To Forget Is Divine

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Taiar

To Forget Is Divine

Unread postby Taiar » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:42 pm

This isn't necessarily about an RP, but it does concern itself with our here world at large.

Can the gods forget? Maybe not Ishtar in her absolutely divinity, but the more...specialized gods perhaps? Those of you with or formerly with god characters could weigh in perhaps...

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:33 pm

I'd say they can forget whatever they want until they don't want to have forgotten it again. That is, they can remove something from their memory, but in the future if they ever want to put it back, it's back.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:43 am

Well, sure the gods can forget. They can also make a square that has three sides. This is their game, after all; they define the rules. I guess the more pertinent question is, do they forget. I'd have no problem with gods who have always been gods being able to remember everything for every day they experienced since their genesis, but I'm not so sure that mortals-risen should have the same quirk.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Return to OOC RP Discussion