Ake Tanner

For artistic creations in non-text format.
Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Ake Tanner

Unread postby Kai » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:53 pm

For Spleen, because he asked.

Link.

I don't know. I feel like I should use this space to make excuses. So um.... yeah. Something.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:23 am

Looks great. I like that shading style, and I'm not sure what's up with the colors, but it's cool how it looks like a subtle blend of tones. The background design's cool too, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's some simple thing that I'm overly impressed by. :O

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:44 pm

Wow, I didn't know this thread was here. I should check this forum more often!

As I've said in chat, I love it. He really does look like he just kicked some ass - it looks like it could be a win portrait in a fighting game, which is cool, and actually kind of what I intended when I requested this, though I guess subconsciously.

My favorite part is the shading, especially the way his neck looks so realistic. Look! He's got a sternum, just like a real person!

The contrast between the blood from the head wound and the hair isn't particularly obvious; the similarity is enough to make the blood coming down from his head look like an extension of his hair. The wound itself also doesn't look realistic, I think. The blood seems to flow down from his otherwise unblemished hairline without affecting any of the hair.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous