Upcoming Board Campaign- Child's Play.

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Upcoming Board Campaign- Child's Play.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:09 pm

Update time for the Database:

Name: Kidritta Osbourne
Serial: KIOS013
DoB/Age: Dec. 24th, 3745 (10 years old)
Place of Birth: Oceanopolis, Tropic of Enkulai
Archtype: Light Melee
Class: Pikeman.
Strengths: Glaring, having freakish ears and features, having a very thick accent, acting.
Weaknesses: Being friendly.

Additonal (OOC:) DM has provided me a handy visual reference for her face, SO YOU CAN SEE THE FREAKISHNESS:
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:06 pm

She is not freaky. :[

Also, Max is a poopy head and rude and mean and inconsiderate. :<

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:20 pm

Max is 13.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:40 pm

Didn't Christian just say that?

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:43 pm

Oh right, my mistake. Translation error.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:24 pm

Nah, I tried to be funny, but I came off as a jerk. Sorry about that.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:52 am

I'm pretty sure nobody here is actually upset.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:50 pm

I AM SO VERY ANGRY. LOOK AT MY ANGRY FACE:

:nyoron:

... Aw fuck.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Just a reminder, I need sheets from people ASAP. I can do Mission 3 without them, but beyond that, I will need them.

If needed, Idran said awhile ago he'd be willing to help anyone who needed it (I am very bad with numbers, you see). As for starting weapons, I haven't actually statted anything out yet, but what I want you to do is pick your weapon(s) of choice, and then I will stat them. Built in weapons (Basically all non-melee) will be the same deal, basically tell me what you want and I'll stat it out (So long as it's class appropriate. But that should be fairly easy to guess.)

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:35 pm

Addition: If you pick Destined as an advantage/Disadvantage, be forwarned that I have special things in store. :D

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:13 pm

KnightsofSquare: I will travel across the land
KnightsofSquare: Searching far and wide
KnightsofSquare: Teach Wunderkind to understand
KnightsofSquare: The power that's inside!
TheWaiChibiAngel: *...*
KnightsofSquare: Wunderkind! Gotta patch 'em all!
TheWaiChibiAngel: *Door's over that way.*

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:47 am

I know it's their destiny!

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:19 pm

Okay, so this is just something I've been thinking for a couple weeks now that I'd like to try for this RP.

Basically, I'd like to get at least one post every two days from everyone. I know you're busy, but at the same time, I'm not even looking for anything 'epic' or even particularly meaningful. Just something so that we can keep things moving somewhat and actually make it through the plot before I'm fifty.

Because it's a long plot. :(

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:20 pm

I agree with this sentiment, and I would like to see the same. And I'll do my best to hold myself to the same standard.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:25 pm

A thousand times yes. This RP is part of my regular "Internet stuff" routine, and I've had to hold back on posting several times, because I didn't want to hog the thread.
Last edited by BrainWalker on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:06 am

I think I can get behind that, yes. I agree with BW as well, I don't want to feel that I'm hogging the RP.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:32 am

Just another reminder: I really, really need sheets soon. Mission 3 is about to start (GUESS WHAT IT'S ABOUT), and as of mission 4, you'll have your characters bodies, which need stats, which need sheets.

PLOX :(

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:46 pm

Rainy Season Unusually Cold

In a bizarre twist of the usual early summer fair, temperatures this season have plummeted. What is normally a very warm, wet season has suddenly become a very cold one, instead. Meteorologists are currently at a loss for the drop in temperature around Deck City, but theorize it has something to do with a change in oceanic currents.

Normally, average day time temperature for the rainy season is between seventy and eighty-five degrees. However, before the heavy rain has even begun, temperature has dropped to a high in the sixties, and bottoming out Tuesday night at a chilly forty.

It's theorized that, if the temperature trend holds, Deck City will need to have it's snow gear ready by early September.

Computer Crashes Frustrate College Students

Just earlier this evening, the network at Deck City University suffered a massive crash, costing thousands of students hours of time and work, and several professors their notes and grades. The state-of-the-art network is one of the most secure in the world, and the university's tech team is left in the dark as to the cause of the crash.

Several other agencies throughout the city have also reported network problems. D-52 has yet to make a statement concerning their own networks, but we can only think that being in the position they are, they might have escaped unscathed. Whatever the problem, all networks citywide appear to have stabilized again, but the problems caused by the crashes may still be apparent for the upcoming weeks.

Odd Disappearances Currently Under Investigation

A series of strange disappearances is currently under investigation in the Imperial Lands.

The Empire to the west has often been at odds with the Eastern Alliance, since the Global War eleven years ago, reported the disappearances of Andrew and James Gibson, and Kathleen Applebough Monday. The children, all age 7, disappeared while shopping in the Jack District mall with their parents. "We looked away for just a second, and they had disappeared." says Vigo Gibson, the boys father.

More worrying is that while the children disappeared, their clothing and possessions where left in a pile on the floor, as if taken right out of them. Oddly, there was no robbery, all possessions were accounted for, including Andrew's DeeFifty Two Screen, which was found on and in it's open position when the children disappeared, indicating that, if taken, the abductor wasn't interested in items of value.

The Empire is taking the situation very seriously, and Deck City has offered it's cooperation on the matter.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Just FYI, I'm being held hostage for Family Thanksgiving Traditions and will be in mountainous Appalachia without access to internet or civilization from Wednesday through Saturday.

I love my family, but I wish I didn't have to go back in time to visit them.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:48 pm

I suddenly don't feel so bad about my parents living an hour and a half away from me.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:28 pm

GUESS WHO'S BACK, AND DIDN'T DIE?

Well, yes, but also me.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:53 pm

So, six months after we begin, response and support has been overwhelming. As of now, I have...I believe (And correct me if I'm wrong), 8 players, and then at least four waiting in the wings.

12 players for one game is a bit much, but I have ideas, and I'd hope to think that if you're willing to play in my game, you're willing to trust me to run it the way it should be.

After much debate and planning, I have decided that I am going to take the four extras (PLus another 1-2 who'd want in), and begin a SECOND thread, same setting, same world as the first, but a second team with their own unique thread in the story of the Wunderkind. I'd like everyone to post what they'd prefer, including those who are joining, but not yet in.

The options, thusly, are following:

Do we want one big group, where everyone is working with everyone else?

OR

Do we want two smaller groups (Smaller being relative, here), both with their on unique stories, plots, and missions?

Thoughts would be muchly appreciated.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:56 pm

My vote is to give the RP the same contours as Idran is using for Planeswalkers - allow the groups to get mixed up a little so we have a chance to play with different combinations of people.

It'll also give more people a chance to get mad at my character! Scooooore.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:56 pm

Two separate story threads, with shared downtime when feasible and maybe occasional gueststars or EPIC CROSSOVER EVENTS

Count me in for Crisis on a Large But Finite Number of Servers

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:00 pm

I think it may work best both for in-story reasons and for board-logistical reasons to have two separate, smaller teams.

Also, hi everybody!
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:01 pm

I'm with Spleen here. One big group could easily become to unwieldy; two smaller groups with opportunities for overlap would be easier to keep track of (for the GMs and the players), and it would be easier for individual characters to stand out.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Also

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:39 pm

Name: Milton Birdseye
Serial: MIBI015
DoB/Age: 3742 (age: 13)
Place of Birth: Deck City, Mitiaro
Archtype: Medical
Class: Medic
Strengths: Determined, cool-headed, thorough, precise
Weaknesses: Single-minded to the point of obliviousness, slow learner, emotionally imperceptive
Hobbies/Interests: Light switches, board games, horticulture
Background: Milton was well on his way to being a tragic case, on life support for nearly two years before his parents pulled the plug, which they did mere seconds before the D-52 represented presented an alternative. Milton was clinically dead for 15.2 seconds, and his brain had begun degenerating when he was resuscitated, and restabilized in D-52 facilities. D-52's official stance is that the experience was not sufficiently damaging to impede his function in any way, but he has since shown to be a little slow, always seeming to be paying attention to something else. Nonetheless, he took to his training, once he understood it, with tenacity and seriousness, and became something of a disturbing prodigy (the watchword is "savant") with medical application, not showing any squeamishness with blood and organs when there's a job to be done.
Last edited by PriamNevhausten on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:09 pm

I tend to agree with the general trend so far; Separate with a big mixer during down time. I don't know that changing up the groups from mission to mission will work as well here, since this game is meant to have an overarching plot, where Planewalkers has is more episodic and random. The Planes are a lot bigger and have many more people on almost any given plane than Krynus has on the whole planet, so it makes sense that you could do a lot more wholly unconnected stuff there.

I would say that maybe we should get shuffled around a bit after all the new players have been introduced, to fill in the various archetype slots.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:43 pm

I might be a bit biased here, but I'd also vote for separate threads with between-mission mixed downtime. It's been a pretty effective way for me to handle things, and I think it'd work out pretty well here too.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:45 pm

I don't have much extra to add really; I agree with the others that a bit of a mix every now and then wouldn't be so bad. However, If we're going with further Mega man parallels, why not imitate the Maverick Hunters from the X series? Have teams with designated specialties... uh... like, underwater missions, or urban missions... and wunderkinds can be on more than one team.

And separate threads would be cool, and although I would like to occasionally play with the others, having solid teams might be better. Hell, we could have a character-interaction thread if we're really hungering for talking.

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:30 pm

I think separate threads is perhaps the better route to go,both for your own sanity if nothing else. Also, it would make a good deal of sense IC-ly to have multiple teams too.

Also: Just think of the crossover events! :D!

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:35 pm

Definitely two teams with crossovers here.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:04 pm

Okay, so I've told some people already.

What I plan to do is two seperate groups that, at first (And for awhile) WILL NOT KNOW OF THE EXISTANCE OF THE OTHER GROUP. Later on, though, both groups will meet, possibly join up, link tgether and trade members.

For MAJOR story events (Such as major plot missions), I will have both teams on the same mission, approaching from different angles.

During downtime between missions, ONCE the teams meet up, you will be able (And encouraged) to CI between yourselves as much as you'd like.

If anyone has a problem with this, let me know. If not, I'd like my new players to hit me with their character profiles ASAP. :P

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:34 am

Name: Daniel Wilson
Serial: DAWI028
DoB/Age: Jan. 15th, 3744 (11 years old)
Place of Birth: Deck City
Archtype: Light Melee
Class: --
Strengths: Decisiveness, Energy, Lateral Thinking
Weaknesses: Stubborn, Occasionally Unfriendly
Hobbies:
Background: To be added soon.

Will finish this a bit later on, but hey. Its looking good so far, I hope.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:05 pm

Sorry it took so long.

Name: Agatha Lane

Serial: AGLA014

DoB/Age: 3743 (age: 12)

Place of Birth: Deck City, Mitiaro

Archtype: Light Combat (Melee)

Class: Pikemen

Strengths: Agile, heightend sense of hearing, and very loyal.

Weaknesses: Quite niave on various subjects, more trusting then she should really be

Hobbies/Interests: Anything extremely colorful, watching cartoons or anything animated, and painting (Even if she is no good at it)

Background: -Backstory pending 'cause I'm a slacker-

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Okay, so now both threads are up. It would be best if both teams did not read the other's thread until the teams merge, because both lines will contain spoilers for the others.

THIS IS YOUR FRIENDLY REMINDER.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Welcome aboard folks!

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Alexis has found another 'hidden' objective to missions: Juniorkind!

There are 1-3 Juniorkind in every mission from this point on. Finding them will open missions and new NPCs to you as they mature into new Wunderkind, and some will even give you bonuses. So watch out for the wording on missions and descriptions of terrain.

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:36 pm

KnightsofSquare (9:35:22 PM): sweet, we've found the unevolved form of wunderkind
KnightsofSquare (9:35:28 PM): A new entry for the wunderdex!
TheWaiChibiAngel (9:35:40 PM): *Goddamnit all*
TheWaiChibiAngel (9:35:42 PM): *I need to stop feeding that.*

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:10 pm

Aren't they a bit like the Fairies in Megaman Zero?

PreviousNext

Return to OOC RP Discussion