The Next Crisis

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed May 02, 2007 5:04 pm

"Not just her," Xiao Long said, but she got herself up and implied that Seryntas had a good point.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu May 10, 2007 3:29 am

Kilisha could do nothing but listen in on the conversation as it played out. Even though the other two could probably use a rest by now, Kilisha still felt bad that she was going to slow them down.

There had been a few rooms off the hallway the group had come from before entering the guard tower, and those were the most out-of-the-way places they had seen so far.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat May 12, 2007 7:53 am

"Any ideas where we should go?" Xiao Long asked.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Fri May 18, 2007 5:23 pm

(OOC: I'm going to need some action to be taken before I can do anything else.)

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Fri May 18, 2007 6:02 pm

Seryntas stooped over and got Kilisha carefully over one shoulder and turned back the way they came, searching for a likely candidate among the out-of-the-way rooms they had seen. "Watch our backs, kid," he reminded Xiao Long.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat May 19, 2007 9:34 am

Xiao Long nodded and took out her bow. She was running low on arrows, so she motioned to Seryntas to hold on a second, then ran back into the last chamber they'd been in, policing a few arrows from the fallen bodies. She found about twenty arrows, and hurriedly put them into her quiver, returning to Seryntas. "Alright, I got out backs," she said, nocking an arrow to her stolen bow, then sighting down it as she followed Seryntas.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Fri May 25, 2007 1:25 am

Luckily, they made it to a suitable room without encountering any trouble. It seemed that this area of the castle was currently empty for the most part. Aside from the skirmishes the intruders had gotten into, most of the action was taking place at the outer wall.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:21 pm

Some time later, the noise of a large number of boots again filled the hallway. That noise drew nearer until it could finally be heard just outside the door. Then the door was ripped open by the hand of a snarling orc.

That orc's face, however, immediately softened with recognition. It turned and grunted something. A few seconds later, Jeshua appeared next to it.

"Hey, what are you lot doing goofing off in here?" the old man asked. Then his eyes fell on Kilisha. "Is she alright?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:26 pm

"No," Seryntas said. "Another succubus started draining...something...from her neck. She's weak, but breathing and sleeping pretty comfortably, I guess. Dunno. Any shaman types with you that can take a look, or am I carrying her through this entire fucking building?"

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:28 pm

"There's a shaman here," Jeshua said.

He turned and motioned for another one of the orcs in the hall. An orc dressed in fur robes appeared. It was apparently a shaman, though not the one from earlier. Seeing Kilisha, it kneeled down and examined her closely, placing one hand on her forehead for a moment. Then it looked back up to speak.

"She under lots of curses," said the shaman in broken Common. "Most... old. There long time. Cannot cure. But new one, cure easy."

He reached into a pouch and produced a skin filled with a slimy, stinky liquid like the one that had been used to repair Xiao Long's broken arm the night before. He then gestured his hand in front of Kilisha's face. A second later, the succubus's eyes blinked open.

At first, Kilisha's eyes widened at the sight of the orc. But then she noticed Seryntas, Xiao Long, and Jeshua nearby and realized that these were the friendly orcs.

"Drink," said the shaman, holding the skin out to the succubus.

Weakly, Kilisha took the potion in one of her hands and started to drink it. Her face immediately contorted into an expression of disgust, but she kept drinking until she was finished.

Kilisha immediately felt her strength returning. She sat back up, and started to stand. Then she suddenly reached around to her back, her face contorting again, this time in pain. In the next second, actin on impulse, she hastily pulled her leather armor up over her head and quickly removed it.

As soon as the armor was out of the way, something tore out through the back of her shirt. It was... a pair of wings. A pair of black-feathered wings had appeared on Kilisha's back.

"That... not supposed to happen," commented the shaman.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:34 am

"Whoooaa...." Xiao Long said, looking at the wings, "... I want a pair..." She went over and examined the wings carefully. "Soo coool...."

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:59 am

Kilisha looked completely confused for a moment. She stretched one of the wings around in front of herself, somehow able to move it as easily as one of her arms or legs despite the fact that it was a completely new body-part. It took her several seconds of staring, though, before she registered that what she was looking at was a wing and that it belonged to her.

Even after that realization hit, she continued to look confused.

"Why do I... have wings?" she asked the shaman.

The shaman shrugged.

"Not my fault," was the orc's answer.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:07 pm

Xiao Long, her childishness energy returning to her, poked the wing a few times. The black feathers were soft to the touch, and the wings were warm. she liked the feeling.

"Now I'm jealous," she said, crossing her arms and play pouting.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:54 pm

"You'll be needin' to cut some holes in your armor for those," Seryntas observed, characteristically nonplussed by the appearance of wings on his ally. "Unless you'd rather me hack 'em off, which I could do but it's soundin' like it'd sting if I did. Kid'd probably shave 'em closer irregardless anyway."

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:50 pm

Kilisha blinked at Seryntas, then shrugged.

"I guess I'd... better just... take the back protector off... for now," she said, then turned her attention to the leather armor she had pulled off.

Messing with the straps and strings within the protective item, Kilisha eventually managed to remove the back section, leaving only the shoulder pads and frontal breastplate in place.

"There," the succubus reported. "As long... as we don't... get attacked from behind... we're good."

"Back to the battle," Jeshua interjected as Kilisha donned the armor again. "We were about to go open the gates and let the orcs outside in. Will you three be coming along?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:08 pm

"Oh, nah," Seryntas said sarcastically, with a slight grin that was made painful by his swollen, distended nose. "I'll sit myself here an' share a beer with some o' the boys that come by. The ones what was made of stone seemed like an okay guy, 'til he broke into pieces." He took a practice swing with his greatsword. "I ain't even broke a proper sweat yet," he lied, obviously approaching his limit of endurance. "Let's go."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:37 am

"I wonder if they're permanent," Xiao Long asked, still bewildered by the wings on Kil's back. "Maybe you should cut a whole in your armor. Just watch your back." She then tried poking the wings again.

"Yay!" she said when Jeshua mentioned opening the front gate, "Let's go get 'em!"

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:14 pm

With the human, the elf, and the succubus in tow, the orcs continued their march through the halls of the castle. The guard tower had not been occupied, so they passed through it without trouble and left a few archers to hold it.

Eventually, they drew near to what looked like the gatehouse. Something on the other side was slamming into it repetitively. A ram, obviously, giving away the fact that the orcs were on the other side. However, the door was heavy and wrought of iron, so the orcs could ram it all day without getting it open.

Nonetheless, there were guards waiting behind the gate. The path by which the mercenaries and their allies approached led to an elevated platfom on which stood a few rows of archers interspersed with melee fighters waiting to jump down into the main gatehouse to assist their allies below if needed.

Seeing orcs approaching from behind, one of the guards pointed and shouted a warning at his allies. The rest of the guards turned in somewhat of a panic and charged, and the orcs did the same. More arrows flew from the orcs than from the demons, as the latter group hadn't been organized for this situation, and so more demons than orcs had fallen once the two groups clashed together. That was fortunate, as the demons still outnumbered the orcs.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:33 pm

Seryntas let himself descend again into his battle rage, ignoring pain and uncertainty (difficult, now, with his allies at the ends of their energy and his own body wounded in more places than he could count) as he joined the fight against the demons. He veered for the archers, keeping low to avoid an arrow in the eye, setting his fingers into their familiar places on the extra-long hilt of his greatsword.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:30 pm

As they arrived at the guard tower, Xiao Long had already integrated herself into the archery ranks. As the first volley of arrows went up, there was one that belonged to a diminutive elf. After the first volley, it became a free-for-all, and Xiao Long began picking off one target after another, keeping an eye on Seryntas and Kilisha, planning to provide a supporting arrow to the throat when needed.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:11 pm

Unglorious as it may have been to attack enemies against whom they would have the advantage, the orcs knew the importance of winning this engagement, so several of the orcish melee fighters joined Seryntas in moving against the archers. The archers, having no time to nock and fire any more arrows before their attackers arrived, dropped their bows and drew shortswords.

The archers did outnumber the approaching orcs, and Seryntas therefore wound up with two enemies moving to engage him. One was the chainmail-clad archer captain who wielded two swords at once. The other was armored in leather and wielded only a single blade. The captain was the first of the two enemies to reach Seryntas. In a somewhat wreckless attack, he charged forth and swept both of his blades in simultaneously at the human.

Kilisha, meanwhile, had also moved with the archers. When the succubus attempted to draw back her arrow to fire along with the rest of the initial volley, though, a sharp and intense pain suddenly arose in the bones of her hands, forcing her to drop the bow. This drew a few snide-sounding grunts from the orcs nearby, but Kilisha simply drew her dagger and moved to join the main group of melee fighters as they charged the demons.

Though the orcs near Kilisha were outnumbered as well, she was lucky enough to only be engaged by one enemy. That enemy was a particularly large demon wielding a particularly large greatsword. The sword came down hard at Kilisha's head, but the succubus dodged it easily enough. Just as she began to counterattack with her dagger, though, the pain flared up again, causing her to drop the weapon.

Xiao Long was safe for the moment and free to fire wherever she pleased.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:41 pm

Xiao Long noticed Kilisha drop her bow, but figured she wanted to get into the fighting on a more personal level. Then when she saw Kilisha drop her dagger, she knew she was in trouble. Moving as she fired, she ran towards the succubus, firing at the large demon looming over her. She aimed for the cruxes in the being's armor, mostly the neck and the shoulder. She focused all her attention, though, on getting to Kilisha and getting the demon's attention.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:57 pm

Seryntas was riding a wave of rage to get to his opponents, so even though both attacks hit (one solidly, parting the armor slightly and piercing Seryntas's midsection an inch into the muscle, and one glancing off the well-designed plate, ringing), Seryntas felt both only dimly as his sword came toward his opponent in his trademark slanted cut, the power of his arms diminished by his exhaustion but not altogether eliminated.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:05 am

Moments after the archer captain's attack hit, Seryntas' sword landed on its collar, cutting through mail and making its way into the demon's chest. The demon collapsed to the ground with blood fountaining from the wound as the next opponent reached Seryntas. The new opponent readied its sword and followed Seryntas' downward slash with three quick jabs.

Kilisha was backing away from the large demon when Xiao Long's arrows came flying in at the creature. As the elf was getting close and the only weapon Kilisha had left at the moment was her claws, the demon turned its attention to Xiao Long. Stepping towards the girl, the demon lifted its greatsword and came at her with a horizontal swing.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:18 am

Two of the jabs hit, shallowly puncturing the armor right below Seryntas's armpit. Again, the warrior paid little heed as he swept his sword across in a poorly-controlled arc.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:52 am

Xiao Long was running full force at the demon, and so had absolutely no way to stop herself from running into the swing, though she saw it coming. Instead, she allowed her feet to come out from underneath her. As she hit the ground she slid under the swing foot first, just barely making it. She then plowed straight into the demon's legs, third base style. As she slid she had a mind to let go of her bow as well, though she didn't have a chance to grab her swords.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:46 pm

Taking advantage of the poor control of Seryntas' swing, the archer parried it and forced it high, then ducked below and spun in close to the human. Keeping its shortsword held against Seryntas' greatsword, it drew a dagger with its offhand and stabbed it at Seryntas' torso.

Xiao Long careened into her opponent's legs, but wasn't heavy enough to unbalance the creature. Turning the greatsword over in its grip so that the weapon pointed downward, the demonic warrior prepared to stab its blade downward ferociously at the elf on the floor.

Xiao Long now being the one in trouble, it was Kilisha's turn to provide a distraction. Lunging in from the side, she swiped her claws upwards and raked them across the demon's face, tearing its cheek open. But it was Kilisha who then let out a cry of pain as the nerves in her suddenly frail hands loudly protested the action.

The incubus responsed with a swing of its sword in Kilisha's direction. The succubus' attempt to dodge went poorly this time, and the blade landed on her shoulderblade, barely missing one of her newly-grown wings. Though the swing had been too hasty to cut through the bone, it left a bloody line through the flesh it parted and sent the succubus stumbling away.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:24 pm

The dagger found a gap in Seryntas's expertly-made breastplate, but not one that allowed the blade to reach any organs, mercifully. Still, having a length of steel make its home in the muscle of his torso was not anything Seryntas enjoyed, as he forcefully disengaged his greatsword from the shortsword and freed one of his hands to grasp the demon's dagger hand and try to pull the weapon out without further damage to his own body.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:55 am

As Kilisha took the hit, Xiao Long quickly rolled away, cursing herself for doing something so stupid. She then quickly got up and unsheathed her swords, coming in at the demon with a slice at the torso from the side.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:12 am

The demonic archer tried to resist Seryntas' attempt to pull the dagger out, but its strength was no match for the large human. After a bit of a struggle, the dagger did come out. The demon, however, also proceeded to take advantage of the fact that Seryntas' sword had disengaged its own and that Seryntas currently only had one hand gripping his two-handed weapon, bringing the shortsword forth in a slash.

Kilisha eventually balanced herself, but her attention suddenly returned to her hands, suddenly staring down at them like they were the only thing in the world. Neither Xiao Long nor the greatsword-wielding demon had any line of sight to the succubus' hands, as she was holding them in front of her chest and staring down at them with her back completely turned to the two combatants.

Taking advantage of Kilisha's lack of attention, the large demon raised its sword and charged after her for an overhead chop. Xiao Long attacked from the side and sliced the creature in the torso, but it charged onward intent on striking Kilisha down.

As the blade came down, however, Kilisha suddenly spun out of the way, then lunged back in with her claws. The claws looked different now, larger than they had been before. They were apparently quite a bit sharper as well, as they rent through the large demon's armor as if it were mere cloth and deeply raked the flesh below. The opponent staggered a few more steps forward, now slowing down and slumping from its wounds.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:18 am

Xiao Long watched in awe as Kilisha tore through the demon's armor. Wow... I wish I could do that, she thought to herself. I wonder if it's because of the wings. She decided to save that for later, though, and attacked the demon, aiming for the throat.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:21 am

To be fair, Seryntas's next cunning defensive move had more to do with engaging his enemy than deflecting the slash, but the demon found the attack taking no effect, as at the same time the human bounty hunter was stepping forward, inside the arc of the slash, throwing his weight in an attempt to knock his foe backwards and regain control of the situation.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:40 pm

The unbalanced demon's throat was opened by Xiao Long's attack, sending the creature to the ground clutching the injury and gurgling as blood filled its trachea. Kilisha growled at the dying creature, then turned around and stalked further into the battle, not even bothering to recover either of her weapons.

Seryntas' opponent again couldn't match the human's strength and was thus shoved away, immediately losing the advantage it had previously gained. Once it stabilized, though, it moved back in, dashing forth with one more slash of its blade.

The demons at this point were already falling back, most of their archers already having fallen and their melee fighters under pressure from the main orc group. The platform belonged to the orcs now, the only demons who hadn't jumped down to the main gatehouse being those few who were trapped within the ranks of the invaders and unable to break out.

The orcish archers were firing their arrows from the platform down onto the demons below, who could only hold up their shields if they had them and hope not to get pincushioned. A few arrows came up as well, but the archers who sent them were quickly dropped by the ones raining down. Kilisha, meanwhile, crouched at the edge of the platform, looking quite a bit like a raven as she expectantly watched the enemies below, waiting for the orcish melee fighters to begin dropping down upon them, obviously planning on dropping down with them.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:38 am

Xiao Long walked over to where her friend was perched and looked down at the scene with her. "Are you feeling okay?" she asked. "You seemed hurt a little while ago. How's your hand?" As she said this she studied Kilisha. Between the wings on her back and the oversized claws, she was beginning to look less and less like her friend and more and more like the demons they were so fervently killing. She was afraid that what that sorceress had done to her would soon change her to the point where she wouldn't be Kilisha anymore. Maybe her fangs would grow out next, or her eyes will change color, or her hair would set on fire. Now that, would be cool, she thought, but she was still very worried for her friend's safety. She wished there was someone here who understood these sorts of things and could take a look at her, just to make sure she was okay.

She then looked over to where Seryntas was. He was fighting a small dinky demon, and though Seryntas was wounded, Xiao Long saw that the skirmish was going to be over very quickly. She looked about to see if she could find the orc shaman, perhaps get his attention and have him take a look at her large friend's gash.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:07 am

Seryntas regained control over his weapon while his enemy was recovering, having it comfortably in his hands in enough time to parry and counter, swinging across at the demon after taking the slash from the shortsword out wide.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:38 am

Seryntas' opponent was out of tricks now. With its weapon out wide, it couldn't parry the greatsword or avoid it. The greatsword cut deeply into its torso below the shoulder. Losing its strength immediately, the creature fell down to die.

Hearing Xiao Long's inquiry about how Kilisha was doing, the succubus suddenly began to look worried, as if she hadn't previously realized that something might have been wrong. It was pretty obvious that something wasn't normal, though.

"I feel alright," she answered. "Tired, of course, but..."

She looked down at her hands, now puzzled by their transformation. Their appearance had changed completely, the fingers now being longer and the claws quite a bit more prominent.

"My hands feel alright now too," Kilisha said in answer to the second part of the question.

Xiao Long's search for the shaman found him searching for people in need of healing. Noticing Xiao Long looking at him, he made his way over to see what was needed.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:55 am

Xiao Long looked at the shaman as he approached, and when he came close, he asked the shaman to follow her over to Seryntas. As she walked, she asked the shaman once more, "Is there nothing you can do to help Kilisha? Do you know what's going on to her? Even an idea? Please tell me." She looked the shaman straight in the eye to show how serious she was.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:34 am

Seryntas's rage gave out, then, and he felt more keenly the pain he was in. He saw two figures coming up behind him, though, so he squared his shoulders and spun around. Once he realized it was Xiao Long and the shaman, he relaxed, showing his exhaustion plainly. "We winning?" he asked, adjusting the strap of his helmet with one hand.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:23 am

"Yeah," Xiao Long said to Seryntas, "But I'm worried about Kilisha. During the fight, she changed more..." She looked over at the succubus still perched there. "Do you think she's going to be okay, Seryntas?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:27 am

"Do I look like a fucking demon expert?" Seryntas demanded, irritably, as he began to examine his numerous injuries.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs