@Jak, and maybe other 40k people!

For artistic creations in non-text format.
FlamingDeth

@Jak, and maybe other 40k people!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:51 am

Well, I've got a couple of my HQ units customized. Here, have a Master of the Forge on a bike, with a conversion beamer!

Theoretically there's supposed to be a bunch of old fashioned "chocolate chip" desert camo on there, but since this is a new camera and I have no idea how to use it, it looks more like a pile of stupid. I'll post more pics of that and my captain once I figure out how to not wash out all the colors, and maybe how to get it in focus.

Jak Snide

Re: @Jak, and maybe other 40k people!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:17 pm

A simple adjustment, but now it doesn't hurt the eyes quite as much.

I look forward to you giving some Tau a taste of their own medicine with that. I'm not up to scratch with the current version of 40k so you'll have to tell me exactly how killy it is. I'm going to go with "really, really" until then. Is the beamer itself a conversion, or have they released a model for it?

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:25 pm

No official model for it atm. It's made from a variety of different IG sentinel parts, the ends of a couple necron guns, a devastator squad lascannon, and a lego lightsaber blade. But yes, very killy, sometimes! Str 6 no AP up to 18", Str 8 AP 4 up to 42", and Str 10 AP 1 up to 72", and it's a blast weapon.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:32 pm

Very nice, and impressive conversion. You doing any other custom jobs for your big important people?

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:53 pm

The captain is on a trike for no real good reason, and his command squad all have choppers! I'm forcing myself to put off any more HQ units after that until a make about a billion regular bikes. I am taking brief break from bikes at the moment though, to turn one of the AoBR dreadnoughts into an Ironclad.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:51 am

Very nice! I love conversion jobs!

I knew I wasn't crazy when I spotted the little tank-thing on the rear-end as being a lascannon part, but it's very impressive! Going to give the lego-piece a healthy greenish glow? ;D

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:57 am

If I wanted it to be green I would have used one of the necron translucent rods I had readily available. :x Nope, staying red! I have determined that is the proper color for a conversion beamer.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:10 am

D: But green is malevolent and eeeevil...

*laughs* I think it looks nice red! If it had been orks though, they would've just looted the stuff from whatever necrons they found handy. =D

Which reminds me, I ought to get some decent photos of my guards... D:

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous