this is probably the last place I should be

A haven of general sanity and simplicity--this is the place for all ye new posters, chatters, and RPers to post your introductions, questions, and general whatnot. Come in and break the ice!

Moderator: pd Rydia

Kika

this is probably the last place I should be

Unread postby Kika » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:27 pm

I stumbled onto this board while avoiding the pile of homework on my desk. gyehh.
ANYHOW. :arrow:
I used to be obsessed with roleplay in middle school..but I stopped somewhere after the tenth board died. o_o buut of course I've come back to my old habits, although hopefully I'll still manage to get some work done in between stories.

So I'm here for some easygoing roleplay~preferably literate and with people who don't mind a slow pace (I can be rather lazy sometimes, not to mention that real life work is my first priority).

call me kika, kiki, whatever you wish. PM me if you've ever got interesting plots in mind :D Although I suppose I'll have to prove my ability as a writer before I get anyone jumping up my pants to roleplay together. -.-; time to work up the rusty roleplay skills again...

This board looks like it'll be tons of fun, anyhow :) I love how there's an entire world laid out on wikipedia.

I'm off for now, to make my grand journey as a newbie. :P

edit>>>
okay, anyone willing to help me out with a few questions?

Do we need to make a character sheet before roleplaying?
Do we need approval of a character?
I took a look at this page viewtopic.php?t=1150
but a bunch of the links aren't working.
Does a character sheet have to have stats and skills on them? If so, where can I find an explanation for the stat system?(I think I saw a sheet that had numbers with abilities and stuff on it. o_o) ..Or do I just follow a basic sheet with personality, history, etc.?

ahh..neverminddd, wiki answers all.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:40 pm

Glad to have you! Feel free to contact me however you need in case there's anything I can do for you. In the meantime, keep an eye on the OOC Discussion Forum for RP recruitments. Or, if you're feeling up to it, you should go ahead and start up an RP yourself!

Hope to see you around.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:42 pm

Oh, sweet! Fresh blood!

Howdy! They call me Charles (if they know what's good for them). I am on AIM, I am on MSN, I am on Google, and I am on top of the world to see ya.

If you want to get into the RP scene around here, shoot me a line with one of the helpful buttons at the bottom of this post. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go run away from those goons coming at me before they take me out back and shoot me for that pun! Later! *dash!*

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:04 pm

Hey! I'm Spleen, but my parents thought they named me David. Yes, the Wiki is a great resource, and if there are any other questions you have, you can ask anyone on the board. EXCEPT KAI. SHE'S A TERRIBLE PERSON, A TERRIBLE ROLEPLAYER, AND OWES ME TWENTY BUCKS. (I'm kidding, she's awesome and we love her.)

If you want to reach me, you can chuck me a private message on the RPGWW board, an IM over AIM (screenname: Deus Fio), an email (listed on my board profile), a smoke signal, or a radio transmission to the receiver chip the CIA implanted in my cerebral cortex.

And yeah, I'm slogging through some homework of my own. Gen chem can bite me.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:20 am

Welcome! Here's to a good you having a good time here and not wasting away into oblivion like basically every other newbie who's come in recent years! :D
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

pd Rydia

Cha Cha Cha

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:52 pm

Howdy and welcome. It appears you found yourself some answers but just in case:

-- Char sheet before roleplaying: yes
-- Approval: kinda. People will reply to your sheet posted in the Character Closet if there's issues, or if they really really like it. Also, when an RP is recruiting, generally the GM will want you to link to your char sheet. Any issues s/he might have can be addressed then.
-- lunk: Yeah, someone totally locked that thread and now I can't fix the links. ::frowns in an admin's general direction::
-- the #s: good folks to ask about the #s of philsys are Archmage, Shaun (Nakibe), Doug (Techno/Namagomi), Idran, and such. You can also ask for help on Char Closet while making your sheet. There's pages on the wiki, too. I kinda suck at that part so I'm not all for specifics.

Kika

Unread postby Kika » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:26 pm

I fee warmly welcomed~ Thanks for your offers to help and the tips, everyone :3 I'll do my best not to ahh, waste away.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: Cha Cha Cha

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:31 pm

pd Rydia wrote:-- lunk: Yeah, someone totally locked that thread and now I can't fix the links. ::frowns in an admin's general direction::

Should be fixed now.

Return to The Newcomers Forum