The PCR (Freestyle board M&M RP)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
darkknight61189
Rice President

The PCR (Freestyle board M&M RP)

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:57 pm

The brush strokes flew across the canvas, the paint blending seamlessly. The artist's wrist flicked with each pass, purposeful and meaningful. The man's eyes saw more than just the paint on the canvas: there was determination and meaning there. What had started off as a blank cloth had transformed itself into a countryside, fields of wheat populating the horizon. The wheat stalks swayed in the wind, and the green grass glimmered with morning dew. The crimson barn gleamed in the light.

And the farmer screamed.

"I don't want to do this anymore."

"Oh, but you must. You can't forsake the gift you were given."

Within the Precinct, there are a number of different divisions, each responsible for a specific task that the Precinct needs done. The Reconnaissance Division goes out into the Multiverse and monitors different planets and alerts the Precinct of events they need to monitor more closely or intervene in. The Research Division is the IT department of the Precinct which takes care of the portal room and auto-dispenser realm, as well as researching other technological devices for the Precinct. Each Division has a very specific job to do, but none of them are as dangerous as the Procurement, Containment and Research Division.

Procurement, Containment and Research Division Manifest
The Procurement, Containment and Research Division is dedicated to the retrieval and containment of entities exhibiting catastrophic potentiality phenomena with the intention of study, rather than extermination, of the subjects to facilitate in the completion of Precinct objectives.

The PCR division presides within a pocket dimension only accessible from Planet Zero. The pocket dimension is infinite in volume and all physical objects within the dimension are completely controlled by the head of the PCR division, Dr. Ian Reiley. He also controls the opening and closing of the portal to Planet Zero. Dr. Reiley had been one of the first subjects captured by the PCR, but over the years has proven his loyalty and intelligence to be above reproach and has risen to head the PCR division himself, especially considering his unique ability.

Very often, the individuals pursued by the PCR can hop between dimensions, and many of them are sociopaths. Some are individuals who, faced with the realization of the vast infinite-ness of the multiverse, became hell-bent on destroying the universes, or ensuring that their home universe was the only one to exist. Others have abilities that, if left uncontrolled, could result in the destruction or disruption of the multiverse, despite no ill-will from the individual. but not all of them are, and not all of them are just locked up with the key thrown away. An important part of the PCR's goal is to conduct research into the abilities of the PCRs (as the individuals and artifacts are designated) to see if they will help in the Precinct's goals. Another example of this, behind the head of the PCR division, is the Hive Mind Ben (designated PCR-378), whose abilities have proven highly valuable to the Precinct and who has proven his overall loyalty to the Precinct. It is with these sorts of individuals in mind that the PCR division does its job.

I'm going to be running this freestyle on the board, but I encourage you all to take a look through the Mutants and Masterminds handbook and base your character within the powers in the book. I'm also going to be keeping Spleen's original character creation rules, so make sure you take a look at http://forums.rpgww.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9110. If you've got any questions, let me know. I'm usually around on AIM at bandfreak61189.

Angelica
The Doorkeeper

Re: The PCR (Freestyle board M&M RP)

Unread postby Angelica » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:50 am

Exciting!!!

Cute bunny approves. :bunny:

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:34 pm

I have been neglecting this forum in general but this thread even more.
My apologies, I've been doing stupid and inane shit and I will supply an interesting character concept soon.
"That's not interactive, there's no back-and-forth with the other player and how much fun is it to watch someone incredibly good at moving their eyes? And then whichever Seeker gets lucky swoops in and grabs the Snitch and makes everyone else's work moot. It's like someone took a real game and grafted on this pointless extra position just so that you could be the Most Important Player without needing to really get involved or learn the rest of it. Who was the first Seeker, the King's idiot son who wanted to play Quidditch but couldn't understand the rules?" Actually, now that Harry thought about it, that seemed like a surprisingly good hypothesis. Put him on a broomstick and tell him to catch the shiny thing...

ElComodoro
The Bard(With optional 1000 sands attachment)

Unread postby ElComodoro » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:26 am

I'm in. With a sufficiently creepy character.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Awesome! I've still got another friend who's never been on this board but that I know IRL that is in interested. As well, Idran expressed some interest in the matter, so we'll see how that pans out. Angelica's been talking to me about a character and I believe is in the process of working up a character, so once all characters are finalized, I'll be starting.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:42 pm

I will be playing Jacob.

Jacob grew up on an alternate-universe Earth very much like our own. He was a normal kid in every possible way, and a normal adult too, until that fateful day when aliens attacked.

See, while in the movies, you'd imagine aliens attacking our planet do so out of spite, or to harvest our resources, or something else unnecessarily complicated and costly. These aliens didn't do that though, they had already figured out the most cost-effective way of invasion, and to bolster their own growing army.

See, the Xil'nar were a species constantly at war. A trans-dimensional war as it were, and while the war was raging at a more or less deadlock state, the Xil'nar lacked the technology to compete against the much more advanced Aaaaabnar (Abs). To make up for it, the Xil'nar used their naturally developing symbiotic nature on a galactic scale.

The Xil'nar were an insectile race of a multitude of forms, because the original grub carried within it the genetic material to reconstruct another creature into a Xil'nar. Countless planets had already been sacrificed for the Greater Good of the Xil'nar, and almost as many races had been mass-reconstructed to serve as another meat-shield with the most intelligent tried to device new ways of battling the Abs.

None of this was known by Jacob, or the rest of Planet Earth's population as the Xil'nar grubs landed in clusters across the globe. Within weeks there were mere pockets of feeble resistance left, alive only because the converted humans were too busy adapting their old homeworld into a Xil'nar stronghold. Jacob, one of the first reconstructs, was a failed model. During the initial stages of an invasion, several 'models' would be constructed out of the host's genome and the Xil'nar DNA. Eventually, one or two of the models would prove efficient enough that the remaining population would fill these niches, but Jacob's model hadn't made the cut.

Being unaware of this (the Xil'nar mind-network generally dulled the mind of the drones to make them more efficient), Jacob was destined to spend the rest of his existance toiling away and perhaps eventually dying against the Abs.

As fate would have it, however, Jacob (or, Xil'nar'tos'pta'theck'spa as he was known as) somehow wound up isolated from the main hive, and as the tendrils of the Xil'nar left him, he found himself returned to his original mind for the first time in years.

A horrifying experience to be sure, but Jacob has acclimatized wonderfully, despite looking like an over-grown cockroach. These days, his tough shell and happy-go-lucky (some would say self-destructive) nature makes him ideal for missions with extreme environments and/or a high chance of fatality.

That's about all I've thought of, I will probably work more on his background, but I liked this idea.
"That's not interactive, there's no back-and-forth with the other player and how much fun is it to watch someone incredibly good at moving their eyes? And then whichever Seeker gets lucky swoops in and grabs the Snitch and makes everyone else's work moot. It's like someone took a real game and grafted on this pointless extra position just so that you could be the Most Important Player without needing to really get involved or learn the rest of it. Who was the first Seeker, the King's idiot son who wanted to play Quidditch but couldn't understand the rules?" Actually, now that Harry thought about it, that seemed like a surprisingly good hypothesis. Put him on a broomstick and tell him to catch the shiny thing...

Angelica
The Doorkeeper

Unread postby Angelica » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:13 pm

I'm just playing a normal albino girl from radioactive suburbia.

Return to OOC RP Discussion