Wake of the Fallen Pillar (A MACstravaganza!)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Wake of the Fallen Pillar (A MACstravaganza!)

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:31 am

I'm gonna try to run a MAC RP of the quasi-freestyle board RP persuasion.
The execution of these hinges on the interest of you, the prospective player.
It'll be the first of a few I've planned, and should be pretty fun.

The plot centers around conflicts regarding the New Beldad Coalition States, and the players being hired to assist in intercepting some stuff. There's more to it, but it's on a need-to-know basis.

I'll be accepting character applications in this thread. Since this is freestyle, there's no real format I'll require, but I'd like it if the sheet describes the character's appearance, personality and backstory, as well as their abilities in piloting, combat, magic, and technology, and their hobbies and talents and such. Likewise, a detailed rundown of their equipments and vehichles.

I'll also post informations on the New Beldad Coalition later, for those interested.

So go ahead and gimme any questions and sheets and exclamations.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:58 am

OK, so you can have either Alexander Domanada, a smarmy young man directly descended from King Charles himself, or Helden Krieger, a man with no experiences outside an MAC laboratory... both good choices, both good pilots, the pick is up to you!

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:08 pm

Xarles Lukard Klavier Van Kaen

Xarles was born to a family of well-learned engineers, and as a result, got hands-on experience and training with mechanics and mech repair right at home. Growing up, however, the curious, intellectual boy slowly began to formulate his own idea of where he wanted to end up in life -- not just a typical -- albeit well-learned and successful -- mechanic as his mother and father. He wanted to do something special...unique. And so, as he traversed through his years as a teenager, vanity and minor delusions of grandeur set in through his various studies and research as a "fashionable mechanic." Finally, he grew to a 20-year-old mechanic with long, red hair and bright green eyes, holding one unusual dream: to someday grow to be a traveling mechanic who possessed the capability to cause the most stylish, fashionable explosions the world had ever seen.

His unusual interest aside, Van Kaen is a skilled mechanic and electrical engineer, able to repair (as well as defuse) a variety of implements with both parts finesse and accuracy. While there are certainly better pilots than he, and despite the fact that he can't cast a single spell of magic, he has an extraordinary control over his depth perception, aim, and gunmanship. That, combined with his cleverness around machines proves him a worthy adversary -- provided that his concentration on style doesn't hinder him too much.

Aside from machines, Van Kaen also enjoys shopping, fashion design, as well as cooking, which he does terribly. When he excited, he can be a tad impulsive, but is otherwise soft-spoken, as he is very concerned about what others think of him and constantly trying to play the cool, suave role. He is a family man, and writes to his mother and father constantly, and although he is currently single, has had a few decent relationships (that he can remember).

And being the ballistics fanatic that he is, Van Kaen partnered his mech-know how with his wild imagination to bring forth a series of strange new inventions. His mecha, Rosencrantz, is rather lightweight but agile as far as mecha go, specializing in mine deployment as well as explosive ballistics. His trump card is the "Blast Ordinance," a secret weapon that is said to shoot out pure force at its enemies. His secondary vehicle is Guildenstern, a wire-thin speedbike with no major weapons and little armor. It is primarily used for traversing long distances due to its speed, as well as sabotage and reconnaissance missions.

(If there's anything I left out that should be here, let me know)
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:10 pm

Chuck if you don't post sheets NOW I am going to knit an uncomfortable sweater and staple it onto you.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:37 am

Alexander Dullin Charles Icarus Domanada

Born into the lap of luxury, Alex Domanada was always a pampered brat. He was told stories by his father, Elwyn, about the great Domanada monarchy that ruled Doma for thousands of years before being uprooted by crass democrats. Entitlement was the norm.

At the age of eighteen, he was charged by his father to learn the ways of mechanized combat, instead of the magery he was studying. He said that "it might come in handy someday". Knowing what he meant, and feeling bored with the spoiled life anyway, he headed to MAC Igala A, and excelled, as was expected. It had been rare for Alex to not be good at what he did.

At home, he had studied violin, unarmed self-defense, fencing, ballroom dance, skeet shooting, and the basics of pyromancy. All of these skills came easily to him, like breathing. It was the actual use of a mech that first brought him difficulty. Though he was given a mech with the countenance of an obedient butler, he found the experience jarring. But, like every other challenge, he defeated it, and became a fine pilot in his own right.

Owing more to his female ancestor Elle than her father, Alex has olive skin, and long, dark hair, which he's dyed blonde, on a lark. He's tall, slender, and athletic, and dresses in fashion-forward versions of the MAC uniforms (he refuses to wear the acrylics that the standard outfits are made of, and has his made of Theician silks). As one can expect, such a spoiled upbringing brought a sense of overconfidence and arrogance to Alex's demeanor, but an ingrained sense of decency still shines through.

(Still need to work out his mecha... it's going to be a top of the line, medium armored little devil, built like a humanoid dragon, with a fencer's beam saber and a high powered rifle that he can use to end battles before he's on the same continent as his opponent...)

Helden Krieger

Helden was born in a tube, a long time ago. A genetic synthesis of several human donors, all with remarkable innate skills, he was designed to be the ultimate MAC warrior. Helden's "father", Anblick, was a quiet, considerate man, who tended to his "son's" every need. Sadly, the experiments that brought Helden into the world were not sanctioned by law, and he was arrested, a few months before Helden's development was to be complete.

The government, initially, wasn't sure what to do with Helden. He had committed no crime, and seeing as he was protected by the Sentience Act, they could not destroy him. So, they decided that, while Anblick's act was unlawful, the results, Helden, should not go to waste. So they enrolled him in MAC, as a pilot.

On paper, Anblick's vision came true. Helden's skills at piloting, mental acuity, physical prowess, and weapons training were all finely tuned. He was even trained in the use of electromancy. But the one thing Anblick had put at the end of the priority list was information on the world at large. Helden was a tabula rasa, a blank slate. And his first experiences in the academy were that of animosity and venom. As a result, he became withdrawn, unwilling to interact with a world that disapproved of him on principle.

Helden pilots a tek armor called the Annexis, which was personally built for him by his father. It is a standard frame, humanoid-style mech, which is basic white with red and blue accent. It's equipped with many armaments, including a monowire knife, jump jets, tesla shocker, plasma sword, and a light streak missile launcher. It's considered a well-equipped, well-designed armor with good equipment for any situation.

YA HAPPY NOW? Yeesh... and I may still make a new guy, geared towards "underworld"-y stuff. (Though a guy's gotta ask... how underground can giant robots be?) And if ya need more... ugh. Lemme know... I'm tired...[/u][/i]

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:40 pm

KingOfDoma wrote: (Though a guy's gotta ask... how underground can giant robots be?) [/u][/i]

Clearly you've never played Xenogears.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:01 am

Calling this off. Sorry guys. Not enough interest combined with starting a job, with other bonus reasons!

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:31 am

Just letting you know this saddens me, and if you ever have time in the future, I'll be here waiting. :(

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:41 am

It might after the Holiday season.

Return to OOC RP Discussion