Bad Wolf

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
darthapples

Unread postby darthapples » Wed May 28, 2008 8:10 pm

Sammy gave a big smile, one that said hi, i may be a few fries short of a happy meal and gave big innocent eyes to the man and shoved a game boy color into his hands.

"It won't work anymore. Can you fix it??" She stared up at him with eyes that said she was certain that he could fix anything in the world. The stench coming off of her unfortunately was not of candy but the street.

She looked over at Adolph and patted him on the head. "Hi doggie, aren't you cute!! Would you like a candy too??" She promptly unwrapped another disfigured bar and held it out, waving it enticingly towards him.
I like these calm little moments before the storm... It reminds me of Beethoven...

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

A description of facial expression by implication, in brief

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu May 29, 2008 10:28 am

Chocolate.

The girl offered him chocolate.

Was she new?
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Thu May 29, 2008 3:40 pm

Natsumi returned her attention Adolph, or Pacing-on-gusts-of-wind as he'd introduced himself as. She still hadn't gotten used to the way wolves spoke, an odd combination of sounds, movements of the head, little hints that formed words... She didn't know how it all worked, but she understood it; A part of her was frustrated because of that, she wanted to observe and learn that way, not have the knowledge thrust upon her.

Now everyone had introduced themselves, except for the young man; she turned to him and realized with a internal groan that the little... girl... thing still hung around, and now she was bugging Pacing-on-gusts-of-wind about something. She closed her eyes for a moment, resisting the urge to pinch the bridge of her nose and then gave a deep sigh.

"Look, kid..." she tried her best not to sound annoyed... which only made that even more obvious, "Sammy... we're kind of in the middle of something here, and..." she paused for a moment, her jaw slightly open. She was going to tell the girl you shouldn't be giving dogs chocolate (that was a fact, or at least her grandma had told her that a looong time ago...), but reflecting on it, she suspected Pacing-on-the-gusts-of-wind wouldn't take too kindly being called a dog...

"And you'd better apologize to Pacing-on-the-gusts-of-winds," she said finally, looking a mixture of stern and unsure about how to continue; she glanced over at Pacing, "I don't think I have to say why..."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri May 30, 2008 6:31 pm

"Er, thanks kid," she said, as she grabbed the bar. Before she could open the wrapper (or clean her hands) she was distracted by something more interesting: the wolf's introduction. Doc still had a hard time getting used to that. He was talking, but not really, and...ugh, it almost gave her a headache. Still, nice name. She'd sound dumb saying out loud, but hey, it worked for him.

...and then that same dumb kid shoved a candy bar in his face. What the hell? "Look, Sammy? He's not just some dog, all right? You heard him talking, didn't you?"

darthapples

Unread postby darthapples » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:25 am

Sammy's face bunched up and tears started pouring down it silently. "Yes I heard him talking that's why I gave him some candy."

She looked down at Adolph "I'm sorry doggie the mean lady said you can't have any candy."
I like these calm little moments before the storm... It reminds me of Beethoven...

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:49 pm

Mean lady?

She was only a couple of years older than this brat? What did...

Hatsumi's tail seemed to momentarily spasm as the large werewolf seethed with repressed emotions.

"Look..." she began, her voice strained to the point of a growl, "we don't... I'm not even sure if you're supposed to be here, this is a pretty important thing, Sammy, and although I think it's nice of you to want to share," her voice said she thought everything but, "now isn't really a good time..." she looked almost pleadingly to the others, hoping one of them would be better at handling younger children; she'd never had much training.

"...please?" she tried before running her hand through the almost hair-like fur on her head.

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:21 pm

Alex sighed at this display. Some people really could use a lesson in good manners. Garou. Whatever. Anyway, something had to be said here, or so he felt, and if no one else was going to say it, he would. "See, Sammy, I'm not sure Doc meant it quite THAT way..." Best to fight down the urge to glare here. "Just that its possible that, uh, Pacing-on-Gusts-of-Wind might get sick if he ate it. Don't want that, do we?"

Ugh. Somehow that didn't feel quite right to Alex, as if he'd somehow said it wrong or managed to insult someone, but... hopefully it would be taken in the proper spirit, right?

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:31 am

"Actually,"

It was the snazzily dressed thin fellow, their final pack-mate, who up till now had been silent. He looked quite amused by the whole scene, and was not attempting to hide it in the slightest.

"While he started life as a wolf, he's Garou now. He can eat chocolate as safely as the rest of us. Of course, it's going to taste like ash to him, but he can down it if he really wants to.

"While we're doing introductions, I'm Greene, but all my net friends will call me Raid. Like the bug killer?"

darthapples

Unread postby darthapples » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Sammy's eyes lit up bright and she stopped crying.

"Ooh I'm good with important things!! I see things that no one else notices. And besides..." looks around at the other groups "you seem to need the most help. I can help! I promise!!"

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:44 am

"I see nothing wrong with having this cub with us," Pacing-on-gusts-of-wind noted. "It is the elders' decisions anyway as to who will be in our pack. If she is here by their beckon, then we have little choice in the matter."

Still, he did not accept the candy bar, or truly, give it a second thought.
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:39 am

"Alright, fine..." she felt slightly embarrassed by the whole thing and just wished they could get on with the whole thing. Apparantly the kid would stay around, not that she really minded or anything, but wouldn't they be given their task, or whatever, soon?

She gnashed her teeth a few seconds before realizing what she was doing. With a sudden stop she looked up at the others.

"Alright... I'm not sure what we're going to be tasked with; the elders of my tribe didn't tell me much about this ritual, but I'm sure it could be anything from standing guard at the Caern the rest of the night, or finding a way to stop a deforesting plan, or..." She was pretty proud of the information she'd managed to worm out of one of the younger garou. Hopefully this'd give the others the impression she knew what she was doing.

darthapples

Unread postby darthapples » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:58 pm

Sammy's face lit up with glee, her chest puffed up proudly.

"Sammy will be big help, you'll see. I promise!!"

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:36 am

Hm. Alex filed away the biology lesson about Adolph for future reference. Either way, he still wasn't sure ANY of this wouldn't just blow up in their faces somehow. "Pleased to meet you as well,Green. Oh, and thanks."

What really bothered Alex now was how much this whole discussion would affect whatever they were supposed to do. Either way, it didn't take a genius to see that he was in for some interesting times ahead.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:24 pm

And then, there was an awkward silence.

How awkward!

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:36 pm

(Sorry, folks. I've been off the computer for a few days, and haven't been able to do anything with the RP.)

Greene cleared his throat rather loudly.

"Well, I guess if we're not going to have any more chitchat, we should go get our assignment from the elders. Before they die of old age, possibly. ... Who's representing us, again?"

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:22 am

(No probalo)

Hatsumi looked up at Greene and her shoulders seemed to make a little dance, first rising, going down and rolling a bit, to anyone familiar with body language, that was your typical "Thanks for the change of subject, 'though regrettably you picked a sensitive one."

"Well, in all honesty I think... well, the human thing would be electing someone..." she shifted her weight slightly before continuing, "...but seeing as we're not really... what I mean is..." her ears drooped only slightly, "...are we supposed to have something like an alpha leader or...?"

she seemed a bit embarrassed at posing the question, but then noticing the looks from her packmates (whether or not they actually were looking at her was irrelevant) and took a step towards the elders.

"Might as well get it over with," she murmured as she took another few steps. Unless anyone stops her at this point, she walks over to the Elders.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:31 pm

Heresy. She dared choose herself? Even if she were indeed the fittest, it was conceited of her to simply conclude this on her own. To let this go would be folly, but it would not be right to simply eliminate her from consideration.

The more canine in attendance growled. Not the low, deadly growl of lethal threat; rather, the louder, deliberate growl of challenge. "I, Pacing-on-gusts-of-wind, called Adolph by human tongue, challenge you for the right to lead the pack," he barked, respectfully but insistently.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:04 pm

She froze in her steps and turned, an angry look on her face that rather quickly, though straineously, turned into a look of surprise.

"Challenge?" She mouthed the words slowly before folding her arms, looking at Adolph with a sudden glare, "right to lead the pack?"

He obviously had gotten things misunderstood, a voice in the back of her head told her rather matter-of-factly. The wolf on the other side, however, saw this as a clear insult to her competence, who did this guy think he was?

"Very well, unless anyone else wants to step up as well, perhaps the matter should be settled here and now." her voice was suddenly a whole lot strained than before, "are we going to settle this like civilized creatures, or would you rather do it like you're used to?"

Now that was unnecessary... He hasn't grown up in your world. He hasn't learned about team-work, or group effort, or delegation.

The little voice was drowned by the Wolf. She wasn't going to take this insult standing. It didn't matter whether she wanted to be the Alpha or not, this was a matter of pride.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:00 pm

"We may do it however you choose, as you are the challenged. Wits, fangs, paws, or howls--it makes no difference to me. But we must see if you are truly worthy of the station of leader."

He chortled inwardly at her use of the word 'civilized.' Perhaps she had forgotten what it was like to be a part of a pack; what bond was implicit in the ranks; what duty it implied, and indeed conferred. Perhaps she never knew.

Adolph found himself suddenly wondering, in the space between words, whether any of these homids, truly, knew the significance of membership in a pack. Time would tell, he presumed, as he awaited Hatsumi's response.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:20 pm

She felt incredibly torn about this; one side, her human side just wanted the whole thing over with, if Adolph wanted to be alpha, let him be alpha. Did it even really matter?

Another side of her, a side that growled at the human every time it spoke, was the Wolf. The wolf didn't, couldn't accept Adolph's claim. she was the Philodox, she was the one supposed to be the leader, the Alpha of this pack. Who was he to challenge her right to be so?

Her gaze was on Pacing-on-gusts-of-Wind as she mulled the matter over and over, a deep rumble in her throat, unconscious, yet signs of the Wolf slowly winning over the human. But the Wolf would not act without the Intelligence of the Human, that was her advantage.

"Fine. Then I would challenge you in a game of riddles, harmless enough and hopefully quick enough so that our Elders don't... die of old age" she spoke through clenched teeth, a mixture of growling and words, "Each one speaks a riddle, the other answers. If the other can not answer, the one who poses the riddle wins." she exhales through her nose, nostrils flaring slightly, "And you can start, as the Challenger."

The human had cowed to the Wolf, agreed to work with it for the moment. It hoped the others would interfere somehow, make Adolph, and her, see reason. But the Wolf exilerated at the challenge. Finally she could prove her worth for real, she deserved to be Alpha.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:38 pm

"Very well. Then, let us set some ground rules. Riddles," he began, "should have a definite correct answer, and not an abundance of possible correct answers. Let us also set a limit for our answers; perhaps we should limit ourselves to the things at the moot. I am not so good with the human tongue, and I would guess you do not have the same skill level as myself with the tongue of the timber wolf, so let us not base our riddles on such unimportant things."

He continued. "And we should have a judge, as an observer to this event, and declare a winner to eliminate doubt. We do not want this to fall so low as to a pup's game of pretend combat." He turned to face the others, looking them over. "Alex, would you serve this role? And Hatsumi, do you accept these rules?"

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:09 am

"I accept these rules." Hatsumi replied, her eyes turning to Alex.

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:52 pm

"I've got no problem being judge." says Alex calmly. Well, at least ONE of his fears taken care of. Although he was curious to know what sort of things that Adolph would come up with for riddles. This promised to be an educational experience, if nothing else.

darthapples

Unread postby darthapples » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:31 am

Yay perhaps this wouldn't be a complete waste of time after all!! Sammy looked on with child like glee and anticipation slightly higher than one would normally anticipate for a child witnessing a game of riddles...

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Hatsumi slowly sat down with her legs crossed, eyes still on Adolph.

This wasn't good, she'd have to think up something fast... Her eyes did not waver as she thought, however, as taking her eyes away from him would be hinting at her own nervosity.

"To each and every one of us, they are what we do not want, yet we can all become them if we want. We use nothing when we create them, yet they are as real as you and I. They bring with them strife and disharmony, yet to be rid of them we must get closer to them, for it is through ignorance and misinformation that they are made. They belong to many and they belong to one, yet not one is alike the other. A simple act may create them, yet terrible results can come from them."

She observed the wolf before her, hoping she hadn't overstepped the rules. She'd twisted around the words a bit, yet she had no doubt the concept, in one form or another, existed amonst the wolves as well.

((OOC - Trying my best to conform to the rules while being a sneaky, dirty human as well. :p Alex can arbitrate if it's too twisty-wisty or plain dumb))

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:01 pm

A moment was taken to clarify the riddle, to ensure that the language barrier was not a significant impediment to understanding; and another moment for Adolph to ponder over the meaning before he spoke. "It seems to me that the answer is 'enemies,' but if that is the case then I submit to the judge that you have chosen something that is not present at this moot. Defend your riddle," he challenged.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:17 pm

Hatsumi nodded, "Enemy is not a term that can be used in black and white terms, at least not amongst humans," she looked around herself, "from what I have been taught by my elders, we are a race of arrogance and hot blood, disputes crop up from the simplest things and some times it is only our litanies, and good faith, that keeps us from our throats." she takes a deep breath before continuing, "I played a game of chess recently, and indeed enemies can be made easily with such a trivial matter; jealousy and anger can create a disagreement that might eventually lead to bloodshed."

"To me, at least, an enemy is not simply one whom you wish to kill, it is someone you want to defeat, and there are many ways this can be accomplished without bloodshed."

"You guessed right about the question, but if it is in accordance with the rules, Alex will decide. I believe it is, but I am sorry that my riddle toed the line."

darthapples

Unread postby darthapples » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:26 pm

"Ummm... Perhaps I'm over stepping my bounds here, but wouldn't it be possible that this very contest could be creating the very enemy's that you are talking about? Enemy's are everywhere, just because you are not aware of it doesn't make it not so..."

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Hatsumi looked up at the child speaking and her eyes narrowed just a little, but on a 7 foot something werewolf, those kind of small details are pretty noticeable.

"Very observant." She responded dryly before turning her eyes to Alex.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:50 pm

"Enough. Please respect the ritual of challenge," he asked of Sammy. Then, turning to Hatsumi: "Your attempts at getting the judge's favor are unbefitting of a leader. Let us hear Alex's words, and listen."

darthapples

Unread postby darthapples » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:12 pm

Sammy's face scrunched up in anger and she slowly looked up all 7' of Hatsumi from her barely 5' almost 100 lbs frame.

"I was on your side here, what did I do wrong now? What can I do that will please you? Oh yea, now I realize that I don't care!"

With that she walks up to Hatsumi and kicks her in the shin with all of her tiny might.

"Bully!!!"

*blows raspberry*

Christian
Dead Stompy

Oh the drama

Unread postby Christian » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:22 am

That. Was. Enough.

That a kid like this was even allowed to be here if she didn't know how to respect the rules that were laid down... This was a challenge between her and Adolph; to pip in with her own opinions was annoying, but she could tolerate that.

Her eyes glared at Sammy as the large Crinos kept herself from rising only by digging her clawed hands into the soil around her. She'd love to wring the head off that little brat at this very moment; especially since this Sammy had decided that no matter what anyone else told him... or her, or whatever the hell it was, Hatsumi was clearly the only one doing anything. And what's with that kick?

"Sammy, I will give you one warning," she growled the words while looking at the child, "I can accept that you want to pip in with your own thoughts about things, even if I don't like it. But if you can't control yourself, and keep on acting like you don't have a damn clue about anything..." she let the threat hang in the air and hoped the others at least wouldn't side with the brat. She didn't feel like trying to bully a child around, but she wasn't very interested in being verbally abused by a kid either.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:53 am

"Calm yourself, Hatsumi. It does not do, to duel you with the mind when you allow yourself to be so distracted, and if I am to have victory, it will not be because of an uneven field. Leave the whelp alone, she will find her place. Yours is here." He spoke deliberately, though whether this was due to restraint or an intent to calm was anybody's guess.

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:19 pm

Alex looked up from examining the riddle himself. A deliberate twist on the words, of course, so that wouldn't quite count. However... "Sammy, please. Wait till they're done with their challenge, at least." At this rate Hatsumi and Sammy would be getting into a fight. Not good.

"As for your riddle, Hatsumi, it seems to me as if you violated the rules, but I do not believe it is intentional. In any case I believe we should move on to Pacing-Gusts-of-Wind's riddle." MAN it felt weird to be arbitrating this, although afterwards he was sure he would ask Pacing Gusts if he could shorten his name somewhat. It would certainly help his memory of it in the future.

(Sorry about the delay, folks.)

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:27 pm

She nodded and closed her eyes, taking a few deep breaths and trying to center herself once more, ignoring the child. She could see how Alex had argued, but it took some seconds before she'd convinced herself that she was let off easily and that he was probably right. She hadn't been consciously trying to cheat, not that she was aware off ('though a small part of her seemed upset about her being exposed), but she guessed the concept of enemy was a little less vague amongst wolves. Wolves generally didn't play chess, after all.

"Very well," she said with a low tone and looked at Adolph, "I would hear your riddle."

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:19 pm

Pacing-on-Gusts-of-Wind nodded his acquiescence, and sat down, gathering his thoughts for a moment.

"Witness to all, yet seeing none; they are our charge, though we are slow to notice them. Ever do they support us, even now; old beyond reckoning, no weaker for their years. Sturdier than even our Elders' constitution, though they seek the protection of us all."

Again, clarifications were elucidated, to ensure that the riddle was understood properly.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:43 am

Hatsumi looked at Adolph for a short moment, her eyes slightly blank as she pondered the question for a few moments.

"...Forests..." she muttered, though a small bit of doubt could be heard in her voice. "Or trees to be more exact I guess." Her ear flickered slightly.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:44 am

"I claim victory, then. The trees, while I guess they do support us now by hiding us from prying eyes, have countable ages, as easily numbered as the rings in their fallen trunks. The answer," he said as he thumped the slab underneath them, "is stones, that which the Earth is truly made of."

Adolph turned to Alex, not willing to move on without the competition's judge's consent.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:13 pm

"Soil?" Hatsumi's temper was on the edge as she rose, obviously upset, "since when has the soil required our protection? Gaia is as much the trees, the life around us and ourselves, I see no reasons the stones would need to be defended!" She shuddered and then seemed to loose the air in her like a balloon.

"Fine, Paces on Gusts of Wind, go and talk to the elders. I don't even care." She dug up some dust with her hand and tightened her fist on it before letitng it drop to the ground in disgust, "leave it to a wolf to think the earth is made of stones..." her mutteirng was barely audible, but if she had anything more to say, she didn't show. She glared at Sammy, however.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:37 pm

Greene couldn't help but smirk at the entire situation.

"Gaia knows that THAT'S the attitude we want our leader to have. Calm down, Hatsumi. Go homid and dump some hormones, would ya? Sammy's making more sense than you are tonight!"

He kept his tone mostly casual, but an observant garou might notice his stance had changed. Everyone but Hatsumi could see that well enough. Sammy had some idea that he was getting ready to do... something. Doc could see clear as day what was going on, though.

(I will IM Neb with infos.)

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs