Hey, did you feel that? (not a recruitment thread)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Hey, did you feel that? (not a recruitment thread)

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:42 pm

In the winter of 1318 EP, every mage on Gaera with even a remote connection to the astral (say, Mag 2 or greater in PhilSys) felt a powerful magical surge run over the surface of the world. The effects of this surge seem to have been inconsequential in the physical world, though any delicate magical experiments might have to be adjusted or scrapped and restarted entirely because of it.

Some months later, word would begin to trickle in to Igala of sailors sighting a massive object floating in the sky in the southern seas, slowly drifting from place to place. They'd say that it looks like a twisted mess of rock and vines. Never does anything, just floats around.

I'd be glad to answer specific questions about it.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:08 am

Each of my active characters is spectacularly ignorant of the situation!
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:19 pm

1) Would Merchants that frequent the waters between Arogiva and Igala feel it.

2) "All of Gaera" mean "all of gaera" or is that a slight exaggeration?

3) Is the floating mass trackable?

4) Has anyone reported either a new whirlpool or the appearance of a crater?

5) Does the floating mass have a strong magical aura or presence?

6) How long did the initial sensation of magical presence last? Would anyone person or group in particular be more sensitive to it than others?

7) Where did the rumors begin to originate or where were the first most prominent?

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:10 pm

- Is it not a space station?
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:53 pm

1) Would Merchants that frequent the waters between Arogiva and Igala feel it.

2) "All of Gaera" mean "all of gaera" or is that a slight exaggeration?

3) Is the floating mass trackable?

4) Has anyone reported either a new whirlpool or the appearance of a crater?

5) Does the floating mass have a strong magical aura or presence?

6) How long did the initial sensation of magical presence last? Would anyone person or group in particular be more sensitive to it than others?

7) Where did the rumors begin to originate or where were the first most prominent?

1: Yes
2: It does mean All of Gaera
3: From where, and by what means?
4: Doma and Nekonia would probably hear from Tuatha and New Nekonia respectively that their people observed an island rising into the sky from the sea when the magical surge hit. Luckily, the forces raising the Island also seemed to prevent any tsunami waves from forming.
5: It does! Anyone looking at astrally can see intense barrier magic forming a sphere around the Island.
6: About half a minute, and a few elementals might have felt it more instensely than others, but even there it would only manifest as a headache.
7: Reports first came in from Ships going between New Nekonia and Nekonia, and between Doma and Tuatha.

Also, no. Definitely not a space station. =P

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:02 pm

Yeah, Tuatha would have gotten word to the Domans somehow. They don't have their own navy or anything, but after the conflicts there a couple of years ago they're on good enough terms with their neighbors to get messages sent.

Return to OOC RP Discussion