OOC International/Intercontinental RP?

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

OOC International/Intercontinental RP?

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:29 pm

Ok, so, Baron has been in stasis for too long, sitting idle with a power vacuum at the head of it's government. I'm working out what kind of government it should be trying to form for itself right now, but that doesn't really add much to the setting if I start and finish work on it alone. An edit to the Wiki page for Baron that might not even be noticed by a lot of people, you know?

So, while Baron is trying to carry itself through this process, I'd like to hear how various nations, both in Igala and possible outside of Igala, are reacting to the situation. If people are interested, I'll make an RP thread in Gaera Main RPs, and hopefully the whole thing will be interesting for all. Better yet, this doesn't have to be strictly about Baron or have a central GM, which I'll get to in a minute.

On structure: Obviously, for this to be realistic, you can't tell everyone why the nation you're the current expert on is doing everything it's doing, the fine details of that, etc. What I'd like to do is have people post in here what their nation is doing openly and what statements they're making or propaganda they're spreading at the same time. Meanwhile, people will PM me or other people affected by their nation's secret activities with any other important information on what's actually happening, what secret activities are taking place, etc.

For example, let's say that both Barius and Valth take an interest in the situation in Baron. Valth wants to quietly send in a task force to evaluate Baron's defensive and offensive capabilities, to determine how conquerable they are, what assets the nation has to offer it's neighbors, and if they can who Baron is talking with. Outwardly, however, they want to remain neutral from the whole thing. Doug would PM me and tell me what Valth's spies were up to, trusting me to be mature about the whole thing and fairly determine what they can find out. In here, he would simply post that Valth has either openly stated it's neutral position, or even that it makes no statement whatsoever. Barius, meanwhile, not only sends in a small team to evaluate Baron in much the same way, but also looks for agents from other nations doing the same thing. Outwardly, Barius claims to be interested in lending Baron aide, and makes their 'humanitarian activity' widely known. Maybe they send some token economic gift along with their message, maybe not. Shini PMs me with the relevant information about his spies, and posts to the thread with Barius' public announcements. Then it's my job to reveal what his spies learn, and if they learn about Doug's spies. From there, Shini might choose to have Barius start talking to Valth, or he might choose to out Valth's spies to Baron. Or he might keep quiet, and wait for an opportunity to use the information in a better way. In any case, hyjinks ensue.

So, are people interested?

Edit: Concept and execution are totally open to suggestion and rewriting.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: OOC International/Intercontinental RP?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:16 pm

I will compose a measured response (hell, I might even write the king a SPEECH) in the coming days.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:22 pm

I did some talking to Kelne, and I agree with him that this should be open to groups and factions with power of some kind as well. So, that's things like the various Churches of Gaera, which don't know a nationality, that's labor unions or organized crime groups, Places like Gunnir that have significant populations or clout, but are independent... Hell, if they work at something hard enough, that's Kelne and the minions. So long as they're trying to make some impact on a nation, whether that's Baron or elsewhere. A kind of replacement for the now defunct "What's happening in Gaera" thread. I think that had an important purpose and, if we're going to keep using this setting, that needs to come back in some form. Preferably one that's a bit more interactive.

Anyone? I'm glad that Chuck has shown and interest, and that Kelne and Ashley are putting in ideas, but I'd love to see other people get in on this too.

PS: No reason to discount the influence of interested groups from other worlds and planes of existence. Make shit up if you like, for that matter.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Ok then. So that's Chuck and maybe Doug and Ashley interested, both stated out of the thread privately. I'll take what I can get.

Return to OOC RP Discussion