Chat RP Stuff

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Chat RP Stuff

Unread postby Kai » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:01 pm

I'm finding that I miss chat RPs a great deal. There was a time a couple of years ago when I or someone else was starting one almost every night, and we seem to have lost that momentum.

If we could get people together sometime this week, who else would be interested in starting to do more of the casual chat stuff again? Am I the only one who liked doing that?

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:08 pm

I'm interested in it, but I've rarely got time to myself to do it anymore. Yell at me if you see me online when things get going?

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:11 pm

When're you generally around? I'm not as quick with people's internet schedules as I used to be.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:20 pm

I am generally down with such a thing, with the caveat that my evenings tend to be, shall we say, sparse in availability. I'll do my best to make sure my away messages (start to) reflect my I-am-here status (or lack thereof) if you'll invite me when things start and I'm around.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Blackwind Isao

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:31 pm

I'm down with it however my schedule is pretty unreliable outside of Thursday. That and the fact that I can't install anything other that Yahoo messenger here.

If that works for anyone let me know. Otherwise... *shrug*
- Isao
Ignorance has no power over those who dare to know. And those who dare have the power to change everything. - Dana Hunter
Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self imposed immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's understanding without guidance from another. This immaturity is self-imposed when its cause lies not in lack of understanding but in lack of resolve and courage to use it. Sapere Aude! -I. Kant

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:25 pm

My schedule is basically a lack of a schedule. Some nights I'm available all night long. Some days I never get to sit at the computer. You can usually look for me around 8-10PM, but no guarantees for any given night of the week. I tend to stay up until midnight, and as you know I'm using my Thursdays and Saturdays for plotted chat RP right now, when I'm able to. (I've missed, what, two sessions for each group now? x_x)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:40 pm

Certainly willing, but my schedule tends to be limited to wednesdays and thursdays.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:37 pm

Willing, but it might be difficult for me to get back into.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm

Well! I'm already encouraged by the number of people still interested. Anyone else?

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:10 am

Dude, I'd totally be up for this. Sadly though, my schedule ain't so hot...during Sunday-Thursday, the latest I can stay is going to be 6 PM eastern, and that'll probably get cut short. After that, I'll be there at 3 AM eastern on. On Friday/Saturday however, I'm more than eager, and my schedule shall be free!

...Sometimes I hate living in such a wildly different time zone.

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:30 pm

Oooo... Chat RP. Exciting!

I'd love to try and not-lurk in something like this. And I have no job and since I got back from Otakon, I have nothing to look forward to for the rest of the summer! Hurray!

I am one of those people who doesn't have plans until he has plans though, so while I have no forseeable obstructions of my schedule, they will turn up randomly...

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:23 pm

I am on an odd schedule from now until next Saturday the 23rd. I move into my new apartment at school that day and suddenly have free time to do whatever I want, because we'll have ten days before classes start. But the problem then becomes the fact that we'll be having basically a ten-day tabletop roleplaying and video game binge, but I should be able to squeeze in some chat RP. Over the next week and a half, though...busy Wednesday the 13th all night, free after like 9 on Thursday the 14th, then I'm sorta free Friday unless I'm hanging out with my friend Jon, probably pretty much free most of the weekend (except that it's my last one home, so I'm gonna try to see friends), free Monday night, free Tuesday night, not free Wednesday night, maybe free Thursday night, probably not free Friday night.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:24 pm

Cool beans.

The great thing about this thread is now I'm not the only one who knows everybody's schedule. This thread is for you guys, too, so if you want to CI or even do something plotty, check this thread and see who's around. You've got the tools to start shit, too!

I'm in the process of jobhunting at the moment, but I'll try and make time to do the things that make me happy. Like RP!

Return to OOC RP Discussion