I was never good at these introduction posts...

A haven of general sanity and simplicity--this is the place for all ye new posters, chatters, and RPers to post your introductions, questions, and general whatnot. Come in and break the ice!

Moderator: pd Rydia

Clark

I was never good at these introduction posts...

Unread postby Clark » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:03 pm

So a moogle, a gecko and a reploid walk into a pub.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:46 pm

... and so the moogle says, "Well, that's not my dinglebobber!"

Welcome, Clark. It's nice to have another sentient being about the boards. They call me Charles (It's a shadowy, evil nickname that stands for the name Charles). If you have questions about anything regarding the board, feel free to IM me on AOL Instant Messenger, screen name PapaTymisonn.

Again, it's nice to meet you!

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:36 pm

A reploid?

Wait a shit, are you the Clark that used to be on RPGWW?
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Clark

Unread postby Clark » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:42 pm

Thanks, I'll do my best to live up to being called sentient.

So if I call you Charles, how can I tell if I'm calling you by your real name or your nickname? Gaah! It could warp the mind, thinking on that too much!

Or, perhaps more importantly, how could you tell?

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:59 am

If it helps I just call him "Chuck" even though he hates it and probably wants to punch me. :D

Clark

Unread postby Clark » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:50 am

A reploid?

Wait a shit, are you the Clark that used to be on RPGWW?

Spleen, you really are on the ball. I figure I would'nt be overt and say "hey, I undropped off the face of the earth and such." Not just because it might be cliche ( I don't really care about that, ) But really because I might drop off again. Don't want to though, but internet access tends to be erratic and blah blah blah.

Maybe I should have kept a sekret identity!?

Nah, I just figured I'd go with whatever. And this is the whatever that happened.

I also feel an urge to whip up a quick "nice" or "has sword, might travel" type guy in PS, and then, proceed to actually play using that system. Hopefully I'll get a better grasp of it this time around.

EDIT: This is because I tend to get bogged down in Character Creation type stuff and then bogged down in introductions, all the while still having an incomplete sheet floating there.

EDIT 2: Also, I guess I should fwip this stuff over to a CC type thread and ask for some proper help in the proper place.

Return to The Newcomers Forum