To Save a Rider!

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Location: Under the Bed (Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red)

To Save a Rider!

Unread postby Lenore » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:10 pm

There was, in the land of Doma, an unusual elf named Haku. Haku was unusual in that there was no pigment in her hair or skin excepting her lips, and she had eyes the colour of ice. She was also unusual in that she was highly adept at magic, could speak to animals and...was cold to the touch. She'd fallen for a certain Librarian by the name of J.G. McCormack, who had taken a liking to her as well. It was one day in Haku's shop that she was stewing over a letter sent to her by a friend by the name of Shandara, who lived in the Shuman mountains near Riva, that Haku hatched a plan.

Dearest Haku,

How are you doing? I'm afraid to say that not all is well on my end. It seems the Dragoons have been prying a bit into my private life and are giving me some trouble over my past what with Lilya and all and you know...I was wondering it you'd mind to terribly much comeing over here to maybe stay for a few days and keep a girl company for a bit? And do bring that little pup you were telling me about; he sounds delightful.

Yours always,
Shandara

The Elven woman sighed. It was a slow day in her little shop; not one customer yet. She was alone for now; the Boys had gone to fetch lunch. She was pondering ways to get Shandara out of Riva. She knew that one day the Dragoons were going to get sick of having a former Dragon Rider around (even if her Dragon were dead) and that they were just going to kill her. That was when J.G. walked in. They were discussing this when a striking young elf walked into the shop. But as Haku knew, he was no Elf; he was a Dragon.

Daray. The Dark One. They had met a few days ago in J.G.'s office. He was a mercenary, she knew. It was then that the devious plot was formed. Daray was willing, as was J.G...though he had to get through the bureaucracy....

And then it was set. They would leave in a few days after gathering all the necesseries and meet at the Jade Dragon (for Haku thought this appropriate), then head off in the morning.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/PockyAddict/Long2HonouFlamesSig.jpg[/img]

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:51 pm

Though it takes a bit of doing, J.G. manages to get clearance for the departure to Riva, though it costs him a few favors and a few strings. On the day of departure, he stands ready in the Jade, flail at his belt and book satchel across his back. Grumbling a bit, he sits at the bar, nursing a drink as he waits for the arrival of his traveling companions.

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:02 pm

Haku gathered stares as she walked through the tavern to sit by J.G. "Has Daray not shown up yet?" she asked. She ignored the envious stares J.G. was getting.

As always, as if on cue, Daray walked in, looking for J.G. and Haku. The striking elf sat next to J.G. More seething glares. "Sorry I'm late."
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/PockyAddict/Long2HonouFlamesSig.jpg[/img]

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:14 pm

Setting his glass down, J.G. leans back. "Hmph. So, when are we leaving?"

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:16 pm

"You're a grouch today," commented Daray.

"You ain't seen nothin' yet," muttered Haku, in reference to the person they would be attempting to rescue.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:38 pm

"...We're leaving soon, then? You both ready, no last minute preparations or anything?"

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:16 pm

(OOC: Before this takes off without me...)

As it just so happened, a former dragoon of Riva was sitting nearby in that very room. Her name was Maron Bailey, and she was currently serving as an acolyte at a shrine of Ishtar in the countryside of southwestern Doma. She was presently in Doma City, however, to visit an Ishtarian shrine located here.

She could hear the conversation taking place nearby, but she was only halfway listening in, and not at all intentionally. After all, nothing unusual enough had been said so far to catch her attention.

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:29 pm

Kisune poked his head out of Haku's pack. 'Are we there yet?'

"No Kit, we're not there yet," said Haku patiently.

'Is Sirius coming???'

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:39 pm

"He'll be coming, yes. Whenever we actually head out, which I'd still like to know when we're planning to do."

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:42 pm

"I thought we might have a drink before going...I hate to say this but dealing with Dragon clans always gives me a headache..."

"Mine especially," said Daray gloomily. He didn't sound like he had many fond memories of home.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:03 pm

"Good sign for the trip, I suppose. Go ahead, I've already started in. They've got a good selection of drink here, at least."

Sipping at his own drink, J.G. continues to frown, trying to keep his focus on the trip ahead.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:59 pm

Maron's attention was caught by the mention of dragons. She glanced at the group holding the conversation now, then turned her eyes away to pretend to be looking at something else while she listened in. The odds were that what the people speaking about still wasn't any of her business, but she would rather be safe than sorry if it did concern her.

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:25 pm

She nodded and ordered a drink, as did Daray.

The three sat in silence.

"So you're sure you know a Dragon who is appropriate for the task, Daray?"

"Yes, I know the perfect one."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:36 pm

"Want to tell us a little about them? Be nice to know something about this dragon and their clan before they get there."

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:48 pm

"I met him the last time I visited my mother and Terra's - er, -my friend's parents. He's a young one...I think he'll be 15 this year...And he's got really nice colouring, green scales and brow wing membranes. His name is Navarre...It means Swift Arrow. He's pretty nice, I guess. Cute little guy."

"Sounds perfect."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:50 pm

"15? Sort of young for a dragon, isn't it? As long as they live, he can't be more than a pup, can he? You sure he'd be up for being a mount?"

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:51 pm

"They must be young to bond," said Haku quietly.

"He's big for his age. Big enough to Ride, I'd say," said Daray. "And he's like me. One of the downtrodden. He'll be happy to leave."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:29 am

"Hmm. Suppose that makes sense, Haku. And I guess you'd know him best, Daray."

Finishing his drink, he sets his glass down, crossing his arms.

"What about your friend, Haku? Haven't told us much about her personally yet. Anything we should know about her before we meet?"

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:49 pm

"Ehehehe...she's kind of cranky, really. But you know, being like half a person can do that to you. But she's really nice under all her crankieness. Her name is Shandara...as you know she used to be a Rider...I think she still keeps in touch with her Dragon's Mother....Kavi I think it is...Anything specific you want to know?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:44 pm

"Hmm. Not that I can think of, no. Where's she live in Riva? Afraid I don't know the country that well, myself. Anything I should know about the trip before we go?"

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:22 pm

"She lives in the Shumans at Rivas edge; prime Dragoon country, which is why I'm so worried. I don't really know the area that well myself...It's kind of risky to hire a guide though, if you know what I mean. I'd be willing to pay well..."

((Seethe, jump in!))

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:41 pm

Maron suddenly stood up from her seat and approached.

"Excuse me, but you say you need a guide through the Shumans?" she asked. "I used to be a dragoon, you see. Used to be. If you're trying to get someone out of Riva, I'd be willing to help with that. I won't ask for payment, either."

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:01 pm

"Former Dragoon, eh? You have no problems with Dragons?" she asked. "BEcause on this journey we'll be seeing quite a few. I don't think Daray here would take to kindly to you killing his clanmates."

Daray gave her a glare.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:20 pm

Maron saw the glare, but instead of glaring back defensively, she just looked at the floor and gave a shamed sigh.

"I have no problem with dragons," she said after a moment, a shaky tone tone in her voice showing that this subject was sore for her. "There's a reason why I quit being a dragoon."

She would have been a lot happier if that question hadn't been asked, but she had known that it would be. It wouldn't have been any better for her to have been dishonest, though. Especially since she probably wouldn't be able to fool anyone past the first time she had to use her spear.

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:29 pm

"Very well. You're hired. Sit down and have a drink. We'll leave when we're through." She smiled. "I know what it's like to have a past you don't care to remember. So, what's your name?"

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:07 am

"Maron," answered the former dragoon, returning the smile as she sat down, relieved and glad that she had been accepted. "Maron Bailey. And your name?"

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:42 pm

"I am called Haku, The burly one over there is Daray, and the cute one on the other side of me is J.G. McCormack." She winked at him. "There will be two dog accompanying us on this journey, both puppies, but capable. One of them is mine, his name is Kitsune, but you can call him Kit."

Kit stuck his head out of her pack and looked at Maron as if to say, "HIIIIIII!!!" He was bloody adorable as all get out. His tail wagged.

"The other one is older, named Sirius, he's traveling with J.G."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:53 pm

Nodding to Maron as she sits down, J.G. speaks up.

"Seem a bit eager to come along with us. Any special reason you're so ready to come along with us? And for free, no less."

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:38 pm

"I just have to," Maron replied as she reached down to pet the cute puppy. "It sounded like you needed a guide through the mountains, and I can guide you through the mountains. I can also help hold off any hostiles and heal any injuries you might pick up along the way. I have no good reason to just walk away."

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 pm

Kitsune jumped out of Haku's pack and onto the bar top, walking over to Maron despite sliping some on the polished surface. 'I like her!' he said, tail wagging madly. HE proped his forepaws on her arm, only to promtly slide backward onto the bartop. 'Oof...'

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:19 am

Paying a brief glance to Kit, he looks to Maron, curtly nodding.

"All right. If Haku wants you aboard, that's good enough for me, I suppose."

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:31 pm

'Heeeeeeee...' Kit looked excited. He skittered around on the bartop out of excitement.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:15 pm

"Good deal," Maron replied, responding to J.G. as she watched the puppy running around. "Before we go, though, I'll need to swing by the shrine of Ishtar and leave word of where I'm off to."

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:17 pm

"That's fine," Haku said with a nod. ((Brain Deth))

Return to Gaera Main RPs