Upcoming Board Campaign- Child's Play.

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Upcoming Board Campaign- Child's Play.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:01 pm

Based off of the projects of Charles DuGalle, world wide arms company D-52 has initiated Project Bluesky. Despite the companies recent turn towards humanitarianism, the project has received much criticism for it's motivation and application. Critics blast it, claiming it as a way for D-52 to claim to be saving lives, while simultaneously adding new names to it's army's roster to hire out to the rest of the world in the interest of making money.

The critics were only half right.

The project itself was initiated after seeing the combat data from DuGalle's android daughter, Selene, during the Doomsday Crisis (See file 817-D). Yielding the ability to match a small tank in armaments, while simultaneously acting as a tactical computer, Selene single-handedly fought off the northern flank invasion of Zonii (817-R). The project takes children between the ages of 8 and 14, and digitizes their consciousness, turning them from children into computer files. Their bodies are reconstructed as heavily armed androids, and their psyches are trained to handle their new powers and abilities as 'Wunderkind'- Wonder Children.

The project will exclusively take children between the ages of 8 and 14, though will rarely take one as young as six (See file Kid- 900K) or as old as sixteen. Any older and the child is ineligible. The reasoning behind this is due to the malleability of a child's mind, and their ability to learn and adapt to new things better than an adult. The children picked are mostly terminally ill, although the project does take volunteers from orphanages, along with children from poor families (Compensating the family heavily), and in extreme cases, severely disruptive, troubled children- Though such cases are rare.

Currently, the project is in it's beginning stages- A handful of children are currently in the process of training as their bodies are remade as androids. Should these prototypes perform well, the project will go into full swing, picking up any qualifying children and putting them through the digitization process.

Laws have already been drafted concerning the status and representation of the Wunderkind. Despite their bodies being made by D-52, and their minds being put into D-52 computer systems, they are free citizens in the employ of the company, rather than property thereof. More, public interaction is limited. Wunderkind will be assigned a handler to accompany them into public, although they are allowed to attempt to blend in with civilians.

Wunderkind's 'uniform' is, in honesty, the outer shell of their body. They resemble bodysuits, form fitting but without detail. An overlying theme is a very identifyable look; solid colors, along with boots, gloves, and a middle section resembling underwear, with the rest of the bodysuit being a different color, although that is currently under debate. The Wunderkind serve a number of different roles, with their uniform encouraged to follow a color code based on their role, although the final choice is left in the hands of the Wunderkind themselves.

The plan for the project, as it stands, is to serve as it's own elite force, called in to handle jobs too dangerous, extreme, or paranormal for the normal police and military to handle. There are currently designs for a large number of classes of Wunderkind, including, but not limited to, a number of combat models, support models, even medical and intelligence models. Based on the childs natural abilities, their role will be determined during training, and their body enhanced to reflect it.

Training is more intensive than that of the military, however it takes place in the virtual world the children's psyches exist in within the computer system itself, allowing it to be less tiring and more physically forgiving. The children can also modify their uniform while within the system, changing it's colors and basic pattern if they please. From there, they can request their body to be modified accordingly to match their desired uniform. Further, during training, the child is assigned their serial number, based on their full name and the number they were created Wunderkind. For example, state ward Janet Denise McClellan has the number JADM013. This model number is only used as a call sign during sensitive radio communication, and to mark the computer file that will serve as the child's personal space whenever digitized.

Despite becoming living computers and being able to simply download an education directly into the children's minds, they are still required to go to school eight hours a day, four days a week, starting after training. This schooling is done by an artificial intelligence, with the child's unit serving as their classmates. Even if there is a large educational difference, the team waits for everyone to reach the same level before moving on.

When not on duty, the child is free to spend their time however they wish. Already, the entertainment industry is supplying games, movies, and music in files specifically to be downloaded directly into the child's personal files, contained within the data that makes their body when digitized, and within their physical andriod body. Such games and movies offer a unique experience, the child is able to directly interact with their virtual worlds, making them strongly supported as a way for the children to relax and unwind.

The direct manipulation doesn't stop at specific programs, however. All Wunderkind are equipped with Etherware, allowing them to communicate with other machines and computers nearby. They need simply be in line of sight to use a computer. More, using a process called the "Deep Dive", the Wunderkind can directly interface into a computer, entering it as they do their own database and manipulating the computer directly, making them unparalleled hackers and information experts. However, a Deep Dive takes the childs concious out of their body, leaving it empty and vulnerable, so it's only advisable with backup.

Finally, the children are strongly encouraged to work as a family unit, seeing each other as brothers and sisters and caring for one another as such. The teams do not have designated leaders, and within the smaller teams the sibling mentality is very strongly encouraged. All group activity is done as this team, the family unit.

It remains to be seen if Project Blue Sky will be a success, but it's clear that D-52 has plans for it's new Wonder Children.

-----

It's time for Shini to begin a new campaign! This campaign will be via the board, and run using GURPS. I'm unsure on how many points I'll start people with, but I'll figure that out once I figure out how much interest I get.

I'll be taking 4-6 players, who will be playing as the first squad of Wunderkind, the prototypes of the project and sent on missions. The first mission they'll be assigned is a simple search and rescue, nothing too complicated, but it will advance from there. Should people be interested in this, I've got quite a bit of other information to put down for character creation, but in short:

You will be playing a child turned into an android and placed into a SWAT team-type group, sent around the world of Krynus (Which runs parallel to Gaera) to handle things that the normal police and military cannot deal with. Between missions, players will be able to upgrade themselves, switch their role, or just hang out. The actual missions themselves will be much more important.

So, who's interested?
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

NebulaQueen

Re: Upcoming Board Campaign- Child's Play.

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:04 pm

You know my thoughts on this. Give me some time to tinker my character and make a writeup.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:06 pm

Already expressed interest in IM, but yeah, I'd be up for this. :O

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:39 am

Based on AIM Response, people are interested, so MORE INFORMATION IS GO.

Here we've got the setting information for the city the Wunderkind are based within, Deck City.

History:

For the last 53 years, D-52 has operated independently of all nations. Founded as a small company by Justin Hayward in 3703, the originally specialized in custom guns and ammunition. The business model was simple, advertising through word of mouth and keeping customers. Soon, they began to absorb other fledgling companies, and expanded their agenda and clientelle.

By the time the Great War broke out between the great Western Empire and the Eastern Alliance, Hayward's company had managed to absorb exactly 52 other companies, and become one of the foremost arms dealers. Purchasing an entire island and relocating to it, the newly formed conglomerate D-52 (Or the Deck of 52.) founded their headquarters, known as the Deck, and declared sovereignty as their own nation. Selling to both sides of the conflict, D-52 became a major world player, famous for their unique bipedal walking tanks, the Gundir systems.

Having largely done much the same since the war ended in a ceasefire, D-52 has continued researching robotics and nanotechnology. In the months before the Doomsday Event, great advances in technology were made. Nanotechnology became reality, and robotics greatly jumped forward, thanks to the work of Annie Armstrong and the appearance of the andriod Selene DuGalle.

After the events, D-52 vowed to turn toward more humanitarian projects, though it's hard to break old habits, especially profitable ones.

Terrain:

Deck City is one of the biggest cities on Krynus. It's population of 7 million lives comfortably within the city itself, and the outskirts. At the center of the city stands The Deck itself, a massive, glassy pyramid that towers over the rest of the city. Hayward's office is situated at the top floor, allowing him to see the entire city. At night, searchlights illuminate the Deck, with one powerful one shining up over the building itself, making it a beacon. The closer to the Deck you get, the taller and more commercial the buildings are. Hotels and skyscrapers, however, are still dwarfed by the Deck itself.

The island Deck City is located on, Mitiaro is roughly 1000 square miles, and very flat. Located near the center of the southern shore of the Northern Lands, the island is prone to rain and storms, particularly during the 4 month rainy season. The island, for those months, is particularly prone to flooding, so Deck City is protected by a series of levees and flood canals.

Government:

D-52 is it's own country, independent of any other nation. It has a small but effective standing army, along with a supplementary army that serves as mercenaries whenever D-52 itself isn't directly threatened. Despite being few in number, both forces are among the best trained and best equipped in the world.

Hayward, as well as serving as president of the company, serves as president of the nation. He finalizes all decisions concerning the city, the surrounding land, and all national affairs. However, he does delegate information to four other assisants, based on the branches of the company:

Ace of Hearts- Anka Retonik - Diplomatic matters, internal affairs.
Ace of Spades- Simon Volgar - Military (Offensive), Arms production.
Ace of Diamonds- Byron Rivendare - Security, Defense, Leader of the Police Force
Ace of Clubs- Unknown - Unknown.

As well as helping run the day to day affairs of the company, the four Aces serve to head their departments and assist with the running of the city, and thus the nation itself.

Locations:

The Deck: The headquarters of D-52, and one of the largest buildings in the world. Project Bluesky, and thus the Wunderkind themselves, are based here, on the sixteenth floor. The computer daabase that serves as their home while digitised is housed here, along with their training room, repair facilities, recreation room, and anything the children could ask for.

The House of Love: The Orphanage in Deck City, run by Mother Zelda Sahraz. There is an urban legend that Sahraz is an angel of some sort, although that has only started recently. The orphanage itself places as many children as possible as quickly as possible, and makes arrangements for those who aren't placed. Other than the large number of orphans who make it their home, the orphanage is nearly identical to any other orphanage in the world. (Note: Any orphan Wunderkind would have come from House of Love, and already know any other Orphans.)

Our Lady of Peace Memorial Hospital: The new, state of the art hospital located in Deck City. With the best trained staff outside of the Empire, D-52's health care is top notch.

The Database: A place exclusively for Wunderkind, the Database is not actually a building, so much as a large mainframe. As they link to it, the children automatically Deep Dive into it, leaving their bodies and entering fully. To their perception, the Database is a large apartment type building, complete with AIs keeping it clean from virii and spyware, and a place for them to relax and be themselves. The Database, along with being their home, serves as a virtual training ground, their school ground, and even a small virtual mall where they can spend their time and a weekly stipend of virtual money to compliment their real pay. While uniforms are required while training and schooling, the children can pick up changes in wardrobe from this mall, along with games, movies, music, and even virtual 'food'.

Misc:

Deck City is the single most technologically advanced city in the world. It's no secret that, in an emergency, the city itself can transform into an aircraft and be moved elsewhere.

-----

All PCs will be immediately familiar with the above, as all of the PCs will be children of D-52. And more, now onto character creation!

For the time being, I'll only be needing the concept, using the following template (And example). If you need a hand picking your characters Archetype, just let me know and I'll help you figure it out based on your concept. Obviously, the archetype will determine the abilities and role in the team that your character will play,. Along with some of the design commonalities found in the archetypes proposed uniforms. Not actually required, mind, just there for NPC reference.

Archetypes/Design commonalities.
Heavy combat - Bold colors, thick boots/gloves/midsection.
Recon/Stealth/Infiltration - Dark colors, sleek, dark uniform.
Light combat (melee) - Bright colors.
Light combat (Ranged) - Natural colors, basic camo.
Heavy Ranged - Metallic colors.
Medical - Light colors, red cross prominent somewhere on uniform.
Support (Science, Repair, Technical, General) - No commonalities.
Pilot (Dual-Class) - Dark colors, helmets and visors.
Intel (Dual-Class) - Sleek uniforms, bright colors.
Valkyrie (Elite)- Ornate armor, light metallic colors.
Juggernaut (Elite)- Thick, heavy armor, dark metallic colors.

EDIT: I forgot to explain these.
Elite: The "Epic" Archetypes that will be developed as the story progresses, they will become available when the time is right and will be purchased on a player by player basis for a set cost, and are available to be Repurposed to following that. They are very powerful ATs with high stats, multiple innate abilities, and very few weaknesses. They are semi gender dependent, with girls becoming Valkyries and boys becoming Juggernauts.

Dual-Class get to be their Primary class (Pilot, Intel) along with one of Light Combats. They are weaker at their chosen sub-class than someone going full into it.

Hopefully, that there will be simple enough to make sense, but again feel free to ask if you need a hand figuring it out.

And now, the profile template, and an example!

Name:
Serial: <To be done by GM>
DoB/Age: (Current Krynian year is 3756)
Place of Birth:
Archtype:
Class: <To be done by GM>
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Hobbies/Interests:
Background:

Example:

Name: Janet Denise McClellan
Serial: JADM013
DoB/Age: Aug 8th, 3744 (11 years old)
Place of Birth: Deck City, Mitiaro.
Archetype: Support
Class: Support (Mission)
Strengths: Reading, coordination, strategy.
Weaknesses: Direct combat, high stress situations.
Hobbies/Interests: Singing, writing.
Background: Janet McClellan lost her parents and the use of her lower body in a car accident two years ago. She was ideal for Project Blue Sky because of her tragedy and head for numbers. A gifted student in her school, she has taken her digitisation and subsequent training famously, and spends most of her time enjoying the freedom of having a whole, if electronic, body.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:47 am

You can count me in, I think.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:08 am

Definitely interested, I just need to work up a character concept.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:11 am

If the spots for this aren't filled, I'd very much like to participate. :0

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:17 am

No slots are officially filled. Until I figure out how many points to start with, people are free to get their concepts in order and posted.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:39 pm

This is a pretty cool concept. Surprisingly robust setting. I am compelled to participate, but I'm having some difficulty settling on a character concept. Got three or four concepts kicking around in my head. Need some time to decide which would be the most fun for me and the most useful for the party.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Name: Sylvia Morales, aka Silvie
Serial: SYMO002
DoB/Age: (Current Krynian year is 3756) DOB: 3745 Age: 11
Place of Birth: Deck City, Mitiaro
Archtype: Heavy Combat
Class: Warrior
Strengths: stamina, hand to hand combat, short ranged firearms
Weaknesses: long ranged combat, speed
Hobbies/Interests: sports, nature, hiking & rock climbing, reading, pop culture, THE SEA
Background: The daughter of two of D-52's prominent scientists and engineers, Silvia would have had a bright future ahead of her...if not for her illness. She's been terminally ill since a very young age, and has spent most of her life confined to her bed. When her condition worsened, her parents were given an option: they could either continue with conventional treatments, or Silvia could become a member of Project Blue Sky. After much thought, they went with the latter. Despite their misgivings, though, Silvia has taken to the program beautifully, and has found a sense of enthusiasm and energy no one would have thought possible for the sickly girl.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:16 pm

I like, count me as interested, though I'd like a link to wherever I can get info on GURPS.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:52 pm

GURPS Lite is a 32-page free PDF that covers the most important parts of GURPS, it's good for a jumping-in point for the system.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:54 pm

Name: Darren Lander
Serial: DALA005
DoB/Age: January 8, 3747 (9 years old)
Place of Birth: Outskirts of Deck City
Archtype: Heavy Ranged
Class: Catapult
Strengths: Courage, ability to improvise, perceptiveness.
Weaknesses: Extreme competitiveness, lack of self-control, unwillingness to consider others' feelings.
Hobbies/Interests: Football, wrestling, violent movies.
Background: Darren Lander's birth coincided with two catastrophic events in his mother's life: Her husband abandoned her and she learned that she was showing definite signs of a particularly devastating genetic disease. Darren was born premature, and while he grew normally he was always small for his age. His mother passed away when he was three years old and he was raised at the House of Love until he was accepted into Project Bluesky, which gave him both an outlet for his aggression and a way to avoid his likely fate at the hands of his mother's genetics.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:41 pm

Name: Alexis Clifford
Serial: ALCL004
DoB/Age: December 2nd 3745 - 11 years old
Place of Birth: Deck City, Mitiaoro
Archtype: Recon/Stealth/Infiltration
Class: Watcher
Strengths: Cool-headed and calm, loyal, spatially aware, artistically gifted
Weaknesses: Quiet, lone-wolfish, Aphephobia, math
Hobbies/Interests: Painting & Drawing, playing the Piano, spending time with her handler, watching animals
Background: Alexis has spent nearly half her life unconscious, and although she was physically eleven when taken in by Project BlueSky to become a Wunderkind, her mind has remained at six. Although neither Alexis nor the handlers have spoken about Alexis's past before joining up, it's clear that she was in some kind of accident. She has never been visited by anyone, so one can assume that she either lost her family, or never had one. An introvert with great difficulties at forming bonds, Alexis has had a hard time becoming part of the team, but the others have most likely gotten used to her presence. She rarely speaks, and almost never participate in playing with the others, but she does watch from the sideline and seems to be content with this. Having never had any proper school education before becoming a Wunderkind, she's somewhat lagged behind many of the others, but she's proven to learn fairly quickly, although she's got a hard time wrapping her head around math. Alexis has also developed a very strong bond with her handler, although whether this is one-sided is not obvious.

Of particular note is Alexis' aphephobia. She dislikes touching or being touched by others, and most have learned pretty quickly just to keep their hands where they belong. She's very sensitive, and generally doesn't fare well in physical exercises involving body contact.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:05 pm

MORE INFO, YAY!

This is more detailed information on all the Archetypes. I don't have a weapon list yet, but generally you should be able to know what a heavy or light weapon is.

Heavy combat (Combat Units) - Heavy Combat units are the workhorse of the Wunderkind. These children's bodies are balanced to be effective in all situations. They serve to protect their brothers and sisters, and to take advatage of their incredibly powerful bodies and stong armor, and to be the front line in a combat situation. Despite being not as fast as some of their other brothers and sisters, Heavy Combat units are easily the strongest physically, with even their lowest class being capable of uprooting small trees and wooden posts.
Pros: Balanced all around heavy assault (Melee and Ranged ), High armor, high strength and HP
Cons: Low speed, average accuracy, limited ammo.
Special: Cover (A Heavy Combat is the "Tank" of the group, and once a turn can put themselves in the way of an attack.)
Weapons: All weapons are available to a Heavy Combat unit.
Classes: Warrior, Fighter, Champion- More Under Development.

Recon/Stealth/Infiltration - The Recon units do exactly as their name implies, running stealth and obersvation missions. They have limited stealth capabilities, and very good sensors. Though they are not very strong, they tend to make up for it with their training to think on their feet and use terrain to their advantage. Recon units are also equipped with light melee weapons if they choose, and light ranged, making them somewhat effective at short ranged. In the end, their most effective weapon is their training to use the terrain and their natural advantages as Wundkind to their advantage.
Pros: Very fast, decent hand to hand combat, very high perception and accuracy, good Ranged (Short: 5-20 yards), limited stealth.
Cons: Very low armor, very low strength.
Special: Lock On (A Recon Unit's job is to collect information. They can lock on to a target to put a computerized beacon on that target to have it appear on their sensors at all times, up to a 500 yard range. Line of Sight.)
Weapons: All light weapons.
Classes: Watcher, Oberserver, Recorder- More under development.

Light combat (melee) - Light Melee units are the outrunners of the Wunderkind. Their role is quick, precise strikes against an opponant, or quick recovery of an objective. Capable of moving upwards of 80 miles per hour unassisted, part of their virtual training involves distance running. Equipped with melee weapons, a Light Combat unit CAN be upgraded with ranged capability, however it is not part of their training and their targeting systems do not support them. In situations where speed is an issue, a Light Melee can activate their XLR8 System, projecting a shell of frictionless energy around themselves, allowing them to slide in and out of combat situations at extremely high speeds, run down an objective, or just move remarkably fast.
Pros: Very fast, very high agility and reflexes, high accuracy, extreme melee assault
Cons: Low Strength, low HP, very bad short range.
Special: XLR8 System (Double movement speed running on it's own energy. Last until cancelled or depleted.)
Weapons: All light weapons, most Medium weapons.
Classes: Pikeman, Lancer, Dragoon- More under development.

Light combat (Ranged) - Light Ranged units fall into two groups, direct combat and Snipers. Although very similar, there are a few key differences in the two; Combat units face opponants and objectives head on, helping their brothers and sisters with cover fire and ranged support. A Sniper's duty is to take position outside of the battlefield and do surgical damage to adversaries, or keep their objective safe. Other than primary function, both are very similar, with rechargable energy packs powering their weapons, and their sensors and targetting systems assisting the child to make precise and tricky shots. They are not, however, built to stand on their own in melee combat very effectively.
Pros: Very fast, very high accuracy, unlimited (Rechargable) ammo, effective short to mid range (5-250 yards)
Cons: Very low HP, extremely low Strength.
Special: Infrared (Built in infrared/Night vision, accuracy uneffected by light conditions.)
Weapons: Light and Medium ranged weapons, Sniper Rifles, light melee weapons.
Classes: Archer, Bowman, Rifleman- More under development.

Heavy Ranged - A child in a Heavy Ranged Wunderkind body is, for all purposes, a walking piece of artillery. Capable of lobbing destructive blasts up to 500 yards, they can inflict heavy damage on an entire area, rather than a single target. By unlocking the inhibitors on their guns, they can unload all their ammo in a short time, and bombard an area with destruction from a distance, severely damaging or desroying any serious threats- Or even buildings- Before the rest of the squad moves in. However, bombardment requires approval from D-52 HQ before the inhibitors can be released. Unlike their Lighter brothers and sisters, a Heavy Ranged can also hold their own in melee combat using their heavy bodies as weapons.
Pros: Powerful ranged (5-500 yards), Demolition Damage (Destroy buildings), Good accuracy.
Cons: Low speed, limited ammo.
Special: Bombard (A Heavy Ranged unit can unload it's entire stock of ammo at once to carpet bomb a small area.)
Weapons: All Ranged weapons, heavy melee weapons.
Classes: Catapult, Ballistae, Trebuchet- more under development.

Medical - Medical units are often dispatched along with the rest of their teams for a variety of reasons. Their role is to assist any injured persons or Wunderkind in the mission area, and call for medical evacs. Within themselves, they carry a library of medical information for normal humans, along with all the design schematics for the other children in their unit. More, they have a constant uplink to their team's status, and can always see their wireframes and status in their minds. Medical units have built in fusion cutters in their arms, and carry a small amount of Utility Scrap to run major field repairs on their brothers and sisters. More, they are constantly being trained further in the medical arts, and how to repair their family using any resource available.
Pros: High speed, high perception, status linkup with all team members, holds team members schematics.
Cons: Low strength, weak attacks.
Special: Repair (Once a turn, a Medical unit can repair light damage on a team mate, along with their normal action. Repair only repairs 1 HP worth of damage, but is a free action and usable every turn.),
Special: Status Link (A Medical unit can always see their teams status and detect ailments and problems.)
Weapons: Fusion Cutters, Light Weapons.
Classes: Medic, Field Doc, Doctor- More under development.

Support (Science, Repair, Technical, General) - Support units are Wunderkind who's directive is to assist around Headquarters, be it assisting D-52 Personel, or working to keep the building maintained. Every team of Wunderkind has a Support attached, and despite not being dispatched with their brothers and sisters, are still just as much part of the family, and every bit as important. Generally, Wunderkind that turn out to be unable to participate in combat are repurposed to a Support class.
Pros: Good assistants, all purpose helpers.
Cons: Very low stats, NOT COMBAT WORTHY.
Special: None.
Weapons: None.
Classes: Helper.

Pilot (Dual-Class) - Pilots, as their title suggests, are the pilots of their teams. Trained to not just pilot any vehicle, but to upload themselves into and literally become the vehicles they choose to take. Using special Etherware and uplinks, they can deep dive into any vehicle, even if it lacks an internal computer. More, all Pilots are capable of self sustained flight, meaning along with their 'shapeshifting', they receive more training than any other Archetype of Wunderkind. More, Pilots are equpped with diagnostics for many common vehicles in their internal databases, and the tools and equipment to fix and maintain vehicles. Pilots can also be dual typed with one of the light combat models, increasing their combat potential.
Pros: High speed, innately flight capable, dual class capable (Light combat), Carries vehicle schematics.
Cons: Low strength, Low combat potential (If not Dual Classed).
Special: Interface (A pilot can upload themselves via Deep Dive into any vehicle, even ones without true computer systems or Etherware, and become the vehicle itself.)
Weapons: All light weapons, any medium weapon.
Classes: Rider, Driver, wheelman- More under development.

Intel (Dual-Class) - Intel units boast some of the most powerful computers of any of the Wunderkind. Their job is to coordinate the Wunderkind's efforts, making sure that everyone is on the same page and ready to move as quickly as possible. Intel units automatically interface with all units nearby, enabling them to communicate with one another on a non-verbal level, making them sort of technological telepaths in their units. Intel units also store all collected information on targets and objectives, storing it in their internal databases. They can automatically share information nessessary for their missions instantly with their team. Also, Intel units carry all schematics for the Wunderkind on their teams, and the vehicle schematics that the pilots carry. On their own, an Intel unit isn't horribly effective in battle. But with their team, they greatly increase the capabilities of their brothers and sisters.
Pros: Very high perception, very high accuracy, carries all schematics.
Cons: Low combat potential, low strength, average speed.
Specials: Uplink (Intel units automatically uplink their minds to those of their team (Up to 500 yards), enabling team communication via thought.),
Battle Intel (Intel units can obtain detailed information on adversaries, and relay it to their team)
Situational Intel (with the support of their Intel unit, Wunderkind can be more prepared for challenges they are about to undertake)
Weapons: Any Light weapons.
Classes: Tower, Kite, Heater.

Valkyrie (Elite)- Capabilities unknown.
Juggernaut (Elite)- Capabilities unknown.`

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:09 am

Name: Samuel Charles Finley
Serial: SACF0009
DoB/Age: November 28th, 3747 (8 years old)
Archetype: Light Ranged
Class: Archer
Strengths: Following directions, accuracy
Weaknesses: Excitability, impatience, discomfort in face-to-face violence
Hobbies/Interests: Comics, baseball, dinosaurs
Background: Six months ago, Sam lost his father in a robbery gone bad at their family-owned store in Deck City. His mother was hit in the spine by a stray gunshot during the same robbery, losing mobility in both legs and one arm as a result. With no other family members alive, and his mother unable to work due to the injury, there was little choice but place him with the Heart of Love orphanage until he could be found a foster family to take care of him. When Project Bluesky began, with Sam not yet placed with a family (demand being quite high and eligible families with enough space low since the Doomsday event) he jumped at the opportunity. With his mother's grudging permission, he was allowed to join, and has greatly enjoyed his time since.

ElComodoro
The Bard(With optional 1000 sands attachment)

Unread postby ElComodoro » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:53 pm

Sorry for the late entry, but if the spots aren't filled, I'm interested. I might need a day or so to figure out a juicy character concept

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:21 pm

Name:James McQueen
Serial: JAMQ 008
DoB/Age: June 11th, 3743 (12 years old)
Place of Birth: Deck City
Archtype: Heavy Combat
Class: Warrior
Strengths: High endurance, tons of trivia
Weaknesses: Loud, kind of obnoxious, has an insubordinate tendency
Hobbies/Interests: Loves to eat, and peruses books for trivia. Also enjoys getting into as much trouble as he can.
Background:
James comes from a middle-class family living just outside Deck City. James lived a fairly normal life up until he was diagnosedJames was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia at the age of 11. He went through all sorts of treatments, but none of them worked. His parents even began looking for experimental treatments, but again, none of them worked. The leukemia then began to spread to the spinal cord, which treatment that much more difficult. He was his parents' life, so they poured their entire savings into his treatment. His parents were approached towards the end of his expected life. He was told that he wouldn't survive until the end of the year. His parents, when told he could be saved, jumped at the oppurtunity, though were quite sad they wouldn't see their son again. Still, the fact that their son would live was reason enough to enter him into the program. D-52 also compensated his parents very well, which also alleviated their severe medical bills.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:14 am

How did two people come up with the same name (and age) for entirely different characters? Great, now I'm going to have to spend another 3 days coming up with a new name.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:36 am

...what?

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:50 pm

Haha, which name was it, Brian?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:53 pm

My guess is "James McQueen". The others seem a little too random to have also been dreamed up by BW.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:01 pm

And to think I thought up the name because I'd just been talking to a friend about The Great Escape, and I was thinking about one of our D&D RPers here at home.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Hah. James. I fuckin' love that kid.

GOOD JAMES STORY: We were gonna play Mutants & Masterminds, and he looked for a power to base his character around. What power did he choose? BURROWING. He was a giant super-strong burrowing slug-man. BEST CHARACTER EVER.

OTHER GOOD JAMES STORY: One time his (SUPREMELY GOAL-ORIENTED) raptoran Fighter from our D&D game interrupted the trial for heresy of the archivist for a Lawful Good church before the church's Grand Inquisitor to ask the archivist if he found a piece of information for him yet while the archivist was chained up, soon to be executed. Those assembled for the trial had to tell James's character that no, he couldn't borrow the prisoner for a couple minutes and bring him back later.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:24 am

Name: Emily Hasting
Serial: EMLHA010
DoB/Age: 3742 (13 years old)
Archtype: Pilot/Ranged combat
Class: Rider
Strengths: Quick learner, mechanically inclined, dutiful
Weaknesses: Stubborn, potentially reckless, competitive
Hobbies/Interests: Mechanics, astronomy, drama

Background:
Emily was born within Deck City itself, and is very much a city kid, despite numerous trips abroad. She had a very firm idea of what she wanted to do when she grew up, namely to be a pilot, maybe even work her way into the space program. These plans were shattered by a fire which swept through her family's apartment. Although not serious in the grand sheme of things, it was more than sufficient to alter the course of her life. With burns covering most of her body and the ever-present risk of infection, she was not expected to survive.
Emily regards her new life very much as a second chance, and works hard to be worthy of it. Having been saved from certain death twice over, she is quite serious about paying it forward by helping others in need, ample opportunities for which should arise in her new career. That said, she is friendly and outgoing during downtime, and is quick to suggest group activities.

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:55 pm

Name:Lauren Ashton
Serial:LAAS007
DoB/Age: July 17, 3744 (12 years old)
Archetype: Light combat (Melee)
Class: Pikeman
Strengths: Dexterity, Zealous, Stubborn, Cheap shots, Pain tolerance, Loyalty to D-52
Weaknesses: Zealous, Stubborn, Terrible at lying
Hobbies/Interests: Super heroes, self-defense, history

Background:
Lauren's lived in Deck City all of her life, with her mother and her father...most of the time. Her mother is a modestly successful non-fiction author, while her father works for D-52. He was never very specific about what he did, and would occasionally have to leave for business trips to undisclosed locations, for months at a time. When he [i]was[/i] home, he taught his daughter some very practical self-defense techniques, and a strong sense of personal honor. He left on another "business trip" just prior to the Doomsday Crisis, and simply disappeared. Lauren refuses to believe that her father could be dead, and has endured teasing about this for quite some time. It wasn't until she saw a classmate transition from picking on her to picking on another student that she realized that even when ignoring bullies [i]works[/i], it just makes them transfer their attention to someone else. The bully received the edge of a cafeteria lunch tray to the gut, and Lauren received a trip to the principal's office, and a rather stern discussion with her mother.

...but her father had taught her to never let anyone stop her from doing what was right. Lauren vowed to eliminate bullying no matter the cost to her, and, through a combination of intimidation and physical violence, was moderately successful. The self-defense she learned from her father was largely based upon cheap shots: simple maneuvers to inflict a large amount of pain. Even the fights she lost were uncomfortable enough for the winner to think twice about doing it again.

Of course, this crusade did not go unnoticed by the authorities. She faced expulsion from the school, and a perpetual grounding from her mother. As a result of her grounding, she turned to books as her entertainment. The only social functions she was permitted to attend were the D-52 company parties that she and her mother were invited to out of respect for her father. At one of these parties, she overheard a careless conversation about Project Bluesky and what it entails...and developed a plan.

Shortly afterward, she just happened to fall from a balcony. A friend happened to be looking on to verify that it was an accident. The balcony just happened to be a floor lower than one a man had fallen from a week prior, a man who had received near-fatal injuries....

Occasionally, even incredibly stupid plans pay off.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:26 am

Name: Enzo De Luca
Serial: ENDL009
DoB/Age: 3742/13
Archtype: Intel/Light Melee
Class: Tower
Strengths: Creative, collected, decisive.
Weaknesses: Dislikes confrontation, tendency to over explain things.
Hobbies/Interests: Sculpting, drawing, painting, drumming, chess.
Background: Enzo was an unplanned pregnancy, and his mother could not afford to raise him. At the same time, she didn't feel right about aborting him, and didn't particularly have money for that either. She surrendered him to the Deck City Orphanage, where she was assured he would be well looked after. Enzo was a pleasant child, and his life was very good. However, for some reason he never seemed to get adopted. One day, Enzo was the victim of a strange, as yet unexplained accident: He was discovered unconscious in a wood working shop, his hands badly mangled. All the machines were powered down, though a few were out of place, and those that seemed to have been used to do the deed were not hooked up to an active power source. Enzo couldn't shed any light on the incident, having been so traumatized that he apparently repressed the memory of the entire event. He became depressed by the loss of his hands, and it was then that a representative from D52 told him about Project Bluesky. He chose to join almost immediately.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:50 am

I will be posting the start of the RP soon, so here is some last minute notes to help people begin-

The kids are just finishing up their solo training. If you need details on a characters specific training, let me know and I'll give you what you need. They have NOT met their team mates yet, nor do they even know who they are. IF your characters are from the orphanage, you will recognize them when you meet them. The exception is BW and Kelne's characters, who both know the other is in the project and both are being trained to fill the same role. They still trained solo though.

This is the FIRST GENERATION of the project. The kids are THE FIRST Wunderkind. They know they're going to have android bodies, but they do not know the abilities thereof just yet.

The kids have been in the project a maximum of 6 months now. They are very acutely aware of how much time has passed for them, seeing as how they have atomic clocks in their heads.

I think that's it. If there's any more questions you have right off, let me know. I will continue using this thread to give Data Updates (Information your characters would begin knowing about NPCS) and news articles, if your kid wants to keep up to date on world happenings.

Edit: http://forums.rpgww.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9382

Starting team:
Sylvie
Darren
Alexis
Samuel Finley
Lauren
And the Hasting Twins (Kelne and BW)
Enzo

Everyone else will be part of the second/third generation of Wunderkind, and worked into missions appropriately.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:26 pm

(un)FASHIONABLY LATE! Also, Spleen has the right of it. No big loss, wasn't a huge fan of that name, and it gave me the opportunity to reimagine my character as Kelne's twin brother!

Name: Maxwell Hasting
Serial: MAHA010
DoB/Age: April 12, 3743 (Age 13)
Archtype: Pilot/Light Ranged (sniper)
Class: Rider
Strengths: Calm under pressure, mechanically inclined, sense of direction
Weaknesses: competitive, difficulty driving like a sane person, doesn't always respond to authority
Hobbies/Interests: mechanics, action movies, photography
Background:

Max and Emily Hasting have a pretty unique background that makes them well suited to the pilot archetype. They come from a long history of aviation on their mother's side of the family, and motorsports on their father's side. Emily takes after her mother whereas Max takes after his father, which has lead to a substantial amount of good-natured family competition. This competition is one of the things that helped keep the family together during frequent periods where one, or both parents were away.

Both Max and Emily have spent a lot of time traveling abroad with their parents, attending various competitions, events, and the occasional movie set where a relative is doing stunt work. However, there have been just as many times where the parents couldn't take their kids along, and left them in the care of local family and friends. This has lead both kids to develop a sense of independence, and an identity as children of Deck City.

Being under the legal driving age, Max doesn't have a lot of actual behind-the-wheel experience--although both he and his sister have some, both behind the wheel and the yoke--but he has a lot of experience hanging around gearheads in garages, hangers, tracks, and airstrips, and sneaking around these places when the adults aren't watching. Max is generally calm (he would probably describe himself as "smooth"), but when he gets around high-performance vehicles, much less in one, his adrenaline starts pumping and he really feels alive.

The fire that tore through the family's apartment building happened while the parents were out of town, and the twins' aunt was staying with them. All three were in bed when it happened. Sometimes, everything just goes wrong... all three were caught in a backdraft while trying to escape, suffering severe burns all over their bodies. None of them were expected to have much chance for survival.

Max was much more excited about the prospect of being turned into an android war machine than his parents were, but they couldn't deny him a new lease on life. He is determined to prove to his family that he is not just a mindless soldier/mercenary, and that he and his future allies can do some good in the world. Besides, Max always wanted to be a stunt driver. Now he gets to be a stunt vehicle! How cool is that?

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:47 pm

Just unexpectedly out of touch for the next couple of days, so Emily goes on NPC duty for the moment.

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:17 am

Totally expectedly out of touch for a couple of days, so similar story.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:59 am

I AM SHOCKED.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:01 pm

And now, my friends, we have our first Project Bluesky Database Entry! These will be posted as NPCs are brought in for the first time, and contain information that is already within the children's database, accessable by their freakin' computer brains.

Edit: I should clarify here. The Database is the place where the children live while digitized. Database Entries are updates to the kids personal computer-brains. I really should have used a different term.

Name: Byron M. Rivendare.
D.O.B: May 27, 3736 (30 years old.)
Hair: Red.
Eyes: Green.
Height: 5 feet, 11 inches.
Occupation: Head of Deck City security and defense, head of the Diamond branch(Security and defense department).
Additional Information: Rivendare is well liked around the Deck, and Deck City, for his generally approachable, friendly personality. Some question why a man as seemingly disorganized and 'silly' such as himself has been put in charge of the defense of Deck City and it's people. However, those people have not seen Rivendare in a crisis situation, where his cool head and level personality help keep the situation in hand.

Rivendare is also known to personally handle security issues, no matter how dangerous. His custom Shock Stick, the Rivendare 20, is kept on hand at all times, and his proficiency with the weapon keeps many opponents off guard. During the Doomsday Crisis, he personally lead the Deck Defense Formation (DDF) in defense of the city.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:28 pm

DATABASE UPDATE: This post will be used for all other Wunderkind, starting with our good friend Thirteen:

Name: Thirteen
Serial: Unknown.
DoB/Age: May 27th, XXXX (Presumed 9 years old)
Place of Birth: Unknown.
Archtype: Unknown.
Class: Unknown.
Strengths: Crypticism.
Weaknesses: Making sense.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:55 pm

I'll second that!

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:10 am

Some of you may notice that your first mission just ended. What does that mean? MISSION END SEQUENCE.

Mission ends are quite simple. They are the end of the mission. You can see at the bottom there that there's the little statistic thing at the bottom there. A lot of it is self explanatory:

Status- Did you complete the mission you were sent to do? Did you fail? Sometimes it may not be clear right off.
Secret Objective- EVERY MISSION HAS A SECRET OBJECTIVE. It's something you can do, but don't have to do. Generally, if you find the secret objective, you'll learn things about the missions and plots you might not have known before, or meet new NPCs that might help, or might hurt you. Bonus EXP will be awarded for finding them from the very small, subtle clues given.
Damages- Did Sam inadvertantly blow something up? Did Silvie's arms fall off AGAIN? That's coming out of your paycheck.
Gains- Good workers make the company money. Company money rolls downhill into your pockets.
CP- None given, yet. CP is basically GURPS' answer to Exp- It's Character points. Refer to the GURPS Handbook if you need more of an explaination.
MVPs- This is a house rule I'm using. At the end of every mission, everyone (Via AIM) can vote on the mission's MVP. It can be because you particularly liked that person's character development, they did something awesome, or said something funny. The winner, once I have all the votes (Or once one full day has passed since the mission finished), will be awarded an extra character point. That's very nice in GURPS.

Furthermore, Mission Ends will prompt a Newscast. They can be ignored, if you choose, or read in character. They are extra flavor concerning the goings-on on Krynus, and may give some clues as to the upcoming missions. They will be posted in this thread.

Next, Mission Summaries. Again, this is something OPTIONAL that you CAN do, but there IS a reward. Everyone who writes up an in character Mission Summary and sends it to me via PM will receive an extra CP for the mission. This is effective immediately.

FINALLY: Sheets will be due by the end of Mission 03, which I suspect will be sometime in September. To start, you have 100 CP to spend on stuff from the GURPS Base, Supers, and Mecha supplements. I will be looking over the sheets and approving them as they come in, so take your time and make sure you like them. Once I have them, I will apply the Archetype/Class bonuses myself and returning them to you.

I hope everyone's enjoying the campaign as much as I'm enjoying running it.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:13 am

And now, without further ado, the first Newscast, just as your characters pick it up off the Database:

Ninja Surfer Kid Six Cancelled!

Following an on-set accident in the Tropic of Enkulai, the feature film "Ninja Surfer Kid Six: Revenge of the Alliterator" has been cancelled. No details are available at this time, though rumors have surfaced concerning an attack on a crew member by a Porcupine Shark. The director and producers have declined comment at this time.

The film, starring popular child starlet Kidritta Osbourne, was set to hit theatres next summer, joining the near-traditional race to be the 'big summer blockbuster". The Ninja Surfer Kid series is well known for being appealing to children with it's generally silly subject matter, as well as adults with it's more grown up humor, writing and action. The film also would have marked the young Malkonian actress' tenth movie, as well as her most anticipated to date.

More on page E9.

Rainy Season Fast Approaching!

From late June to early September, the skies above most of the Alliance, and Empire, are blotted out by thick clouds.

Scientists have never been able to explain the near constant rain for two months, although many citizens and business have not only come to accept it, but work with it to help their business and crops.

The worst rain comes right in the middle of July, causing the temperature in an otherwise warm month to plummet to a chilly fifty degrees in mid day. The storms have also historally been known to cause widespread outtages and losses in city services for days, sometimes weeks at a time. We highly recommend stocking up on supplies and batteries, and preparing for the worst.

Bizarre Attacks Strike Joker District!

While the Joker District has never been completely 'safe', some citizens agree that it's been even less so, recently. The problem is that the most recent string of attacks has left the Diamond Beaurow baffled.

The attacks allegedly happen between the hours of 10 PM and 2 AM, in near total darkness. The victims never remember what happen, only waking up after passing out covered in cuts and bruises, with dampened clothes.

At this time, the Diamond Beaurow has no leads, and encourages caution while traveling through the Joker District at night.

Bleechers Unappologetic For Hate Rally

The local sect of Bleechers has openly stated that it will not, under any circumstances, appologize for it's behavior last month.

Bleechers, easily identified by their cultural mark of bleeching their skin pale white, have been around all over the world since the Great War, eighty years ago. Their stance is that the Empire should have seized control of the Allied powers, as it had threatened to do, and wiped out all "nondesirables" (Including the poor, and those with different religious beliefs and sexual preferences.). The Empire has denounced them from the start, but that seems to only encourage Bleechers to misbehave and spread their word of intolerance and hate.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:15 pm

Hey, Mike asked me to post here to note he'll be out of town from now up to and including the weekend. He's off Genconnin'. :nyoron:

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:29 pm

As a few questions have come up, I realize I should probably post some of the information concerning mission reports, including a sample.

Firstly, like I said before, if you type up an IC Mission report and send it to me via PM, you will be awarded 1 CP (Exp) bonus for the mission. The deadline on mission reports is 48 hours real time after the mission ends, or the beginning of the second mission, whichever comes later. I will always try to have the next mission up within 24 hours of the previous ending.

The mission reports are processed through the Wunderkind themselves using their internal functions. Basically, they think out a report to send, send it, and it's automatically emailed to Rivendare through their systems.

Now, a sample:

MIssion Report submitted by: Janet Denise McClellan (JADM013)
Mission Date: June 12, 3756

We were instructed to enter the unformatted area, and find "Robert." As instructed, we went, and we saw that that area was a pretty big...Natural looking area. A lot of the stuff we see is different from what you guys would think, I guess. Anyway, we looked around, before we figured out we didn't actually know what we were looking for.

The pilots (Max and Emily) tried to fly around, but that didn't help, so we looked on foot. There was a big forest area that we checked around in, and...Well, we found Robert. We didn't know we were looking for a cat; I guess we were supposed to ask, huh?

We brought Robert back, and completed the mission according to parameters.

Notes: My internal clock errored somehow. I'm due to be looked at to
morrow (June 13th.).

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:15 am

Just letting people know, if anyone needs help with their GURPS sheet, I can help out with that.

Next

Return to OOC RP Discussion