Fields of Wilting Roses (Philsys,Gen1, Closed)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Nekogami

Fields of Wilting Roses (Philsys,Gen1, Closed)

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:42 am

Brought to you by Ashley and Ken's vote of confidence.

This plot is finally, officially closed.

This plot will contain: a plague, the undead, a little detective work, maybe some diplomacy, and some combat (people get feisty when they might die and the undead are "playful")

Average Difficulty/Level: Level 3

Number of players: 5
Board/Chat: First off, My availability: M-F 7pm-12am (give or take an hour on both ends) Sat-Sun: Unlimited So let me know which one you prefer. It'll help me structure things. ***For interested parties that don't want to do Philsys, do not be dismayed. I'm fully willing and interested to run CI's around this plague. Nothing is as conversational as "Hey, did you hear Tompkin's leg rotted off from the plague??"***

Additional commentary:
RP found HERE.

Mechanisto

Hmmm...

Unread postby Mechanisto » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:45 pm

I have an idea for a character I've been meaning to put to paper lately, and I think she'd fit in well with this setting.

Never done much chat RPing, though. I'd muchly prefer a forum RP, but... well... aw, shucks. I can give chat a try if everyone else prefers.

My time availability is similar to Nekogami's, escept I'm unavailable Tuesdays. I go by Atlantic Canada time, mind you. Cause that's how I roll.

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:04 am

Come on people, look alive. There's good RP to be had, eh?

The only Philsys sheet I have is Tai, and we both know he could be busy with other things for a while...

...However, I've been looking for a board RP to participate in since in my long history here I don't think I've ever gone through with an entire board RP. And I've had my interests rekindled by a number of things. Soooo...

I'd like to throw my hand in with the usual suspect if you'll have me. The timing of the event can be worked out later if its important. I just sort of assume that all RPs happen in real time.

Amanda's timing works for me with the exception of Mondays and Wednesdays, where I won't be available until 8:00 PM.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:58 pm

If this is board, there's a white mage character I wouldn't mind fleshing out more. Chat, I doubt I'll be able to make it very often. Depends on how busy I am most nights.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:14 pm

I'm definitely interested in this, I just need to come up with a character first.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:02 am

For all of you: Board is looking like the medium for this adventure.

Must say, I'm overjoyed to have you all under my care. I originally had Monday as the deadline for sign up in my mind but I think I'll extend that, just in case.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:24 pm

Katherine Tailles

Her Philsys sheet is very very very very VERY out of date. I will attempt to get this fixed and ready to go a.s.a.p. =x

Mechanisto

My character idea

Unread postby Mechanisto » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:07 pm

Kevit Kresarik.

He hasn't even been reviewed yet to confirm that all his PhilSys maths check out and such, so the skills and abilities coudl be totally out of whack for all I know. However, you can still get the jist of the character's intended background and personality.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Signup!

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:56 pm

I'd like to volunteer either Sorune or Kumo for this venture, depending on how the average level is. However, I probably won't be able to join in until early March-I hope that Amanda can hold a place open for me until then.

http://forums.rpgww.org/viewtopic.php?t=1131

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:48 pm

Board? I think I should sign up, then. I believe I have an appropriate character.

Brinala Aldring.

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:22 pm

Taiar's Philsys Sheet:

http://mysidia.org/rpgww/Taiar#Philsys_Data

For anyone to enjoy.

Nekogami

Update

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:11 pm

Trevor: Glad to have you at any time my friend. I have a preference for you to use Kumo as things currently stand BUT by the time you get around to joining us that might change so get back with me in early March and we'll figure out what to do then.

Mechanisto & Dave: Try to get final approval on your characters this weekend or early Monday morning. I think we might be able to kick things off here shortly.

Seethe: I'm a new GM and I'm not sure I can support you if you need advanced Phil system help. But as you are active and committed, I don't see a reason not to let you join. I'll try to answer any questions that you have but you might want to get with Brian, Doug, or Shaun for anything I can't answer.

Ken: If you're going to be using Tai, let's try and finish your plot first because the outcome of that could determine a few minor things.

Any questions, comments?

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:47 pm

Katherine should be usable now, but probably still needs some work once she levels.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:58 pm

RP is started. I'm a crappy writer so I'll try to compensate with colorful visual.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:25 am

Is it too late to sign up? I don't have a philsys character lying around, but as I am currently in school right now with a couple of hours between classes, I think I could whip something up in the meantime.

I'm a bit hindered for being GMT+1, which seems to be a minority on this board, but I'll be able to keep a daily schedule and although I work every second weekend (the coming one being one of them), I'm still able to post during those days as well.

I'm really rusty when it comes to PhilSys, never did play much with it back in the old days as I did mostly freeform back then, but I'll whip something up any way and we'll work from there...

This is, of course, if me joining up at this time is alright. ^^;

Mechanisto

Blargh

Unread postby Mechanisto » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:06 pm

I will scramble desperately to get my character approved asap. If it doesn't get done in time, you may just have to cut me out.

My Character Closet post has a sum total of zero posts, even after all this time... this may call for a chatroom vigil.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:50 am

Hey, C.

If you don't mind a rookie GM sure you can join. I'll just pull myself out as a character which is fine since that means that I only have to focus on controlling the game and not being in it.

Be quick buddy. Get with Shaun, Doug, or Brian as soon as you can if you want to be in this. Kay?

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:20 pm

I hear and obey!

*skulks away to the Wiki whilst digging through his old archives in desperate search for old characters that have escaped the regular purges*

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:27 pm

viewtopic.php?t=5599

There we go, perhaps not the best... but hopefully I'll mold enough of his personality down when I'm playing, I've got a pretty stable ground for him right now...

I would kind of prefer not playing PhilSys, but rather just CI, but generally I'm up for both, so just go with whatever suits the moment with me if you want to. ^^

EDIT: Oh, and while I haven't gotten it approved yet... which... apparantly I seemed to have missed you need to do(?), I'll still make an introductory post, if that's alright, so as to not waste time.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:09 pm

Not the GM, but it looks like a good start to me!

if it's any consolation, I'm kinda in the same boat with Katherine hehe.
I haven't roleplayed her often, so I'm hoping this'll give me a chance to flesh her out a bit.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:46 am

*nods*

Thanks, it was all written kind of in a hurry, and I'm not very satisfied with how it came out, but this was mostly just a temporary jury-rigging to get me going fast, I'm planning on reworking (not changing) most if his textual descriptions, as well as getting stats for weapons and abilities down.

I looked at my old char sheet, and there were stats for handguns on it, but I couldn't find any in the wiki (didn't look that closely, but...), I think there may be some in the excel files from way back, should I use them?

I'll try to keep this character from becoming a goofy stereotype, despite the fact that his description already kind of made him one... -_-;

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:06 am

:monocle: The GM has updated the thread! :monocle:

Now for business:

MECHANISTO! I made my second post without you posting in advanced but you haven't missed anything that will set you back. Please post as soon as possible though. If any of you all see him buzzing around the internet let him know he's needed. I don't know his AIM screename.

Speaking of screennames, just so I'm up to date:

Dave = FFFAN80
Tai= majorgeneraltso and more currently lurkergami
Christian = ????
Mechanisto = ????
Seethe = ????

Just let me know so if I need to get a hold of you I can.

Doug has agreed, bless him, to be a my personal Philsys support on this endeavor. Maybe, I'll learn something from him. But if you seem him around, I suppose you could harrass him for information, yes?

That is all.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:08 am

Ah yes, AIM.

I'm on there as often as I can, and when I am I'll be under christiancord, my old username.

If you need me on msn, where I'm online more frequently, it's soptunnan2k5 at hotmail dot com

I'll try to get online this evening once I return from a game of gentlemanish Warhammer 40k.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:35 pm

AIM address is Seethe347, but if you need to get a hold of me, you'll probably just have to send a PM since I have dialup and am therefore not usually on AIM.

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:49 am

My AIM screen name is "MechanistoX", though I might not be on all that often. PMs will be more likely to work.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:42 pm

Apologies for Mister Sunshine McFriendly; he's on a roll, that's all.

Clarification : Days without scarcely any food tends to disjoint an already addled mind... But he'll be calming down soon enough.

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:29 pm

Yo man. Regardless of how Tai reacts to him...

That guy is effin awesome.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:31 pm

After som consideration, it is now Mikhail, and not Mikail. Truthfully I was considering Mikhail at first, but wanted something exotic.

Buuuut, since Mikhail does sound a bit bitter, and to avoid fuss, that's his name from now on. :)

*grumbles* Still need to update his personality and history, why am I so lazy?

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:47 pm

At least you're not having constant writer's block x_x;

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:37 pm

>:{ I'd take bad writing over no writing anytime.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:11 am

D:< I don't take writing, I steal it!

As for me, I'm gonna be a bit lowkey for the others to catch up, things have gone a bit fast and I don't want to rush things away.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:02 am

Really? I was thinking it was going kind of slow. Maybe that's on the account that I'm the GM and I know everything that's going on, eh?

We need more of Kevit and Brinala. >:{

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:18 pm

Heh, well, mostly I didn't want to make it a "I and one more person posts furiously for two days, pushing the plot along madly so that the other players can't have a say in what 'we' do"

But yeah, I guess it goes a bit slowly, I'll post real soon.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:18 pm

Shall I progress the plot to the Ivory Horn? It seems like conversation in this group is going to slow us down so maybe I should make the transition between events smaller.

Any disagreements with this?

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:01 am

I'm afraid I'm blowing everything Mikhail does horribly out of proportion... He's so fantastically fun to observe though. Should I tone it down...?

Also: It is as you wish, GM!

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:31 am

Well, I really don't mind, I find it equally interesting to read reactions to him. I kind of based him on my general process of thought with just a bit of tinkering, it's frightening how mad it turned out...

But yeah, I'm all for plot-furthening, I do enjoy CI, but I also feel that with some more plot to stand on, our interaction will probably be more fleshed out.

Oh, and if Mikhail rubs the wrong way with Kevit, the -2 CHA makes the fellow a bit unlikeable, I guess, and I'm trying to play on that... :/

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:11 pm

So, now that I'm done throwing grenades and shooting rocket launchers, can the Sage get in on this endeavor? I'm still going to be on AIM on Der DWSage, and I'd still like to use Kumo.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:34 pm

Hell YEAH!

Any man that has wielded rocket launchers either/and/or grenades need not ask to be in any of my RPS. It is assumed that they are automatically allowed!!

Oh and feel free to jump in when/where appropriate.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:44 am

Hup hup, soldier of Fortune; welcome to the ranks of our motley band of healers and, *gasp*, do-gooders.

For a little FYI, I'm currently in the process of reclaiming my body from a particularly nasty cold, so I'm gonna have to turn to the backdrop for a little while, if no one minds. Just for a day or two.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:01 am

Sure thing. Drink plenty of vitamin C enhanced drinks and get better soon. Being sick is ickly.

Next

Return to OOC RP Discussion