Metro City: Night of Too Many Dangers

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Metro City: Night of Too Many Dangers

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:19 pm

There's a new villain in Metro City, police are sure of it. Crime scenes keep popping up where guards are apparently able to empty clip after clip and yet, forensics suggest, are still able to be torn apart by someone's - something's - bare hands; marks on all victims are identical, and several even display clearly human fingerprints (though not any in the police database). Blood from the crime scenes, isolated by chance from the sanguine, pulpy mess of anyone who stands in the way of whoever is doing this, shows quirks not seen often, reflecting a being with impressive powers. Superheroes have shown up at these crime scenes before they were even cordoned off by police; Boreas stood and scratched his head, surveying still-warm carnage with no sign of the perpetrator, the strange and reclusive hero known only as the Mammal could turn up nothing with his super-sensitive nose, bat-like echolocation and infrared sense, and platypus-derived electroception, and the Crimson Defender made a speech thanking the police for their efforts and implying that he would be the one to eventually solve this crime.

The police have made an open call for superheroes to meet at the police headquarters to be briefed on these extremely disturbing events and given some new information that has apparently come to light.

(I'm looking for 4-5 players for this freestyle board RP set in Metro City. If you need setting information, you can ask Cha or myself.)
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:48 pm

Despite it being somewhat against my better judgment to join another RP.... I want to see what happens if Nicki gets involved in this.

Count me in.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:20 pm

I think my choice is clear, then. Hothead it is!

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:06 pm

Sorry about the character control with the whole CD thing, Cha. You don't mind, do you?
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:17 am

I'd definitely like to be in on this too.

What are constraints as far as character creation?
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:19 am

... *didn't read that fully* CD's not the only publicly recognized uberhero. Make someone up.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:05 am

Maybe.
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:42 am

Molokidan wrote:What are constraints as far as character creation?

Well, I'd say no Superman-like godmoder characters, or even anything as powerful as some of the crazier X-Men (Jean Gray comes to mind; even Wolverine would be a stretch). Powers can be anything you want within reason, assuming you even want true powers over the Batman or Iron Man routes. Have fun with it.

The Dark Gun

You acquire x1 Maiden of Death da da da DAAAH!

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:28 am

Yomi thinks it looks like something she should investigate. Count her in.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:50 am

Chang is in on this. Looking for a good fight(/Board RP) to join.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:40 pm

I'm going to need actual powers from people; in CIs, we tend to be secretive about what our characters can do. I'm not entirely sure of what Chang's powers are or the full extent of the powers of Yomi, Hothead, and the character Molo told me about. Nicki's are fairly well-established, I think, but some elaboration might be appropriate, maybe.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:25 pm

Nicki's body fluids are highly toxic. It's not precisely a superpower, but having your body manufacture a neurotoxin that can kill the crap out of normal people is still rather extraordinary.

She hasn't weaponized it yet, as she hasn't sufficiently levelled her mad scientistness. Someday...

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:37 pm

Saffron is a masochist in more than one sense of word. There is something peculiar about her pain sensors -- when they're excited, usually through receiving some kind of damage herself, it actually strengthens her body more, in some extreme cases eventually resulting in superhuman strength (with a colossal amount of personal damage to boot.)
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

The Dark Gun

The Terrible Secret of... Er... Well not space

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:21 pm

Yomi's power is mostly singular. She has a limited ability to control and contain the energy that makes things live. The most important limitation is that she cannot control the life energy in other living beings, unless those beings have, at some point, been dead or have submitted to the manipulation voluntairily. She can, however, contain as much as she can get her hands on, and can drain very small ambient quantities out of the air with a somewhat time-consuming ritual. She can put it to as many uses as she can come up with. She can create small, temporary beings out of it, capable of carrying small objects or perhaps delivering a short message. She can imbue others with it, causing them to regenerate or heal rapidly, capable of sustaining those near death, but re-growing limbs, etc. requires both excessive energy and a lot of time. She can put it to a large number of uses internally, for example, she can use it to deny physical needs and such, like sleep (which she is quite fond of doing, due to the price that accompanies her power), breathing, etc. and has demonstrated the ability to drink copious amounts of alchohol as she negates poison with it as well (The more dangerous the poison, the more energy it takes). She can also heal herself and manifest low levels of superhuman physical ability.

She can also sense "2nd (or more) lifers" at about sight range.

She also carries an incredibly durable, heavy book on her person at all times, though where on her person is not entirely certain. This book functions as her 'Bible' as well as a sort of arcane tomb for any sort of more... Esoteric uses one might imagine for her ability. In theory she may be capable of appealing to whatever force she worships for some form of... Uhm... Death intervention, but I suspect that requires substantial sacrifice and is not something to be done lightly... If ever.

Her power is greatly derived from her faith and doctrine which she follows closely, and aside from her limited pool of energy to draw on, she also must live through, in her dreams, the lives of those 2nd (or more) lifers she absorbs fully (Or, I suppose, if anyone ever chose to donate all of their life energy to her she'd have to live out their life too...) since their most recent ressurection until the time she destroyed them.

Oniichan

Unread postby Oniichan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:06 pm

:monocle:

Count the Fabulous Insectoid Lad in for the journey if there is room for a little more rage and anger in the world.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:08 pm

*attaches to Oniichan*

Yay!

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:42 pm

Dude, I totally would, but I already have 7 people in the RP, which is way more than I wanted. If we lose one at some point, you're in.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:20 am

I'm embarrassed at myself for this, but I let this slide far, far into the back.

I'm ready to start it as soon as people report in. I know I had seven: Ashley, Cha, Molo, Thram, Shini, Joe, and one other (GC? I think?). I think Cha's been missing, so his spot can move to Oniichan.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:06 pm

YES

The Onii of chan should play.

Geesi
I fix problems.

Unread postby Geesi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:28 pm

I rather agree.

For my part, I don't really remember having signed up for this, but that's never been an indication of anything and not telling anyone sounds about like the sort of thing I'd do.

Anyway, Romulus has little in the way of super-powers. He's a fair bit tougher than he looks (which is not very) and he has a knack for not dying when he ought to, but most of his heroing credentials come from all those wonderful toys of his and some good low-profile body armor.

He's got a reasonable collection, which includes simple things like pepper spray, flash grenades, tasers and a pocket New Testament specially treated to deflect bullets, which goes in his chest pocket (the procedure performed on it makes it impossible to read or, for that matter, open). For a scary threat like this one, he could probably do some actual explosives, a high-current glove-based electrical discharge system and rocket boots for short boosts.

In addition, he tends to carry around a small spray canister of a chemical that sharks find distasteful, because "if you've got a theme running, why not go wild with it?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:03 am

Special...bulletproof...New Testament...

I love Romulus Hackley.

Return to OOC RP Discussion