Question About Fey

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
enchantedsleeper
Self-Confessed Roleplaying Addict

Question About Fey

Unread postby enchantedsleeper » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:15 am

I hope this is the right place to ask. It says in the RPGWW wiki that Fey have "control over plantlife, earth". Is that magic or just something they can do? And if someone were to create a Philsys fey, would that fey have to have MAG points, mana, magical skills and such?

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:37 am

I believe that they innately tend to have nature based magic, yes.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:38 am

They would need MAG and whatnot, yeah, otherwise they get abilities for free and that isn't balanced.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:35 am

Yeah, Spleen is right. The tendencies listed in the racial templates aren't anything that you necessarily get for free. It's just the way that fay characters tend to be built in Philsys. A lot have ranks in things like Druid magic (which I told you needs serious de-suckifying), and high MAG scores to boot. From what I've seen, they also tend to be a little more physically fragile, but that's just personal observation and not necessarily anything hard-lined in the setting.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:25 pm

Maybe the template should be tweaked so that "special skills" reads "inclinations" or somesuch.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:52 pm

On the other hand, no character has to have the usual abilities of his or her race. So, if you wanted to make a totally unmagical Fey, you could. It just wouldn't have the special abilities Fey usually have.

So, yeah, "special skills" should be more like "inclinations" or "common abilities."

Return to Character Closet