Renfair!

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

tromkehra

Renfair!

Unread postby tromkehra » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:50 pm

I was wondering who would like to make plans to go to the Maryland Renaissance Fair? So we can make plans, such as which day we wanna go, where we should all meet up, how many people are going, car pooling, the whole nine yards.

If anyone wouldn't mind helping me plan this along that'd also be really awesome :D! I think we could put our heads together to have a couple people meet up to go to the renfair for one day or even two if we want to dare it :O.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:19 am

Mike and I live in Maryland.

Have you got a website with details like what city it's in, dates & stuff?

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:03 am

Joe and I are planning on going, probably with a fairly large-sized group. Give us some notion of when, please.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:44 pm

http://www.rennfest.com/ <--Link: He come to town.

August:
23, 24, 30, 31
September:
1, 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28
October:
4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19
Open from 10:00am - 7:00pm.

"The Maryland Renaissance Festival is located on Crownsville Road, in Anne Arundel County in Crownsville, just outside of Annapolis, MD. (1821 Crownsville Rd, Crownsville MD)"

http://www.rennfest.com/map-pop.html <--Map Link: He come to town, too.

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:52 pm

http://www.rennfest.com/ This is the website to the maryland renfest! The time of when we will go, well I'm open for discussion on that one. What day would be best for everyone, or what day we would like to work for. I'd want to say somewhere in early to mid September so it'll be fairly warm, but now over barringly hot. Also the evening wont be so chilly that we'll need coats.

The website doesn't have their entertainment schedule up yet so, don't know when certain performers will be showing at what days.

The renfest is open from 10a.m. to 7 p.m. So if we show up later or if we want to leave early we'll have plenty of time to run around. I know that a lot of good stuff happens on the Saturdays that they are open, I haven't been to the renfest on a Sunday, but I heard it's not as big on Sundays.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:59 pm

Besyanteo wrote:"The Maryland Renaissance Festival is located on Crownsville Road, in Anne Arundel County in Crownsville, just outside of Annapolis, MD. (1821 Crownsville Rd, Crownsville MD)"
We live in Anne Arundel County.

Actually, according to Mapquest, that's like, 10 miles away from home. We'd spend more time waiting at lights than actually driving (NB: not a complaint).

So yeah. If others will be there, you can count us in. In fact, we may well show up even if the rest of you louts don't.

We should be able to offer living-room-style lodging to out-of-towners. We have a rather nice air mattress and a not-rather-nice (to sleep on) couch (too small!). But, if you're allergic to cats, you won't be able to breath here. Sorry, Dave, Kate. :[

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:10 pm

Kristen has her own car now! We may come up there! Not sure; I'm not exactly easy on anyone who has the misfortune to room with me. I snore like a small bomb going off. I suppose we could always invest in cheap hotel rooms in the same area.

I keep forgetting that Kristen has that... we can, like, GO places now. o_o

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:38 pm

Yes I have my own car now! *Evil laughter* I might be bringing my friend Liz I'm not sure, mostly because she has massage therapy internship on Saturdays :/.

Perhaps we should get onto the chatroom and talk about this some more about dates and such.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:01 am

I notice the dates run from the end of August, all of September, and the beginning of October. I think sometime in early or mid September is a good time. Mike and I have recently had two trips out to visit family, and that's been draining--in both the physical/mental & financial sense. And the "days off work" sense. Waiting a bit of time would be good so we can has energy & time & money for the trip.

The offer of rooming still stands. I dunno how your sister will deal, since she'd be in the same room with you, but I imagine Mike and I will be fine--we live in an apartment, so we've learned a few tricks for dealing with noise (bringing the fan into the room and running it on low works wonders for draining out noises, like loud, slow, irregular water drips outside the bedroom window, or that obnoxious prat of a neighbor who plays his music too loud when you want to sleep at night).

Of course, having your own hotel room offers some cool amenities, too. Like beds! So it's totally up to you.

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:30 pm

I would actually like to take you guys up on that offer. I dunno if Jason will. I have a couple tricks on how to drone Jason out. Also I can bring one of the air matresses from home so we don't have to sleep in the same one. I really don't like the idea of getting a hotel.

Also spending the night at your and mikes place means more time to hang out :D.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:47 am

Sure. If you bring a friend, make sure to ask if she's allergic to cats, and how much. I'm always surprised when someone comes over to the apartment and can't breathe because of the cat dander (I've been allergic all my life, but it's a much milder reaction).

We always keep some loratadine (antihistamine) around if it's a mild allergy.

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:36 pm

Nah she doesn't have any allergies to cats. She has a cat herself.

How does everyone feel about aiming for the 20th of September?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:48 pm

September 20th doesn't set off any warning bells, but I'll know more about my scheduling closer to the date.

We have a couch in the hardcore super-apartment we'll be living in next year, so conceivably we could sleep someone, or possibly more than one if one of my roommates has an air mattress or something of the sort. We don't have a cat (I'm allergic myself).
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:40 am

Sep 20 sounds good to me!

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:54 pm

Alrighty the 20th it is then :D!

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:55 pm

Well I was thinking about all the little things that we don't really need to worry about until later. Still better to be prepared than fight with a fish.

I was thinking that Jason, our friend Liz and myself would head out about 8:30-9 ish, which should get us to Mike an Dia's place around ten I believe? We could get settled and head for the renfair around 11 or so. Give ourselves how ever much time we need to prepare. lol like getting bodices on XP. (Who needs to breath :D? Not meee X3!) I wouldn't want to wear mine in the car while I'm driving, just too uncomfortable to think about XP.

If we need to change something about it let me know, so we can re-arrange for different plans.

Also for meeting Spleen! I know you said you were planning on bringing lots o' people, so I don't know if you have your own plans and just try to meet randomly at the fair, or should we plan something and meet at a specific place?

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:57 am

tromkehra wrote:I was thinking that Jason, our friend Liz and myself would head out about 8:30-9 ish, which should get us to Mike an Dia's place around ten I believe? We could get settled and head for the renfair around 11 or so. Give ourselves how ever much time we need to prepare. lol like getting bodices on XP. (Who needs to breath :D? Not meee X3!) I wouldn't want to wear mine in the car while I'm driving, just too uncomfortable to think about XP.

I would allow yourself a little more travel time than that. We normally give ourselves 2 hours to and from. Of course, we're normally traveling in the afternoon, too.

I like the "get settled" part. I think we should include "get lunch" in there, so we can be all stuffed before heading to the renfair. Then we can spend our monies on shinies or dessert rather than the giant bird legs--which while tasty, are messy and cost inefficient.

I am cool with the idea of cooking food for the lot of us, which will be cheaper than eating out. Ground turkey is especially affordable, and would allow for a huge helping of spaghetti & meat sauce (and bread!) or hamburger helper. Chicken breast costs a bit more but is exceptionally easy to cook in quantity, and unlikely to bother anyone's stomach (goes well with rice or steamed veggies...and bread).

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:49 pm

The only food allergy in this lot is Kristen's problems with Orange Oil, so none of that should be problematic! Yay!

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:08 pm

I'm not thinking "food allergy" so much as how different foods cooked different ways can upset some folks' stomachs. It sure would suck to get to the renfair and then have the runs the whole time. D=

[edit] Seriously, orange oil? I never heard of it.

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:04 pm

Hee yea, Orange and lime zest so far. No other citrus zests seem to affect me. I only recently found out that I'm allergic to lime zest, cause fifteen minutes after I had it my tongue started to swell.

"Mommy my tongue feels too big for my mouth :D."

Also I fail.... I got your address from Mike and then turned off the window XP. I will c/p it this time... or give it to Jason. @.@

Though yea besides any foods upsetting stomachs I think in general with all of us we're all good.

Though yea I'll estimate a little more time into the equation though we'll try and get there between 10:30-11ish. I like the idea of having food before the fair. You Rock Dia X3!

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:12 pm

I go to college. Plans are made 10 hours in advance, max. I will know more when I'm at school, and far more on September 19th.

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:58 pm

Alrighty got the address this time and remembered to write it down :D!

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:27 am

Hey Dia, do you and mike have a vhs player. I can't remember off the top of my head. I way just wondering, because I wanted to bring an old final fantasy movie that's based after ff5.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:48 pm

Oh man, I know that one. D: =D Yeah, we got a VCR. It's not hooked up, though I've been meaning to get around to that.

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:44 pm

Then I shall bring old ff movie >D!

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:29 pm

Hey Dia,

I have another friend that I wanted to drag along as well. I hope you don't mind ^^;. It's his birthday and his parents have been keeping him busy for the entire summer (Sadly I'm not exaggerating.) It'll be a couple days after his birthday but I thought it'd be nice. :)

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:10 am

It shouldn't be a problem so long as he doesn't have any surprise allergies and takes care of his hygiene so he doesn't smell. :]

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:20 pm

Tim is a clean fellow, yes! I can't vouch for allergies, though. I don't know him that well yet.

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:11 pm

Tim doesn't have any allergies he's got a couple cats and I think one dog.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:36 am

Cool. Four people will be crowded, though--you'll want to bring some sleeping bags.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:06 pm

That's actually four people in your living room at this point... >_>;

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:15 pm

I can count.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:29 pm

I was more concerned that you would take issue with the fact that it was four, should it turn out that you didn't realize that's what Kristen was asking for. We're imposing on you quite a bit here.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:17 pm

At this point in time it may be worthwhile to start looking into a hotel room. I'm not sure 4 people can comfortably sleep in our living room.

Which is not to say we can't still hang out and get our lunchings on.

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:33 am

It's starting to look like Tim wont be able to make it. He's got a seriously hectic class schedule in front of him. Sorry to impose so much. :/

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:57 pm

Three will work, and we would be able to take one (temporarily crowded) car to the ren fest and back. Let us know the number of folks for certain when you can.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:15 pm

Anyone who needs to crash at our apartment can make use of our full-size futon and couch. Or, if they're a hot chick, they can make use of my bed with me in it ;-)

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:04 pm

Aww spleen you're so sweet :D. Unfortunately, through aim we've talked about not staying at Dia and Mike's place. It'll be too long a weekend for me to keep my eyes open around little ones. Also I think it makes it less to worry about, and gives everyone a little more time to relax from rennfest. (Also need to learn to keep my mouth shut about stuffs like this, especially when people want me to be the form of transportation.) *Fails a little* ^^;.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:54 pm

Weelll...there can be other times when people crash at our place! The above offer of hot chicks in my bed still applies.

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:14 am

Does that mean I get to go into your bed Spleen? :D

Next

Return to Discussion Forum