New Newsfeeds

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Idran1701
None some call is air am

New Newsfeeds

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:38 am

On Kai's recommendation, I'm trying out a new addition to the forums. To help out folks interesting in following news, a news aggregator has been set up here. It'll collect news from forum-relevant sites and post it regularly as its reported. People can feel free to reply to interesting articles if they like, and if an especially active discussion gets started, the thread can be moved to the main forum. Otherwise, articles'll get pruned after 21 days of inactivity.

There are three feeds set up right now: ENWorld, SJGames, and GamingReport.com. If there are any others that people here think might be useful, go ahead and suggest them. I'd ask you all stick to sites that are somehow relevant to the idea of this being an RP forum, though; I don't want to get too off-message with this.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:11 am

I'd suggest RPGamer.com.
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:10 pm

CNN, or something similar?

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:46 pm

Molo: That's perfect, yeah. I'll make a quick check if RPGamer has a news feed, and if it does, I'll set it up.

Chuck: By not wanting to get off-message, I mean I don't want any news feeds up that don't have to do with RPing or RPGs in some fashion, at least. At its heart this is still an RP forum, after all.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:56 pm

Can we, perhaps, make a new form for these to be subforums of? I keep seeing the New Messages icon for the OOC forum and then go "Crap" when I realize it's just the newsfeeds and there's no new RPs being advertised or anything.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:10 pm

Spleen's thoughts are close to mine.

To ADD: Perhaps some FEED FILL FORUM where all the feeds go, not broken up into sub-subforii?

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:29 pm

I'll see about moving the feeds, but I'd rather not dump them all into a single forum. People won't want to read only either all or none of them, and by keeping them it separate sections, it'll be easier for people that are interested in some but not others to only keep an eye on the feeds they're interested in.

Return to OOC RP Discussion