Black Lotus in the Sky(Closed, Phil-sys)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Nekogami

Black Lotus in the Sky(Closed, Phil-sys)

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:01 am

References: OOC Thread
Introduction:

“Cheng, hurry up we’re leaving!” Miang Tsung Ex’Valcrist shouted backwards at her brother as she shot out of the door in a hurry.

“HOLD ON, DAMMIT!” came his irritated reply. Long Tsung, the eldest of the new generation of the Ling Ho Tsung family, walked through the door his sister left open carrying his sword on his back.

He tilted his head back and narrowed his already thin eyes. The sun was barely up and the dew on the leaves and grass hadn’t started to evaporate. It gave everything a crystalline sheen. Long was a morning person. He enjoyed training in the crisp air and drinking tea with his Grandmother, who also be accompanying them on this ‘trip’.

Done admiring the morning, he looked back at the door, curious to see who would pop out next. Sheng, of course, walked out looking as though he had just woken up. Which was true. If the eldest Tsung brother was a morning person, the youngest was not. Sheng didn’t usually see the sun until it was halfway through its daily journey.

His hair was flying loose from his ponytail and he walked with a slump, dragging his feet and tail. “Why am I up at this ungodly hour? I should be sleeping. I can’t even see!”

“That’s because you’ve forgotten you glasses, stupid,” Long said with a chuckle. Sheng, to sleepy to acknowledge the ribbing, reached his hand over into space. It disappeared, as if poking into some invisible hole. He fumbled around and the sound of things rattling could be heard. With a victorious yawn, he pulled out his glasses and stuggled to put them on straight.

Miang gave and exasperated “aiyaaaaaaah” and walked over to slap Sheng’s cheeks. “Wake up. Wake up! Help us get everything ready! CHEEEEEEEENG! YOU’RE SLOWER THAN THE PANDA!” Moreso than the slapping, her shrill yell cut into Sheng’s psyche and he gave a pained wince. He glared at her balefully before slinking over to a bench and sitting down with his book.

“SHUT UP! YOUR UGLIER THAN THE PANDA!”

Hearing his name used in such an ill manner, Dai-Dai, Grandfather’s friend and pet, a giant panda, lumbered out the door and bowled into Miang. She nearly fell backwards but flung herself over on top of the beast. “Whaaaaat? I only called you ‘slow’; he called you ‘ugly’." Dai-Dai grumbled and plopped down putting Miang in a bear hug.

Heralding her master and friend, out bounded an elegant white tiger. This was Mei-mei the Dazzling, or so she was called in her youth. Now the tiger assumed the matriarchal role over the rest of the Tsung family animals and the occasionally elderly nag when she thought ‘the young ones’ were out of line. Both Mei-mei and Dai-Dai possessed intense magical power but rarely used it as their masters were more than powerful enough to hold their own and more.

Stepping out, as silently as a cat, was Li Rong, or “Grandmother” as she was now called. It was hard to say whether Grandmother could see or not. She rarely opened her eyes and when she did she looked more ‘through’ you than at you. She always had a placid smile as if she was always contemplating some amusing joke or fond memory. Still the passive way she handled things belied the fact that she was, in fact, the strongest member of all the Tsung Clans. She commanded respect and compliance without raising her voice. None of the Tsung Children had ever heard her voice above her soft, gentle whisper.

She stepped aside and out came Dei Jun, or “Grandfather”, as he was now called. He smiled jovially all the time. Here was an old sage that enjoyed life to the fullest and enjoyed living. He put his paws in his sleeves and admired Miang, who was unwillingly wrestling with his panda. His granddaughter glared at him to make the beast stop but his answer was a grin and a wave.

It was possible that Grandfather was more powerful than his wife but since they were married, no one would ever know for sure. It’s been rumor of choice for the gossipers of their generation. Tsung society is matriarchal with women always above men. As such, Grandfather often joked about how his life ended when his married Li Rong, so he lived the rest of life with the unfettered joy of a dead man.

“CHE-“ The rest of Miang’s protest was muffled by Dai-Dai licking her face.

Inside Cheng was rushing around the house finding every last one of his daughter’s toys. Jing Mei had been left in Cheng’s care after her mother and his last girlfriend, died in a battle with the Inustani gang the Diablos. Up until that time, Cheng had no idea that he was a father and the sudden shift forced the usually irresponsible Cheng to grow up.

A little.

“Remember if any pushes you around, punch in the face right here.” He pressed her little button nose. “If that doesn’t work, kick them. If that doesn’t work bite them. If that doesn’t work…run away and I’ll kill them when I get back. Okay?” He hugged her and gave her a stuffed chocobo.

“CHEEEEEEEENG!”

He glared and muttered something under his breath before smiling at Jing Mei. “So, you’re all packed right? Did I forget anything?”[url][/url]

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:43 pm

A nekojin found himself below of a tree, sitting in the dew-covered grass. He was wearing his armor and swords, which meant that his mission was going to be dangerous this time.

He stood up and looked around. The land he was in seemed a bit like Nekonia. But... it wasn't quite the same. Of course, he knew Nekonia would have changed over the years, but he doubted that his lord would have sent him back there anyway. No, his unthinking selfishness had cost him not only the right to his own life, but the right to his own home as well.

On a side-thought, he checked behind himself to see his tail. It was still split, just as he suspected it would be. At least the two halves waved about independently of one another now instead of laying dead as they had before. They didn't pain him either, as, unlike his previous tail, his new tail had been meant to be split.

But there was no time for these idle musings, he quickly reminded himself. He was Takara Oka, servant of the King of the Dead. He had been returned to Gaera for a purpose. He just wished he knew what that purpose was. The Nekomata had only assured him that he would be set on the correct path. The plans of that one had always been dark and unfathomable. Oka would just have to plot the course himself.

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:46 am

Cheng's arms wrapped around Jing Mei as she held the yellow stuffed bird in her hands, the chocobo being squished into her chest as he father pulled the two close. It was a short fleeting comfort, but comfort washed over her as the large male embraced the little girl. It would be lying to say that the five year old Purebred Long adapted well to the death of her mother as well as the sudden change in environment as a result...but it certainly hasn't gone badly.

Jing Mei shook her head slightly as her father questioned her, signaling that "No, you haven't forgotten anything Dad" rather than saying it out loud. It was the way things worked with the Pigtailed Dragon Youth, and suffice to say...It was adorable too.

Meanwhile outside, another person approached the Tsung Compound as the family continued their hustle and bustle of getting ready. Over his shoulder was slung a mysterious black bag, something he took along for most of his long-term travels. Even in the face of warming weather, his clothes haven't changed a bit, still wearing those long coats and many layers. The demon ran a gloved hand through his hair and grabbed the rope of his sack in his mouth, tying back those black whips into a neat little tail.

Taiar was ready; silently he watched the Dragon's yell at each other and wrestle with animals.

Kino, the Mazoku's faithful pet, was not so quiet though. Seeing Dai Dai on the verge of victory over Miang was enough to excite the wolf pup to barking and wagging his black furred tail in happiness, encouraging one of his elders as if saying "Fight on! Fiiiight!"

Jing Mei, hearing that bark, for once was out the door before her father. She soundlessly snuck past the rambunctious family and squated down to pet Kino, making the Chocobo plushie a passenger on his back.

Tai patted the girl on the head in greeting simply, and just waited for someone to notice.

Nekogami

Get This Panda Off of Me...

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:02 pm

Sheng yawned as Tai crossed his path. It was the only greeting his brain could muster at the moment. Long waved at his adopted brother and Cheng pretended Tai didn't exist except his bumped his shoulder into his as he walked by and started whistling and finding the trees of great interest.

DaiDai, hearing his 'student's bark, rolled off of Miang and lumbered over to the pup to see how he was doing. They two exchange barks and roars, discussing how they planned to handle the trip to a strange (at least for Kino) land.

"AH! Grandson!" Grandfather walked over and patted the mazoku on his back heartily. "Looks like you're ready to stir up some trouble with me. If we're lucky we can ditch our women and go on an adventure. I'll take you to my old stalking ground."

Grandmother turned her head and Grandfather shivered dramatically. "Hmm, quite the chill in the air."

Cheng punched the air a couple of times, the sound of his chi hitting the air making small "shoompf" noises. "Let's get this show on the road. I'm ready to kick some butt!"

"We have a guest..." Grandmother whispered almost inaudibly. She peered through the trees of the garden in the direction of the hidden undead nekojin. No one else could see him but it seemed clear that, at least, Grandmother was aware of his presence.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:47 pm

Oka stood scratching his chin like an intellectual as he considered his first move. He needed to look for some kind of sign, he decided.

Taking a look around, it was obvious that he was in a garden. Gardens usually belonged to people. Perhaps his mission had something to do with the owners of this garden.

Hoping they were home, Oka took a step in the direction of the nearest building. That step was clumsy, and he stumbled but caught himself before he fell. Trying again, he took a more tentative step, this time with success. He then took a few more cautious practice steps.

Once he was finally satisfied that he had gotten the art of walking back under control, he set off at a standard pace toward the house.

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Wed May 02, 2007 12:16 pm

Taiar lifted his hand in greeting to his oldest brother as Long walked by, but his efforts were quickly stopped by Cheng ramming against him rather rudely. The Mazoku turned his head to follow the younger Dragon as he acted innocent, turning the ends of his lips upwards with mischief.

"So you're just leaving your daughter here with a demon and his wild animals? Really stooping to a new low of parenthood, Cheng."

Jing, although being talked about, couldn't be a relative sort of happier, standing next to Dai Dai and Kino as they discussed their strategies for the trip. The barks and roars were all a foreign language to the little Dragon, but maybe one day she would learn how to communicate with her favorite beasts in the whole wide Gaera. For now, she just picked her Chocobo plushie off the Wolf Puppy and stood next to him, looking back and forth as they presumably exchanged their words.

With Kino's barking and Grandfather's approach, Taiar was reminded of something, but as he opened his mouth to question his eldest family member, Grandmother cut him off with those few quiet words.

"...Huh?"

Too quiet maybe, as Taiar could only see she said something, although not what.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed May 02, 2007 5:38 pm

Cheng started to retort but stopped to listen to his elder. It was not long before the undead warrior came into the view of the Tsung family. Meimei was instantly on her feet, growling in soft warning at the approaching man. Even Daidai who was usually unruffled by things made a low warning noise.

The smell of death was heavy on the nekojin.

Grandmother raised her paw and the animals silenced themselves at her gesture but their hackles did no lower.

"Greetings, guest. What brings you to our humble home?" Grandfather piped up warmly.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Wed May 02, 2007 6:38 pm

Though he wasn't surprised, Oka had tensed up at the unwelcoming greeting the animals had given him, half expecting that he was going to be attacked. Seeing the number of people before him, he decided that he would flee without hesitation if that happened. The aged male's more amiable greeting reduced his fear, but Oka still remained prepared to reverse his course at the first sign of aggresstion.

"I... do not know for certain," Oka answered honestly. "I was returned to this world in your garden."

Then, looking more closely at the people, he realized something.

"You are... Long?" he asked, now speaking the Lanese language. "Perhaps I am here... to assist you in some way."

If that were the case, it would explain why his lord had recently taught him the language.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu May 03, 2007 11:48 am

"Assisst?" Sheng asked, now fully awake. He looked over his glasses at Oka and seemed to examine him thoroughly. "I doubt that. I mean, what would a nekojin have to do with us?"

Cheng cracked his knuckles, expecting a good reply or a good fight. "Yeah? And why were you in our garden? Seems to me like you could be a spy."

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu May 03, 2007 4:27 pm

"If I were a spy, why would I have just strolled right out in front of you?" Oka asked Cheng. "But why should you rely on the answer I give? Among all of you, is there not one who can read my intent?"

Then he turned to Sheng.

"The question is, what would a dead nekojin have to do with you?" he corrected. "In fact, I am hoping that you could answer that question for me. Perhaps I am simply here that you might direct me to my next goal."

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Fri May 04, 2007 9:49 pm

Taiar shook his head back and forth as the two sides conversed with each other, simply slipping his hands into his pockets and listening quitely as the Dragon family accused the visitor of whatever he may or may not be guilty of. He wasn't sure exactly what he could say that would be of service here, but what the hey.

"...He's not particularly high on the negative emotions list, certainly not the anxiety of a spy who's just had his identity discovered. Nor does he hold the joy of an agent who has successfully infiltrated his target organization. But..."

The Mazoku turned his gaze to the two elders...

Jing still had her attention fully focused on Kino though, who equally had his attention to being scratched and petted by the young Dragon, oblivious to the entire issue at stake. Ah...To be children again.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun May 06, 2007 9:40 am

"Dead nekojin..." Sheng intoned, less asking and more turning the words over in his mouth. "No, I just don't understand it..."

Dei Jun yawned loudly and walked over to Oka and clasped his hand on the nekojin's shoulder. "It seems that there are a lot of questions that have yet to be answered!" He looked at his wife who had showed do reaction at all to what was going on. He face as a placid mask. "I guess you can come along besides if you really are for the enemy, we can always kill you and deal witht he consequences afterwards."

"What's your name?" asked Long coolly.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun May 06, 2007 2:38 pm

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue May 08, 2007 12:50 am

"My name is Takara Oka, last king of the Illari tribe, slain by the executioner's blade of Takama Dell."

Oka said this, even the last part, with total pride, almost to the level of haughtiness. Apparently he was focused enough on the accomplishment of having been slain by a legendary figure that he had forgotten that he was supposed to be resentful over the actual fact that he had been slain.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat May 12, 2007 12:07 pm

Cheng leaned over to his brother and muttered, "I don't think I'd be bragging about that, y'know."

Long shrugged. "I guess we're ready to go then right?"

Grandfather nodded. "I've arranged some transportation on an airship that should take us all the way to Terumahilana." Cheng and Miang groaned. They were both going to be very sick, very soon but they knew there was no use aguing about it. "It's a bastet trading ship so we'll have to go Kohlingen. They've agreed to drop us off in Argosy so we can arrange for little Jing Mei's vacation with Kenni.

"Until then, I say we fly as it will be the quickest way to go. Taiar you can ride on of us if it's too long a distance."

"He's not riding me!" Cheng protested. "I only carry cute girls on my back." He grinned and picked up Jing Mei on his shoulders. "What do you know, I found one!"

Grandfather chuckled good naturedly and turned to Oka "Feel free to ride one of us as well. Meimei and Daidai will walk but don't worry," he said looking at Jing Mei. "They can take good care of themselves."

As if to punctuate the point, Daidai grunted and rolled over on his back. He took a playful swipe at Kino, baiting him to play and possibly join them. Meimei scoffed at the oversized racoon's behavior and drew herself up.

Miang looked thoughtful. "I feel as thought we're forgetting something or someone."

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Location: Under the Bed (Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red)

Unread postby Lenore » Sat May 12, 2007 3:02 pm

A tall figure was standing nearby, though it seemed they hadn't been there a moment ago...Her black and red tail swished and she turned to face the others. "You are going to Argovia?" Her eyes were a chilling blood red, her hair the colour of dark flames. Her fur was blacker than midnight with a frill like flames.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/PockyAddict/Long2HonouFlamesSig.jpg[/img]

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun May 13, 2007 12:47 pm

Miang nodded to Honou. "To the war. I'd imagine you'd want to fight with your kin: for better or for worse."

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Fri May 18, 2007 11:42 am

"I suppose it would be best to fly with you guys. In case I get hungry along the way, I have no doubt Cheng and Miang will cook accordingly."

With no qualms on the comment that Tai is, in fact, not a cute girl, he ignored the younger dragon for a moment and turned to Kino as the little girl who previously captured his attention was airlifted away by her father. The sight of the pup playing with the giant panda who he so preciously refered to as his friend and mentor made him second guess himself...

"...Kino. Do you wanna walk with Dai Dai?"

The wolf barked excitedly and pounced onto the Panda's big paw, biting into it with his teeth playfully and growling.

"I guess that's as good as an anwser I'll ever get. Dai Dai!...I expect you to watch over him."

Jing Mei was somewhat sad to miss the animal festivities as she left them behind on the ground...but since it was Cheng who picked her up, the child did her best to forget about them. She leaned on her dad's head and looked around at the gathering of people for the first time today...

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Location: Under the Bed (Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red)

Unread postby Lenore » Fri May 18, 2007 3:55 pm

Honou nodded. "I would like to fight for my kin. Would you mind if I came with you?" she asked grimly.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/PockyAddict/Long2HonouFlamesSig.jpg[/img]

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Fri May 18, 2007 4:44 pm

"I suppose I shall ride," Oka said.

So they were going to a war. That could explain why Oka had his weapons. Perhaps he was meant to fight for one of the sides in this war. Since these dragons were Long, he surmised that he would be aiding Terumahilana, unless it was an internal conflict.

"So, who is the enemy?" he inquired.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun May 27, 2007 10:37 am

"Who indeed," Miang answered. "It depends on who's side you're on. It's the Clans of Light for us but who knows when we'll get there."

"Then let us go."

From beyond the compound, it may have looked like long cords were suddenly being thrust into the sky by some unseen needle, snaking towards the east.

Return to Gaera Main RPs