Belelmund: The Folly of Sitanest

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Belelmund: The Folly of Sitanest

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:59 pm

It's been some time since Trevor Harvey arrived on King Domanada's doorstep. As they tend to do, Rumors have fairly flown around the kingdom as to what this visit, along with the influx of Baronian refugees, might mean. The truth of the matter is known only to the King himself, and a few trusted friends, who will soon depart for the western nation and meet with Harvey's enemies there. While this is supposed to be a diplomatic mission, Charles seems to be going armed...

PhilSys Board RP.
I have a few people that I already know are going from previous discussions over AIM: Dan Hyral, Myrnal, Kobakk, Neb Nueva, and (spoiler). I have room for up to 3 more people. This is meant to be a fairly long RP, but there will also be several occasions for people to exit the RP without consequence if they want to, so no worries if the need arrives.

If you want to participate, and your character doesn't know Charles or Trevor, you can get in through one of the other people listed. That's pretty much what I'm doing with Myrnal anyway...

I'd prefer characters of about level 5-10. That's not to say that your character won't be accepted for being lowwer than that, it's to say that they'll have a harder time in the RP as a result.

To Clarify: Chuck and Dave aren't truly multi-charring, seeing as the kings will be treated as NPCs in this RP. No EXP awarded, no loot, and so on.

Anyone interested?

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:46 pm

I'm still here and as soon as there's a thread I'll be there, too.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:06 am

Obviously, Kobakk is going.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:05 pm

They haven't posted, but so people know: I have definite applications from Mike and Kelne. There's still room!

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:08 pm

So, I guess having our King NPC's give everyone free loot won't be an option? =(

...kidding aside, I'm good to go with Dan. Just need to brainstorm some techs I never got made after he leveled hehe.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:30 am

Kamos would only bother to go if he would be rewarded significantly in some fashion. This much is for sure.

And no, being allowed to be the king's bodyguard on a more permanent basis is not what he would call a suitable reward. XP

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:50 am

Work it out with Chuck and get back to me.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:20 pm

Recruiting is closed! I've talked to Chuck and Doug separately: I can't see Kamos ICly coming along. There's no promise of reward, and Charles would never invite him along. There are other reasons, but those are the ones that really matter.

Confirmed Players: Dave, Chuck, Ashley, Neb, Kelne, Mike, and Chris. That'll do to be getting on with. :o

RP Thread up after I have some dinner.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:35 am

HAY GUYZ

Link sheets please. Or send them to me in some format or other.

Edit: I'm using sheets from the wiki so far. People who have sheets listed there have a couple days to tell me if they're out of date and such.

Sheet's that need to be completed: Mike's.

Confirmed Sheet: Chris's, Dave's, Neb's, Ashley's, Kelne's, and Chuck's.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:52 pm

Mike: I checked over your work on your character after you left tonight.
Her HP should be 65, not 85, and you have only spent 29.5 of your 34 skill points; Knowledge Skills and Support skills cost half.

Sad to say, I'm not very good at engineering new Techs, even with the help of the material posted up on the PhilSys wiki, so I won't be able to help much with that. :-/

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:32 am

Mike, I can't put things off anymore. I need the sheet before Sunday, or I need to go on without you. Sorry.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:57 pm

Hey folks. The RP is going on hold until tuesday or wednesday. Basically, after I get to Priam, Chris and Neb's place and can get to my files uploaded to webhost. Whee.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:58 pm

Thanks for the heads-up!

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:05 am

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaave...

Poooooooooooooost...

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:46 pm

Neb: We needs posts now, yus.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:28 am

Chris: Post please.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:22 pm

So... several people haven't posted in, like, 3 days. I'd say Ashley has an excuse, but she's not one of those people, so yeah.

Should I broom the RP forward, or what?

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:17 pm

I think it'd be nice if we could introduce ourselves IC, but no one seems to be up for initiating that.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:41 am

Ashley and I think similarly.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:42 pm

Sorry about this. Have maved house and am still in the throes of fixing up a connection, and finding spare time while clearing out the old place.

Will post when able.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:01 pm

Noted!

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:45 pm

Wow Chuckles. Just wow. I still can't believe what I saw. I'll admit I had the chance to stop you, but frankly I'm not your mother, and don't particularly plan to pick up after you. Especially since you seem to do this sort of thing all the time when I work with you. =D

I'm not going to complain about the content of Charles' idea. If you think he'd have it, then hey, thats your business. But I am going to call you on Kobakk's reaction. That is to say, after you yourself told me while you were posting that it was not something Kobakk would ever consider doing for real and would be disgusted by, he still
1.) Quickly understood what Charles was mouthing to him
2.) Took a request, not even an order, contrary to his character from someone that isn't even his own King
3.) And then would Act on that request in the space of the few seconds it took Kobakk to do so, suggesting that his hesitation wasn't even a particularly strong one.

We call that metagaming, Chuckles. You're taking one of your characters out of context to get a result that you think favors you. I have proof of that because you yourself gave it to me. Don't let it happen again: I can do this RP without either of them, and that is not a bluff.

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:32 pm

Besyanteo wrote:I'm not going to complain about the content of Charles' idea.

Oh, good. I would hate to be redundant.
First things first: I'd think that rape would qualify as a "mature theme", the sort of thing you'd want to okay with everyone involved in the RP before including it as part of the storyline. And don't tell me it's just the threat of rape. You know that, your characters know that, but if the threat is to be even remotely credible, and the other players aren't metagaming, then other people's characters pretty much have to at least consider the idea that this isn't a bluff. So people basically have to roleplay a situation where a party member has just initiated an attempted rape.

At this point I'm glad I didn't get my act together in time to be in this RP.

Honestly, I'm surprised. It's been my impression that you consider both of your characters in this RP to be basically decent people. If that is the case, I must come to the conclusion that we have drastically different definitions of decency.

Although I suppose this is actually a step up for the character who brought us Dungeon Block H. Now he's only threatening to rape helpless captives.

-Koss (since it isn't obvious)

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:57 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:08 am

*comes out from underneath his rock* Is it safe?

OK, OK, OK, let me explain my reasons for things. First, the king. As Mike said, yes, he is a decent person. However, there's not a whole lot he's not willing to do for the greater good. As you saw, he did not have a moment of hesitation in doing this, because he truly believes it's in furtherance of the mission. Obviously, since he knows Kobakk very well (long story short, they got to know each other during the war), he knows there's no way in hell the orc would follow through on his claim. But he's betting on the half-elf's less than enlightened world view. He wants her fear to loosen her lips. Is it the right thing to do? If it is, it wasn't my focus. I just wanted to do what the King would.

As for Kobakk, well, despite it coming across as a suggestion, Kobakk decided to follow orders. He knows the king would not ask him to do something like that lightly, and he is not doing it with joy in his heart. This is the first and last time this is happening for him, and even the king knows it. No one likes being marketed as a sex offender.

None of this justifies what I did, though. I screwed up.

I apologize for my actions, and the obvious black mark this put on the RP. There were a thousand different ways I could have gone about this, but I chose this offensive route, and I am sorry. And believe me, had I known this was or could even be construed as a form of metagaming, I would not have had Kobakk say ANYTHING. He would have just stayed silent.

I'll post tomorrow, do what I can, but obviously, the damage is done. It just has to be managed. I hope we can move on from this, though, and have a great RP.

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:56 pm

Charles:

Check your board PMs, please.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:11 pm

I'm putting the RP on temporary hiatus. For the next 14 days (until December 27th) I will not be GMing the RP or pestering people to post. I'm hesitant to do this, but I feel that I'm being unfair to Kelne, who still doesn't have internet back.

If Kelne gets back before the time is up, we'll move on with him. If he doesn't... I'll NPC him as far as Baron. If he's not back by then, well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:28 am

Duly noted.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:07 pm

I'm extending the wait, since there's now a better time frame for Kelne's internet than 'eventually.'

That said, we should be rolling again some time right after the 1st.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:33 pm

Woohoo!

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:25 pm

Ack! I need to get my RPing back in shape!

RANDOM RP BOOT CAMP

Dan: So, uh...your highness?
Trevor: ...yes, Dan?
Dan: Since it's going be awhile before we're in use again, mind if I ask you something? It's been bothering me for awhile.
Trevor: Well, I suppo...
Dan: I mean, I know it's not really my place to ask. You can certainly tell me its none of my business, which I'd totally understand.
Trevor: ...that's fine, Dan I...
Dan: I wouldn't really be surprised if it was. I mean, I'm sure you value your privacy, being a public figure and all, and...
Trevor: ...DAN.
Dan: *gulp* Yes?
Trevor: ...could you just ask the bloody question?
Dan: Yes, of course, so sorry.
Trevor: It's fine Dan, really. I understand why you'd be nerv...
Dan: I don't know what got into me, I guess I just get kind of worked up when I'm nervous. I just start saying things to not think about being worried and...
Trevor: ...DAN.
Dan: *gulp* Right, sorry.
Trevor: Your question?
Dan: Well... how do you feel about cats?
Trevor: ...cats.
Dan: You know, the pet kind. Oh... oh dear, you're not fond of them, are you? Goddess, I knew I should've just shut up. Now I'll...
Trevor: IM: Odin help us all...

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:42 pm

Blah. .... Ok, so I don't feel like I can ask people to just keep waiting and waiting. I'll post up something soon to get the ball rolling again. Kelne will be able to post when he returns and such.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:03 pm

Okay!

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:54 am

Beware. I live. Or somesuch.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:18 am

Woot!

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:44 am

Charles and Kelne, possibliy Neb Shini: Post.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:14 pm

Dear Kelne:

You have a blonde former-monarch attempting to make chit-chat!

Kittehs, Der FF

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:36 pm

OK. SO.

I want to hold a chat session for CI. Thing is, I don't know that that's possible.

I've heard from everyone but Kelne and Chuck on this so far: Are you guys going to be available tomorrow, 9PM or 10PM EST on forward?

Either way, I'm imposing a three day post limit on the RP now: If you don't post once every three days, I'll make a semi-educated guess at what your character would do and try to move along. Again, everyone but Kelen and Chuck I've gotten a chance to talk about this with.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:53 am

Should be there. Also, the three day system sounds good.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:41 pm

Kelne corrected for the time difference incorrectly, and had work at the time we were thinking of. Which would be right about in the nowish area. Also, Chuck never answered. So, looks like it's off for tonight.

Next

Return to OOC RP Discussion