Hello

A haven of general sanity and simplicity--this is the place for all ye new posters, chatters, and RPers to post your introductions, questions, and general whatnot. Come in and break the ice!

Moderator: pd Rydia

Rain_Fox

Hello

Unread postby Rain_Fox » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:56 pm

There's something soothing about this blue and other blue background.

But I guess that's not allowed to be the main reason for this, right?

So, hello! I've tried roleplaying before, with moderate to no success. I was in a group that dissolved due to scheduling nightmares, and while it was active, I often was unsure what to do or say.

Not the best recommendation right? Well, I hope that I can change that.
Well, I don't want to get too verbose with a first post, so...

In sum, hi.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:10 pm

Welcome to RPGWW! Have a fantastic time in our lush blue forums, where the A/C is always running!

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:07 pm

Your monitor is chomping down on 60 peppermint breath mints per second! Ah, the wonders of technology!
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:15 pm

Smell the dip before you use it; one of the jars in the fridge was left out overnight once (we don't know who did it for sure, but I have my suspicions about Capntastic) and I think it's spoiling, but there's so fucking much dip in there that it's hard to tell which one it is without smelling every jar.

Oh, also: If you're interested in RPing on the forum, check the OOC RP Discussion forum to see if there's any RPs that are open for new players. If you're interested in RPing over AIM, go to the room "RPGWW Chat" on AIM; usually people will be willing to at least start up a CIRP (Character Interaction RP; that is, an RP without a plot or the guidance of a Game Master, small in scope and used mostly to develop characters' personalities).
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Rain_Fox

Unread postby Rain_Fox » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:46 pm

Thanks muchly, Capntastic. A/C is the heat of the future! Where time and space have switched their functions so things get longer instead of older, and when you go down an elevator, it's breakfast again.

( It ate my post! Not sure what it is, but it did it! )

Peppermints! The red and white stripy ones? The disc or the sphere ones?

Edit: Spleen, what is this CIRP you speak of? I've sometimes felt that characters seem to be reduced to nothing but their stats, or tools for the GM to tell their story. ( and to be killed off sooner or later. )
I don't agree with this, and this idea seems to be a glimmer of hope that it's not always true.

But, first I'd need a character right? I am probably going to need a bit of help with that. I mean, I don't have too much experience and it has been awhile, too bad there's no kind of de-rustifier or maybe training-wheels.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:38 pm

Rain_Fox wrote:Edit: Spleen, what is this CIRP you speak of? I've sometimes felt that characters seem to be reduced to nothing but their stats, or tools for the GM to tell their story. ( and to be killed off sooner or later. )
I don't agree with this, and this idea seems to be a glimmer of hope that it's not always true.

Why halo thar, you do seem to be in the right place! Welcome!

Rain_Fox wrote:But, first I'd need a character right? I am probably going to need a bit of help with that. I mean, I don't have too much experience and it has been awhile, too bad there's no kind of de-rustifier or maybe training-wheels.

Our Spleen brings up CIRPs, which are something I've always considered to be a good way to break in/de-rustify a character and adapt to or learn the setting. CIRPs are most easy to come across and very malleable--when something comes up that contradicts canon in a bad way, or if you decide later to minorly tweak the character, it's not so hard to say "Oops, my bad, scratch that?"

Of course, you've still got to get the character, but the fine tuning you don't need to do alone. How much reading up you do on that before hand is up to you--when you have a concept, you can talk it out to someone on AIM or post the char in the Character Closet for multiple feedback.

What it comes down to is--we likes us some RPers, and if you're ready to work to get in on the RPing goods we have going on here, then we're willing to help you.

Rain_Fox

Unread postby Rain_Fox » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:57 am

Thanks Rydia, and everyone else who said hello.

Rydia, your links were very helpful. I used them both ( and I would hope, in the right order ) and now have a topic up in the Character Closet.

Ok, sleep now.

Return to The Newcomers Forum