Get to Know the Character

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:56 pm

Telerak: Sleep late, play zartarok, drink heavily, stay up late. Sometimes I find a nice pair of legs somewhere in the City and skip the second one and change "stay up late" to "stay up really late". Well, not so much "up", unless she likes it like that

What thoughts get you out of bed in the morning?

EDIT: DAMMIT KEN.

Telerak: I mean, at some point I do intend to die the way considered holy to Krad: in battle, with His song on my lips (the song being strictly optional but recommended, according to scripture). That said, I'd have to be defending something really fucking important before I'd forget retreat as a tactical decision. I mean, I have but one life to give for my god and for Elemaer, but I should try and make that one life count, right?
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:36 pm

Zeiren: Most recently, it's been "I have to go to class." Because I do. You know, what with vacation being over and all. ...what? You thought it was actually going to be something deep or moving? I mean, vacation's over, so it's not like I get that much pleasing to the eyes...not that I don't at all, given how I rigged my class selection...

Same question!

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:15 am

Sigov: "Pre-Class Nookie"

Have you authored any books? If so, what about? If not, what would you like to author?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:54 pm

Jagen Turlis: I'd like to write a commentary on one of the Sacred Texts some day; that's kind of my dream, but I doubt I'll ever actually be able to do it, especially considering the amount of crap I have to do for my Order. And then, of course, I'd have to contend with my father's ridiculous obsession with me staying in the active soldiery. You can't write a book on an expedition. Garrison duty, maybe, but probably not even then.

What was the greatest victory you've accomplished in your life?
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:14 pm

Question: Fight to the end and die with honor, or flee to fight again another day?

KoD(2gen): "You have no idea how hard that question is to answer. I mean, to die with honour is... to die with honour. Head held high, going down fighting... it's certainly got its lustre.

But, I've seen first hand what an effect it has on those you leave behind. ... I don't hold with it. It... your loved ones deserve to say goodbye, properly. So, at the end of the day, I'll take dying in my bed, my wife holding my hand, over a glorious death in battle any day. Though the alternative isn't too terrible.

... unless I could at least say goodbye in spectral form. Hak, do we have any necromancers left on the payroll...?"

Now, a good question: If money and form of transport wasn't an issue, where would you go on Gaera and why?

Edit: I forgot to go to the bloody second page.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:14 am

What was the greatest victory you've accomplished in your life?

Kelne: There are no great victories. Only people daft enough to believe in them. The best we can hope for is the preservation of the status quo, and perhaps - just perhaps - the downfall of anyone stupid enough to meddle with it. Still, the world has yet to be destroyed on my watch, and I'll count that as a victory of sorts.

If money and form of transport wasn't an issue, where would you go on Gaera and why?

Leothe: Somewhere off the map. There's a lot to be said for voyages into the great unknown.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:16 pm

Sorune:I'm a Druid. So...probably the -least- civilized place on the planet that didn't involve dragons that would eat me.

Actually, no. Least civilized place, period-that make sit more interesting. And I'm sure I'd learn more.

Let's go with an old question to repeat-what do you count as your greatest victory?

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:38 pm

Zeiren: "Well, I guess it really depends on what "kind" of victory. I mean...I can think of quite a few things I could consider a victory...there was the whole "making Izue's super-A2 core into swiss cheese with the Exsilium's Vanguard Buster," for one...I guess that's the most "typical" idea of victory. Or...well, I guess there was that time where I actually kissed Helena...or maybe just hitting on that DI and somehow getting into MAC...or..."

What do you think is the most intolerably nasty and disgusting thing in the world?

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:18 pm

Cardinal: "... those who harm children. There isn't a lower form of filth. Children are weaker, smaller, and above all, trusting. For an adult to prey on such naturally vulnerable creatures turns my stomach. I say, find them all nice deep graves.

... Or better yet, make them dig them themselves."

What do you like to read, if anything?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:15 pm

(One answer from each setting; I was intending them to be one-word answers originally, but each character's personality came out in mid-word.)
Ake Tanner (Gaera): Manuals depicting new holds I can teach my students.
Jagen Turlis (Elemaer): Commentaries on scripture, histories, the occasional war novel.
Boreas (Metro City): Newspaper articles about my exploits as a superhero. Also, biographies, surprisingly enough.
Niranjan Kandadai (Strangeness in New York): Dan Brown novels, new Harry Potter books when they come out, Orson Scott Card's Ender's Shadow books, the Lord of the Rings. Not that a college student really has that much time to read fluff, especially a college student with my extracurricular activities.
Vleian Sunstrider (Shadow Gaera): History, and I also enjoy learning to speak new languages out of books. Of course, I'm sort of busy planning a revolution to read much lately.
Zame Rostrian (the TUOB setting): Political theory, biographies, letters from my grandnephews. Also, don't tell anybody, but I have developed a weakness for bodice-rippers that does not necessarily match my current station.

What do you eat in a typical day?

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:14 pm

Taiar: AGONY.

Immortality, a blessing or a curse?

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:15 pm

Zeiren: Depends. Who do I hook up with and do I get to stay young as part of the deal?

Kamos: ... ... ... ...blessing if Deeum would get it as well as myself. Curse if not.

Back to the "what do you like to read?" question!

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:57 am

Isaac: Music! There's nothing quite so nice as being able to hear in your head what you see on a page.

(Also, to show off what's been added to your beloved emoticons...)

:bunny:

(Now back to your regularly scheduled spammish thread.)

Cloaks or hats? Which do you prefer?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:13 pm

Niranjan: I got a Yankees cap as a gift from my father when I got into NYU, and I wore that the other day, but...yeah, don't really concern myself with cloaks much.
Telerak: Hats mess up my hairdo, but the only way to make a dramatic entrance is with your cloak billowing behind you, trust me.

Any irrational phobias?

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:18 pm

Koji: Bees. *shudders*

Why Mister Trotski so mean to me?

Real question: Favorite food?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:55 pm

Boreas: "Bees.

...but seriously, chocolate mousse."

How do you feel about capital punishment?

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:48 am

Kelne: Depends on the person being punished. Certainly there are any number of people the world could do without. Unfortunately, all too often, the people serving out the death sentences are among the people the world can do without. And anyone you could trust with that kind of job would never agree to do it.

So, good idea in theory, flawed in practice.

Who (or what) is your greatest nemesis?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:21 pm

Boreas: Bad PR.

Which do you hate more, zombies or skeletons?

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:40 pm

Zea: Well, skeletons tend to be a little tidier to keep around since they're less likely to drop anything wet onto your carpeting, but a zombie is easier to use for things like grafting because you've got more flesh to work with and as a result it's a little more forgiving when you need to repair it or cover up mistakes.

Which person in your character's past would you like to see someone else roleplay as a PC?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:08 pm

Ake: What? Characters? PCs? I'm so confused.

But seriously: Either one of Larifien Starfinder's older brothers or one of Draea Elgath's.

Have you ever had a moral dilemma about facing a particular opponent in combat?

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:19 pm

Holly: There was this one time that Xevan and another friend of ours were getting involved in a tribal dispute among a lot of half-orcs. Their leader was, by their reports, no longer fit to lead because he'd gone a little nuts, but mostly in the harmless confused way from what I could see.

The others agreed to help the half-orc who wanted to succeed the leader, but this entailed going after the leader (who, remember, hadn't done anything wrong to anybody) and murdering him.

I couldn't do it. If he'd made decisions that had brought suffering to his people, or done something terrible to another tribe (which by orc standards would have had to be really something), or even if he were simply a danger to himself, I might have been able to justify it. That wasn't the case, though. I couldn't go with them, though Xevan's familiar stayed with me. That way if anything happened to Xevan I'd hopefully know in time to go help him, but I wouldn't have to participate in that.

What do you feel is your best feature?

VoidPointer
Supergeek

Unread postby VoidPointer » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:32 pm

Layla: My girlish figure. *cackles* No, really? My brain. It does things not many brains can do.

Question: What can change the nature of a man?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:51 am

Boreas: The CIA, aliens, and the alien CIA.

Do you have any weird but innocuous habits?

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:36 pm

Midoku: I am not certain why I do this... but I have a tendency to purr much like a feline when I am happy. At times it is an annoyance, but I have come to accept that it is just a part of myself.

While I apologies for the unoriginality of this question, I feel it is a very thought provoking one.

If you could have one wish granted, exactly as you intend it in your mind, what would that wish be?

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:30 pm

Driscoll: To be honest, I would have to say the replacement of my current short and rather incompetent ally with someone who would possess a higher degree of this aforementioned competence. Preferably without the penchant for needing healed on a more regular basis as well, if the wish-granting force would not mind.

Or perhaps not to have to use at least relatively expensive materials whenever I would have to cast a more necessary spell. After all, it is -quite- irritating to have to go shopping for more jade just because of a few waves of, honestly pathetic, zombies.

Question: Would you rather be obliviously happy, or would you rather be miserably right?

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:27 am

Zea: Lately I've been thinking maybe it's best to be obliviously happy. For me it's always been a question of preserving the natural cosmic order for the sake of all living creatures and whatnot, but... if everyone is out there making sure life works correctly... who's out there living it?

I guess sometimes I just get a little jealous that sometimes my work and the knowledge I'm privy to means that I don't always get to appreciate the "normal" things or have much to myself at all. Things might be different if I just... didn't know anything. Even if I can't sincerely wish for that it's crossed my mind as an attractive alternative more than once.

Question! If you could have a one-night stand with another character, but doing so would completely rule out anything else between you... who would it be and why?

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:19 pm

Kamos: No. Besides, I already have Deeum. And she'd kill me. Or worse, leave.

Fal: ...What is a "one-night stand?"

Zeiren: What? Just one? I mean, I thought I had the equivalent to 'one night stands' on a regular basis. Well, okay, I didn't have sex with any of them, but the point still stands. I don't have anyone particular in mind who I would. After all, if they're hot...*shrug*

If you knew and had access to videogames, which ones (specific titles/series in particular) would you play the most?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:19 pm

Boreas: I'll take all you fuckers on in StarFox 64. Or race you through the first level of Sonic 3. ANGEL ISLAND ZONE, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

What advice do you have for someone beginning in your trade?

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:19 pm

Yasp Eoslux: *Opens his bag of alchemical tools and supplies, taking out a jar of first-degree-burn salve*

"Wear eye protection."

*taps the featureless metal mask he wears at all times, and tenderly starts rubbing the salve all over his neck and shoulders*

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:50 pm

*points at Mechanisto* You didn't post a question! :O

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:52 pm

Curse you for makign me read the whole thread, to ensure my question remains original.

What school of magic do you think is the most inexplicably underrated, and what sort of clever things would you do with it?

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:44 pm

Derek: I'm not sure what to say THE most underrated magic is... There's potentially an infinite pool of techniques and powers that are outside of my experience. But, of those that I am at least passingly familiar with or better, I would say Mentalism. There are very few other disciplines with such potential for abuse. Your common telepath will use it for little more than instant communication at distance, but a powerful mentalist could easily subvert the will of a victim without alerting anyone to his activities. An especially powerful or clever mentalist could subvert a target's judgment and actions without their ever realizing it. The implications of such are wide reaching beyond reason. ... And yet, it's not outlawed. It's use as a communication tool is too valuable to simply overlook, as well as assisting in interrogations, subduing the violent with nonviolence, and so on. Mentalists who are also students of the mind (I think they call themselves Psychologists?) could do just as much good for the world as an unscrupulous mage studied in the same arts could do harm.

In an argument do you think it is better to be right resented, or to be wrong and liked?

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:12 am

Kelne: To be right and resented, of course. Gods know the world has enough popular people with all the wrong answers.

What do you do on your time off?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:38 am

Telerak: Get shitfaced.

Would you rather save one member of your family or five complete strangers?

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:49 pm

Sorune:The immortal question, isn't it? Does the weight of five strangers outweigh your personal wants to save even a single member of your own family? From the technical standpoint, you should always try to save the five you don't know...but circumstances mitigate this. What if they're five criminals, psychopaths the world is better without? Then I'd choose my family in a heartbeat. Personally, I'd prefer to save both. But if forced into the situation, I'll choose to save my family. Selfish, but I think I've earned a bit of selfishness in my life.

What is your opinion on the death penalty vs. life in prison?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:25 pm

Seryntas: It seems a waste to bring 'em in alive if they're but to be slain anyway. As long as I'm gettin' paid I don't care aught about that, though. If I had my say...well, if ye don't respect the lives of others then ye can't look for respect for yer own maggot life, aye? 'S what I think.

You've got one day to live! How do you spend it?

Night Shadowflake
Scout

Unread postby Night Shadowflake » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:33 am

If I had one day to live I would find a nice quiet place to meditate and prepare my soul for the great transition.

Next Question: If you had a rewind button would you use it? Why?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:45 am

Boreas: Yeah, I have one and I use it often. I have no idea how I'd beat these impossible freaking Mario World hacks without one. I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess. Oh, wait, you wanted a serious answer? Ask someone else.
Jagen Turlis: It's not in the gods' will to allow man to tamper with time. The tale of Zasser in the Sacred Texts tells us that; I would rather not end up like him, thank you.

How would you want to be paid, if you couldn't be paid in precious metals/gems/wood/whatever or paper money? In short, what would be your recompense under the barter system?

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:17 pm

Nicki: Free books at the college bookstore? I see so many things there that I want to read, and I can never afford them.

Question: You're in a restaurant covered in soup. How did you get that way?

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:41 pm

Lux: Some people just don't appreciate a good dirty limerick. Perhaps I shouldn't have used it to reveal that I know the shape of the birthmark on his wife's left...er...nevermind.

Question: What would you most like to see or be greeted with when you wake up in the morning?

PreviousNext

Return to Character Closet