Tarrasque vs. Gaera

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:28 pm

No... NO... This shouldn't be HAPPENING...

Daenj'r hated watching people die. It was the antithesis of what he believed... the end of what should be wonderful. And to see someone die like Seryntas just did just... tore him up inside. That was not right. It was not.

This thing's life had to be extinguished. It had no right to it. Its existence would mean the end of all Gaera, and in the long run, it was a morbid transaction he was more than willing to make. But, obviously, he could not do this alone.

He saw Taiar atop the beast, slicing his way into its skull. Right now, he was the best shot at doing serious damage. Running down the length of the beast, he eyed the mazoku, and hoped this spell wouldn't hurt him... TOO terribly.

"Goddess of life! Your people are presented with an affront! Bless this vessel with your might! SHARPEN!"

(A move away from and towards the beast, and Sharpen on Taiar, to be clear.)

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:51 pm

They say when you die, your life flashes before your eyes.

Seryntas's didn't; not because it didn't have time, because there's always time to die properly no matter how long the living figure it took you. An outside observer would say that the initial bite collapsed Seryntas's entire chest cavity, armor and all, and the massive shock killed him instantly, but in the last microseconds of consciousness Seryntas watched his death as though a lazy observer. Seryntas just didn't care about what his past was, and so even if seeing it again was the thing that was done, that was not for him.

I'm dying in my armor, he thought with half a second left of his life.

I'm dying in my armor with my sword in my hand...no, that's it falling out of my hand. But when I needed it, it was there. When I needed to show that thing what Seryntas was made of, it found out in the worst possible way, except maybe if I killed it. They'll remember that, the others. Lisha will tell Xiao Long and the two of them will say prayers for me over my sword, because they're my only two friends left in the world. The house is the kid's now, she knows that 'cause I told her. Maybe the ones left after this will come to my funeral, but I'm not gettin' my hopes up. The end of this thought left him with a quarter left.

I'm dying in my armor with my sword in my hand in defense of the nation of Doma. Maybe even Gaera. Hell, maybe I even turned the fight around with that hit, wouldn't that be nice? Probably not, but I'm allowed to dream. I'm sure I'll know in a second. In paradise. Or in hell, wherever they put me. I don't care. I made a difference, fuck everything else. An eighth of a second remained.

I'm dying in my armor with my sword in my hand in defense of the nation of Doma and there's no one in here with me but me. Not the first time, but it's nice to know that my last day was a good one. Started bad, but I'm glad I'm dying with one mind. A sixteenth.

I wonder what's waiting for me.

I wonder if I'll be whole. A few instants.

I wond-

Seryntas
Fidelara 7, 1292 - Tunara 11, 1317

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:41 pm

Two down already. The fight wasn't going well, to put it mildly. And so far, all they'd managed were mere scratches. It'd take a lot more than that to put the creature down.

It was time to concentrate on the spot most likely to put it down quickly and permanently. Hopefully, he and Tai wouldn't tread on each others' toes too much. He began raising his altitude, and drew in a breath to start shouting more orders.

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:45 pm

Taiar coughed as the corrosive breath stung his eyes and lungs. As he struggled to wipe away the tears with the back of his sleeve, he stored a little note in the back of his mind for the Dragon's Bane to remind him of later, in the event that the both of them survived this wild fight with a gigantic monster.

We need to thank Jade for this incredibly genius turn of events. Perhaps the end our Glaive will be an appropriate gift in return.

Just as quickly as the thought entered his mind though, he threw it to the ends and gripped his Glaive tightly in both hands. A monsterous pain filled his Astral Body as someone...no, some people were put to an end by the Tarrasque. He grit his teeth and lifted his weapon high, strengthening himself further for the sake of his world and plunging that Crescent Shaped blade as hard as he could into the spine of the beast. Ripping it back to himself and letting his war-hardened instincts taking over, the lurking wolf sunk his fangs in twice more, holding on for his life at the end, hoping the continued bucking of this fiend didn't throw the Mazoku into the wilderness.

(Taiar is under the effects of Sharpen now, adding 12 to his attack it looks. He also strengthens himself again with Consume Emotion, adding another to his strength making a grand total of +3. The Mazoku then proceeds to strike once with a Heavy Attack, then a Lurking Wolf, followed by a Follow-Through tech and ending with a 2nd Lurking Wolf. A grand total of 23 TP used in this round. I added all sorts of relevant information to his Wiki for your convenience. It's now or never!)

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:27 pm

Unfortuneatly for the Garoujin, he was not infact dead. But oh, how he wished it to be so. Immobilized in the dirt, every nerve in his body on fire or worse, broken so he couldn't feel large chunks of his own flesh anymore. A greater man might call out to Nakibe, to willingly give what was once forcibly taken from him. Yes, a greater man, and by greater we mean physically more robust, might. At the moment, logical thought was well beyond his grasp.

Archmage
REAL DOCTOR. FROM AMERICA.

Unread postby Archmage » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:02 am

Taiar, channeling every bit of mazoku-derived strength he had, thrust his glaive deep into the back of the tarrasque's head. It seemed that the creature's armor was no less resiliant here, but...it was also definitely clear that the beast was not expecting such a forceful blow.

Then again, to assign such higher strategic reasoning to the tarrasque in the first place would likely be in error.

The blade plunged into the creature's flesh, encountering resistance, but not enough to stop the assault. Roaring in pain, the tarrasque writhed furiously as the Dragon's Bane sliced deeply into muscle and nerve. A jet of reddish-black blood sprayed from the newly opened wound at Taiar's feet, soaking him with ichor as he viciously twisted the sharpened weapon inside the monster's anatomy.

(Taiar deals 687 points of damage, three critical hits. Nice blow! Let's go, pissy chimera boy!)

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:22 pm

Kamos, watching from his vantage point from above, watches as the armored man becomes lunch for the big dumb lizard...

Really, I'm not shocked. Standing in front of it like that is asking to die. Must've wanted a quick and painful death. Oh well, no point bothering with that guy. Back to work.

And the pissy chimera boy finally does what he was waiting to--shoot it in an eye. Sighted in, rifle cocked, wind and humidity, check. Everything was go; just like everything he had prepared for the non-battle-related things; to be exact, he managed to get Deeum set up with a pass for a ship to Argovia. Screw anything else--she's okay, and as long as he managed to not get hit, it should be fine...

...the trigger was pulled, the hammer smashed forward into the casing, igniting the shell...when Kamos' hands suddenly moved along with the recoil masterfully, recocking and firing off another shot in record time--this one was less aimed; not at the eye so much as the head and face in general--albeit, for some sort of seam in the creature's armor in that area--and not long before there was a third shot at the same area--to those listening, it had sound almost like one large shot, or three shots from three different shooters...

(OOC: Yay firing! Impact Lancer on the aimed shot at the eye, intending for the bullet going through the eye, and straight into the brain, causing...a good bit more damage. Recoil Compensation as well at the head, and Reactive Shot->Heavy Lancer (which ignores 18 DR if/when it hits). This is a total of 4+4+8+5, or 21 TP spent here.)

Afterwards, the chimera then flew further back and further up. Kamos was not willing to risk even a microsecond within the beast's reach, much less being near its mouth like Seryntas was...

(Yes, flying up and back. Cowardly? More like "strategic". Or at least avoiding melee.)

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:00 pm

(OOC: Yes. The purpose of ranged weapons is to shoot giant monsters in the eye. Well done, comrade.)

Archmage

Unread postby Archmage » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:37 pm

A crack shot as usual, Kamos's volleys ripped through the air at high velocity and embedded themselves in the beast's flesh, piercing through the weakest points of the monster's armored hide. The first strike penetrated the creature's vulnerable and largely unprotected eye, barrelling through aqueous and vitreous humour and shredding retinal nerve fiber. If it survived the battle, the tarrasque was going to need an eye patch.

Except for that whole regeneration thing, anyway, unless it suddenly felt a need to increase its "pirate" score.

But Kamos's initial bullet was aimed spectacularly well, and while the tarrasque's brain was arguably not an organ it consciously used all too much, nerve damage is always debilitating. A beast of that size and intellect likely possessed a brain roughly the size of a walnut and almost entirely brain stem and medulla, completely dedicated to base sensory, autonomic, and motor functions. No matter what any outside observer might deduce, the tarrasque was, indeed, using its brain--just not for poetry or mathematics, or even strategy.

And thus, the beast roared in pain, not entirely sure what was so excruciating, and seemed to be having some trouble moving...

(251 damage, and the tarrasque's left claw muscle movement has been damaged thanks to Kamos's precise shot into its right brain hemisphere; in fact, the whole left side of the body seems kind of erratic at the moment.

And it's Solis's turn.)

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:11 pm

It was horrible. The poor man, who had stood bravely in the face of a terror that would shake even the heavens, was gone. Solis wasn't even sure that he knew his name. Perhaps if they'd met in another time... another life.... And poor Jeridan, whom he had often seen at the inn, a man whom he had over the years managed a grudging respect for. Perhaps even admiration.

In the space of a few seconds, one was gone and the other looked like he wouldn't make it. Tears welled up in Solis' eyes, eyes which had seen much in their short span on Gaera. But there was no time for such weakness. There would be time to grieve later, if there was such a thing for those assembled. This fear and pain... Solis tried not to dwell on it. Instead, he threw it into one more spell, like he was taught to do. Like he felt his Brother would've done. "Combined fates from distant skies," he started, still surrounded in a golden haze which would light even the deepest darkness. "Once again I beseech thee. Banish from my sight this evil which would conquer me. Through distant wastes and starry nights, from blasted plains beneath the skies, the Priestess waits to strike you down for all who fear your twisted guise! And though you may think you can see, the Emperor still does lie in wait, to blind your eyes and, just maybe, to remove you from this wheel of fate!"

Some would look upon Solis and notice the wounds where once there were none, and the way the light got a little too bright to bear, as if it were too much for his body to bear. The light brought Solis power, as it always did. But even now, in the midst of his full strength, surrounded by a glow, Solis wondered if he would ever be able to contain enough to stop this thing...

(Solis does another Hand of Fate production, Burning MP of LOTS and HP of much. Specifically... Wheel Of Fortune + Emperor for -18 to Tarrasque's AT, and Wheel Of Fortune + Priestess for -18 to Tarrasque's MBlk. Again, Solis' MAtk is 52+d20. MP lost : 61 + 33 HP Burn + 10 TP lost. Good luck folks.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:53 pm

(Declaring action now, since I've got work soon.)

Even as Kelne piloted the carpet towards Tai's position, he began issuing orders, "Dae! Check on Jeridan. If he's alive, get him out of there! Dragon! No more breathing acid on your allies! Either put those teeth to work or focus on getting any injured clear." He shouldn't be needing to tell Dae how to do his job, but apparently the man needed prompting.

Kamos, at least, was pulling his weight, and if he was staying well out of reach, Kelne could hardly fault him. Sorune was capable of directing himself, and Solis seemed to be hurling magic like there was no tomorrow, even if Kelne was unsure what impact it was having.

Which just left Kilisha, "Do what you can," he said simply. Just how much impact she might have, he was unsure. Certainly that arrow had bounced harmlessly off the creature's hide. Still, she was here, she might as well contribute.

Speaking of which, it was time for him to do his part. The world seemed to slow down as he moved into position opposite Tai and kicked in the magic of his boots.

Raising his sword, he brought it down again and again on the wound Tai had opened, trying to widen and deepen it. Sooner or later, they would sever the spine, and that would hopefully be the end of it.

(Boots of haste are in effect, boosting AT/PA by 2 and granting an extra action per round. Using the dice tech for an extra two attacks, for a total of four heavy attacks.)

Archmage

Unread postby Archmage » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:58 pm

Solis's magic surged from his body as he performed the incantations associated with the invocation of his tarot magic. The first spell enveloped the tarrasque in a dark, reddish aura, but the color and shape of the effect became fuzzy and indistinct, quickly dissipating. As the red light faded, however, dark green light swarmed into the tarrasque's space, dancing around like thousands of tiny green fireflies, each slamming into the creature's body and generating an impressive visual display.

Kelne, meanwhile, thrust his blade repeatedly into the back of the tarrasque, trying to worsen the wounds already inflicted by his ally. However, it seemed as though the tarrasque's armored hide was regrowing at an impossibly rapid pace, and the wound was quickly sealing itself off with plated clots harder than the most sternly tempered steel. He did, however, manage to take advantage of a few chinks, sliding his blade into the creature's flesh and extracting a bit of its black blood.

(The tarrasque's MBlock has been reduced; Kelne deals 100 points of damage. Kilisha is up. Map is updated.)

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:13 pm

Kilisha was still staring at the place where Seryntas had died. She hadn't seen it directly, but she knew what had happened by the monster's movements and by where Seryntas had been standing. She didn't want to believe it, but she couldn't deny it. She... would never see her friend again.

Letting the effect of Seryntas' war cry take hold, Kilisha was filled with a sudden, terrible wrath. She would make this monster pay for Seryntas' death, and for the person she had seen crushed by its tail. Following Kelne onto the back of the Tarrasque, she pulled back another arrow. She aimed this arrow at one of the wounds Kelne had just opened, then fired it in, hoping to take advantage of the openings in the monster's hide before it regrew. Then she fired another arrow at another of the wounds.

(Kilisha takes the effects of Seryntas' Warcry and uses Multishot again, targeting the injuries Kelne has inflicted.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:19 pm

(OOC: You know what would be honoring Seryntas's memory, Seethe? Taking the Battle Fury.)
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:01 pm

(OOC: That depends.

AM: Does Kilisha have a clear shot at at the eye now? It's hard to tell from the map.)

Archmage

Unread postby Archmage » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:41 pm

(It's facing in the direction of the yellow arrow...so you're behind its head. No.)

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:07 am

(OOC: I thought not. <s>In that case, I'll have to hold off on taking the War Cry for now.</s>

Alright, so my concience is making me go ahead and take the War Cry now. I'll bet it gets Kilisha killed, but my post above is editted.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:18 am

Those standing near Kelne would be treated to a burst of rather rapid swearing. If the damn thing was going to regenerate everything they did to it, the best they could hope for was to slow it down. "When I find whoever summoned this thing or woke it up or whatever," Kelne said, enunciating slowly and clearly to overcome the haste effect, "They are going to wish they'd never been born."

First things first, however. Severing the spine ought to buy them a bit of time to come up with a more permanent solution. One thing was for sure - Kelne was not about to play for a draw.

Archmage

Unread postby Archmage » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:08 pm

The spirit of a mighty amazon warrior awakened within Kilisha, the first thing she immediately felt the urge to do was to cut off one of her breasts.

Fortunately, despite the effect of the compelling directives of Seryntas's contagious war cry, this was a relatively easy urge to resist. There were more important things to do at the moment, namely the firing of projectiles at the tarrasque.

She nocked one arrow and let it fly, and it struck deeply into the rapidly-regenerating wound that Kelne had just cleaved open; it was a solid hit, but not a devastating, flesh-rending strike. Then again, that could be expected, what with the weapon in question being a bow and arrow instead of an enormous axe. In the blink of an eye, she nocked a second, aiming it near the same spot, but alas. While the hit was sure, it was not quite as directed into the tarrasque's existing wounds.

(Total 51 damage. Jade's turn, since Seryntas is being digested.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:14 pm

(OOC: I demand you turn your anatomical knowledge to an explanation of where Seryntas is in the Tarrasque's digestive system.)

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:58 pm

Taiar, standing considerably close to Kelne, if not right next to him, both of bodies trying to stay balanced on this raging monster and both of their weapons probably buried blade deep in this gaping wound he had made previously, heard what he had to say in general and about the person who summoned this thing. Even in the face of impossible odds, the Mazoku couldn't help but grin at the hardship his comrade was facing; whether that hardship was directly responsible for the Mazoku's good mood...Ah. Who's to say.

"When you do find them, send me a message and I'll poof down there to get my share of their asses."

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:08 pm

Kilisha felt a hint of satisfaction on seeing that her arrow had apparently done at least some damage to the monster. Catching enough of the conversation between the mage and the mazoku amidst her own efforts to keep her balance, though, Kilisha felt that satisfaction turn to vexation at the thought that someone had actually brought this thing into the world on purpose.

"I'll want... in on that action too," she said out loud, speaking in a version of Rivan Common that had grown rusty with long years of disuse, only having been picked up again recently. "Maybe they'd... like an arrow... through the face."

(OOC: Since it may be relevant to Taiar's emotion consumption, it should be noted that, on top of the fear she's stuck with, Kilisha is currently full of HATE HATE HATE.)

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:04 pm

(For the sake of the RP, I'm just assuming that fear and pain is filling the battlefield at all times, whether that be the pain of the combatants or the fear all of Gaera is feeling seeing that their fate depends on only a handful of warriors.)

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:49 pm

('Kay. I see.

*mostly just wanted to use the phrase "HATE HATE HATE."*)

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Location: Under the Bed (Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red)

Unread postby Lenore » Wed May 02, 2007 3:25 pm

Jade snarled. She couldn't hang back like this forever. With a rush of wind she alit to the creatures back. with her forepaws she reached to one of the open wounds and tried to pry it open a bit, then spit acid into the wound from close up so it wouldn't get on her alies.. She then scrabbled around the group on its back dug her claws into the thing in an attempt to rip off a chunk of hide or muscle.

((Jade uses Acid Spitting 6 TP- The acid is strong enough to corrode most metals and does not dilute in water making it very powerful and impossible to wash off. It does Level*3d6 damage for 1d6 rounds.))

Archmage

Unread postby Archmage » Tue May 08, 2007 1:25 pm

Jade's acidic breath seemed to be effective against the beast before, and this time was not an exception. The creature's open wounds readily accepted the corrosive fluid, unbroken skin having lost its ability to protect the creature's insides from the outside. Although the wound was healing rapidly, it seemed as though Jade's acid was definitely slowing the rate at which the beast's ripped and torn tissue could fuse together.

Taiar, meanwhile, coughed up what seemed to be the last of the corrosive gas his now-much-closer ally sprayed a few seconds back, before her mad charge onto the creature's rear end.

(120 damage to the Tarrasque, 12 damage to Taiar, from continuous damage. Sorune's up.)

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon May 14, 2007 11:37 am

(OOC: Anybody seen Sage around? It's been... more than 24 hours.)

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:37 pm

(I apologize for my lack of action-but I'm back long enough to try and see this thing through. For great necromancy! This post ended up a little longer than I expected...but for a revival, why not be a bit longwinded?)

Sorune was no happier about the current situation than Kelne was, and he liked even less that he couldn't get over there and treat the wounded as quickly as possible. But...the damn thing had to be stopped. Sorune had taken his time, thinking his strategy through...and when he saw Kamos' shot make the beast clumsy, he saw an opportunity.

"Everybody, try and direct all fire towards the head! The only hope we have of killing this damn thing is going directly for the brain!"

After that, it was very dramatic-Sorune raised his left arm up as his mound of casters quickly backpedaled, trying to get further away from the gigantic beast-and then Sorune leapt off of it as soon as he thought it was -just- far enough, though he kept sending the other two further back for safety sake. The Druid's cloak was fluttering as his own unique brand of magic swelled through Gaera's soil, reshaping it to suit Sorune's needs as he threw as much of himself into the spell as he could-and was repaid when he felt bedrock surge out of the ground and hit the Terrasque's right side, opposite from where Sorune actually was. Hopefully it'd knock the damn thing over...and with its bad leg combined with how ungainly it looked, it wouldn't be able to get back up until they were done destroying it. And if they couldn't destroy it...

Gaera. Lend me your strength-I am not one of your children, but I fight to protect them-help me to do so. And if I have to die today to make it happen...well, this is Doma's lucky day. I've been ready to die for well over twenty years in the service of a planet.

[Attempting to get Sorune 9 hexes away from the Terrasque, but the mound in general at least 11+ away. Following that up with his strongest Earth spell-which I hope AM still has saved on his hard drive, because I don't-attempting to knock the Terrasque over in the process with sheer concussive force-and hopefully that lame leg that Kamos caused will be enough to help in this process.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:29 am

(As this looks to be dead, I present the patented Kelne plan for dealing with the Tarrasque.

1) Sever the spinal cord.

2) Once this has immobilised the Tarrasque, continue hacking at it to offset regeneration.

3) Have a quick whip-around for any metallic items. Weapons, armour, coins, what have you.

4) Get Sorune to shape the metal into a solid disc and set it in place in the cut.

5) Allow the flesh to grow back around the disc. The Tarrasque should now be permanently paralysed from the neck down.

6) Post a guard and get working on a more permanent solution.)

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:38 am

(Minions would charge a 10 gil admission price and Kelne would become wealthy.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:39 am

(Well, until the regeneration pushed the disk out of the cut rather than growing back around it. :D)

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:02 am

(The 10 gil admission price included rampage insurance so now Kelne is no longer wealthy.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:14 am

(As an extra bonus, if you use the metal from Seryntas's sword, he may become a vengeful ghost until it's reforged! :D

...that would make for a good RP o_o)
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Previous

Return to Other RPs