A "campaign" proposal/pitch/whatever the hell you

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.

So, interested?

Yes, and I'd prefer Philsys
No votes
Yes, and I would prefer D&D
33%
Yes, and I don't really care which system is used.
67%
No, I'm not interested.
No votes

Total votes : 3

NamagomiMk0

A "campaign" proposal/pitch/whatever the hell you

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat May 31, 2008 2:04 am

One continent, seemingly completely isolated at sea...

Scorched wastelands that hold no sign of what life used to inhabit them appear to stretch on for as far as anyone can see.

Numerous decades after a great war, two formerly powerful nations that split this land in half had fallen into past mockeries themselves. One had become tyrranical in its obsession to prevent the weapons of the war from resurfacing. The other had fallen into such disarray that it could barely keep its own cities safe. Many living in both claw desperately to mere survival, while others form gangs, raiding the barren countrysides, attacking each other, and travelers of all sort, merely to in turn gain what they can, no matter the means necessary.

All about, the aftereffects of the endless battle had surfaced in other forms, altering being and beast alike in different manners--some had mutated, some had merely died or become sickly, others yet had developed varied and inexplicable powers...

And all the meanwhile, a plot in the shadows arises that could threaten this island continent, and possibly even more...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is the pitch I'm throwing for something I have in mind to GM here. Pending on consensus and schedules, it could be chat or board, and also depending on concensus, it could be either Philsys or D&D (3.5e. I'm not running 4e anywhere near now.)

Were this to be a D&D game, it would be with a different race selection, and a somewhat restricted class selection (partly for flavor, partly for balance). I am open to justified suggestions about things that could be added in, though it is noted that I would have the final say. Starting level would be 3, though more details would be hammered out in the process. And yes, I will be using ToB.

Were it to be Philsys, while the issue of race and "powers" would be merely cosmetic at best, those restrictions would still be in place, Starting level would be 1 or 2, pending on preference.

As always, people are free to post general questions regarding the setting or system issues. I, however, reserve the right to refuse to answer if need be. I'm looking for 4-5 takers on a given format, though I may be able to take 6 on the board.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat May 31, 2008 6:19 pm

I'm interested in this, and strongly lean towards the use of D&D 3.5. Conveyed my ideas for a character to you already, chief. I am unsure whether I'd prefer chat or board. Board I'd be up for automatically, chat I'd need to see about scheduling and such.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:35 am

I'd hit this so hard the guy who pulls me out gets crowned the King of the English.

Anyway, I'd prefer D&D, mostly because I don't feel like trying to learn PhilSys yet, but if it's PS I'll go with it anyways.

Because of obvious reasons, I'd prefer this to be board based, although seeing as I am currently suffering from the high level of general warmth that indicated early summer here (surprisingly early in fact), I would think that I can go chat as well... maybe.

But I'm interested, yeah! I love the sort of End-of-the-World-yet-still-after-it kind of games.

Blackwind Isao

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:36 pm

If this is still kicking and looking for people I'd certainly be up for it as long as we go for it on the board (lack of chat capability). It doesn't particularly matter to me if this is D&D or philsys since either is workable for me.

Give me a holler back and let me know.

- Isao

Return to OOC RP Discussion