time.

Return to OOC RP Discussion