Yay for me!

A haven of general sanity and simplicity--this is the place for all ye new posters, chatters, and RPers to post your introductions, questions, and general whatnot. Come in and break the ice!

Moderator: pd Rydia

zephyrclaudius
Engraved on this user is a smile!

Yay for me!

Unread postby zephyrclaudius » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:25 am

Hello everybody! I'm very happy I've found this website, even though the method of which I used to find it could perhaps be a bit strange, I hope I'm accepted quite quickly into this universe. My name is Tj, or Teej as I'm more renowned as, and I am a veteran roleplayer.

I, like a great many in my generation, started roleplaying on Neopets. Long story short, I hate grammar errors, plot holes, and little girls and boys trying to cyber whilst their parents are in the room over. I quickly moved on to several Proboards sites, and am, in fact, still a member of a handful. There, I perfected not only my character creation skills, but also my length and depth of writing skill bucket with which I dip into my well-like mind.

For the past year, I have not been roleplaying much. The answer, quite simply, is senior year high schooling. Now that that is over with, I am very happy to get back into the circuit and get to the playing of roles.

Now, on to how I found this site. I play Dwarf Fortress, as many of you may also do. Ever since I started playing last summer, I've slowly become more and more obsessed with dwarven culture, and, looking through the Wiki quickly, I was very pleased to find Dwarves as a race! Needless to say, I register as quickly as I could, and...

Nothing. School once more got in my way, and my account password fell into the deepest recesses of my well. After months of mental anguish and torture, I barely kept even the lightest grasp on my Roleplaying skills, and, after Graduation last Sunday, quickly hit up my old sites. Among them was a dusty, seldom used link to this very website, in which I am just now getting to use.

I hope you all welcome me with open arms, as I would to you were you to come and play at my other favorite roleplaying board.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:52 am

WE HATE YOU IMMEDIATELY.

I'm kidding. Welcome to the board! My name is Dave, but everyone calls me Spleen. If you need any help with anything besides Philsys, feel free to ask me.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm finding a creative way to murder my tax collector and hammerer.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

zephyrclaudius
Engraved on this user is a smile!

Unread postby zephyrclaudius » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:17 am

Thanks Spleen, and have fun with your murder!
Star of the ever unfamous [u]Everybody Loves TJ[/u], currently being formatted for Drunk Duck Comic Hosting.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:44 am

Welcome to RPGWW! Have a +time+.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:56 am

I'm Christian. And that's my name. I hail from the land of the Ice and Snow and Smorgasbord and I also hope you'll have a +time+.

la_chibi

Unread postby la_chibi » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:46 pm

Howdy. I'm la_chibi, also known as chibs or Lys. Howdy!

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:53 pm

I'm Sage, the resident armed forces member. You won't see me around much for a while, but I'm here. Watching.

ALWAYS WATCHING.

...So enjoy!

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:12 pm

I am watching, too.

Did you just pick your nose? Ew.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Quite pleased to have you here, Tj! If you need help with setting info or the homegrown system that gets used a good bit around here (Spleen mentioned Philsys, I believe), feel free to drop me a PM or catch me on whichever messenger client is easiest for you. I'm online just about all the time, so feel free to do whatever.

Also! Inside info? The "short races" don't get played much on RPGWW, so if you're looking to do things with dwarves I am most thrilled to see it happen. Run wild, have fun, and I hope to see you around!

Return to The Newcomers Forum