Freestyle RP idea. Maybe. (Spinoff?)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Freestyle RP idea. Maybe. (Spinoff?)

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:40 pm

I HAVE TALKED TO SOME PEOPLE ON AIM. They might know what this is about.

Basically, I really, really enjoy the setting of Krynus. For people unaware, that's where the Child's Play games are taking place. The setting is basically...Modern day + A few levels of tech. Anyway, my idea.

Krynus is split into two land masses; the Northern Continent and the Southern Wastes. The West side of the Northern Continent is all entirely held by The Empire. No name, that's just what they're called.

Krynus is a changing world, with the Wunderkind beginning to pop up, there's something of an arms race. The Empire has no Wunderkind. But it wants them.

So, my idea is: Sort of like the main Child's Play group, the situation will be the start of the Empire's Wunderkind force. Players will be able to play Wunderkind, if they want. Or, they can also play members of the Imperial army. Or, the Imperial police. I'm allowing it to be pretty lose here. If you can justify your character investigating mishaps within a giant country that the rest of the world inexplicably doesn't like, I'm cool.

Sheets are a non-issue. It'll be entirely story driven with events tying into the other two Child's Play games (NEXT, Classic Child's Play.). First and foremost, this is a question of interest:

If I did some good old fashioned freestyle RP goodness, who would be interested?

Edit: Already in Child's Play, but got an idea for a Wunderkind alt? Or a Krynian character? Feel free to jump in.
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: Freestyle RP idea. Maybe. (Spinoff?)

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:58 pm

Just confirming that I'd be up for this. Not sure yet if I'd go with another Wunderkind of an Imperial soldier-type.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:51 pm

I'm into it.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:19 pm

I have a few people responding via AIM as well! Excellent.

Okay, so I'll break it down a bit.

Characters: What I'm looking for here is...Basically anything. I'd like at least one player to play an Imperial Wunderkind so I can incorporate elements of their over-arcing plot into this one. Other than that, if you can give me a valid reason your character would be tied up in investigation matters, that's fine.

Imperial Trooper, Imperial Police Officer, Private Eye, whatever. If you can give me a reason to be there that's good enough, that's fine by me.

Setting: The main area of the story will be the Imperial Capital, Bucephalus. For those who played SC2, I did not come up with the name, it was given to me, screw off.

As I said, Bucephalus is the capital of the Empire. The Empire is the dominant force on the Northern Continent of Krynus, taking up roughly 45% of the landmass. It's an Empire, and ruled accordingly, by an Emperor. For a long time, the Empire has been the dominant technological force on Krynus, matched only by D-52. However, with the advent of Wunderkind, they're beginning to fall behind. That's where the story starts.

Krynus, as a whole, is a lot like modern day Earth, with the exception that Krynian tech is advanced on ours. Mechs are often used for combat purposes, or for building. Robots are getting to the point where they're usable for manual labor. Cybernetic Prosthetics, while expensive, are available.

Geographically, Krynus is split into two land masses- The Northern Continent, and the Southern Wastes. The southern wastes were only recently found to even exist, and colonization is being attempted, fairly unsuccessfully so far.

The Empire: As mentioned, the Empire takes up about 45% of the inhabited landmass on the Northern Continent. Due to their size and history, they're not exceptionally well liked by the other countries, despite not being anything even close to hostile in years.

The Empire was the driving force behind the Great War 15 years ago, that ended in a ceasefire when neither side was making any progress. It was the Empire, versus the collective efforts of EVERY OTHER COUNTRY. Though they're not actively hostile anymore, the Empire refuses to give up any of the land that it's currently got, much to the dismay of the Alliance.

Citizens in the Empire benefit from having a great economy, advanced technology, and pretty high quality of life. Stuff is stable there, other than when one of Krynus's two moons disappeared about two years ago for reasons unknown. Soldiers and Police enjoy fairly cushy jobs, thanks to Bucephalus having it's own teenage super hero, along with their greatly advanced equipment.

System: Like I said, freestyle. Entirely story driven here. Not that other RPs aren't. Any combat will be rolled freestyle, basically on a D6. This is basically Child's Play Lite. Diet Child's Play.

Important characters:

Emperor Tycho: The current Emperor. A strong willed man who tends to get what he wants one way or another. Although he's only been recently crowned Emperor, he's already made quite a name for himself by reducing crime rates without altering the budget any. Though, many attribute that to having a superhero on the payroll.

The Imperial Advisor: Not a public figure, so much as someone mentioned in the news every now and again. Rumored to be an alien.

Major General John Broughleo: He's probably going to be someone's favorite character, if he's not already.

Raekus Pazhitnov: Mayor of Bucephalus. Created the infamous Paznitnov's Revenge chess gambit. Considered a world class chess player.

Ellastic: Bucephalus's teenage super hero. She's assumed to be human, but only the Empire knows for sure. Powers include a highly rubbery, malleable, stretchy body, superhuman agility, and bouncing. Despite going around without her mask when the mood strikes, she has never been identified.

MORE TO COME LATER PROBABLY.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:40 pm

Interested parties should give me a post with your concepts so that I can get a roster and keep everything straight.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:50 pm

Talked with you about them earlier, but to get it here too for convenience: Scarlett, Wunderkind, and Valentin, Imperial soldier. :O

Gee Cee

Unread postby Gee Cee » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:32 pm

how did I even get roped into this ._.

Anyway! Owen, Imperial Military Policeman with too many prosthetics.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:32 pm

Because you know I'm awesome is how.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Since I am a massive douche and properly trained as well, I think I'm going to bring in an old character for shits and giggles, run through the tumbler of reincarnation a few times since I'm not sure half-cat people exists in the Empire.

Alistair, Army commander (preferrably Colonel or something, but really wherever he's good to be), hands-on, jovial kind of guy who doesn't mind knocking a few heads if he can chill out afterwards.
"That's not interactive, there's no back-and-forth with the other player and how much fun is it to watch someone incredibly good at moving their eyes? And then whichever Seeker gets lucky swoops in and grabs the Snitch and makes everyone else's work moot. It's like someone took a real game and grafted on this pointless extra position just so that you could be the Most Important Player without needing to really get involved or learn the rest of it. Who was the first Seeker, the King's idiot son who wanted to play Quidditch but couldn't understand the rules?" Actually, now that Harry thought about it, that seemed like a surprisingly good hypothesis. Put him on a broomstick and tell him to catch the shiny thing...

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:28 pm

PRELIMINARY STUFF STARTS LATER THIS WEEK PROBABLY MAYBE.

Gee Cee

Unread postby Gee Cee » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:09 am

Correction - civilian policeman, because I didn't know the Empire MP only handled military matters (it really seemed like the sort of place for them to have civilian jurisdiction!)

Return to OOC RP Discussion