Of Crow Nests and Bounty a-plenty - Rebirth (Freeform RP)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Christian
Dead Stompy

Of Crow Nests and Bounty a-plenty - Rebirth (Freeform RP)

Unread postby Christian » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:20 pm

My One Piece Freeform RP is reborn!

Who wants in on it?

The setting is the same as the series, the Straw Hat Pirates were never formed. Most of the organizations, pirates, what have you that are shown in the series may or may not exist, depending entirely on relevance to the plot and/or characters.

You will be roughly on their level, if perhaps a bit below. Imagine, say, some of the lower Numbered and Weekdays in Baroque Works. Still, One Piece makes it hard to properly measure powers and so, so we're keeping the definitions loose here. Over-the-top is always appreciated unless used specifically to dominate the game.

I'm keeping the rules fairly straight-forward:

1. Freeform still complies to the Golden Rules of Roleplaying; Don't play the other characters or NPCs. Extras, on the other hand, are yours to throw around with within reasonable limits.

2. You are not allowed to be a Devil's Fruit user unless you and I take a cooperative approach to this.

3. You can have a funny relationship with, I dunny, Foxy, or someone... but that doesn't mean you can be the illegimite child of Iceburg and Franky... but we take a Rule #2 approach to this as well.

So that's about it. I'm not demanding knowledge of One Piece from anyone really, but a basic idea about what it is would be helpful to both you and me. Wikipedia is a good help, and Kaizoku-fansubs have done some good fansubbing for the Anime.

OneManga has more or less the entire manga fantranslated up to and counting the most recent chapters, well worth a look.

The characters are to be either sent to me through PM or IM (I'm available at both MSN and AIM) and once I've given them the thumbs up you can post a description here. It would be preferrable that your characters don't have a retards approach to the Grand Line, the World Government, etc. although I won't disallow it. Then again, I can and will supply personal information for you hidden in spoilers tags in case they are needed.

Oh, and we will not be starting in the Grand Line. Most likely in Rogue Town, like the former incarnation of this game, but it's yet to be decided.

Finally, I'm not really setting a specific character sheet for this, what with it being freeform and all. If you want to make one I urge you to <s>purge yourself of those vile ideas</s> go right ahead.

And this will be a Forum-based RP. Obviously.

anime_girl

Unread postby anime_girl » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:29 pm

I do! I do! *raises hands and jumps in the air frantically*

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:56 pm

Well, you're certainly welcome to join.

As I mentioned in my post, if you have a character idea that you want to discuss, you can either send me a Personal Message here over the board, or you can contact me over either MSN or AIM (you can find my usernames under this post or in my profile)

Do the same if you have any questions or such. Mostly this is to avoid cluttering of this thread, and offer some privacy if you don't want to reveal too much about your character.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:51 am

Hm.... One piece... board RP. I'm in. I'll have to give some thought to my character. I wanted to be a devil-fruit user, but I guess I'll come up with someone without one.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:55 am

It's not really impossible, but it's something we'll have to discuss together. Welcome to the group. :)

Return to OOC RP Discussion